PDA

View Full Version : Can we get over the stupid semantics of when the modern era of college football began

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Sorry but the argument is REALLY dumb. College football series PRIDE themselves on how long teams have been playing. You dont see series Records with a * stating, the modern era, or the stone age era and what not.

Want to add..You can take a 100 year series and cut it up anyway you want to make either team look great...It is the TOTAL number that means the most IMO

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
That's what I'm screaming. We are in the MIDDLE of HS FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS!!! :mad: :mad:

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That's what I'm screaming. We are in the MIDDLE of HS FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS!!! :mad: :mad: Some of us are. :( :( :doh:

carter08
11-27-2006, 04:28 PM
3A Football Discussion (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3)

College Football is not 3A Football

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
evidently I'm glad I haven't opened that thread:D

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Some of us are. :( :( :doh: Well hell SInton is out too, but I'm still going to games!! Cheer up JD - Jasper will rebound soon!! You can never keep programs like ours down for long!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KTJ
11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
^^^^

What happened to yall? (this message is for lostaussie)

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
^^^^

What happened to yall? (this message is for lostaussie) got beat. nothing else to say. I'd like to say it was the refs fault, but hey, one of them works for me.............still:D

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
got beat. nothing else to say. I'd like to say it was the refs fault, but hey, one of them works for me.............still:D ROFL!! It was nice talking to you again. :inlove: :D

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL!! It was nice talking to you again. :inlove: :D :o:inlove:

g$$
11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
"This thread was not intended to start controversy. I was simply stating #s from the modern era. And also why I still say the A&M game is Texas' biggest rival. Young fans just think OU is due to recent records. My 2 cents anyway." --posted by g$$ on 11-24-06

Plus, don't open it if you don't care for the topic.

Called free speech right?

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I never said your thread was to start anything, i was talking about how everyone has their two cents on when modern era began

Also you keep saying YOUNG fans think OU is bigger rivalry..Why? Not every young fan thinks that, nor do OLD fans think A&M is the biggest My late Grandfather in law use to say I can except losing to A&M, but a loss to OU makes me wanna throw up....also WHO CARES..UT considers BOTH a rival.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I never said your thread was to start anything, i was talking about how everyone has their two cents on when modern era began

Also you keep saying YOUNG fans think OU is bigger rivalry..Why? Not every young fan thinks that, nor do OLD fans think A&M is the biggest My late Grandfather in law use to say I can except losing to A&M, but a loss to OU makes me wanna throw up....also WHO CARES..UT considers BOTH a rival.

WHOAAA, calm down dude...

Save it for the radio :D

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:49 PM
LOL calm down? Man i am chillin like a villain

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 04:51 PM
LOL calm down? Man i am chillin like a villain

okay, just checkin'...

carter08
11-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Are you gellin'?

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Are you gellin'?

LOL like a felon

g$$
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM

Your opinion, good deal. I think your relative "accepted" the loss too, not as an "exception".

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Your opinion, good deal. I think your relative "accepted" the loss too, not as an "exception".

Well seeing as he is dead..hence the late part..I dont think he cares much about it LOL.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Well seeing as he is dead..hence the late part..I dont think he cares much about it LOL.

I'm pretty sure he stuck some rat poisoning in the late Reveille's dog bowl...

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm pretty sure he stuck some rat poisoning in the late Reveille's dog bowl...

He was an mean old man so I would not put it past him LOL