PDA

View Full Version : Canton (8-4) vs Celina (12-0)

DragonEagle01
11-26-2006, 02:34 PM
who you think will win?

gobbler grad
11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Celina is on a roll...see them playing in the state finals...don't see anyone stopping them right now...good luck Celina...:clap:

bobcat1
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh I hope you are right about that GG. I say we win this one and then take them one at a time. Kinda interested in the Pilot Point/ Brownsboro game also. Lot's of great teams left in this region.

bobcat1
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Let me ask you Mr. Eagle, Can you beat those Bobcats?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1431/lookin4eagle5hm.gifHad to do it, It was just too funny. :p

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Celina

manormustangs
11-26-2006, 04:34 PM
celina in a blowout atleast by 28......after what they did to madison this team is foreal

Snydertigersrul
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DragonEagle01
who you think will win?

Cellina by 45

Gobbla2001
11-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Canton's in the third round?

huh

lostaussie
11-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Canton's in the third round?

huh After 2 very weak playoff opponents, Canton gets blown out this week.

Gobbla2001
11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
After 2 very weak playoff opponents, Canton gets blown out this week.

I'd say so, they're up against a freaking monster...

DragonEagle01
11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Well Canton played teams before and were considerable underdogs, but they came out on top. That is why they play the game. Anything can happen.

bobcat1
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Well Canton played teams before and were considerable underdogs, but they came out on top. That is why they play the game. Anything can happen. You got that right. Just ask Sweatwater. :p

tigerpride_08
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
i can't go against an undefeated team...Celina...

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Well Canton played teams before and were considerable underdogs, but they came out on top. That is why they play the game. Anything can happen.
Good luck to the Eagles! I'll be rooting for the underdogs. :)

kaorder1999
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
if celina wins it will not be a blowout.

DragonEagle01
11-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I do think Canton has a shot in this game. I saw Highlight of Celina they look good very fast on the offense. I think the keys for Canton is stop The Celina run game. On offense they need to Let Qb Casey Bell who has got better each game throw the ball to Prox and Huff, they have big size and should be able to jump for the ball. Block well and let Sam Buker run I really think Canton can play well with Celina. this game should be good and fun to watch

Canton 35

Celina 31

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
SEEN WHAT CANTON HAS FIRST HAND IMO CELINA BIG.
WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH CANTON JUST DON'T SEE IT. :(

kaorder1999
11-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BULLDAWG-MOM
SEEN WHAT CANTON HAS FIRST HAND IMO CELINA BIG.
WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH CANTON JUST DON'T SEE IT. :(

when did you see Canton first hand? September 15th? Teams change a WHOLE LOT over a course of a season.

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 11:17 AM
CELINA, because they have really cool uniforms

kaorder1999
11-27-2006, 11:17 AM
canton looks like the freaking NY Jets in their unis

JasperDog94
11-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Go Canton and G. J. Kinne....errrr.....Go Canton!!!:D

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-27-2006, 11:23 AM
when did you see Canton first hand? September 15th? Teams change a WHOLE LOT over a course of a season.

THAT MAY BE TRUE BUT DON'T THINK THEY CHANGED THAT MUCH
:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Believe me...teams change. We tied you guys in a scrimmage and I know yall have gotten better. You must have. That's what happens in HS football. The longer you play the better teams get. The Bell kid has settled in at QB and has gotten better every week. They are using the Buker kid a lot more in their overall scheme. The OLine for Canton has improved VASTLY since the first half of the season.

kaorder1999
11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I may be TOTALLY off here but I think this will be a good game. It isn't going to be a blowout in either teams favor in my opinion.

DragonEagle01
11-27-2006, 04:09 PM
KA I like your thinking

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
The truth will set us free Friday.;)

GreenGobbla
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
im going with celina in this game. just dont see how canton can pull this out...

celina 38

canton 26

DU_stud04
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
i think it will be a good game. i will be in attendance i believe. which side should i sit on???/

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
If you like orange and cheers :cheerl: :wave: it would be best to sit with us. If you like green,:weeping: envy, and sadness sit with Canton. Your choice! :p

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Celina 57 Canton 6 maybe!!!!!!!!!! this one will get ugly early.

charlesrixey
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Canton is not better than Dallas Madison.

anybody that thinks Canton will score more on Celina than anyone else is making some poor assumptions about Celina's defense. And no one else scored more than 14 (twice, in the first two games of the season). Celina has held 10 consecutive opponents to 9 points or less.

Celina 41, Canton 14

maybe

charlesrixey
11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Robinson (10-2) scored 14 against Celina, but lost 45-14

Argyle Liberty Christian lost 28-14 (the top private school in the state, which has shut out five consecutive opponents as of this week).

just a thought

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Canton is not better than Dallas Madison.

anybody that thinks Canton will score more on Celina than anyone else is making some poor assumptions about Celina's defense. And no one else scored more than 14 (twice, in the first two games of the season). Celina has held 10 consecutive opponents to 9 points or less.

Celina 41, Canton 14

maybe
Canton has a better offensive scheme than MAdison..While Madison has more speed, Canton is FAR better at execution

lostaussie
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Canton has a better offensive scheme than MAdison..While Madison has more speed, Canton is FAR better at execution and that and 50 cents will get them a cup of coffee on the way home from a large a$$whooping!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
and that and 50 cents will get them a cup of coffee on the way home from a large a$$whooping!!!!!

Or it just might mean a game of perfect execution, with no turnovers and a few big plays...Kinda reminda me of a first round game

bobcat1
11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Oh that cut deep........:evil:

Phil C
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Isn't Canton the school that the great qb transferred from to to go Gilmer? Gilmer is out of the playoffs and Canton still in? If so it is ironic isn't it?

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 09:23 AM
after seeing Madison, Canton is far more disciplined and better coached then Madison. Canton will do some things that puts Celina's defense in a bind. Canton is also great against the run. They have phenominal team speed on defense.

Canton's offensive line will also probably be the biggest and strongest Celina has seen all year.

I think this will be a good game

tree8400
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM
after watching celina play acouple of times this year and to know there past. No one ever scores more than 21 points on them. If you have size at the receiver position then you will get one td by throwing the fade to him but if thats all you have then it will be a long night. Also clock control is a have to i have seen people try to throw it on them and it back fired and celina put 70 points on them. So you have to have a running game.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by tree8400
after watching celina play acouple of times this year and to know there past. No one ever scores more than 21 points on them. If you have size at the receiver position then you will get one td by throwing the fade to him but if thats all you have then it will be a long night. Also clock control is a have to i have seen people try to throw it on them and it back fired and celina put 70 points on them. So you have to have a running game.

CANTON

TALL RECEIVER: YES (couple of tall ones)

RUNNING GAME: YES (buker can tote the rock)

tree8400
11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I still pick Celina 31-14

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Celina will win and I bet next week the doubters will back Pilot Point or Brownsboro and the next week........

What happenend to the They haven't ever played anyone like Madison crap and if they beat Madison I will believe.

Just keep hoping Celina loses. It took 68 last time and it's been 28 so far this time. Let me know when they have done enough to be worthy to play in 3A. Good grief Canton could win no doubt, but they will have to win, cause Celina will not hand it to them.

The "Power of the Orange" will be on display Friday at 7:30 in Garland.

We might make a ripple!

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 11:22 AM
This is one funny stream to read for sure.....

The banter from the Canton side is how much they have improved during the year, so now they can play with Celina...here is a funny missing point - Celina was better than Canton in week 1, and guess what, they have improved all year themselves....

districts 9 and 13 were considered very weak to start the year, but now those are the only districts left in Region 2 playing...for all the banter from those reds from the west where the water is flavored, I sure don't see THEM in the 3rd round....

now down to bidness....all this talk of Canton's mighty defense is hilarious....Canton is like Gilmer....weak defense but supposed to be a bigtime offense....Celina will score on Canton at will, and Canton HAS NOT played a defense as good as Celina's...and I have no idea who this Buker kid is, but if he was better than McNeal, he would have a Div1 offer, so I doubt he is as good...I love when the Cantonites say Buker is a different style of back so he will do better....fact is the McNeal style has always been about the toughest for Celina to defend, but I reckon 22 yds total shows they handled that well enough....

Celina drilled Robinson, and they are still in Div1....Celina drilled PP and they are still in....Celina drilled Madison and they were top 10 (here comes the overrated banter again - anyone Celina beats suddendly goes from "this could be a great game" to "they were overrated")....I am betting any of those 3 teams could play with Canton, so I suppose that means I will take Celina in this game by at least 3 td's....

oh yes....do you know how many times Celina hears "this is the biggest OL you will have faced all year"....here is a secret we don't often mention....2 D1 prospects play dominant roles on our defensive line, so if your OLs ain't state caliber, they will get blown by all day...and our guys ain't fatties, they are just big and thick and strong....eat your Wheaties - you guys are gonna need em....

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
well...I'm not a "Cantonite" but I will respond since I have seen Canton up close and personal on a few occasions. Their defense is better then their offense. They don't have a "high powered" offense. They did when Kinne was there but they have won the majority of their games this year because of the defense they have played.

Buker is not a Division 1 athlete mostly because of his size. He is about 5-4 or 5-5 at most. He is very fast. Was a silver medalist last year at the State Meet in Austin in the 200 meter dash in 2A. He transferred to Canton from Edgewood. He is a good running back and I was also very impressed with the sophomore #30, the Cummings kid.

Their OLine is listed at 6-5 240 at RT. 6-6 267 at RG. 5-11 208 at Center. 6-1 231 at LG and 6-6 284 at LT. The Huff kid is also a good player and receiver and maybe better defender at 6-6, 190.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan

oh yes....do you know how many times Celina hears "this is the biggest OL you will have faced all year"....here is a secret we don't often mention....2 D1 prospects play dominant roles on our defensive line, so if your OLs ain't state caliber, they will get blown by all day...and our guys ain't fatties, they are just big and thick and strong....eat your Wheaties - you guys are gonna need em....

Burks, the biggest lineman, was an All-State kid last year I believe as a junior.

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
"Burks, the biggest lineman, was an All-State kid last year I believe as a junior. "

he better rest then....he'll be across from a 2 time all-stater and an even bigger guy beside him that may well be all-state this year....defense is the standard by which Celina teams are measured, and this year is a good one....the Cherry years before he went off to Tech were good defense years....the Booger years were very good as well....but I'm figuring this defensive line may well be the best Celina has ever produced as a unit, so after the previous success of the other units, and this one is better.....I only gots 2 words for ya.....

UH OH.....

(again - Canton has done well for 3 years now, and good for them to finally get to a higher level, but this is not the team to beat the Bobcats.....not this year)

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Don't you just love the Bobcat arrogance? I guess winning does give you the right to be arrogant....hence the reason many non-bobcats would like to see them beaten....

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
funny how when we state facts (he is actually a 2 time all-stater....you bring up some Canton kid bein all state as a junior, this kid from Celina was all-state as a sophomore) it is arrogance, but when you spill out your dribble it is somehow to be viewed as knowledge...

It is not arrogance to see this team play well for 15 years and know when some Celina teams are better than others....nor is it arrogance to watch THIS team play all year and even after 2 playoff games they have not given up triple digits in points

it is not arrogance to state a guess on the outcome of this game, but I did....and so if YOU give your opinion about the game, I suppose we should deem that as arrogance as well?

Here is a FACT....I looked forward to playing Sweetwater due to their own rabid assertions about how badly they would beat Celina....but the flavored water boys let us down by switching sports early....now, to be honest, I look forward to playing Cuero, if we each can make it, since they may be the most storied program left in the other 1/2 of the bracket....and to get there, if we play Snyder, I won't mind that too much....

Fletch
11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
From kaorder1999:

"CANTON

TALL RECEIVER: YES (couple of tall ones)

RUNNING GAME: YES (buker can tote the rock)"

I hate to tell you but 4 of Celina's DB's are 6' or over and all have decent verticals. The free safety was all-state last year and can dunk a basketball. Not too worried about the alley-oop.

A good running game is necessary, but you need a good passing game also to beat Celina. One-dimensional won't cut it.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
funny how when we state facts (he is actually a 2 time all-stater....you bring up some Canton kid bein all state as a junior, this kid from Celina was all-state as a sophomore) it is arrogance, but when you spill out your dribble it is somehow to be viewed as knowledge...

blah blah blah...actually I didnt even read your post about anyone being all-state. I was just responding to the post where you said somethign to the nature if they arent all-state caliber then they will get blown by.

The arrogance part comes from you saying...

I ONLY GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA...UH OH AND eat your Wheaties - you guys are gonna need em....

And actually I never said who would win. The only comment I made was that if Celina does win I didn't think it would be a blowout.

Hansum Stranger
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Don't you just love the Bobcat arrogance?

It's even worse when you're in Celina. I was told saturday while I was in Celina that there isn't a team left in 3A that can beat them this year. Alot of Celina fans think that everyone is jealous of the team. That is not the case, it's the fans that turn other people against Celina.

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
you may well have been told that they can't be beaten by someone, but that is not the feeling of all fans here...

I do indeed believe we will beat Canton this week, and then we look to the next game....but only a fool in Celina would believe that none of those teams in the other regions can beat us....we might well win alright, but there are several teams left in the bracket that we will need to pack a big lunch to beat....

if PP wins this week, this will be the closest 4 games we will have ever played in the same year in the playoffs, cause I figure we might play them in Denton, and that is close.....

I might be wrong (I'm not cause I rarely if ever am) but I hardly think "UH OH" qualifies as arrogance....

DragonEagle01
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I for one am not doubting or am jealous of Celina not one bit they are a heck of a football team have been forever. 12-0 this year they are dang good lets get that out there they are a powerhouse in 3A. But people picking Canton is not a shot at Celina just they have saw something that they think Hey Canton can beat them thats all. I understand it's common nature to stick up for who you want to won. Thats what we are all doing but there is no sense in bashing eaither team in this post. Post reasons why they will lose or win in a fact maner not bashing. Canton is no where near the powerhouse on offense it was last year all those players are gone or in college now. But they are still good on that side of the ball you cant say well they wont score cause they can still do that. They have some good players playing Sam Buker, Casey Bell, Michael Prox, Justin Huff, Morgan Cummings and the whole o line has been great. The lost of Josh Wilson in the preason has set the Passing game back but Prox and the rest of the WR have step up in his place. Canton man thing now is Defense have played very well this season The Dline has been good Steven Gummelt, Jason McWilliams, John Harris, Justin Huff, Leroy Johnson all have been good. All the Canton Supporters know they are the underdogs by a ton thats fine but dont let the 8-4 record full you they are a good team. Will Canton win i dunno? Will Celina Win? Will Celina bluw us out? I dunno but i dont think so but im jsut one person i see it being a good game and a close one thank you

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM

I might be wrong (I'm not cause I rarely if ever am) but I hardly think "UH OH" qualifies as arrogance....

you're right:clap:

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
It's even worse when you're in Celina. I was told saturday while I was in Celina that there isn't a team left in 3A that can beat them this year. Alot of Celina fans think that everyone is jealous of the team. That is not the case, it's the fans that turn other people against Celina.

Anyone that said that knows nothing about football. Any of the 15 other teams left could beat Celina. Again Will they? Who knows. One play and one game at a time will decide it. I sincerely hope it is a good game. We need to know how we will respond in a close game. :D

CelinaCatFan
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm certainly not an arrogant fan from Celina. I know all too well that we can lose this week to Canton or to any of the remaining schools in the next few weeks.

After 15 years of watching Celina football, I've NEVER overlooked or disrespected one of our opponents.

Truth be told, we have been very blessed over the years. As for this year, we will see what happens. Do I like our chances? Sure I do. Just like every everyone else.

I'm proud of our coaching staff and our kids for their efforts and successes on (and off) the field.

Hansum Stranger
11-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by tree8400
No one ever scores more than 21 points on them.

I heard a team scored 35 points against them in just the 1st half a few years ago, never say never.

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
I heard a team scored 35 points against them in just the 1st half a few years ago, never say never.

Did they win?:D

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 09:24 PM
I personally like our chances each year when someone has to come up with "I heard someone (he knows not who) scored 35 on them in a half a few years ago"

if that has not happened for a few years, and THIS defense is even better than the last several years, then I'll take our chances alright....

ya know when I have Celina arrogance???....for about an hour as I drive home from another win to come post the score on a message board....then I get to watch how the team we just beat gets classified by all these "experts" as no good....(you know, the same "experts" saying that team was gonna beat us BEFORE the game).....this ain't no cake walk....we all know that....but it sure is fun watchin all the haters wiggle and whine each week as we keep it going.....

Hansum Stranger
11-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Did they win?:D

Celina didn't win.

kaorder1999
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
People on these message boards, including myself, do not hate the Celina Bobcats. They, including myself, dislike certain Celina fans, not ALL Celina fans, who post on message boards and then whine like little school girls when "experts", or ANYONE in that case, picks their opponent to win. Heaven forbid someone pick against Celina. I have no problem what-so-ever with confident fans picking their team to win. That's what FANS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!!! But some people have a problem with people picking their opponent and that seems like a problem to me.

Hansum Stranger
11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
People on these message boards, including myself, do not hate the Celina Bobcats. They, including myself, dislike certain Celina fans, not ALL Celina fans, who post on message boards and then whine like little school girls when "experts", or ANYONE in that case, picks their opponent to win. Heaven forbid someone pick against Celina. I have no problem what-so-ever with confident fans picking their team to win. That's what FANS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!!! But some people have a problem with people picking their opponent and that seems like a problem to me.

Good post KA. It's just to bad that the few we have here posting brings the rest down. Kinda of like the old saying about the 1 bad apple.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2006, 09:55 PM

I agree...if someone picks against my team...that's fine. I don't feel the need to give them 143 reasons why I think they are WRONG!!

Heck..me and kaorder sat together ON THE CELINA side at their State Championship last year.

He is definately not a Celina hater.

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I guess you are all talking to me???

Ranger Mom
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I guess you are all talking to me???

Since I was responding to what Kaorder posted, I guess I am talking about whoever he is talking to!:)

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Never Mind...........

bobcat1
11-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey Kao. and HS. I am glad we all don't pick Celina. It would be pretty boring around here if we did. If you keep picking against them law of averages says you will be right someday, right?:crazy1:

I hope you are not referring to me or my posts, but if you are and don't like them guess what you do? When you see over to the right where it says last posted by bobcat1, don't click on it. How's that? :tongue:

Oh by the way in case you haven't figured it out, the Cats are on a mission. They just made a little bit of personal history in winning area. Wouldn't it be something if they won a championship in 2A one year then moved up to 3A and won it again. No one else has ever done that. That would be special indeed!

WildTexan
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
you people are so funny....you make up every excuse on earth why a team probably can't win, then when facts are presented and guesses on outcome are made, you gripe like little school gilrs (yes that concept of kawhatever his name is in a plaid skirt is gross, but hey, he does nag like a woman)...I could care less if others pick against Celina, it just makes it more fun to win each week knowing you have to come up with a new "they don't play anyone" list.....

it is so funny to see complaints made that facts are used to support a team, rather than just sweetwater style bs with no results to back it up, so you complain about it as "143 facts to support it"......if all that was given was a homer-style rah rah boast, you'd complain.....I think you just like to gripe no matter what anyone posts....which is ok by me cause my team is winnin each week so I am still ahead.....

charlesrixey
11-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Here are the statistics from Massey Ratings (ignoring the rankings, looking at the schedules):

2006 Canton Eagles (8-4)
Canton, TX (Map)
Massey: 391
Offense: 456
Defense: 376
Schedule: 455
PF-PA: 311-274
Per Game: 25.9-22.8

Remaining Schedule:
E[W] = 0.00
E[L] = 1.00
P[undefeated] = 0.39

Date Opponent Rk W L Result PF PA Note
Fri 11/24/06 vs Pleasant Grove 547 4-8 W 48 28 (playoff)
Fri 11/17/06 vs Crandall 638 5-6 W 28 10 (playoff)
Fri 11/10/06 Bullard 572 4-6 W 34 14
Fri 11/03/06 at Van 412 6-4 L 13 34
Fri 10/27/06 Brownsboro 285 9-3 W 18 13
Fri 10/20/06 at Athens 568 4-6 L 21 28
Fri 10/13/06 Chapel Hill 436 6-6 W 28 20
Fri 10/06/06 at Crandall 638 5-6 W 31 13
Fri 09/22/06 Lindale 191 7-3 L 6 35
Fri 09/15/06 at Royse City 225 11-1 L 30 56
Fri 09/08/06 Commerce 667 3-7 W 20 16
Sat 09/02/06 Gorman (Tyler) 748 2-2 W 34 7

Date Opponent Rk W L Result PF PA Note PWin PPF PPA
Fri 12/01/06 vs Celina 18 12 0 -- 0 0 (playoff) 0 6.4 41.8

2006 Celina Bobcats (12-0)
Celina, TX (Map)
Massey: 18
Offense: 30
Defense: 29
Schedule: 318
PF-PA: 503-84
Per Game: 41.9-7.0

Remaining Schedule:
E[W] = 1.00
E[L] = 0.00
P[undefeated] = 99.61

Date Opponent Rk W L Result PF PA Note
Fri 11/24/06 vs Dal Madison 235 10-1 W 43 6 (playoff)
Fri 11/17/06 vs Ford 581 5-6 W 35 7 (playoff)
Fri 11/10/06 at Whitesboro 611 4-6 W 34 9
Fri 11/03/06 Prosper 349 8-3 W 35 7
Fri 10/27/06 Bonham 709 2-8 W 58 0
Fri 10/20/06 at Van Alstyne 650 2-8 W 49 7
Fri 10/13/06 Pilot Pt 339 8-4 W 51 6
Fri 10/06/06 vs Wakeland 727 2-7 W 41 7
Fri 09/29/06 Princeton 457 6-4 W 59 0
Fri 09/15/06 Prestonwood Chr -- 7-4 W 28 7
Fri 09/08/06 Liberty Chr 105 11-1 W 28 14
Fri 09/01/06 vs Robinson 83 10-2 W 42 14

Date Opponent Rk W L Result PF PA Note PWin PPF PPA
Fri 12/01/06 vs Canton 391 8 4 -- 0 0 (playoff) 100 41.8 6.4

I realize that this thread is only loosely based on logic and fact, but above are the actual scores from the games played by both teams.

Celina is outscoring their 3A opponents 44.7-6.3 per game (10 games 449-63)

They have allowed no more than 14 points (once) and scored no less than 34 points (in the regular season finale).

In ten games against 3A competition, Canton has scored 271 points and given up 232 (27.1-23.2).

Celina has a 38 point average margin of victory, Canton has a 4 point margin of victory.

Celina's 3A opponents have a combined record of 57-46

Canton's 3A opponents have a combined record of 57-53

Therefore, there is a 35 point difference in margin of victory vs. the 3A average field.

Beyond the statistics, do you not think Madison wanted to win and fought hard to do so?

Celina is and has been known for having a tough defense which tightens in the second half. This is a trend that spans more than a decade, and has continued this season.

Canton fans should at least expect that the talk will be in Celina's favor. Celina fans should at least respect the opponent (as most do). Celina fans are defensive if only because they have faced much criticism in the past, despite their success. Only twice from 1994-2005 were they ranked #1 in their own class at any point in the regular season, despite winning six state titles (1995, 2001).

All i can hope for is a great game played by both teams to the standards we hold them to.

Canton earned their way into the third round just like everyone else. But that doesn't mean i can't have confidence in what Celina is doing.

Leopards,class of 75
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Celina 35, Canton 7. Maybe a good game in the first half,and then the Bobcats get on track.

charlesrixey
11-29-2006, 12:35 AM
that is saying a lot coming from a Lep!

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 01:23 AM
you people are so funny....you make up every excuse on earth why a team probably can't win, then when facts are presented and guesses on outcome are made, you gripe like little school gilrs (yes that concept of kawhatever his name is in a plaid skirt is gross, but hey, he does nag like a woman)...I could care less if others pick against Celina, it just makes it more fun to win each week knowing you have to come up with a new "they don't play anyone" list.....

it is so funny to see complaints made that facts are used to support a team, rather than just sweetwater style bs with no results to back it up, so you complain about it as "143 facts to support it"......if all that was given was a homer-style rah rah boast, you'd complain.....I think you just like to gripe no matter what anyone posts....which is ok by me cause my team is winnin each week so I am still ahead.....

Try to do the following....
1. look back in this thread or any thread and find something where anyone made up any excuse to why Celina cant win. I read some posts where people gave reasons why they think Canton can make it a game. Maybe I'm misreading or missing something.

2. look back and find anywhere in this thread where I even picked against Celina or anyone picked against Celina except for DragonEagle (who is from Canton). The closest to that was me saying I think this would be a good game and not a blow out either way. You tried to get on your soapbox after one person gave their reason to why they think Canton can win and one person gave their reason why they thought it would be a good game. You do realize that right? Or is it still...everyone is jealous of Celina blah blah blah

In your very first post on the Downlow you had no facts present and you just posted, how did you put it....Sweetwater Style BS. But hey...you are good with the use of quotation marks. Congrats!

PART YOUR VERY FIRST POST.....AND THIS AFTER ONE PERSON PICKED AGAINST CELINA IN THE THREAD ITSELF.....

now down to bidness....all this talk of Canton's mighty defense is hilarious....Canton is like Gilmer....weak defense but supposed to be a bigtime offense....Celina will score on Canton at will, and Canton HAS NOT played a defense as good as Celina's...and I have no idea who this Buker kid is, but if he was better than McNeal, he would have a Div1 offer, so I doubt he is as good...I love when the Cantonites say Buker is a different style of back so he will do better....fact is the McNeal style has always been about the toughest for Celina to defend, but I reckon 22 yds total shows they handled that well enough....

DragonEagle01
11-29-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the stats charles thats what I like to see. Canton has played alot of close games this season. Witch if this game is close at the end that will come into there favor cause they are used to the game coming down to the wire. Yes i have picked Canton to win but i have giving Celina many many Props for what they have done. I have not bashed them in anyway some have and some have done the same to Canton.

bobcat1
11-29-2006, 06:39 AM
DragonEagle01 you are a class guy. I pray we have an injury free game with good sportsmanship shown by both teams. It's gonna finally be football weather! May the best team win!:D

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the stats charles thats what I like to see. Canton has played alot of close games this season. Witch if this game is close at the end that will come into there favor cause they are used to the game coming down to the wire. Yes i have picked Canton to win but i have giving Celina many many Props for what they have done. I have not bashed them in anyway some have and some have done the same to Canton.

you are right DragonEagle...you have not bashed them in anyway, and before WildTExan got on his soapbox in his VERY FIRST POST ON THE DOWNLOW, it doesn't look as if ANYONE had bashed Celina in this thread. That has been my point...

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I'm certainly not an arrogant fan from Celina. I know all too well that we can lose this week to Canton or to any of the remaining schools in the next few weeks.

After 15 years of watching Celina football, I've NEVER overlooked or disrespected one of our opponents.

Truth be told, we have been very blessed over the years. As for this year, we will see what happens. Do I like our chances? Sure I do. Just like every everyone else.

I'm proud of our coaching staff and our kids for their efforts and successes on (and off) the field.

This is what is good to see from a Celina poster. No, WATCH OUT, UH OH'S, YOU BETTER EAT YOUR WHEATIES crap.

SWAMP-RAT
11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I've seen 3 Canton games this year the Van, Lindale and RC
games from what I saw Canton was dominated on both sides of
ball. I dont see this game even being close, Celina big.

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by SWAMP-RAT
I've seen 3 Canton games this year the Van, Lindale and RC
games from what I saw Canton was dominated on both sides of
ball. I dont see this game even being close, Celina big.

yeah..they played pretty bad against Van. I don't think they were dominated up front but just couldn't tackle Calhoun. Didnt see them against Lindale or RC.

SWAMP-RAT
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
They played pretty bad in both Lindale and RC games also,
RC game was around 45-6 at the half, their district was pretty
even they all took turns kicking each other around. I would like
to see them win but don't think they will.

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by SWAMP-RAT
They played pretty bad in both Lindale and RC games also,
RC game was around 45-6 at the half, their district was pretty
even they all took turns kicking each other around. I would like
to see them win but don't think they will.

that was a weird district this year. Chapel Hill goes from almost not making the playoffs to losing in Round 2. Van might have been one of the states best 3A teams to not make the playoffs.

SWAMP-RAT
11-29-2006, 10:53 AM
that was a weird district this year. Chapel Hill goes from almost not making the playoffs to losing in Round 2. Van might have been one of the states best 3A teams to not make the playoffs

Thats for sure.

BobcatBenny
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
This is what is good to see from a Celina poster. No, WATCH OUT, UH OH'S, YOU BETTER EAT YOUR WHEATIES crap.

Canton had better eat their Wheaties! :eek:

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 12:01 PM
can you be Rommed for posting under two names....?

bobcat1
11-29-2006, 12:12 PM
LMAO! I could apologize for them but it would do no good. Heck they could be from Canton for all I know. :tongue: :crazy1:

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
LMAO! I could apologize for them but it would do no good. Heck they could be from Canton for all I know. :tongue: :crazy1:

good point.....Admin can find out where they are posting from...

icu812
11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
that was a weird district this year. Chapel Hill goes from almost not making the playoffs to losing in Round 2. Van might have been one of the states best 3A teams to not make the playoffs.

I believe every team in 14-3A with the exception of Bullard would have gone two or three rounds deep. Strong district.

Ranger Mom
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM

Since that was taken directly from MY post...please show me where I have complained about either one of these teams....I'm pretty sure that was my first post on this entire thread. As a matter of fact, please point out where I have EVER complained about a team!

WildTexan
11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I have no clue what "rommed" means, but Benny ain't me, but I do laugh at how that person used a line just to tick you off again....

and since Wheaties bugs you so much, have em try Cheerios for all I care....it helps prevent heart disease they say on tv....

UH OH....almost Friday night.....

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
actually...i have a life outside of a Message Board and nothing said on this board makes me mad. And when I said "Can you be rommed for posting under two names" I wasnt talking to either you or the other Celina Poster. I was talking to Ranger Mom. Good try though. :clap: :clap: :clap:

WildTexan
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
RH now you need to keep up.....that was for koa campground clearly, not for you.....but since they say you use sex text messages to communicate, when you are not txting scores, then I will obviously not complain about you.......

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 02:23 PM
I just enjoy sitting back and watching you make an idiot of yourself. that is entertaining as hell!!!!

WildTexan
11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
just because you don't like the fact I am right does not make me an idiot....when I miss a guess, then call me out, but until then you are just mad that metroplex football kicks east texas football every year......

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
just because you don't like the fact I am right does not make me an idiot....when I miss a guess, then call me out, but until then you are just mad that metroplex football kicks east texas football every year......

keep going.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't live in East Texas anymore.....I am in the metroplex and have been involved in Metroplex football for a while now.....:rolleyes:

WildTexan
11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
gee your low level of brain power is worth giggles a day....I never once said or even hinted you were speaking to me about romming....but you clearly were insinuating that my name and Benny's may be the same person since we used the same line....unless of course even you are not bright enough to catch that concept even on your own posts.....which could be possible, I reckon....

kaorder1999
11-29-2006, 02:33 PM
gee your low level of brain power is worth giggles a day....I never once said or even hinted you were speaking to me about romming....but you clearly were insinuating that my name and Benny's may be the same person since we used the same line....unless of course even you are not bright enough to catch that concept even on your own posts.....which could be possible, I reckon....
you used the word giggles...classic....:nerd:

Ranger Mom
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
RH now you need to keep up.....that was for koa campground clearly, not for you.....but since they say you use sex text messages to communicate, when you are not txting scores, then I will obviously not complain about you.......

I am assuming by RH you mean RM...you quoted what I said, so I assumed you were talking about me..and where did it say I use sex text messages to communicate??

You are reading things into a story you know nothing about!

SWAMP-RAT
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
:eek:

BobcatBenny
11-29-2006, 06:23 PM
can you be Rommed for posting under two names....?

I do not know what being rommed is, but it does not sound pleasant.

Is it anything like what we will get to witness at H.B. Johnson Stadium on Friday? :doh:

Rabbit'93
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM
(some)Celina fans = old Burnet fans from a few years back.;) If you've been around that long you'll know what I'm talking about.

That being said i think Celina wins big. I'll be pulling for Canton though. I may end up moving there in a couple of years.

Ranger Mom
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
(some)Celina fans = old Burnet fans from a few years back.;) If you've been around that long you'll know what I'm talking about.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: