PDA

View Full Version : The only thing that actually matters in UT/ A&M

carter08
11-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Aggies 12 Texas 7

You can talk all about the past 6 years and 30 years and blah like that, but it boils down to one simple thing. This group of Aggies beat this group of Longhorns and prevented Texas from making a BCS game. The past means nothing. All that matters is who wins the game. Once next season starts there will be new players and there will be a clean slate.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
For you only thing that matter is spelling actually wrong...:P just picking

KTJ
11-27-2006, 04:49 PM
A&M didn't prevent Texas from being in a BCS game.

Texas prevented Texas from being in a BCS championship game.

That game was last week. Time to shift focus...

g$$
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, & basketball season favors A&M in both men & women too.

Typical Longhorn: never gives the other team credit & makes excuses. Texas lost to A&M, not to Texas buddy. Just par for the course, & expected.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Typical Longhorn: never gives the other team credit & makes excuses. Texas lost to A&M, not to Texas buddy. Just par for the course, & expected.

I give the AGS all the credit in the world..but the truth is..Texas wins against KState the A&M game is for pride only

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
another typical sip reply...

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/1001639ud2.jpg

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Typical Longhorn: never gives the other team credit & makes excuses. Texas lost to A&M, not to Texas buddy. Just par for the course, & expected. yup...I was getting ready to point that out, but you beat me to it "Texas beat Texas" :rolleyes:

KTJ
11-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Holy crap.

When did I NOT give A&M credit? I just said Texas lost the game because of themselves.

Wow. Talk about manipulation...

Torbush.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
another typical sip reply...

I love it..I give all the credit to A&M for the win, I have NEVER said anything other than I want Texas to win..and I get that response

YES A&M BEAT TEXAS..NO IF ANDS OR BUTS.

the simple truth is Texas had TWO chances to win Big 12 south and did not. A&M was a part of that, NOT the whole reason Texas lost the Big 12 south title

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
reply wasnt to you broadcaster, there are others who post messeges on this htread, don't get your feewings hurt....

like she did

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/258928245045.jpg

KTJ
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Should I say this is a typical Agricultural reply?

We beat you...nannana Boo boo! And we'll beat you again in something!

:D

KTJ
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
reply wasnt to you broadcaster, there are others who post messeges on this htread, don't get your feewings hurt....

like she did

I assume that was directed at me, which is fine.

I never said I didn't give A&M credit. Go back and re-read that.

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM

like she did

ROFL! :doh: She could have just lost like her tution money or something.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
a loss is a loss, and a win is a win, some just matter more then others...

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
At least this doesn't happen too often when UT plays the Aggies. :)

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

No, it means basketball season favors the Aggies in both men & women. It could get ugly too.

BTW, my major was not in any way, shape, or form in Agriculture. Typical sip reply. What is next "aggy" & "whorns" & all that childish crap?

You are smarter than that KTJ.

And A&M beat Texas. That is where you fail to give proper credit. Texas did not beat Texas. Scoreboard is the only thing that matters anyway. Let's see: Texas had season-low 230 yds., A&M torched the #1 ranked rush defense for 244 yds., & A&M was 10/16 on 3rd downs. Yes, that is getting beat fella.

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

:D well why not? its the other way around when UT wins...correction...its "oh, this win was no big deal..our REAL rival is OU....we ALWAYS beat A&M" wasnt that you that said that? so yeah, when the UT fans constantly like rub it in year after year....when we DO win one....we're gonna let yall know. Its part of a rivalry, deal w/ it. You are one of the BIGGEST advocates of letting A&M fans know UT has had a better team than A&M more times than not over the last several years. I'm sure if UT wins next year...youll do your share of rubbing it in and pointing out A&M fans who make excuses as to why A&M lost. OR...prove me wrong, and just give credit where its due until next year.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:13 PM
phil, i respect you more then to come back and show some other pics, you have showed you have a vast knowledge of the game and sports in general..... don't start me on this.

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
At least this doesn't happen too often when UT plays the Aggies. :)

Phil, you are not yourself today. I think the outcome affected you more than I thought. Seems to me A&M is holding their own in the Lone Star Showdown this year, tied right? Basketball to come? Might want to hold that statement back for now.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
funny how tu's rival is OU but then you read somehting like this....

Found this from a group on facebook titled:
An Open Letter to Aggies

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A&M, we're tired. You're whole act is old. Soldiers, "tradition", maroon, hatred, and oh yeah, hillbillies. You're an embarrassment to academia, college football, and the great state of Texas.

A school where you get kissed after touchdowns must be full of nerds. You need the football team to help you out with the ladies? Really? Oh, that's right. It's only when your sexual organs are shoved halfway inside barnyard animals. Hate to tell you guys, but real "soliders" don't march around saying howdy to every co-ed that still has left-over grease on her face from the previous night of binge-eating at the Dixie Chicken.

Boy, they sure are eloquent too. Whoop? As in Whoop--there it is? Now you've got to be kidding me. That must be why they have to have yell practice.

This group isn't just for Texas fans or Aggie haters(wouldn't that be everyone?). It's for anyone and everyone who's ever looked at an Aggie and felt pity. Pure, unadulterated pity for all the potential gone down the drain at a place of higher edumacation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it that they got so pissed off.

Gig'em

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Phil, you are not yourself today. I think the outcome affected you more than I thought. Seems to me A&M is holding their own in the Lone Star Showdown this year, tied right? Basketball to come? Might want to hold that statement back for now.

Come on g! Look at the results of the Lone Star Showdown in the past two years. All I said was it doesn't happen very often. Yes it is tied right now and promises to be much closer than the past two years.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
You mean the contest for this trophy?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/promo-cstv-06texas.jpg

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Come on g! Look at the results of the Lone Star Showdown in the past two years. All I said was it doesn't happen very often. Yes it is tied right now and promises to be much closer than the past two years.

LIke I said, you are not yourself today. I know the results of previous years. I also know A&M's athletic program is stronger as a whole too. Football has been down while others are on the rise. See what happens - but A&M has a real chance this year in multiple sports. Much better across the board & you know it.

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:23 PM

This is how aggies have looked the the prior six years after playing A&M. And notice I didn't print this picture till Funk printed his. Nothing wrong with the Lone Star cup picture though.

I deleted the picture. I just couldn't leave it on here even though it was probably justified. Apologies to the Aggies that it may have offended.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
what's with the red X? Here are some of the excuses I have come across today, why o' why are there so many???? Like I said a loss is a loss and a win is a win? Phil my picture was simply a question to your statement all is required was a yes or no. No harm intended.

1) "The refs cost us the game!"
**A&M had 10 penalties for 91 yards. t.u. had 3 for 26.

2)"You guys are dirty and didnt deserve to win!"
**Texas was called for chop blocking on two different occassions. Even IF you accept that Heards hit was intentionally dirty, t.u. wasn't playing clean by any means

3)"If McCoy had been 100% we would have rolled you!"
**Mack said before the game he was 100%. Why would he have played him if he wasn't? P.S. Colt doesn't play defense.

4)And my favorite:
"That second hit from Bennett was dirty. You guys knew he was hurt and hitting him like that was just ugly"
**It was clean hit as there was no flag thrown. It was the same hit that the sips put on Colorado's QB in the Big XII Champ game last year.......why was it a good hit then, but not now

SpreadtheRed
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$

In that case, A&M lost to a 7-5 Tech team

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
funny how tu's rival is OU but then you read somehting like this....

Found this from a group on facebook titled:
An Open Letter to Aggies

quote:
A&M, we're tired. You're whole act is old. Soldiers, "tradition", maroon, hatred, and oh yeah, hillbillies. You're an embarrassment to academia, college football, and the great state of Texas.

A school where you get kissed after touchdowns must be full of nerds. You need the football team to help you out with the ladies? Really? Oh, that's right. It's only when your sexual organs are shoved halfway inside barnyard animals. Hate to tell you guys, but real "soliders" don't march around saying howdy to every co-ed that still has left-over grease on her face from the previous night of binge-eating at the Dixie Chicken.

Boy, they sure are eloquent too. Whoop? As in Whoop--there it is? Now you've got to be kidding me. That must be why they have to have yell practice.

This group isn't just for Texas fans or Aggie haters(wouldn't that be everyone?). It's for anyone and everyone who's ever looked at an Aggie and felt pity. Pure, unadulterated pity for all the potential gone down the drain at a place of higher edumacation.

I love it that they got so pissed off.

Gig'em typical lefty hippy propaganda that you'd expect out of Austin....talking disrespectfully of soldiers and traditions.....the basis of what this entire country is founded and built upon.....and THIS my friends is exactly why I am an Aggie and not a Longhorn. As a veteran myself...stuff like that offends me and is a real slap in the face....the mindset in Austin is not one of which I tend to agree with very much. Now I know there are going to be people who say "thats not ALL UT fans" no..youre right...but its the majority.

Gig'em, WHOOP!! gimme a kiss after the TD, etc. If that makes me an "embarrassment, or a hillbilly, or a nerd" then, I guess I know my place...but I'm proud and thats that.

GO AGS!

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
what's with the red X? Here are some of the excuses I have come across today, why o' why are there so many???? Like I said a loss is a loss and a win is a win? Phil my picture was simply a question to your statement all is required was a yes or no. No harm intended.

**Texas was called for chop blocking on two different occassions. Even IF you accept that Heards hit was intentionally dirty, t.u. wasn't playing clean by any means

**Mack said before the game he was 100%. Why would he have played him if he wasn't? P.S. Colt doesn't play defense.

4)And my favorite:
"That second hit from Bennett was dirty. You guys knew he was hurt and hitting him like that was just ugly"
**It was clean hit as there was no flag thrown. It was the same hit that the sips put on Colorado's QB in the Big XII Champ game last year.......why was it a good hit then, but not now

Great post & right on point. Sleep it off Phil, don't stoop to the levels of others. You are not yourself today at all.

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Go Horns! Last six years UT 6 A&M 1.

:)

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Go Horns! Last six years UT 6 A&M 1.

:) LOL, wow (shakes head)

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
so u wanna play like that, the cup pic is one thing, the aggie pic is a whole other thing.....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/j-train.gif

g$$
My goodness, Phil, was your trip that bad?

Last 30 years = 15 wins each

And yes, I know the all-time too.

Phil C
Well would you belive 7?

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
My goodness, Phil, was your trip that bad?

Last 30 years = 15 wins each

And yes, I know the all-time too.

What is the all-time?

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
In that case, A&M lost to a 7-5 Tech team

So? I never made excuses anyway. Texas lost to a mediocre K-State team (7-5) too. Did you have a point?

gobble_up03
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
why is there so much to-do about a FACEBOOK group?!?!?! does anyone really take facebook groups seriously??? i mean really??? there's a facebook group that says "i'm destined to be an old cat lady" should i take that seriously??? idk.....

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
What is the all-time?

I am not falling for that garbage. I have posted it elsewhere & you know it anyway.

I hope you feel better tomorrow & become your classy self again.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Offensive Pass Interference on the offense, 15 yard penalty, repeat the down......

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/pi.gif

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am not falling for that garbage. I have posted it elsewhere & you know it anyway.

I hope you feel better tomorrow & become your classy self again.

When was I not classy and where I have not been myself? This is asked of Ad and Bull if and when they read this.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
phil is as classy as they get....

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
The only thing I don't like about the State Farm Showdown cup is that in case of tie at the end of the year the Final Cup is awarded to the prior winner. I would rather in case of a tie that it be awarded to whoever won the football game since it is the most popular of the sports. This year in case of a tie A&M would win the cup. That would be ok with me since they won the football game.

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Offensive Pass Interference on the offense, 15 yard penalty, repeat the down......

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/pi.gif

That is a good point especially when it was that type of play that went our way against Kansas two years ago and enabled us to win that game.

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
When was I not classy and where I have not been myself? This is asked of Ad and Bull if and when they read this.

Yes, Phil is classy. But today he is stooping down & his overall tone & tenor is one of anger & frustration. Bringing up the past 6 years, all-time, how Aggies usually feel, etc. He knows those answers as do I.

Bad day at work it seems to me. I hope tomorrow is better.

No hard feelings on my end.

g$$
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
That is a good point especially when it was that type of play that went our way against Kansas two years ago and enabled us to win that game.

Now he is back!

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I agree i can feel the hatred in his words, he has made comments that do not typically sound like he would beforehand. Phil, you are admired on this forum..... don't stoop and give into to those harsh feelings. You are better the that.

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Now he is back!

And I deleted my picture too.

It was a great game by two good teams. It was the Aggies day is all. Just like last year when we got that td on the blocked punt. It made a big difference. That's football though.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
There is the Phil I know! Now come here and let me do this..( grabs phil in a headlock ad gives him a nuggie!) Welcome back phil!

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
There is the Phil I know! Now come here and let me do this..( grabs phil in a headlock ad gives him a nuggie!) Welcome back phil!

Thank you Funk!

Still: Hook 'em Horns! :)

Phil C
11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
There is no need for Horns and Aggie fans to keep repeating the arguments or whatever. The game is over and it is time to move on. Remember both teams now have important bowl games and the Big 12 needs to have all the teams do well. Good luck to all the teams.

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Point and Case! BIG 12 rox!

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
what time does the hands on the clock in my signature say? Just for fun!

awizzy
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
6:48?

g$$
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
12 of 7...!

carter08
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Blah Blah Blah
Again I repeat
12-7
That is all that matters to these teams right now, not the 30 year record. These kids were not alive 30 years ago

g$$
11-27-2006, 06:24 PM
But I was (barely)!

awizzy
11-27-2006, 06:25 PM
ohhh i finally get 12 til 7...wow i am smart

carter08
Originally posted by g$$
But I was (barely)!

Are you currently playing on the team. No.
Just worry about one thing
Next year

For Now...

12-7

KTJ

4)And my favorite:

I never used any of those excuses.

My excuse was "Greg Davis is back to his old self again."

KTJ
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, it means basketball season favors the Aggies in both men & women. It could get ugly too.

BTW, my major was not in any way, shape, or form in Agriculture. Typical sip reply. What is next "aggy" & "whorns" & all that childish crap?

You are smarter than that KTJ.

And A&M beat Texas. That is where you fail to give proper credit. Texas did not beat Texas. Scoreboard is the only thing that matters anyway. Let's see: Texas had season-low 230 yds., A&M torched the #1 ranked rush defense for 244 yds., & A&M was 10/16 on 3rd downs. Yes, that is getting beat fella.

Once again, I never failed to not give A&M credit. I've given them all the credit in the world since the cannon blew.

And once again, this website pits me as the bad guy in this situation when all I'm doing is sticking up for my alma mater.

A&M should start worrying about Tech now. That 3-9 record over the last 12 years doesn't look so hot.

wedo
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM

This right here is the beauty of this rivalry! A&M win they Rub it in Texas face and vise versa! To me it really is! Congrats A&M really, no hard feeling from me! I hate to see Texas fall like they have the past two games but its in the past. I hope Texas matches up against a tuff Cal. team and beats them, then they will go out on a high note come back and have a great season next year!

Where is A&M's trophy? The one that has the Crystal FootBall

bandera7
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
ha I love this rivalry...I pull for A&M, but when Texas is playing a non texas team other than ND, I pull for them. You gotta love the emotion running this game. And I agree, once somebody wins, it should be rubbed in. That is all part of the fun.

Pmoney
11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
"**It was clean hit as there was no flag thrown. It was the same hit that the sips put on Colorado's QB in the Big XII Champ game last year.......why was it a good hit then, but not now
i am just wondering where did the Aggies get the name tea sips?...honestly as a longhorn fan being called that doesnt bother me if that is the best name yall got i still would rather be called tea sipper than an aggie:D

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Once again, I never failed to not give A&M credit. I've given them all the credit in the world since the cannon blew.

And once again, this website pits me as the bad guy in this situation when all I'm doing is sticking up for my alma mater.

A&M should start worrying about Tech now. That 3-9 record over the last 12 years doesn't look so hot.

You are right - A&M must win some games & get over the hump. Body of work is what matters to me, not 1 big win. Sustain it & win some meaningful ballgames.

Fran has his chance to win back the faithful with a bowl win, good recruiting class, & then carry that into next year. I am still not a fan of Fran but the time to do something is now. I have given him 4 years.

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i am just wondering where did the Aggies get the name tea sips?...honestly as a longhorn fan being called that doesnt bother me if that is the best name yall got i still would rather be called tea sipper than an aggie:D

To ask that tells me you never attended either school.

Going way back, Aggies were the good ol' boys, liked to drink beer & have a good time. More common folk, more genuine.

Longhorns were high & mighty type, rather sip tea & act like they are better than you. Haughty, high-fallutin' type.

Obviously, these stereotypes do not always apply. But this was the origin of many of the nicknames & stereotypes from the early years.

Or just buy a t-shirt & root for one of them I guess!

Pmoney
11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Going way back, Aggies were the good ol' boys, liked to drink beer & have a good time. More common folk, more genuine.

Longhorns were high & mighty type, rather sip tea & act like they are better than you. Haughty, high-fallutin' type.

Obviously, these stereotypes do not always apply. But this was the origin of many of the nicknames & stereotypes from the early years.

well your right about me not attending either school because i am still in high school but i am trying to get into UT...and thanks for answering my question

piratebg
11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I had always wondered about this. Thanks for the info. I did not get to watch the game and chose not to read about it or view the hilights. I heard that there was a lot of hard hitting on both sides though.

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
well your right about me not attending either school because i am still in high school but i am trying to get into UT...and thanks for answering my question

Sure, good luck to both of you.

Pmoney
11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sure, good luck to both of you.
both???

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I was referring to both you & Piratebg. My fault on that buddy.

Pmoney
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sorry, I was referring to both you & Piratebg. My fault on that buddy.
o its ok i was like wait a minute what is trying to say?

spiveyrat
11-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I did not know that. So, UT is more wine and cheese and A&M is more beer and barbque.(?)