PDA

View Full Version : Will be spending all day Saturday in Sweetwater!

Matthew328
11-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Looks like I have myself a doubleheader at the Mustang Bowl...everyone says eat at Allen's before the game...are there some hotels in town?? I'll be spending the night in Sweetwater also....

If someone could tell me how to get to Allen's coming from fort worth I'd appreciate it! Looking forward to my trip and hopefully some Sweetwater folks will check out the Everman game and sit on the Everman side!

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 02:51 PM
It would probably be just as easy to stay in Abilene. For cheap and easy access there is the whitten inn on I-20.

Matthew328
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
I thought about possibly staying in Abilene...we'll see....I'll try and stay within Sweetwater and support their local economy with my business....LOL of course I need a hotel with WiFi so if there isnt anything in Sweetwater I may have to head to Abilene..of course I was hoping to check into my room between games...won't be able to do that if I have to go to Abilene.....LOL

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Besides Everman and Frenship...what other game is there?

Matthew328
11-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Littlefield-Early

DU_stud04
11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
coming in from ft worth to allens, take the first sweetwater exit off of i-20 which will take you over a bridge and then it will split, stay to the LEFT. it will turn into broadway and then drive down it for about a mile before you get close. its right before you get to sonic.

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
coming in from ft worth to allens, take the first sweetwater exit off of i-20 which will take you over a bridge and then it will split, stay to the right. it will turn into broadway and then drive down it for about a mile before you get close. its right before you get to sonic.

Stay to the left actually

wyliegrad04
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
what time is the Everman game?

I think I'm going to SA on Friday night and coming back saturday morning so might be able to catch the Everman game too ... would like to see them play, haven't since the last time they played Wylie

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
When and what time are these games?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Is the new motel along I-20 (next to K-mart) open yet? I would think it would have wifi. What is it, a Comfort Inn or something?

GetRDoneStangs
11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Games this weekend in Mustang Bowl:

CLASS 4A
DIVISION II
REGIONAL

Wolfforth Frenship (10-2) vs. Everman (8-3)
1:30 Saturday at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl

CLASS 2A
DIVISION I
REGIONAL FINAL

Littlefield (11-1) vs. Early (10-2)
6:30 Saturday at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl

CLASS A
DIVISION I
REGIONAL FINAL

Sunray (8-3) vs. McCamey (8-4)
7:00 Friday at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I still think if the Greenwood/Graham game is played that night, you should come to it in Abilene.

You are, in fact, the owner of a 3A board.....don't ya think you should catch one of those games if at all possible???

(How is that for dirty play??);) :p

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
nice work:) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Is the new motel along I-20 (next to K-mart) open yet? I would think it would have wifi. What is it, a Comfort Inn or something?

Its a Holliday Inn and its not quite finished yet.

Matthew328
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I keep hearing 2pm for Greenwood-Graham...I'll tell you what RM if the game is a night game I'll go to the Greenwood game IF you come to the Everman game and sit on the Everman side!! Deal??

I wonder if I should put a memo out in Sweetwater about my arrival?? I expect a throng of single women to be awaiting my arrival....LOL LOL

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I keep hearing 2pm for Greenwood-Graham...I'll tell you what RM if the game is a night game I'll go to the Greenwood game IF you come to the Everman game and sit on the Everman side!! Deal??

I wonder if I should put a memo out in Sweetwater about my arrival?? I expect a throng of single women to be awaiting my arrival....LOL LOL

HAHA good luck with that

GetRDoneStangs
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
I still think if the Greenwood/Graham game is played that night, you should come to it in Abilene

Last I heard it was at 2 pm? do you have any thing different?

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 03:38 PM
I think it is at 2pm!!

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I still think if the Greenwood/Graham game is played that night, you should come to it in Abilene.

You are, in fact, the owner of a 3A board.....don't ya think you should catch one of those games if at all possible???

(How is that for dirty play??);) :p

Is the Gwood vs Graham game friday or saturday? what time?

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 03:41 PM
"a throng of single women to be awaiting my arrival" or "single women in thongs"

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Last I heard it was at 2 pm? do you have any thing different?

I havent heard anything at all actually. Im waiting for my husband to get home so I can look at the paper. I guess I could call him and see if he saw anything...but that would require me getting up and looking for a phone!!

Matthew328
11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Now someone tell me how to get from Allen's to the stadium! LOL

If any Sweetwater fans decide to stay in town come on out to the Mustang Bowl and check out a VERY good 4A playoff game....and sit on the Everman side! We don't travel well and any help we can get is appreciated!

DU_stud04
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM

If any Sweetwater fans decide to stay in town come on out to the Mustang Bowl and check out a VERY good 4A playoff game....and sit on the Everman side! We don't travel well and any help we can get is appreciated! from allens to the stadium....pull out of parking lot. breathe deep from over eating. turn right onto broadway and go past the sonic and then get to the whataburger(streetlight). turn right immediatly after whataburger onto hailey street. travel down past the first light(12th street) then at the next intersect(no light, rigth past car wash on left) turn left. venture up and you should see the lights.

STANG RED
11-27-2006, 08:37 AM

LOL, unless you like them very young or very old, your probably out of luck on that one Matt. As for the single ones between 19 and 40 that are there,,,,,,,,,,wellllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,lets just say, theres probably a real good reason why their still single. :D

Matthew328
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Well now I need to talk some Sweetwater fans into staying home and checking my Bulldogs out!

DU_stud04
11-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Well now I need to talk some Sweetwater fans into staying home and checking my Bulldogs out! ive seen them this year. they looked good, or atleast compared to kennadale who yall beat 50-0. i think i was one of the few left on the kennadale side during the 4th quarter.

Matthew328
11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
DU you saw a shell of the Everman team that is playing now....Everman was missing 3 defensive starters and they have a different QB and RB....Frenship worries me though!

sweetwater07
11-27-2006, 11:11 PM

:clap: :clap: :D

sweetwater07
11-27-2006, 11:14 PM

If any Sweetwater fans decide to stay in town come on out to the Mustang Bowl and check out a VERY good 4A playoff game....and sit on the Everman side! We don't travel well and any help we can get is appreciated!

i'll be there..but idk if i can sit on Everman's side..district rival of my team Cleburne...hmmmm...sounds like treason to me:cool:

Matthew328
11-27-2006, 11:27 PM
No way you are supposed to support fellow district opponents in the playoffs as long as you aren't playing them! That's the rules!! I support Aledo and supported Stephenville til they got beat! Feel welcome to sit on the Everman side you'll be welcomed with open arms!