PDA

View Full Version : BBDE's Playoff Upset Special

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Playoff Upset Record is 4-8.

As the field narrows, so does the upsets to chose from. With that being said, here is my one and only Upset Special.

Canton (8-4) over Celina (12-0)
*Best of luck to both teams, and wishes of a safe trip to fans travelling to the game.*

Emerson1
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I hope you are right.

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
hmmm....interesting....iffin you are right in the end....I would be interested in your logic and what made you conclude this.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
hmmm....interesting....iffin you are right in the end....I would be interested in your logic and what made you conclude this.

I pick a gutsy underdog, and Canton embodies that, winning games without their supposed "All-Star" QB and making a deep run in the playoffs. Shows the character of all of the players and the coaching system they have down there.

3afan
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
..... interested in your logic and what made you conclude this.

logic = darts :D

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
:smoker: :smoker:

dogdad
11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Big Blue, I like your style
what a great story it would be

but back to reality.....no way Canton beats Celina

Technoredneck
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
and no way T LE beats Gilmer, or Vernon beats Sweetwater!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Big Blue, I like your style
what a great story it would be

but back to reality.....no way Canton beats Celina

Well, most people told me the same thing when I told them Texarakana L-E was going to beat Gilmer, so I'll take my chances...

dogdad
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM
don't get me wrong, I love what Canton has done and it would be fitting if they continued, but I've seen Canton and they're no LE and there is no scenario I can dream up where they upset Celina.....it is mathematically impossible

now Brownsboro beating Celina..............I could compute that one

Stownhorse
11-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
and no way T LE beats Gilmer, or Vernon beats Sweetwater!

or snyder beats vernon lol.....Im jk but thats what im pullin for

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 11:42 AM
LE was top ranked to start the year, and we all knew the LE-Gilmer game was coming, so just because LE looked ahead and lost a couple games does not mean beating Gilmer was impossible for them....I think that was more a focus issue than a caliber of team issue....

Vernon over flavored water was not as much an upset as some would believe....Sweetwater is every year ALOT more type and talk than results.....the rabid fans go on and on each year about how they will win state, but alas, most years they bounce the round balls in early December....and I was really looking forward to a red vs. orange clash, if it could happen....

Now to the important bidness.....can ANYONE in this great state look at ANY section of the 3A playoff brackets and see any easier part of the bracket than the one Canton is in to get to the 3rd round? Talk about not playing anyone....Canton has ridden the Kinne train to a quality program the last few years, and they are to be commended for a great year after so many buckethead kids ran off once the shot up coach and his primadonna son left, but their year ends this week....not bitter, just better....

Adidas410s
11-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
LE was top ranked to start the year, and we all knew the LE-Gilmer game was coming, so just because LE looked ahead and lost a couple games does not mean beating Gilmer was impossible for them....I think that was more a focus issue than a caliber of team issue....

I wouldn't say that L-E looked ahead by any means. They had injuries to their two biggest offensive weapons in QB Middlebrooks and RB James for a significant portion of the regular season. Those guys returned in time for the playoffs and it made a big difference.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan

Vernon over flavored water was not as much an upset as some would believe....Sweetwater is every year ALOT more type and talk than results.....the rabid fans go on and on each year about how they will win state, but alas, most years they bounce the round balls in early December....and I was really looking forward to a red vs. orange clash, if it could happen....

Now to the important bidness.....can ANYONE in this great state look at ANY section of the 3A playoff brackets and see any easier part of the bracket than the one Canton is in to get to the 3rd round? Talk about not playing anyone....Canton has ridden the Kinne train to a quality program the last few years, and they are to be commended for a great year after so many buckethead kids ran off once the shot up coach and his primadonna son left, but their year ends this week....not bitter, just better....

Nobody is downing Celina, they're a great football team, but Canton has shown a lot of guts to even make it as far as they have, and with that being said, I'm sure they have a lot more to offer than you would think. Don't make excuses as to why they can't, because there are hundreds more reasons why they can....