PDA

View Full Version : Celina

KTJ
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Easier playoff opponents this time around in 3A?

Better athletes?

Better coaching?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Easier playoff opponents this time around in 3A?

Better athletes?

Better coaching?

better recruiting coordinator...

jk btw

Fletch
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't know about the opposition, but I thought that last years team was better than this years. But after Friday night, I think the O-line may be better. Last year's backfield; Tune, Torbert, Hall, and Kessler were better. This year we have 2 sophs and 2 juniors starting. They are getting better each week.

Should be tougher competition down the road.

DragonEagle01
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Celina is a good team they are playing a pretty good team this weekend that should not be overlooked.

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Don't know about the opposition, but I thought that last years team was better than this years. But after Friday night, I think the O-line may be better. Last year's backfield; Tune, Torbert, Hall, and Kessler were better. This year we have 2 sophs and 2 juniors starting. They are getting better each week.

Should be tougher competition down the road.

The skill players definitely aren't what there were last year is the consensus that I got from my buddies in Celina...and after watching them on Friday I agree. That being said...they are still fundamentally strong as an offensive unit and that can carry them a long way.

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 04:13 PM
better recruiting coordinator...
And this from Cuero??????? :D

I gotta agree with Fletch, the O-line and the 2 sophomore backs have improved each week. With the loss of senior Kessler against Robinson to knee surgery these 2 young men have stepped up to the plate. Both play with a tremendous amount of heart. No matter how much heart they have, they couldn't do anything without good blocking. They play as a team.

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
in my opinion, the weakest 3A football in the state is played in and around the metroplex, especially north.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And this from Cuero??????? :D

the names recruit for themselves :D

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
in my opinion, the weakest 3A football in the state is played in and around the metroplex, especially north.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and one of these http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 04:28 PM
hope that wasn't for me...

I am saying IF Cuero and Celina get good athletes from other towns, it's not because they recruit, it's because players want to go to where they can win... if a kid has to relocate etc..., it's easier to pick your Cuero's or Celina's over programs that are below .500 all of the time...

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hope that wasn't for me...

I am saying IF Cuero and Celina get good recruits, it's not because they recruit, it's because players want to go to where they can win... if a kid has to relocate etc..., it's easier to pick your Cuero's or Celina's over programs that are below .500 all of the time... thats what I been screaming all year:doh:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thats what I been screaming all year:doh:

And I did point that out in Gilmer's case a few times as well... I did not believe Gilmer recruited Jr

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
I fixed it and yes you are right. I could have moved to a different school system, but why would I. My son loves it her. I love it here. If I was to be forced to relocate to the Victoria area, my first choice would be Cuero. Why.........tradition.