PDA

View Full Version : At Least...

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
...VY was able to pull off a victory this weekend!

- 2006 bonghorns: defending national chumps!

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 09:48 AM
remind me when you won a national championship again??? :thinking: :rolleyes:

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
VY won the national championship...w/o VY it's mediocrity at best.

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

Don't dodge the questions...

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
remind me when you won a national championship again??? :thinking: :rolleyes:

I've never personally won a National Championship...have you?

Ranger Mom
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
YEP!! It's Monday!!:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
I've never personally won a National Championship...have you?

no...but I don't go around openly criticizing those who have either. Maybe you should learn to give credit where credit is due...especially when you haven't acheived that level of success.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 09:58 AM

Sorry but that statement is becoming tiresome. If you honestly think that Texas won because of Vince Young and ONLY Vince Young, then you dont know a THING about football

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sorry but that statement is becoming tiresome. If you honestly think that Texas won because of Vince Young and ONLY Vince Young, then you dont know a THING about football

he's a lost cause to try and talk to...it's not worth it really!

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 09:59 AM

I have given credit where it was due.

Butkus
11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I have given credit where it was due. Why dont ya go built somethin construction boy.

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 10:14 AM

Football is the ultimate team sport...but Matt Nordgen leads 2005 bonghorns to NC? I don't think so.

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
...VY was able to pull off a victory this weekend!

- 2006 bonghorns: defending national chumps! Yep, vince blocked, kicked, and tackled everyone too. Good Lord do you not know how stupid this makes you sound?:rolleyes:

Butkus
11-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yep, vince blocked, kicked, and tackled everyone too. Good Lord do you not know how stupid this makes you sound?:rolleyes: Nope hes tha forrest gump poster child.:D

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Yep, vince blocked, kicked, and tackled everyone too. Good Lord do you not know how stupid this makes you sound?:rolleyes:

yeah, VY deep snapped, punted, threw passes, caught the passes, etc....if that's what you're interpreting, you have excrement for brains. Do you really think the bonghorns could've pulled off a NC w/ Matt Nordgen?

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 10:25 AM
THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHUMPS ONLY PUT UP 7 POINTS vs. THE TEXAS AGS....at DKR.

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 10:31 AM
yeah, VY deep snapped, punted, threw passes, caught the passes, etc....if that's what you're interpreting, you have excrement for brains. Do you really think the bonghorns could've pulled off a NC w/ Matt Nordgen? Do you really think that USC wins a NC without Bush? Do you really think that Ohio State is in the NC Championship game without Troy Smith? Of course not. Championship teams have great players. We got to watch one of the most exciting players in the "modern era" (for you G$$) and I enjoyed every minute of it. Vince was the leader of that team. BUT he was not the entire team.

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 01:19 PM
USC is a lot closer w/o Bush than bonghorns are w/o VY...Troy Smith at OSU has weapons all around him...the worst thing a defense could do last year against VY was cover his recievers.

Oh, and by the way, OSU will also be much closer to a repeat next year, w/o T.Smith, than bonghorns were this year.

Matt Nordgen brings home the crystal ball to the 40 acres.....HAHA!!! That's comedy, right there!

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
USC is a lot closer w/o Bush than bonghorns are w/o VY...Troy Smith at OSU has weapons all around him...the worst thing a defense could do last year against VY was cover his recievers.

Oh, and by the way, OSU will also be much closer to a repeat next year, w/o T.Smith, than bonghorns were this year.

Matt Nordgen brings home the crystal ball to the 40 acres.....HAHA!!! That's comedy, right there!

So Troy Smith has all the weapons around him..But Vince Young had no weapons last year? I know your having fun with the digs, but I hope your not really buying into what your saying.

Would Matt had led Texas to the NC..not a chance...But Vince Young would not have leds Texas to the NC without Huff the THORPE winner in the secondary, the bevy of WR and TE Thomas..that massive OL that allowed NO SACKS in the NC game.

Vince Young was the catalyst, but to say he was the ONLY reason is just downright crazy

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Do you really think that USC wins a NC without Bush? Do you really think that Ohio State is in the NC Championship game without Troy Smith? Of course not. Championship teams have great players. We got to watch one of the most exciting players in the "modern era" (for you G$$) and I enjoyed every minute of it. Vince was the leader of that team. BUT he was not the entire team. no, but he WAS the difference maker, the catalyst.....that made a good team, a great team, and w/out him, they are back to where UT was previously for YEARS before VY....a good team.....correction...a VERY good team...but a good team that does not compete on the NC level.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
yeah, VY deep snapped, punted, threw passes, caught the passes, etc....if that's what you're interpreting, you have excrement for brains. Do you really think the bonghorns could've pulled off a NC w/ Matt Nordgen?

Hell no they wouldn't have won a NC with Matt Nordgen, and USC wouldn't have gotten to a BCS game with Matt Nordgen...

Vince Young had all of the blocking in the world on that last TD of last year's Nat'l Championship game, he's just knew what to do with the ball when he had chances...

And without the defense's 4th and 1 stand late in that game, VY and the Longhorn offense wouldn't have gotten the ball back to begin with...

It reminds me of those Rio Hondo fans after they lost to us... one mentioned that our RB made a nice move, kinda went airborn during a play to get more yardage etc... they said that's the only reason Cuero wins is because we do that...

well, isn't that what good teams do?

Oh yah that interception in the endzone by Griffin in the first half of last year was an amazing play as well, without that, USC probably adds another TD...

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Hell no they wouldn't have won a NC with Matt Nordgen, and USC wouldn't have gotten to a BCS game with Matt Nordgen...

OSU wouldn't get to the title game with Matt Nordgen... OSU/Michigan WHAT??? Had Matt Nordgen been the starting QB for both teams that game wouldn't have meant nothing but "Who improves to 5-6"

Louisville/WV, Louisville Rutgers??? Those were very big games, but let's face ot, those teams and that confrence wouldn't be talked so highly of these days if Matt Nordgen started for those teams...

Oklahoma? Mack Brown would have never faced critisism over losing to Oklahoma all those years if Matt Nordgen would have been the Sooner leader...

A&M? Beat UT with Nordgen???

Basically, if Nordgen was your starting QB, you'd have to have TWO 1,000 yard rushers in your backfield, a passing game based off nothing but tricks plays and a field-goal kicker who can split 'em from 60+ out...

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Sure, horns defense was good last year, and the offense had talent, but VY had as much to do with winning the NC than any individual ever could in a team sport. VY is "the man." I'm glad he decided to go after the money this year, the Ag/Horn smack talk would be reversed today, I wouldn't have seen him lead his team(once again) to a great victory yesterday, and ya'll would have another crystal ball. hope you enjoyed it.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Sure, horns defense was good last year, and the offense had talent, but VY had as much to do with winning the NC than any individual ever could in a team sport. VY is "the man." I'm glad he decided to go after the money this year, the Ag/Horn smack talk would be reversed, I wouldn't have seen him lead his team(once again) to a great victory, and ya'll would have another crystal ball. hope you enjoyed it.

enjoyed it very much thanks..and I hope the Ag fans enjoy the win this year

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
absolutely! it's no crystal ball, but it sure is nice! hopefully this may sway a couple of the Ags recruits to make Kyle Field their home field.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Sure, horns defense was good last year, and the offense had talent, but VY had as much to do with winning the NC than any individual ever could in a team sport. VY is "the man." I'm glad he decided to go after the money this year, the Ag/Horn smack talk would be reversed today, I wouldn't have seen him lead his team(once again) to a great victory yesterday, and ya'll would have another crystal ball. hope you enjoyed it.

You have to remember, Vince Young just made the spectacular plays, but his RB's were getting good yardage and first downs, his receivers were getting open and making great catches, his special teams was getting him good field-position as well as his defense... the offensive line bought him time to make great decisions...

But a part of the team is recruiting and coaching, I'd say the recruiting part went very well for UT when they got Young...

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
enjoyed it very much thanks..and I hope the Ag fans enjoy the win this year you know we are/will!! I think both of these teams will be great next year. UT will continue to be good while A&M is on the rise to possibly rival OU and UT for the Big 12 South next year. I could be dead wrong, but I dont think I am at this point. We'll just have to wait and see! Speaking of UT alum, how bout Applewhite and what he's done w/ Rice!

Butkus
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you know we are/will!! I think both of these teams will be great next year. UT will continue to be good while A&M is on the rise to possibly rival OU and UT for the Big 12 South next year. I could be dead wrong, but I dont think I am at this point. We'll just have to wait and see! Speaking of UT alum, how bout Applewhite and what he's done w/ Rice! But can they do it with ole Fran at tha helm.:thinking:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
absolutely! it's no crystal ball, but it sure is nice! hopefully this may sway a couple of the Ags recruits to make Kyle Field their home field.

I think the only recruits this game helped recruit are the ones looking to brawl... Heard just helped them recruit some 5 star thugs... Croker's out at Miami, those boys will be transferring over to college station pronto...

But congrats to my former teamate Cody Wallace on a fine game at center...

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
But can they do it with ole Fran at tha helm.:thinking: honestly...from what I've seen......no. I don't actually know if it is him that calls the offensive plays....but I went to a few of their games this year and watched the rest on TV...and the playcalling is suspect. I mean...it almost looked like sabotage at some points....example....OU/A&M...3 visits to red zone.....the result...2 field goals?!?! 2nd and goal and you call 2 pass plays in a row?!?! does that make sense when you got Lane on the sidelines??? It doesnt to me, as he had been running over OU all night long up until that point. Same story the very next week w/ the Neb. game......so...to answer your question...I don't think they can. Do they have the talent.....yes....do they have the coach.....no, I dont think so.

Butkus
11-27-2006, 01:51 PM
honestly...from what I've seen......no. I don't actually know if it is him that calls the offensive plays....but I went to a few of their games this year and watched the rest on TV...and the playcalling is suspect. I mean...it almost looked like sabotage at some points....example....OU/A&M...3 visits to red zone.....the result...2 field goals?!?! 2nd and goal and you call 2 pass plays in a row?!?! does that make sense when you got Lane on the sidelines??? It doesnt to me, as he had been running over OU all night long up until that point. Same story the very next week w/ the Neb. game......so...to answer your question...I don't think they can. Do they have the talent.....yes....do they have the coach.....no, I dont think so. No thars an honest man. Didja take notes ole dirt.:thinking:

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-27-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm not saying Vince won a NC on his own by any means but if he would have been playing for UT this year would they still be contending? I mean one player can make a huge difference, who is to say but he didn't win it on his own.

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Heard just helped them recruit some 5 star thugs...

It was a cheap shot, and uncalled for, but you'll find the 5 star thugs around the 40 acres, packing heat and pounds of marijuana. Fran gave a couple of projected starters the boot for burning a blunt...Mack gives them a school administered drug test and starts them the next week.

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 01:58 PM
It was a cheap shot, and uncalled for, but you'll find the 5 star thugs around the 40 acres, packing heat and pounds of marijuana. Fran gave a couple of projected starters the boot for burning a blunt...Mack gives them a school administered drug test and starts them the next week. Yep, that why Romance Taylor is not longer at UT.:doh:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm not saying Vince won a NC on his own by any means but if he would have been playing for UT this year would they still be contending? I mean one player can make a huge difference, who is to say but he didn't win it on his own.

I'd say they would be better contenders... Vince Young had started in that offense for Two seasons, he was automatic in it and the offense knew what he would do...

McCoy hadn't had as much experience running it, but other things fell apart as well...

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Yep, that why Romance Taylor is not longer at UT.:doh:

The offense would have been more explosive with him as well...

handNthedirt
Ramonce was released for his grades, nice try though. I thought you'd know a little more about "your team."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

I think that same group of players with a healthy Colt McCoy at the reigns would have won it. Or Matt Leinart, or Brady Quinn, or even Stephen McGee.

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
VY won the national championship...w/o VY it's mediocrity at best. 10 win seasons are mediocre?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Ramonce was released for his grades, nice try though. I thought you'd know a little more about "your team."

It wasn't because of the pound of marijuana police confiscated?:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that same group of players with a healthy Colt McCoy at the reigns would have won it. Or Matt Leinart, or Brady Quinn, or even Stephen McGee.

Or even Matt Nordgen haha...

way jk

I could see it working with McGee, this QB has balls, he's another reason I slightly like A&M, he's fun to watch, fearless, great athlete, just a great QB... the best thing to happen to A&M since Cody Wallace :p

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM

yes, it was...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Or even Matt Nordgen haha...

way jk

I could see it working with McGee, this QB has balls, he's another reason I slightly like A&M, he's fun to watch, fearless, great athlete, just a great QB... the best thing to happen to A&M since Cody Wallace :p
I hope that A&M will pick up Noack.

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM

I believe Ramonce (one brilliant kid) called the cops on the bullies at the party and got busted with pounds of weed a few days after getting released for his grades. kinda funny if you think about it...if a kid's struggling with grades, cut him...if he packs heat and drugs, start him. Terrel Brown is still on the team.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I hope that A&M will pick up Noack.

That'd be three Cuero players at A&M... y'all trying to make it that hard on me???

Stop it...

gobble_up03
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
when Ramonce was arrested for the marijuana he had already been off the team due to academic reasons, but this incident just helped to KEEP him off the team

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I believe Ramonce (one brilliant kid) called the cops on the bullies at the party and got busted with pounds of weed a few days after getting released for his grades. kinda funny if you think about it...if a kid's struggling with grades, cut him...if he packs heat and drugs, start him. Terrel Brown is still on the team. Since he was already off the team for academic reasons, should Texas have put him back on so that they could suspend him for drugs? That makes no sense at all.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I believe Ramonce (one brilliant kid) called the cops on the bullies at the party and got busted with pounds of weed a few days after getting released for his grades. kinda funny if you think about it...if a kid's struggling with grades, cut him...if he packs heat and drugs, start him. Terrel Brown is still on the team.

He may have been RELEASED for his grade... he was kicked off of the team for the drugs, meaning Mack wouldn't even let him play the next year...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:11 PM

This brings me to a joke, sort of...

Where do the Longhorn players go that don't get into the NFL?

handNthedirt
who wants a dumb thug?

JasperDog94
who wants a dumb thug? must resist.....must resist.....

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:12 PM

As far as we know, Terrel Brown was in the wrong place at the wrong time... I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time (right time for the popo's), I've just never been caught there...

I'm sure half the players on every team in the country are at the wrong place at the wrong time every now and again...

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
must resist.....must resist.....

go ahead, resist.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:14 PM
who wants a dumb thug?

Fran:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/8/80152m.JPG

handNthedirt
As far as we know, Terrel Brown was in the wrong place at the wrong time... I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time (right time for the popo's), I've just never been caught there...

I'm sure half the players on every team in the country are at the wrong place at the wrong time every now and again...

yeah, but when you were at the wrong place at the wrong time were you asleep with a glock on your lap and drugs in the car with you? if so, was it the same week you were about to line up against Ohio State?

JasperDog94
go ahead, nutless wonder, resist. You've just proven my points about class and integrity.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

O.J. DIDN'T DO IT. :mad: :mad: :mad:

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
You've just proven my points about class and integrity.

I care a lot.

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Fran:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/8/80152m.JPG lmao

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
yeah, but when you were at the wrong place at the wrong time were you asleep with a glock on your lap and drugs in the car with you? if so, was it the same week you were about to line up against Ohio State?

I've been in a 4 door chevy on a back road with alcohol and a loaded 243 in the cab the week Cuero played Wharton in the first round of the playoffs :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
O.J. DIDN'T DO IT. :mad: :mad: :mad:

haha

handNthedirt
11-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I've been in a 4 door chevy on a back road with alcohol and a loaded 243 in the cab the week Cuero played Wharton in the first round of the playoffs :confused:

the only ones in danger in that situation were you and whoever you were with, and whatever varmit you were after. big difference when discussing a dixieland delight and hustlin the product.

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I care a lot. You better care about the language you use or you'll find your posting priviliges removed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:21 PM
You better care about the language you use or you'll find your posting priviliges removed.

Don't moderate, appreciate. :D

(I'm just messing with you)

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Don't moderate, appreciate. :D

(I'm just messing with you) ;)

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
the only ones in danger in that situation were you and whoever you were with, and whatever varmit you were after. big difference when discussing a dixieland delight and hustlin the product.

Well someone is in danger regardless, correct? I could have been distributing the alcohol to minors, you never know...

the fact that the gun was registered is not being discussed?

most thugs just get it off of the streets...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Well someone is in danger regardless, correct? I could have been distributing the alcohol to minors, you never know...

the fact that the gun was registered is not being discussed?

most thugs just get it off of the streets...

You were a minor, DA. :doh:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
You were a minor, DA. :doh:

crap, I was a minor that night... but the other nights I wasn't...

and we were taking the back way to the land we hunted so it'd be easier to sneak up on hogs...

the constant attempt at eradicating these hogs needs to include beer...

it's kinda funny, that land is only 87 acres, has a house on it... we were all at the house but wanted to go to the back gate to get a jump on 'em... had to drive two miles down the road, then about another 3 back the other direction, then two miles down a horrible gravel road to get to that back gate...

takes about 7 minutes to walk from the house to where we went...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
crap, I was a minor that night... but the other nights I wasn't...

and we were taking the back way to the land we hunted so it'd be easier to sneak up on hogs...

the constant attempt at eradicating these hogs needs to include beer...

it's kinda funny, that land is only 87 acres, has a house on it... we were all at the house but wanted to go to the back gate to get a jump on 'em... had to drive two miles down the road, then about another 3 back the other direction, then two miles down a horrible gravel road to get to that back gate...

takes about 7 minutes to walk from the house to where we went...

Well, I went hog hunting a few days ago, and we only saw two. My friend and I went, and they walked out together, and we picked which one we wanted and counted to 3, and he missed, so I killed a lonely pig. It was.....satisfying.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Well, I went hog hunting a few days ago, and we only saw two. My friend and I went, and they walked out together, and we picked which one we wanted and counted to 3, and he missed, so I killed a lonely pig. It was.....satisfying.

my friend tries to line 'em up and see if he can take down two in one... I say "just kill 'em"

he's having a big problem... him and another buddy from work hunt together on the same lase... their feeder/blinds are about 150 yards apart at the MOST... one has hogs, the other doesn't... my friend wants to kill deer, but he always kills hogs...

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
I got a javelina his past week :nerd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I got a javelina his past week :nerd:

Cool, what do you hunt with?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Cool, what do you hunt with?

I know you're not asking me, but everyone shouldn't answer...

Remington .270

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I know you're not asking me, but everyone shouldn't answer...

Remington .270

Yeah, I'm not going to reveal my weapon of choice on the internet, that's for sure. I have some pre-hunt pictures that are sweet that I can't even post. :(

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to reveal my weapon of choice on the internet, that's for sure. I have some pre-hunt pictures that are sweet that I can't even post. :(

M-16?

Old Tiger
I hunt with my knife

IHStangFan
Cool, what do you hunt with? I tend to like flat shooting and fast.....for smaller critters...a Remmy 700 .22-250, for larger ones like deer a Tikka T3 .25-06 my "finish em off" sidearm is an XD40.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I hunt with my knife

you know I've always wanted to go turkey hunting with a knife or hatchet???

I'd put the decoy right in between my feet or right at my side... cover up head to toe with leaves etc... just leave my eyes and mouth exposed... eyes so I can see, mouth so I can call... then when it comes up I just wanna grab it and cut it's freakin' neck off.... all on camera...

but I'd have to wear some serious protection, the spurs on those turkeys can slice you open real good...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
M-16?

I wish...

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I wish... I DO have an AR-15.....basically the same thing...cept mine is an M-4 upper...which is shorter than the 16.

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 03:21 PM
you know I've always wanted to go turkey hunting with a knife or hatchet???

I'd put the decoy right in between my feet or right at my side... cover up head to toe with leaves etc... just leave my eyes and mouth exposed... eyes so I can see, mouth so I can call... then when it comes up I just wanna grab it and cut it's freakin' neck off.... all on camera...

but I'd have to wear some serious protection, the spurs on those turkeys can slice you open real good... hell Gobbs, my grandfather's girlfriend feeds the deer and turkey on their property each day twice a day by hand....I took some corn out the last time I was up there...and a turkey ran up to me close enough that I could have kicked it and killed it.....I'm not stretching the truth at all...I COULD HAVE KICKED IT!

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
hell Gobbs, my grandfather's girlfriend feeds the deer and turkey on their property each day twice a day by hand....I took some corn out the last time I was up there...and a turkey ran up to me close enough that I could have kicked it and killed it.....I'm not stretching the truth at all...I COULD HAVE KICKED IT!

haha...

A supervisor at my work used to know an old man near Goliad/Yorktown when he was growing up... He called him "The Turkey Hunter"...

He found some wild turkey eggs one day while out in the woods and let his farm-raised turkey hatch 'em... one of the eggs produced a real big Gobbler... that Gobbler followed him around all of the time, became his pet... all the guy had to do was snap his fingers and the Gobbler would Gobble...

The guy would go turkey hunting and the Gobbler would follow him out to his spot... the man would hide and the Gobbler would stay near feeding... the man would snap his fingers, the Gobbler would Gobble and sometimes attract othre Gobblers in, then the old man would kill the Gobblers...

One day his Gobbler and another one about the same size got tangled up, they separated, the old man lost track of which was which and shot his own Gobbler...

The supervisor says the old man told him it was the first time tears came up in his eyes in a lonnnnnng time...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:33 PM
haha...

A supervisor at my work used to know an old man near Goliad/Yorktown when he was growing up... He called him "The Turkey Hunter"...

He found some wild turkey eggs one day while out in the woods and let his farm-raised turkey hatch 'em... one of the eggs produced a real big Gobbler... that Gobbler followed him around all of the time, became his pet... all the guy had to do was snap his fingers and the Gobbler would Gobble...

The guy would go turkey hunting and the Gobbler would follow him out to his spot... the man would hide and the Gobbler would stay near feeding... the man would snap his fingers, the Gobbler would Gobble and sometimes attract othre Gobblers in, then the old man would kill the Gobblers...

One day his Gobbler and another one about the same size got tangled up, they separated, the old man lost track of which was which and shot his own Gobbler...

The supervisor says the old man told him it was the first time tears came up in his eyes in a lonnnnnng time...

Why didn't he just snap his fingers to see which one responded?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Why didn't he just snap his fingers to see which one responded?

He did.... after he pulled the trigger... the one left standing didn't respond and ran off...

Turkeys will kill each other if they get into it real good... I dunno if he snapped his fingers during the showdown or not, but in most cases the Gobbler would not have responded in a fight, too focussed on the spurs...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
He did.... after he pulled the trigger... the one left standing didn't respond and ran off...

Turkeys will kill each other if they get into it real good... I dunno if he snapped his fingers during the showdown or not, but in most cases the Gobbler would not have responded in a fight, too focussed on the spurs...

What a great idea...shoot first and ask questions later....sounds like our Prez. :doh:

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 03:41 PM
LOL!!! thats a great story, think theres any truth to it? If so that's a great idea....a real live "decoy"

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
What a great idea...shoot first and ask questions later....sounds like our Prez. :doh:

he thought it was his... had to take a chance, chances were one would kill the other anyway...

sounds like our prez ha

stop it gary this is not political, it's redneck...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
he thought it was his... had to take a chance, chances were one would kill the other anyway...

sounds like our prez ha

stop it gary this is not political, it's redneck...

It was a joke....

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
LOL!!! thats a great story, think theres any truth to it? If so that's a great idea....a real live "decoy"

see, that's the thing I dunno... for sure the guy was known as the Turkey Hunter around that area, and I'm for sure the Turkey Hunter actually told the surpervisor that story... Gotta find the Turkey Hunter and give him a lie-detector test... but I think he has passed...

the supervisor just told me a real funny one yesterday though...

he was backing his boat into the water and was about the go floundering solo...

a guy pulls up in a van and says "hey, come here real quick"...

the supervisor walks up there because he thought the guy might want to buy flounder or something because he sells, really just gigs for fun...

the guy in the van asks "What are you doing"

supervisor says "'bout to go flounder, why what ya got"

the guy says

"aw nothing, just driving around lookin' for some d***"

:eek: :doh:

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
It was a joke....

I'm very upset with you gary...

I said "this is not political, it's redneck"... the gary I know replies with:

"exactly"

or

"that's Dubya for ya"

or something else...

very disappointed in you... I throw you the bait and you just leave it hangin' there
:(

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
LOL! I hope thats supposed to be ducks....as....he was a duck hunter...otherwise...thats kinda spooky!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm very upset with you gary...

I said "this is not political, it's redneck"... the gary I know replies with:

"exactly"

or

"that's Dubya for ya"

or something else...

very disappointed in you... I throw you the bait and you just leave it hangin' there
:(

Sorry.....

If it looks like a bush, smells like a bush, then I say piss on it.

Better?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry.....

If it looks like a bush, smells like a bush, then I say piss on it.

Better?

:eek:

awizzy
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
ya know VY wasnt the only great talent on that team..last i checked he didnt play any defence for them..soo how about a lil love for the Thorpe award winner michael huff

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
LOL! I hope thats supposed to be ducks....as....he was a duck hunter...otherwise...thats kinda spooky!

I'm afraid it wasn't duck... I cracked the hell up...

I told him "you know they say those guys can tell if another man likes it that way"...

IHStangFan
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm afraid it wasn't duck... I cracked the hell up...

I told him "you know they say those guys can tell if another man likes it that way"... AH...the "Gheydar"......I gotcha, LOL!!!!