PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Victoria

stxfootballfan
11-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Any suggestions on good places to eat in Victoria?

gobbler grad
11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Roadhouse is good...Montana Mikes' is real good...Chili's...Greek Bros. just opened...all on the same road...Navarro St.(same rd. as the mall...Academy...Wal-Mart)
there is a whole bunch of different stuff...:thinking:

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
yup plenty of good places jsut drive down navarro and you will be fine

Bull Butter
11-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I like Ryan's on Navarro. I guess since we don't have any of them down here in the RGV, it's something different.

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
We just got back from Victoria and ate at La Hacienda - in front of the Mall and it was excellent!

CalallenWildcat
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Baytown Seafood on Houston Highway can be very good, but the last time I ate there it wasn't too great. "Hit or Miss" but if you want seafood, I don't know of any alternatives.

There is a Mexican food place in the old part of town - don't remember the name but it's really good! Help me out, those who know the area better than I do.

gobbler grad
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
there's just so many, can't remember them all...:confused:

:D :D :D

piratebg
11-27-2006, 10:33 PM
I hear their Whataburger serves a mean A-1 Thick n Hearty. :D

gobbler grad
11-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

yeah, but you can eat those anywhere...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Baytown Seafood on Houston Highway can be very good, but the last time I ate there it wasn't too great. "Hit or Miss" but if you want seafood, I don't know of any alternatives.

There is a Mexican food place in the old part of town - don't remember the name but it's really good! Help me out, those who know the area better than I do.

which part of town - on the Houston Highway? Ventura's has great homemade tamales...... or Siesta is good. There is a really good place on Main Street downtown but I forget the name of it.. and by the High School there is a good place - it's by where the Pizza Hut used to be by the old movie theatre. Las Cuealas (sp) on Laurent a block off of Crestwood is good too

luvhoops34
11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Victoria is sure moving up in the world. The last time I was there, and hunting a place to eat was in 01.

IHS Fan
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't know if it is still open , but Brothers BBQ on hwy 87 was great a few years back.

CalallenWildcat
11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
which part of town - on the Houston Highway? Ventura's has great homemade tamales...... or Siesta is good. There is a really good place on Main Street downtown but I forget the name of it.. and by the High School there is a good place - it's by where the Pizza Hut used to be by the old movie theatre. Las Cuealas (sp) on Laurent a block off of Crestwood is good too

It's sort of downtown near the corner of Navarro and whatever Houston Highway is called in that part of town.

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
It's sort of downtown near the corner of Navarro and whatever Houston Highway is called in that part of town.
that sounds like Venturas........

CalallenWildcat
11-27-2006, 11:47 PM
that sounds like Venturas........

From the outside, the place looks like a 50s diner. One of the windows has the block glass.

crabman
11-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Right by the stadium on Sam Houston Drive are two restaurants with the same owner. Tejanita Tacqueria at 1309 Sam Houston and Tejanita Seafood at 1305 Sam Houston. Las Cazuelas is on Laurent between Airline and Crestwood. Also excellent.
Olde Victoria is now open on the 12th floor of One O'Connor Plaza. Fantastic food with a spectacular view of the city.

Any of the chain restaurants along Navarro will do just fine also.

HM33
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Depends on what type of food you want.

Mexican- Solitas (by Citizens Hospital) or Casa Ole
Steaks and stuff- Roadhouse, Montana Mikes
Seafood - Some place on Bus. 59

Highschoolfan78
11-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Mexican food:
La tejanita on Sam Houston (also pretty close to the school)

La Hacienda is good but a little more pricy than some of the other mexican food places in town.

Casa Ole is good if you liked microwaved stuff... I like it haha..

Jalepenos on Navarro is good

Vera Cruz is probably my 2nd favorite mexxican food place in town. It is also on Navarro.

Also El rodeo is pretty good.

Chinese:

China Taste going towards the mall on navarro. (great buffett)

Chinese food in HEB is great as well.. Don't go to the malls... Heard it's not that exceptional.

Pizza places:

The incredible pizza place opened up and tastes alot like the old place that used to be there.

There's a pizza hut on every corner pretty much.

Burger Joints:
typical
wendy's
burger king
whataburger
dairy queen
mcdonalds

but my favorite is a family owned. Dairy Treat on Laurent. Great burgers. Elvis once stopped there.

Seafood:
La tejanita seafood next door to the mexican food place is ok.

I also heard baytown seafood had its good and bad days.

Redlobster of course is there

resturaunt chains:
Chili's
Texas Roadhouse
Johnny Carino's
Montana Mike's
Golden Corral
Ryan's
Ihop
Denny's
Skillets

I hope i was able to help
:)

Highschoolfan78
11-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by piratebg

you are correct

HM33
11-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
you are correct

Yes, they are probably simply the best burger every thought of :) haha

TAMUGRAD
11-28-2006, 06:46 AM
We just got back from Victoria and ate at La Hacienda - in front of the Mall and it was excellent!

Yum, the fried avocado stuffed with chicken or beef is my favorite.

44INAROW
11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

I almost got that........ ended up with the Cancun Snapper :)

Mean Green Fan
11-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Depending on what type of food you like........

Seafood

Pelican's Wharf
Baytown
Both on Rio Grande

Chinese

Hunan's(Navarro and Mockingbird)
Dragon Palace(Located in the old HEB strip Mall on Navarro)

Italian

Johny Carino's

Steaks

Montana Mikes
Texas Roadhouse...both on Navarro

Family style
Hungry Jacks.....Cheap Margaritas..Laurent and Airline

Buffet Style
Golden Corral
Ryans

Mexican Food
Vera Cruz on navarro
Many others.....

IHStangFan
11-28-2006, 10:08 AM
its been a long time since I actually drove THROUGH Victoria instead of around it....where is the stadium located?

Mean Green Fan
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
If you want to park on the visitors side coming from Ingleside or hwy 77. Stay on 77 to Stockbauer exit and go north to Airline. left on Airline and the stadium and parking is on your right.Take Miori lane and go left from Stockbauer to park on the Home side. The stadium will be on your left from Miori lane.

underware
11-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

That is a good place to eat, enjoy it myself. But I still like Siesta on Houston Hwy.

JT44
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Texas Drive Inn, right down the street from the stadium

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Right by the stadium on Sam Houston Drive are two restaurants with the same owner. Tejanita Tacqueria at 1309 Sam Houston and Tejanita Seafood at 1305 Sam Houston.

That's what I was gunna suggest... very close to the stadium and atleast the Tacqueria one is good for sure... heard the seafood one is top-notch as well...

In the mall, for you shoppers, is Casa Ole of course...

And if you want to grab a beer, watch some sports and eat some pretty good grub-food, there is Scoreboard at the North end of the mall near JC Penny's...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
and leave your smokes in the car... smokin' ban...

Also at scoreboard you can play Texas Hold 'em up on the TV with everyone at the bar...

I remember a time when I'd go in there three times a week... that place was like cheers, everyone knew your name...