PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood vs. Graham

westtexasfbfan
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know the game time for this game yet? Our local newspaper today didn't have the time.

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Last time i heard 2pm in Ableine! Saturday!

RMAC
11-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Good. Maybe I can make it back for SLC/Permian. Let's go MOJO!!!

snydertiger02
11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
greenwood will beat graham again then play snyder.

RMAC
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I'll tell you straight up I haven't been floored by Snyder at all. I've seen them play 2 times and they will need to win THIS weekend before they worry about Greenwood OR Graham.

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I'll tell you straight up I haven't been floored by Snyder at all. I've seen them play 2 times and they will need to win THIS weekend before they worry about Greenwood OR Graham. Amen!

SideBurnWillie
11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I'll tell you straight up I haven't been floored by Snyder at all. I've seen them play 2 times and they will need to win THIS weekend before they worry about Greenwood OR Graham.

I like you RMAC!

lioncountry
11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by snydertiger02
greenwood will beat graham again then play snyder.

don't get your hopes up to fast, snyder has to make it past Vernon first, always look at the game you play this week don't go jumping to another week or you will end up like sweetwater

RMAC
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by lioncountry
don't get your hopes up to fast, snyder has to make it past Vernon first, always look at the game you play this week don't go jumping to another week or you will end up like sweetwater

Nice post. It's quite refeshing to see some rookies on here that aren't all hard up for their team thinking they can beat the world with one hand behind their backs.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Well...here is my opinion:

I knew if we eventually matched up with Graham again, we would be playing a different team entirely than we did that first game.

If Greenwood doesn't come out ready to play four full quarters, as they HAVEN'T the past few games, this game could get out of hand early on.

Of course I want the Rangers to come out the victors, and I won't count them out until they are done.

I realize that we will be the underdogs in this matchup!

That being said.....GO RANGERS!!

RMAC
11-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I knew if we eventually matched up with Graham again, we would be playing a different team entirely than we did that first game.

If Greenwood doesn't come out ready to play four full quarters, as they HAVEN'T the past few games, this game could get out of hand early on.

Of course I want the Rangers to come out the victors, and I won't count them out until they are done.

No RM, ya'll can't be the underdogs, we are. The favorites keep losing this year. I called it. You said ya'll were, but you didn't call it. Sort of like shotgun in the truck you know? See you Saturday.:D

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
No RM, ya'll can't be the underdogs, we are. The favorites keep losing this year. I called it. You said ya'll were, but you didn't call it. Sort of like shotgun in the truck you know? See you Saturday.:D

I don't know much about Shotwell....do we wanna try and set up some kind of M&G??

If so, do you have any idea where?

Or...would meeting for lunch before the game be better?

Oh...and I read we were the underdogs on another board last night...so THERE!!

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
M&G at halftime!!

RMAC
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't really care. Personally, I'd rather do a M&G b/c if it's at 2, then we'll have to have lunch at noon, which translates to Ross leaving Lubbock at like 9:30 on Saturday morning and let's be honest RM, that ain't gonna happen. You were in college once right? But if everyone wants to get together for lunch, you can count on me being there.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't really care. Personally, I'd rather do a M&G b/c if it's at 2, then we'll have to have lunch at noon, which translates to Ross leaving Lubbock at like 9:30 on Saturday morning and let's be honest RM, that ain't gonna happen. You were in college once right? But if everyone wants to get together for lunch, you can count on me being there.

If a halftime M&G is better, thats fine with me...or before the game...I don't care.

There isn't just an overabundance of Greenwood posters I have to cater to.

Is there a place to meet at halftime??

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Heck idk ross will know though!

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:14 PM

:weeping::weeping::weeping:

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 09:14 PM
If a halftime M&G is better, thats fine with me...or before the game...I don't care.

There isn't just an overabundance of Greenwood posters I have to cater to.

Is there a place to meet at halftime?? I think it is like Lowery and you will have to leave the stadium and walk to a meeting spot.

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I've got to figure out how I'm going to make it to this game. I forgot that the company christmas party is Saturday night in Waxahachie. I'll need to see what time it starts...:thinking:

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I've got to figure out how I'm going to make it to this game. I forgot that the company christmas party is Saturday night in Waxahachie. I'll need to see what time it starts...:thinking:

I hate to change the subject but have you seen the house in Waxahachie that was modeled after the Munsters house at
1313 Mockingbird lane?

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think it is like Lowery and you will have to leave the stadium and walk to a meeting spot.

that is correct. I'm saying lunch time at any of the many great eating places in Abilene sounds much better. And dumbo will have to wake up before 10AM for once! :mad:

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I hate to change the subject but have you seen the house in Waxahachie that was modeled after the Munsters house at
1313 Mockingbird lane?

I only go over to Waxahachie to eat lunch sometimes. I work in Midlothian but live all the way up in North Dallas.

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Greenwood fo show....

Go Rangers

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
that is correct. I'm saying lunch time at any of the many great eating places in Abilene sounds much better. And dumbo will have to wake up before 10AM for once! :mad: :doh: :doh: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM
dude...Casey...you're annoying...go find a UT thread to join in on. I hear they may get to play in the Alamo Bowl! ;)

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
dude...Casey...you're annoying...go find a UT thread to join in on. I hear they may get to play in the Alamo Bowl! ;) lol

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
I tell you what adidas...you and lil bro decide what yall wanna do...and then let me know!! K?;)

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
I tell you what adidas...you and lil bro decide what yall wanna do...and then let me know!! K?;)

haha...well I still have to figure out if I can make it. I'll know more tmrw.

VWG
11-26-2006, 09:28 PM

Ranger Mom.... with all due respect, maam.. I don't think the Rangers will be the underdogs. They've got more history on their side, and have a better record this year.
Graham..... well, somebody tell the Steers that the clock hasn't struck 12PM midnight and this fairy tale season is still going on.
I know Greenwood has fought back since losing Washington... but Graham has been going with a freshman QB, two starters on the defensive line gone for the season, and an offensive line that now has a JV call up starting. One of their tailbacks, Sokolosky, isn't fast enough to make the track team so I'm told! This bunch has been winning with heart.... because it can't be just an overall abundance of talent. Their defense has become very, very salty.
If you look back at their game starting with Iowa Park... they have given up a total of 6 TD's in 5 games. One to Iowa Park, one to Vernon, two to Dalhart, and two to Sanger.

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 09:30 PM
dude...Casey...you're annoying...go find a UT thread to join in on. I hear they may get to play in the Alamo Bowl! ;) ah don't get upset it's just the internet...:) Cotton Bowl ;)

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Ranger Mom.... with all due respect, maam.. I don't think the Rangers will be the underdogs. They've got more history on their side, and have a better record this year.
Graham..... well, somebody tell the Steers that the clock hasn't struck 12PM midnight and this fairy tale season is still going on.
I know Greenwood has fought back since losing Washington... but Graham has been going with a freshman QB, two starters on the defensive line gone for the season, and an offensive line that now has a JV call up starting. One of their tailbacks, Sokolosky, isn't fast enough to make the track team so I'm told! This bunch has been winning with heart.... because it can't be just an overall abundance of talent. Their defense has become very, very salty.
If you look back at their game starting with Iowa Park... they have given up a total of 6 TD's in 6 games. One to Iowa Park, one to Vernon, two to Dalhart, and two to Sanger.

Umm....we didn't lose Washington....are you referring to Wilber??

I don't know who the underdog is..I just read that on another board from another poster.

VWG
11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Umm....we didn't lose Washington....are you referring to Wilber??

I don't know who the underdog is..I just read that on another board from another poster.

Dang... my bad. Yes, the kid that went down with a knee injury earlier in the year.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Dang... my bad. Yes, the kid that went down with a knee injury earlier in the year.

Yes...that was Colten Wilber.....Michael Washington is the kid who stepped in and filled that spot!

Snydertigersrul
11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Yes...that was Colten Wilber.....Michael Washington is the kid who stepped in and filled that spot!

Wilber has not played the entire season. He was injured in the first preseason scrimmage. Washington had a big game against Grahma in the opener.

westtexasfbfan
11-26-2006, 10:15 PM

No one should be the underdogs. Both teams aren't undefeated, and the team with the best record isn't suppose to be the underdog. Greenwood was the underdog to powerhouse Dangerfield back in 2002. (The team that defeated Celina and broke it's winning streak.) And, Greenwood won that game 10-0. So, . . . let the best team win.

TacklingDummy
11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by VWG
two starters on the defensive line gone for the season, and an offensive line that now has a JV call up starting.

I've been hearing this a lot but you forget that Graham's defensive front got BETTER. Graham's d-line is better than average. They moved a Three year starting offensive lineman to DT and the other player's back up was better than the starter. The offensive line... thay can be good at moments.

snydertiger02
11-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Nice post. It's quite refeshing to see some rookies on here that aren't all hard up for their team thinking they can beat the world with one hand behind their backs.

I dont think none of that crap you just said. Besides it was my brother that said that stuff.

RMAC
11-27-2006, 12:47 AM
It's all good.

snydertiger02
11-27-2006, 12:48 AM

Man i can't stand people like all you sayin crap to me. Im just stating my opinion just like everyone else.

RMAC
11-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Man i can't stand people like all you sayin crap to me. Im just stating my opinion just like everyone else.

No, we're stating our opinions based on FACTS. Things that are TANGIBLE; you can see and/or feel them. Do we root for our teams? Hell yes we do, but we don't say we're going to roll over anybody that our respective teams play. Ask SW07 or Stownhorse. They got a little upidity and now their eating their words. I have gained a new respect for them as they've both been men about it and they even joke about it. From now on, try to be objective. Don't look things through yellow and black glasses. If you do that, you're only going to see what you want to. This is life, welcome to it. There's other teams represented on here. Take a page from DaHop or Tiger Baseball. They're 2 very well versed Snyder posters.

snydertiger02
11-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Last time i heard 2pm in Ableine! Saturday!

does vernon pass alot or do they run. just asking someone from graham since you guys played them glad you'll won.

RMAC
11-27-2006, 01:24 AM
They had Whiteside and another guy whose name I can't recall run the ball down Sweetwater's throat. I know that Whiteside is a load at around 225 and definitely a power back.

lioncountry
11-27-2006, 02:12 AM

well i learned from experience i played on the 03 lions that made it to the semis and then turn around my senior year in 04 and didn't not make the playoffs with that i learned never look ahead just take it as it comes

lioncountry
11-27-2006, 02:19 AM
does vernon pass alot or do they run. just asking someone from graham since you guys played them glad you'll won.

run run run, with options of whiteside fb, graf hb,briggs wing back,daniels hb/fb , sometimes miller the qb and williams the other qb,all off them have great speed. we have had a rough season with passing but have made great progress in the last few weeks

VWG
11-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
No one should be the underdogs. Both teams aren't undefeated, and the team with the best record isn't suppose to be the underdog. Greenwood was the underdog to powerhouse Dangerfield back in 2002. (The team that defeated Celina and broke it's winning streak.) And, Greenwood won that game 10-0. So, . . . let the best team win.

You're going to have to convince me that Greenwood isn't the outright favorite going into this game.
Greenwood Rangers - 11 wins 1 loss
Graham Steers - 7 wins 5 losses (started the season 2-5, with one of those losses 25-15 to the Rangers)

Greenwood lost their starting QB for the year, but Washington has done a fantastic job filling in. Senior leadership on the Greenwood team, etc......
Graham, freshman QB, lost a returning all-dist. linebacker to injury, two defensive line starters are gone, totally revamped their offense, etc......
I think Yosemite Sam has the edge over Bevo on this one. If Vegas was putting odds down, don't you think the Rangers would be about a touchdown favorite?

Adidas410s
11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by VWG
You're going to have to convince me that Greenwood isn't the outright favorite going into this game.
Greenwood Rangers - 11 wins 1 loss
Graham Steers - 7 wins 5 losses (started the season 2-5, with one of those losses 25-15 to the Rangers)

Greenwood lost their starting QB for the year, but Washington has done a fantastic job filling in. Senior leadership on the Greenwood team, etc......
Graham, freshman QB, lost a returning all-dist. linebacker to injury, two defensive line starters are gone, totally revamped their offense, etc......
I think Yosemite Sam has the edge over Bevo on this one. If Vegas was putting odds down, don't you think the Rangers would be about a touchdown favorite?

I concur. The logical choice in this game is Greenwood. I would put them at about a 7-10 point favorite.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
I concur. The logical choice in this game is Greenwood. I would put them at about a 7-10 point favorite.

Sounds good to me!!:clap:

tigerbyheart
11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
No, we're stating our opinions based on FACTS. Things that are TANGIBLE; you can see and/or feel them. Do we root for our teams? Hell yes we do, but we don't say we're going to roll over anybody that our respective teams play. Ask SW07 or Stownhorse. They got a little upidity and now their eating their words. I have gained a new respect for them as they've both been men about it and they even joke about it. From now on, try to be objective. Don't look things through yellow and black glasses. If you do that, you're only going to see what you want to. This is life, welcome to it. There's other teams represented on here. Take a page from DaHop or Tiger Baseball. They're 2 very well versed Snyder posters. :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MarginalTalent
11-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Did snydertiger02 pick up his computer and go home? Come back and play, but play nice.

Cameron Crazy
11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
does vernon pass alot or do they run. just asking someone from graham since you guys played them glad you'll won. They ran about 90% and there passing game wasnt to strong but from the looks of the Sweetwater game they just steam rolled them. I heard Whitside was running loose everywhere!