PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Waco La Vaga

sabre1
11-26-2006, 12:05 AM
7:30 Friday night Round Rock Stadium ISD the new stadium. Not where the Dragons play.

Go Buffs WAO

marlin fan
11-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Go La Vega Beat Giddings!!

theyoefnshow
11-26-2006, 12:45 AM
hmm.....looks like i have a game to go see....

manormustangs
11-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Go La Vega Beat Giddings!!

ya right.........giddings in a blowout

marlin fan
11-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
ya right.........giddings in a blowout You never know!!! La Vega's on a roll!!!

20FAN07
11-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Giddings should win this one pretty easily. I think the game next week with Liberty hill should be a pretty good one though.

Darren
11-26-2006, 01:25 PM
It's the playoffs every game is going to be tough.

Hopefully Giddings can continue to pull off the wins.

tigerpride_08
11-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
Giddings should win this one pretty easily. I think the game next week with Liberty hill should be a pretty good one though.

i agree...

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Go La Vega

RdaleBoi08
11-26-2006, 03:09 PM
So If Giddings Wins Then They Play The Winner Out Of Liberty Hill Game?

20FAN07
11-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
So If Giddings Wins Then They Play The Winner Out Of Liberty Hill Game?

yes

RdaleBoi08
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Should Be Interesting If They Meet...Same Style Of Offense Kind Of..

sicem74
11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
pirates!!!!!!!

bet dat

formermbcouns
11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
I never thought LaVega would go this far. Maybe its their year to really do something...who knows?

With this being said, I would def give the edge to Giddings.

buff4life
11-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
pirates!!!!!!!

bet dat

just like you bet dat the yoemen were going to state??

Giddings will easily do somethin Cameron couldn't do (besides win more games than yall even played)....beat La Vega

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Should Be Interesting If They Meet...Same Style Of Offense Kind Of..
Well, they run a lot and we run a lot. I think the similarity probably ends there. ;)

theyoefnshow
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Look, the Fitzhenry Buffaloes are a good squad and all but don't underestimate La Vega. They were layin the hits like crazy when they played Cameron and obviously had a 4th quarter explosion this past week. buff4life.....doesn't Cameron usually have you guys' number? Kinda like last year when y'all choked a 20 point lead that y'all had on us at halftime? (which by the way, we came back and one with the SECOND string QB) Bit of bitterness there buddy?

buff4life
11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Look, the Fitzhenry Buffaloes are a good squad and all but don't underestimate La Vega. They were layin the hits like crazy when they played Cameron and obviously had a 4th quarter explosion this past week. buff4life.....doesn't Cameron usually have you guys' number? Kinda like last year when y'all choked a 20 point lead that y'all had on us at halftime? (which by the way, we came back and one with the SECOND string QB) Bit of bitterness there buddy?

hey mr. yoewutever...last year is last year...and if you wanna look up the all-time record..giddings is winning that...so the last few years are history....and FYI Fitzhenry isn't the whole team...we have to other great back and a great defense...there are plenty of people to back that also

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
hey mr. yoewutever...last year is last year...and if you wanna look up the all-time record..giddings is winning that...so the last few years are history....and FYI Fitzhenry isn't the whole team...we have to other great back and a great defense...there are plenty of people to back that also Yalls linebackers are the strenght of the defense. The secondary is suspect but as long as the LB's are getting pressure on the QB in passing situations then yall are good. I got a serious question about Giddings buff. How many penalties do yall average a game about? Not trying to start anything just want to know if yall play mistake free ball.

charlesrixey
11-26-2006, 06:41 PM
giddings should win by 21, but Waco La Vega is a solid top-25 team, surprising for a 3-7 team from last year, even with what they had returning

ILS1
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
7:30 Friday night Round Rock Stadium. Where the Dragons play.

Go Buffs WAO

The UIL site has the game being played @ RRISD Stadium. The Round Rock Dragons play @ Dragon Stadium behind RR High. They are two different stadiums,just trying to clarify which one. Thanks.

:D

ILS1
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM

tigerpride_08
11-26-2006, 08:38 PM
i think Fitzhenry IS the offense...however i do agree the linebackers do a great job on D...

Darren
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Go La Vega

Tiger,

I just don't know what to say about you. I guess there is no converting you to a Giddings fan. Its sad really since you are only 45 minutes from Giddings and used to be district rivals.

O well you can (and my guess is will) pull for any team that is playing Giddings that is your right. It just gets a little frustrating at times I mean how much do you actually know about La Vega?

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Tiger,

I just don't know what to say about you. I guess there is no converting you to a Giddings fan. Its sad really since you are only 45 minutes from Giddings and used to be district rivals.

O well you can (and my guess is will) pull for any team that is playing Giddings that is your right. It just gets a little frustrating at times I mean how much do you actually know about La Vega? I like the under dogs :) Nothing against Giddings. I have many friends from Giddings :)

Darren
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

That was a great game last year. I was there and was thinking of leaving because I thought that Giddings had it wrapped up. I didn't like the end result but it was a good game.

Did Cameron make it far in the playoffs last year? Did you guys play Hutto in the first round? I can't remember..

theyoefnshow
11-26-2006, 11:18 PM
No we played Hutto week 10 and beat them for the district title. Then they spanked us in the quarterfinals and went on to the state game.

buff4life
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yalls linebackers are the strenght of the defense. The secondary is suspect but as long as the LB's are getting pressure on the QB in passing situations then yall are good. I got a serious question about Giddings buff. How many penalties do yall average a game about? Not trying to start anything just want to know if yall play mistake free ball.

we average six or seve penalties a game...most are on defense for jumpin offsides or somethin else dumb...and an occasional holding call

buffalo booster
11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Just for clarification -- the game will be at the RRISD stadium.

Anything can happen when you get into the playoffs. Even good teams can have bad games.

But, it ain't gonna happen on Friday. Giddings - 42, Waco LaVega - 14.

scrub c
11-27-2006, 02:12 PM
waco robinson is REAL good and lavaga beat them in district (at robinson)

so this could be a better game than most think.

3 waco teams still in the offs....

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Will you get to go to this game?? If so, you need to hook me up with updates!! :)

Good Luck Giddings!!!

Fotbol
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
giddings should win by 21, but Waco La Vega is a solid top-25 team, surprising for a 3-7 team from last year, even with what they had returning LaVega will surprise ya, this aint your grandpa's LaVega Pirates, LB's are very physical and RB's will punish you when you come to tackle them.

Eagles52
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
I dont know much about La Vega, but I know Giddings is a great football team. I hope its a good and injury free game. Go Buffs! What kind of offense does La Vega run?