PDA

View Full Version : Concussions

VWG
11-26-2006, 01:03 PM
How many does a guy have to have in a season/career before they say "no more football"?
Any experience with this?

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 01:06 PM
The more they get, the less "qualified" they are to be the one making the decision.

VWG
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
The more they get, the less "qualified" they are to be the one making the decision.

Thank you for that most intelligent reply.

Boosty_Hondo
11-26-2006, 02:25 PM
ive heard that alot of schools do 3 but in my high school careerr i had about 5 or6 and still played every minute of offense

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
ive heard that alot of schools do 3 but in my high school careerr i had about 5 or6 and still played every minute of offense

I hate to break this to you but you are full of crap

Boosty_Hondo
11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
i hate to break it to you but u are a douche bag all u ever do is tlak crap so get a freakin life and grow up some ok??? and yes i have had that many concusions u know nothing about me so keep your mouth shut until you know atleast something about me

carter08
11-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i hate to break it to you but u are a douche bag all u ever do is tlak crap so get a freakin life and grow up some ok??? and yes i have had that many concusions u know nothing about me so keep your mouth shut until you know atleast something about me

I know something about you

You post pad

Boosty_Hondo
11-26-2006, 02:39 PM
lol carter im glad u figured this one out lol u are a very smart person

RMAC
11-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I know that out DB Stansell got another one last night. I'm not sure how bad but he wasn't at church today. I think I heard that it was his 5th or 6th since jr. high. I think he's going to be alright though.

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 02:56 PM
No way that you have had 6 concussions and have never missed a play. I promise you that, when you get a concussion you cant see straight, walk straight, or think straight.

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Im pretty sure its no set number. just depends how severe, if it really was a concussion(BoostyHondo) memory loss, things like that.

Pudlugger
11-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Neurologists say you need to stay out of play at the minimum 2 weeks, longer if it is associated with unconciousness or if symptoms of memory loss and or confusion persist. After 3 grade II or worse concussions you have to think about the risks of brain damage and long term effects (think of boxers and "punch drunk" or speech impairement) if you risk further injury. A concussion is a bruise in the cortex of the brain. When it heals it leaves scar tissue which can interfere with normal neuronal activity resulting in loss of fine motor movements most noticeable in speech (like too many beers do) and in memory loss. Severe injury can result in seizures and epilepsy years latter. It is not good to have multiple concussions.

VWG
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Neurologists say you need to stay out of play at the minimum 2 weeks, longer if it is associated with unconciousness or if symptoms of memory loss and or confusion persist. After 3 grade II or worse concussions you have to think about the risks of brain damage and long term effects (think of boxers and "punch drunk" or speech impairement) if you risk further injury. A concussion is a bruise in the cortex of the brain. When it heals it leaves scar tissue which can interfere with normal neuronal activity resulting in loss of fine motor movements most noticeable in speech (like too many beers do) and in memory loss. Severe injury can result in seizures and epilepsy years latter. It is not good to have multiple concussions.

Thank you. That's what I was looking for.