PDA

View Full Version : Vernon must have had...

kepdawg
11-25-2006, 06:06 PM
One heck of a pooch kick! :D

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 06:11 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
One heck of a pooch kick! :D I think they did utilize the pooch kick. ;)

ROFL!

mustang04
11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
i'm not surprised, i'm really not...i just dont think they wanted it as bad this year as years past...tragic:D

Matthew328
11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
the pooch kick was a factor....I believe Sweetwater screwed up 3 of them

keenoace
11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
anyone know where Snyder and Vernon will be playing?

GreenMonster
11-25-2006, 06:50 PM
There is nowhere inbetween that could handle the crowds. Maybe a neutral home and home with Vernon taking WF and Snyder taking either Abilene or Lubbock. Stephenville is another possibitlity that I can think of.

keenoace
11-25-2006, 07:20 PM
I wonder if Gordon Wood Stadium would work! Havent been

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Sweetwater used to pooch it and recover all the time my SR year so you would think they could figure something out.

sweetwater07
11-25-2006, 08:14 PM
your not lying..Vernon's pooch kick was perfect....we fumbled like 3-4.......either way..we didn't play to our potential and Vernon took advantage...good game for Vernon..and that Whiteside kid is GOOD

mchavez
11-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Just got back from the game, and it was great!! Vernon's D showed up and shut them out!! The offense also played a great game not only running, but passing too!! Heard Synder had and offense like Sweetwater, just not as fast!! The Synder/Vernon game is going to be a great one too!! Hopefully it will be close to Dallas so I can make it!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Ok I just got back from the game. Here are my thoughts:

1) Vernon beat Sweetwater in every fashion of the game. The special teams, offense, defense, and game planning. It was not the case of Sweetwater having a bad game or being overrated. Vernon just executed its game plan to perfection. Vernon took advantage of every opportunity that it had. They simply made plays. Vernon was stripped of the ball just before the half time inside the Mustang 5 yard line. Could have been 28-6 going into the half. But other than that Vernon played flawlessly.

2) District 6 is obviously not a weak district. The Lions have been UNDERRATTED this entire season. They lost 5 games. Two in overtime and had Decatur beat with less than 1 min to go --had a holding penalty that negated a TD and they lost that game. Graham beat Vernon 14-7. We also lost to Midland Christian in week 2. The Lions are a good football team that just had some bad breaks during the regular season. The Lions did not just squeak into the playoffs either. They were the 2nd team behind Graham. Hirschi was the 3rd team. I guess that many have forgotten Vernon's history. in 2003 they went to the semifinals. They are no strangers to the playoffs.

3) Coach Jackson has class. This guy addressed both teams after the game as they kneeled down at the 50. What a sportsman this guy is. I don't know what he said but I have the ultimate respect for him and the Sweetwater program.

4) I really didn't know if Vernon would be able to hang with the Mustangs but they did. Sweetwater has a very good football team. I don't think anyone will argue with that. They have size and speed and good coaching.

5) Vernon's defense is really good. They don't get enough credit. The first TD was a trick play that I'm not sure should have been called an incomplete pass. Film review will tell. Vernon really got after it out there.

6) Whiteside is a legitimate DI recruit. I have no idea who he is talking to but I'm sure it is someone. He is a load.

7) I was the guy with the B (Lock) and Lion Pride sign. For the Sweetwater fans that were at the game -- maybe you saw me or my signs!

Go Lions.

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I am not sure that Sweetwater should have even scored that TD. JB went down on a knee for sure, but I couldn't tell if he was back up when he caught the lateral. Z..I think I might have seen the Lion Pride sign. Where you sitting on the 50 or so about midway up?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I am not sure that Sweetwater should have even scored that TD. JB went down on a knee for sure, but I couldn't tell if he was back up when he caught the lateral. Z..I think I might have seen the Lion Pride sign. Where you sitting on the 50 or so about midway up?

yes that was me!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm so proud of the Lions right now. They played such a good game today. Hopefully we can douplicate that performace again next week.

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I'm so proud of the Lions right now. They played such a good game today. Hopefully we can douplicate that performace again next week. I went down to the fence at half time z, thought you or fury might venture that way. Maybe this weekend.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
I thought about it! For sure next weekend. I hope the game is in Abilene.

VERNONLION#1
11-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
Heard it was going to be at Lowery in Lubbock on Sat. at 7pm. Snyder here we COME.

VERNONLION#1
11-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
your not lying..Vernon's pooch kick was perfect....we fumbled like 3-4.......either way..we didn't play to our potential and Vernon took advantage...good game for Vernon..and that Whiteside kid is GOOD
YOU SHOULD NOT BE HUNGRY FOR A LONG TIME AFTER YOU EAT ALL THAT CROW. You guys were all talk and Vernon layed it to you and your team. Vernon dominated from the start and never let up. Maybe next time you will count your chicks AFTER they hatch. :clap:

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Now that's winning with class!:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Congrats to the Lions! :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Now that's winning with class!:rolleyes:

There was a lot of trash talk from a couple of Sweetwater posters discounting Vernon. That is crow served up Hot and Fresh.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm just as guilty. I never gave Vernon a chance. Sweetwater made it to the semi's last year, with good talent returning.

I wouldn't call it trash talking though. I simply didn't know what the hell I was talkin about when it comes to Vernon.

Good job Vernon.
See ya next week.

P.S. leave that mojo in Aledo!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I'm just as guilty. I never gave Vernon a chance. Sweetwater made it to the semi's last year, with good talent returning.

I wouldn't call it trash talking though. I simply didn't know what the hell I was talkin about when it comes to Vernon.

Good job Vernon.
See ya next week.

P.S. leave that mojo in Aledo!!

Snyder - Vernon should be another good game. I went and saw Snyder two years ago - twice. They have a very good program.

GreenMachine
11-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Be careful how you serve up that crow, you could end up choking on it in the weeks to come :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Be careful how you serve up that crow, you could end up choking on it in the weeks to come :D

GreenMachine: Just curious about what Crow you are talking about????

As far as I have read there hasn't been a feast of it served up. Although there should have been. All that talk from a select few Sweetwater posters that didn't have any idea what they were talking about. They deserve some. That has nothing to do with next weeks game.

Did you want to go on record about Vernon?

Macarthur
11-26-2006, 11:25 AM
2) District 6 is obviously not a weak district. The Lions have been UNDERRATTED this entire season. They lost 5 games. Two in overtime and had Decatur beat with less than 1 min to go --had a holding penalty that negated a TD and they lost that game. Graham beat Vernon 14-7. We also lost to Midland Christian in week 2. The Lions are a good football team that just had some bad breaks during the regular season. The Lions did not just squeak into the playoffs either. They were the 2nd team behind Graham. Hirschi was the 3rd team. I guess that many have forgotten Vernon's history. in 2003 they went to the semifinals. They are no strangers to the playoffs.

Yeah, there were two pretty good teams that stayed home in that district in IP & Burk.

howboutthat
11-26-2006, 11:47 AM
One heck of a pooch kick! :D

If I was Vernon's coach I would've done the exact same thing. Film from any game where the opposing team pooch kicked clearly shows that Sweetwater just can't seem to handle the pooch kicks.

Vernon did play a heck of a game and Sweetwater just didn't show up to play. I knew as soon as Vernon got those three touchdowns boom-boom-boom, that Sweetwater would have a hard time getting its momentum back up. Good job, Vernon.

DU_stud04
11-26-2006, 01:57 PM
One heck of a pooch kick! :D he was a good kicker, could kick the ball a mile. his placement was great on the pooch kicks.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Snyder - Vernon should be another good game. I went and saw Snyder two years ago - twice. They have a very good program.

Can't say I ain't Nervous, Snyder hasn't been able to beat Sweetwater in a regular season game in a while. We did beat them in the Quarter finals in 2004.

But I've never seen Sweetwater loose that bad. They have always been a powerhouse in my book. So I think this weekend we find out how good Snyder really is.

STANG RED
11-27-2006, 08:20 AM
I have to give props to Vernon. They simply won every phase of the game, but it all started at the line of scrimmage. They simply whooped us at the line on both sides of the ball, the entire game. Whiteside is a load allright, but you cant discount the other RB either. He is very fast and quick. But both had huge holes to run through most of the game, and werent even getting hit till they were at least 5 yards down the field on most plays, and if you give Whiteside that much of a head of steam, he'll get several more yards after first contact.
I do wish Sweetwater would have showed up ready to play though, and at least made a game of it, but none the less, the better team won, and I have to give them all the credit for a great game plan and great execution of it.
Good luck to all the teams that are still playing, and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. I know I did. Great season Mustangs.

angelglow48
11-27-2006, 09:47 AM

They will be playing in Lubbock, Tx. I'm not sure at this time of

what stadium but, I'm hoping they will play in TTech stadium. I

have two brothers that stay their and I will give them a call today!

Go! Vernon....

:cheerl: :cheerl:

angelglow48
11-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Snyder and Vernon will be playing in Lubbock at the Lowry Field!:cool: