PDA

View Full Version : Pudlugger's Great Thanksgiving!

Pudlugger
11-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Mine was the best ever! We had all four of our children together for the first time in years. I'm sitting here after my four kids , their husbands and galfriends have just left after 4 days of feisting! We had 10 for Thanksgiving dinner. Had to put in two leaves in the dinning room table and cut a 2x4 to keep the center from sagging under the weight of two turkeys (one roasted after 12 hours in a special brine Mrs Pudlugger uses and the other deep fat fried by me and the boys with the help of some Glenfiddich single malt).

Mrs P made a chocolate tort that weighed 6 pounds with 4 kinds of chocolate and sugar and no flower, and a dyno-mite cheesecake with a cranberry jam topping. The oldest son (now in law school) followed tradition since he was 4 and made three pumpkin pies. The daughters made garlic mashed potatoes and yams. Lamb's ears lettuce salad, two different stuffings one with two pounds of fresh oysters, the other with chestnuts and cranberries, and the appetizers were 5 or 6 different aged cheeses and crackers rounded off the repast. I wont reveal how many bottles of Pinot Noir and Chardonay we went through, plus the Shiner and Bud Select LOL.

Well now I'm as bloated as a tick on a hounds a$$ and the house is empty. Oh well, time to check the frig for some good left-overs!

We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for, especially our first grandchild due in May! What a great Thanksgiving!

lepfan
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Sounds like y'all had a great one!!! Is this the first in the new house?

Pudlugger
11-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Sounds like y'all had a great one!!! Is this the first in the new house?

Actually the second but the first with all the kids. How was yours? I used to love the midwest Fall when I lived in Mizzou. Did you have snow on the ground? Did Mike and Cale fry a turkey?

lepfan
11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Actually the second but the first with all the kids. How was yours? I used to love the midwest Fall when I lived in Mizzou. Did you have snow on the ground? Did Mike and Cale fry a turkey? Actually We all met in Oklahoma....Mike is already in Louisiana working. We always have to do two dinners down there...OVERstuffed is what we are! My sister did all the cooking for my side of the family and Mike's mom and dad did it all for his side of the family....I did not cook a thing! (lucky them!)

No snow YET...the high on Wednesday is supposed to be 32. NOT looking forward to that!!!