lonnyd
11-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Hopefully Giddings!!! We are due

necks_c/09
11-28-2006, 09:36 AM
giddings will stomp waco La Vega:doh:

JR2004
11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna go with MODOC on this one simply because they're the underdog. It's been a good while since Willie Williams had a team go this far in the playoffs so I hope they're able to stick around for another week!

Darren
11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm gonna go with MODOC on this one simply because they're the underdog. It's been a good while since Willie Williams had a team go this far in the playoffs so I hope they're able to stick around for another week!

We will see... Hope its a good game. But I am pulling for Giddings on this one.

Old Tiger
11-28-2006, 05:40 PM
the under dog :)

JakefootballGOD
11-29-2006, 07:28 PM
gidding will win...closer than most think until the 3rd and then the running game takes over

49-14

neck_06
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
giddings by a bunch

buffpride
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
No game is a given in the playoffs. Every week each team comes into that particular game with a 0-0 record. Season standings mean nothing at this point. The team with the, 1, on the wrong side gets out the basketballs and can say that they had a great year.

GO BUFFS!!!!
WAO

Darren
11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I noticed in the GTN (Giddings Times and News) today that Brock played int he secondary last week to help prevent the big play. I wonder if he will be doing that again this week or if it was only because of Earl Thomas. Wonder if that tired him out a bit on Offense since he hasn't done that all year.

By the way who did they sit on Defense so that he could start..?

yoemenkracker30
11-30-2006, 11:49 AM
i wouldn't think brock is going to be needed for that kind of roll this week, la vega runs more of a wing t and jumps into the gun everynow and then, doesn't throw much but when they do it is effective...i look for giddings to crowd the box and it to be a very physical game....probably gonna be a quick one too since they both run run run

buffpride
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I noticed in the GTN (Giddings Times and News) today that Brock played int he secondary last week to help prevent the big play. I wonder if he will be doing that again this week or if it was only because of Earl Thomas. Wonder if that tired him out a bit on Offense since he hasn't done that all year.

He replaced #8 who was ejected. Don't expect to see him back there much if any at all, although he was very effective.

Bearkat
11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I think Giddings will win. They should be playing Cuero, in a couple of weeks, for a chance to go to the State Championship.

UTatx
11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Yep im goin with giddings too...i would love to see cuero vs. giddings

buffalo booster
11-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Giddings, 42-14. We'd like the opportunity to play Cuero, but we've got two games to win in order to get there. I don't believe that we've had the chance to play the Gobblers since our loss to Cuero in the Alamodome a few years ago...

buff4life
11-30-2006, 05:18 PM

he played in #8 spot becuase he got kicked out of the game....he went in once...besides that on defense

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Waco La Vega is a very good team (i believe they won their district over Robinson, but i could be wrong), although should win this game, but it maybe a lot closer than expected. Giddings vs. Cuero is the dream matchup, with both teams being very similar and strong defensively.

tigerpride_08
11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
i don't know enough about Waco Lavega to go against Giddings...so im picking the Buffs...

Eagles52
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM

If he is able to go to a Division One College, then he'll likely get very used to a role in the secondary (and besides being short, he's got a great skill set for it). I'd also expect him to be a good punt/kick returner.

gobbler grad
11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Giddings by a bunch...:clap:

JR2004
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i don't know enough about Waco Lavega to go against Giddings...so im picking the Buffs...

Well as long as Willie Williams is the head coach then I know at least one thing they'll be doing. They're gonna run the football and try and beat you into submission with the John Tyler Sweep. I have heard, however, that they throw the ball more now down there in Bellmead since they brought in an offensive assistant from China Spring.

I remember broadcasting a game a few years ago though where they started on their opponent's 33 yard line and still found a way to take 7-8 minutes off the game clock before they scored a touchdown.

Eagles52
11-30-2006, 11:38 PM
So what style of offense does LaVega run and what style of defense?

Swarm 51
12-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Giddings may beat La Vega, but the Pirates have learned how to win and not give up if the scoreboard is not in their favor . They are big, fast, have speed to burn and are very well coached on both sides of the ball. Should be a good game.

c-town_balla
12-01-2006, 09:26 AM
they run a Wing-T and run the tunnel out of that or they go Shotgun on Defence they run a 3-4 and there two Middle LBs are the fastest I have ever seen and #11 seems to kill without remorse on the football field

JR2004
12-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
they run a Wing-T and run the tunnel out of that or they go Shotgun on Defence they run a 3-4 and there two Middle LBs are the fastest I have ever seen and #11 seems to kill without remorse on the football field

Does LaVega have anyone with the last name Rhodes playing for them this season? I think they've had a Rhodes on the team just about every single year going back to at least when Arthur Rhodes (Long-time relief pitcher in the majors) went to school there. The last Rhodes I saw was that linebacker (David Rhodes maybe?) from three years ago that injured a Gatesville player each year for three straight years. (None were dirty plays. The kid just hit very, very hard.)