PDA

View Full Version : Crowds and the bands at playoff games!

westtexasfbfan
11-26-2006, 01:35 AM
I would like to make some comments about the Greenwood/Clint game this past Friday in Pecos, Texas. First, I was there to witness the game. Second, having a playoff game in Pecos, Texas or it's football stadium isn't exactly the perfect playoff environment for a football game. Third, it's important for both teams to have their school band there, and some fans. This past Friday, Clint didn't have their band, and they didn't really have a full crowd at the game. Does this make for a great playoff experience? Not at all. The playoff environment wasn't there and I do believe it does impact teams that are playing. Come Saturday, I believe that the Greenwood football team will come out ready to play! There definitely will be a playoff environment in Abilene. Everyone that went to Pecos knows what I mean!
Besides, anyone ever go to a football game where the bands aren't playing? Boring! I know, I was a football player, and music doesn't pump you up!

westtexasfbfan
11-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I meant to say that music does pump you up!

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 01:41 AM
I thought it was sad myself. I must admit I had to laugh when the announcer asked us all to stand for both schools alma mater.

We just all kinda stood there for a minute and I asked the people around me, "what are they supposed to do, just start humming it??"

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 01:44 AM
At least most of the 6 man teams know they don't have a band so most of them have their songs on tape

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 01:45 AM
But there were a couple of teams that came to play at Snyder this year that didn't bring bands with them. I was surprised.

Adidas410s
11-26-2006, 01:50 AM
One crazy thing...Euless Trinity's band didn't show up at Texas Stadium yesterday until the middle of the 2nd quarter! :eek:

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Probably couldn't find a parking spot

DU_stud04
11-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I asked the people around me, "what are they supposed to do, just start humming it??" :doh: :doh: :doh:

Emerson1
11-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Dallas Woodrow Wilson's band has 12 people in it.

They didn't even play that much, WW brought in a big sound system.

3afan
11-26-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah that was wierd - you here this good sounding music & look over & the band isnt even playing