PDA

View Full Version : I don't know who UT plays next year on their first game

Phil C
11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
but that is going to be a brutal schedule indeed. Much tougher than the Aggies once again. :(

More analysis later when schedule is complete for both schools.

TMer25
11-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
but that is going to be a brutal schedule indeed. Much tougher than the Aggies once again. :(

The slot for the opener hasn't been filled, but so far they go to Central Florida who is opening a new stadium that day, and they host Rice. Those are the only 2 non conference games scheduled so far.

kepdawg
11-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
The slot for the opener hasn't been filled, but so far they go to Central Florida who is opening a new stadium that day, and they host Rice. Those are the only 2 non conference games scheduled so far.

I thought TCU was on the schedule next year.

TMer25
11-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought TCU was on the schedule next year.

Forgot about that one. Thanks for catching that. They do come to Austin the second week of the season.

kaorder1999
11-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Date Time TV Team
09/08 Texas Christian
09/15 at Central Florida
09/22 Rice
09/29 Kansas State
10/06 Oklahoma (at The Cotton Bowl)
10/13 at Iowa State
10/20 at Baylor
10/27 Nebraska
11/03 at Oklahoma State
11/10 Texas Tech
11/23 2:30p ABC at Texas A&M

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
They better watch out for Rice next year!

Phil C
11-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
They better watch out for Rice next year!

Indeed yes. But the first game on Sept 1 hasn't been announced so I am waiting for that before I give an indept analysis.

Do you know what the Aggie's schedule is next year?

mwynn05
11-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Indeed yes. But the first game on Sept 1 hasn't been announced so I am waiting for that before I give an indept analysis.

Do you know what the Aggie's schedule is next year? It's going to be a gimmie game phil no point in waiting on it

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 12:53 PM

Do you know what the Aggie's schedule is next year? I sure don't Phil, to be honest, I haven't even looked at it for next year yet. If I remember correctly...it DOES include Army again...but I'm not positive.

coach
11-27-2006, 01:45 PM

maybe they should try to do what a$m did after the ags did beat them

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I heard USC is open the first weekend too ;)

g$$
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Phil, I would say A&M's schedule is tougher next year when you consider the road schedule.

A&M goes to Miami (still have athletes), Mizzou, OU, Tech, & Nebraska.

I think A&M's is much tougher. TCU does play Texas in Austin.

Phil C
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Phil, I would say A&M's schedule is tougher next year when you consider the road schedule.

A&M goes to Miami (still have athletes), Mizzou, OU, Tech, & Nebraska.

I think A&M's is much tougher. TCU does play Texas in Austin.

No problem g. A&M showed last Friday that road games don't effect them. Miami will be replacing their coach so that should be no problem. Aggies should beat Mizzou. OU will be replacing their qb and may be even AP, Tech shouldn't be a problem for you, and Nebraska will be overconfident and ready for you to beat them.

KL3
11-28-2006, 06:59 PM
No doubt the A&M schedule is tougher.

vet93
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Is "indept" a cross between an inept and in-depth analysis?;)

Do you know what the Aggie's schedule is next year?

wedo
11-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I like that schedule for Texas, TCU and C.florida will bee tough games but Texas "should" take the non conf. undefeated. And look for them to take it to K-State in Austin!

Matthew328
11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
They should beat TCU but the Froggies will play em tough...TCU is a quiet 9-2 this year...

Phil C
11-29-2006, 09:08 AM
We have to remember though that next year Texas will be a team of young, inexperienced players. Remember we are losing lots of good seniors this year plus some of the juniors may turn pro. Even Colt may turn pro next year. So with all of the young players we will have that is indeed a tough schedule. Probably the toughest in the country.

vet93
11-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Phil...I really don't think that Colt will turn pro next year. He is a great quarterback but I think that he will stay to at least his junior year...he is much more like a Major Applewhite than a Vince Young in both talent and temperament.

We have to remember though that next year Texas will be a team of young, inexperienced players. Remember we are losing lots of good seniors this year plus some of the juniors may turn pro. Even Colt may turn pro next year. So with all of the young players we will have that is indeed a tough schedule. Probably the toughest in the country.

g$$
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Phil...I really don't think that Colt will turn pro next year. He is a great quarterback but I think that he will stay to at least his junior year...he is much more like a Major Applewhite than a Vince Young in both talent and temperament.

Colt McCoy has done well & like the kid. However, IMO he will turn pro only after his eligibility is exhausted, & that may be as a free agent. Arm strength is a question mark (even when healthy).

Time will tell...

KTJ
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't see McCoy has a QB you'll see playing on Sundays. I may re-evaluate that opinion after next season though.

And Arkansas State is the game I'm hearing that will be our first game. If I hear anything else, I'll PM you.

Phil C
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't see McCoy has a QB you'll see playing on Sundays. I may re-evaluate that opinion after next season though.

And Arkansas State is the game I'm hearing that will be our first game. If I hear anything else, I'll PM you.

Thank you KTJ.