PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Divion 1

nexfan
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Quick question to all the Region 1 folks! How is there a 5-7 team (Andrews) still in the playoffs? Is that showing the strentgh or lack there of right now in that region or did they just get some favorable matchups? Does anyone see them advancing to the Semi's?

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Quick question to all the Region 1 folks! How is there a 5-7 team (Andrews) still in the playoffs? Is that showing the strentgh or lack there of right now in that region or did they just get some favorable matchups? Does anyone see them advancing to the Semi's? Simple my friend simple. It's region I. ;)

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Some teams turn it on later in the season, as did the Roughnecks...

Funk-d-fied
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
they have a good passing game, tons of screens and curls, they have a reciever #5 who is an athlete and can catch the ball and tackle on defense. They had favorable matchups but Canyon might just be too good.

nexfan
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Some teams turn it on later in the season, as did the Roughnecks...

I know its high school but 3-7 is a far cry from 6-4. Plus Jared Flannel is just that good and as important to his team as anyone player in the state of Texas. p.s. Good luck with Wimberley this weekend, gonna be a hell of a game!!!

DukeNukem
11-27-2006, 03:59 PM
andrews received the benefit of being in division 1 and on the weak side of the brackett. canyon, decatur, and wylie were on on the other side. andrews is horrible and is just one of those that got to reap the benefits of the uil two division, 3 teams going bs. other than stockton who was not very good at all, andrews still has not beat anyone with a winning record.

Da Mules
11-27-2006, 09:14 PM
look at the brackets... that side of Region 1 has to be one of the very weakest lineups you've ever seen. Ft Stockton got a bye, and barely made it to round 2 :devil: meanwhile, some pretty good teams got knocked off in the early going. No, there is no Andrews Cinderella team this year... but if there actually were one, the Canyon Iggles are going to turn their coach back into a pumpkin this weekend, and put them in the gym next Monday morning

bandera7
11-27-2006, 09:16 PM
well records arent always accurate...but from what I understand this one is. Lucky draws I guess. Still, they beat two teams so far...so you have to give them some credit.

GWOOD
11-27-2006, 11:11 PM
1st Round was

Andrews 3-7 vs. Levelland 2-8