PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Playoffs: A Year of Upsets?

howboutthat
11-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Now, before anyone gets on my case for whatever reason, these are just my opinions about upsets this year. I know some people feel differently about different match-ups, but these are just my picks.

D1-
LE over Gilmer
Canyon over Wylie

D2-
Giddings over WO-S
Vernon over Sweetwater

Anyone care to share their opinions?

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I agree. This has been one goofy playoff season so far. I'd also put in Robinson taking out Hutto & Palestine in Region III, IMHO.

marlin fan
11-26-2006, 01:04 AM
yup yup

2A Div I Marlin over Newton!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
yup yup

2A Div I Marlin over Newton!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Marlin over Newton is not an upset! Marlin knocks Newton out of the playoffs all the time!

Crimestick
11-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Giddings was ranked above WO-S. By definition, not an upset.

marlin fan
11-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Marlin over Newton is not an upset! Marlin knocks Newton out of the playoffs all the time! well Yeah but everyone Picked newton to beat us so id call tis an upset!!

buff4life
11-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by howboutthat
Now, before anyone gets on my case for whatever reason, these are just my opinions about upsets this year. I know some people feel differently about different match-ups, but these are just my picks.

D1-
LE over Gilmer
Canyon over Wylie

D2-
Giddings over WO-S
Vernon over Sweetwater

Anyone care to share their opinions?

i agree with everything EXCEPT Giddings over WO-S...both teams are very talented and it was an even matchup...not an upset in my book

TAMUGRAD
11-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Yes, I would have to agree this playoff season has been crazy, if and only if you gave any weight to all those polls and rankings.

Remember anything can happen in the playoffs. It is all about which team shows up to play their best ball on that night, not looking forward, and staying focused.

Really blew a hole in those Massey strength rating stats. I used those to make a lot of picks for my bracket when I didn't know anything about a team. Now my brackets are in shreds. I didn't do that last year. Won't make that mistake again next either.
I am a logical person (most of the time) so the appeal of those stats sucked me in. Well I believe heart has a little more to do with it at this point than people give credit so I'll be using my woman's intuition stuff next year, seems to work better than rankings and stats.

Gobbla2001
11-26-2006, 09:07 AM
The biggest upset this season involved a team that was the 4th place playoff team out of their district and a team that was in the top 5 in 5A... San Marcos over Smithson Valley...

kepdawg
11-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The biggest upset this season involved a team that was the 4th place playoff team out of their district and a team that was in the top 5 in 5A... San Marcos over Smithson Valley...

Round Rock over Lufkin!

Crow22
11-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Giddings over WOS is not an upset.

IMO if ANYbody beats Giddings it will be an upset. I picked them at the end of last season to be this year's champs. I'm feeling good about that pick.

3afan
11-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by howboutthat

D2-
Giddings over WO-S
Vernon over Sweetwater

dont think Giddings over WOS was an upset

Vernon over S'water yes - but a good one!!! ;)

Boosty_Hondo
11-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I agree. This has been one goofy playoff season so far. I'd also put in Robinson taking out Hutto & Palestine in Region III, IMHO.

robison took out palestine????

carter08
11-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
robison took out palestine????

Yes Bootsy
They did
Are you turning into Memory Boy III or something

gobbler grad
11-26-2006, 02:42 PM
anyone Pleasanton beat is a upset...it ain't over yet, though...Ingleside will have to play tough...:thinking:

Boosty_Hondo
11-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Yes Bootsy
They did
Are you turning into Memory Boy III or something

lol i didnt even kow that so hush lol .. on a side not this ahs been a year of upsets not just in high school also in college and some pro ball

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Giddings over WOS is not an upset.

IMO if ANYbody beats Giddings it will be an upset. I picked them at the end of last season to be this year's champs. I'm feeling good about that pick.

yea its a good pick....they were my pick to meet up with us in state :(