PDA

View Full Version : I saw a young man blow $85 in Austin at the UT vs A&M game

Phil C
11-26-2006, 05:55 PM
It was just after halftime when a Sherriff deputy called over a young man a few rows in front of us. He had a bottle of beer in his sack. The Sheriff deputy took him away. A beer made him not see the second half plus I am sure he was arrested and had a fine to pay.
Please obey rules at sporting events fans. If you have to drink do it after the game. And if drinking is allowed control it and don't overdo it. I was glad my son saw it so he could see there are consequences to breaking the law.

Phil C
11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
The $85 was for the game ticket that he or someone paid.

Emerson1
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
He didn't miss much, and I'm sure he just ended up at a tailgate party.

handNthedirt
11-26-2006, 06:24 PM
that's why you bring something to mix with coke/sprite.

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
that's why you bring something to mix with coke/sprite. right on right on

BreckTxLonghorn
11-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm going to agree with Phil on this for a few reasons. First, the obvious: it's illegal to do in the game, you're breaking a law, and the consequences can reach farther than just a fine. For example, a good friend of mine was in his last semester at Texas (the 'victory lap') and got caught with a flask at the game. Not only did he get fined by the police and kicked out of the game, he almost wasn't allowed to walk in his ceremony. Not only did he have to meet with the University's behavior committee (can't think of what its actually called), he had to pay a fine to the University on top of that. Is it really worth it to have one more drink at the game?

Second, it can be completely disrespectful to the people around you. At the game on Friday, my girlfriend was pushed off off the stands we were standing because some drunk was having trouble balancing a beer he snuck in while pulling a flask out. He didn't even apologize until I asked him to. And I'm not even going to get into the girl next to him smoking a cigarette. I know you want to have fun at the game, but everyone elsed paid money to get in, too, and they deserve to watch the game without having to worry about getting pushed, moved, or spilled/smoked on.

I did the same thing when I was an undergrad, and looking back, I hope I didn't cause people discomfort like I received on Friday, because I regret doing it now. Drink before the game, drink after the game, but take a timeout during the middle of it.

Oh, and watch your language in case the minors are present:D

*gets off soapbox*

Rabbit'93
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
What....this happened at DKRMS? UT? I thought every one at UT sat politely with halo's over their heads and politely golf clapped.

RMAC
11-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
What....this happened at DKRMS? UT? I thought every one at UT sat politely with halo's over their heads and politely golf clapped.

:clap: funny stuff.