PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater & Wylie

TigerPride
11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Get out those basketballs. All three 7-3a teams, done. All three 3-3a teams still in the chase. Sure is going to be quite around here with yall done. GO TIGERS!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I disagree...Texarkana L-E is the best 9-3 team in the state ;)

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 06:04 PM
You mean these?
http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/886/basketball7pk.gif http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/886/basketball7pk.gif

Snyder_TigerFan
11-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Sweetwater07 and stownhorse, I'd say that I'm going to miss you, but hell, I'd be lying.:D

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Dang!!! Yall are HARSH!!

But....this is EXACTLY why I don't talk smack on here!!

Well...I did that one week, but all involved knew it was just in fun!!:p :p

GreenMonster
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Now you guys know what we've been going through up here in district 6. Our big school rep gave Canyon all they could handle last week, Vernon was our 3rd place team and they wallopped Sweetwater, and Graham may just do the very same thing to Sanger this evening. Top to bottom District 6 was the most evenly matched in the state.

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Sweetwater07 and stownhorse, I'd say that I'm going to miss you, but hell, I'd be lying.:D

same here lol

TigerPride
11-25-2006, 09:52 PM

You forgot about mustang 04,although he doesn't post as much as them. He must be working on his poems. GO TIGERS!!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

mustang04
11-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
You forgot about mustang 04,although he doesn't post as much as them. He must be working on his poems. GO TIGERS!!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

haha, arent you the funny guy...besides, i don't quite make the radical posts that sweetwater07 and stownhorse make....i do, however, like how you swing in every other blue moon to take your jab then go...stick around for a bit:D

WTF-82
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Get out those basketballs. All three 7-3a teams, done. All three 3-3a teams still in the chase. Sure is going to be quite around here with yall done. GO TIGERS!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

Dont worry yall be done this week. Not impressed with Snyder at all monahans just threw the game away. Dont take this wrong good football team but not December football state champion.

Monahans just made 3 mistakes that gave the game away but one of those on bounce outside was a great play.

TigerPride
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Dont worry yall be done this week. Not impressed with Snyder at all monahans just threw the game away. Dont take this wrong good football team but not December football state champion.

Monahans just made 3 mistakes that gave the game away but one of those on bounce outside was a great play.

I would tell you to jump on Sweetwater bandwagon, but there done. You sound like you belong on their side, with all your EXCUSES why yall lost the game. Give us credit! GO TIGERS!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 10:33 PM
With all do respect, Snyder and Greenwood haven't had to play near as tough teams in the playoffs that Sweetwater and Wylie did. Thats not their fault, but it is what it is.

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
With all do respect, Snyder and Greenwood haven't had to play near as tough teams in the playoffs that Sweetwater and Wylie did. Thats not their fault, but it is what it is. Your opinion and you have every right to it, but Greenwood and Snyder had nothing to do with the UIL re-alignment.

TigerPride
11-25-2006, 10:37 PM
With all do respect, Snyder and Greenwood haven't had to play near as tough teams in the playoffs that Sweetwater and Wylie did. Thats not their fault, but it is what it is.

LOL, you just made my point. EXCUSES, GO TIGERS!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Your opinion and you have every right to it, but Greenwood and Snyder had nothing to do with the UIL re-alignment.

Exactly, thats why I pointed it out. And before I get ripped, I do hope that Snyder and Greenwood continue their runs.

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Exactly, thats why I pointed it out. And before I get ripped, I do hope that Snyder and Greenwood continue their runs. I for one am not ripping you, just making a counterpoint. It's all good.:thumbsup:

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 10:39 PM
LOL, you just made my point. EXCUSES, GO TIGERS!!(the best 9-3 team in the state)

Now come on Tigerpride, be objective. I havent made excuses why Sweetwater and Wylie lost. I just pointed out that Decatur, Canyon, Argyle, and Vernon are better teams than Seminole, Brownfield, Clint, and Monahans. Monahans was a great quality win for Snyder, but the rest aren't really comparable.

Tiger Baseball
11-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Here ya go *** even Sweetwater thinks your not a tough team. So your crying about Monahans giving this game away ain't going to get it. You get no respect from this board, so just shut up!

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 10:45 PM

Monahans just made 3 mistakes that gave the game away but one of those on bounce outside was a great play. Last time I checked, turnovers are part of the game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Monahans is the best of the four teams above without a doubt. I dont think they would have won as many games if they were in a district with Snyder and Greenwood but they were still a pretty good team. You shouldn't try to discount their success. They gave Snyder all they wanted - and the better team won the game, right?

Snydertigersrul
11-25-2006, 10:49 PM

Mistakes in the playoffs usually result into losing. Snyder and Greenwood has played whover was in the bracket and WON. You sound like someone making excusing for losing. I'm laughing now that Greenwood and Snyder may be playing for the regional championship.

Tiger Baseball
11-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Here is something else you can read and make excuses.

Clay's fourth-down run seals Snyder win
BY DOUG HENSLEY
A-J ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR

Snyder needed only a yard to put its area-round playoff game on ice Friday night. Instead, the Tigers got icing.

That's because junior running back Will Clay scampered 55 yards on a fourth-and-1 play with 2:32 remaining, providing Snyder with an insurance touchdown during its 21-7 victory against Monahans in a Class 3A Division II contest at Lowrey Field.

"Our offensive line wanted to keep pounding the ball," Snyder head coach Chad Rogers said. "We wanted to keep doing it. We got away from it after the first couple of series, but you have to believe in what the kids want to do."

That belief extended to the crucial fourth-down play, Rogers said, because the Tigers were convinced they could gain the first down and keep the clock ticking.

"That was a huge time to do that," Rogers said after his District 3-3A champions improved to 9-3 this season. "We were looking at a fourth-down play from our own 40."

Snyder advances to the regional semifinals where it will face the winner of today's Sweetwater-Vernon game at a time, date and site to be determined. Monahans, the District 1-3A champ that had pinned a 12-7 setback on Snyder in the opening week of the season, finished 9-2.

The Loboes had not allowed more than seven points in their past six games and also recorded three shutouts. It looked like this one was headed to overtime with the game tied 7-7 midway through the final quarter.

With 8:06 remaining, Mona-hans advanced from its own 29 to the Snyder 30 but turned the ball over after quarterback Steven Valles failed to find a receiver with a fourth-down pass.

"Our defense played with a lot of confidence tonight," Rogers said of his ball-hawking unit that came up with four interceptions. "When you're facing a great football team like we were, playing with confidence is very important."

Snyder's defense got an immediate jolt of confidence a play later when Clay took the ball right and got around the corner before outracing the Monahans defense for a 70-yard touchdown. Lance Day added the point-after, and suddenly, the Tigers were ahead 14-7 with 5:25 remaining.

"Our defense knew we needed to step up, and we had guys who came up with big plays tonight," said Day, who picked off two passes and returned one 64 yards for a momentum-swinging touchdown just before the first half ended. "We came through when we had to. The defense played a great game, and the offense made plays. It was a great overall effort."

The Loboes, though, weren't through. On the ensuing possession, Monahans took over at its 30, and Kenny Almanza hit Sean Merrick with a screen pass that went 29 yards to the Snyder 41. The drive fizzled from there, and Almanza was intercepted by Lucas Munoz three plays later.

"We never could get any offensive consistency," Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said. "But Snyder had a lot to do with that. Give their defense credit. We wanted to throw the ball some, but we didn't have a lot of time to throw it. Their defensive line did a great job of keeping pressure on us."

The Tigers took over at their own 36 with 3:28 left and the seven-point lead. Three plays gained 9 yards, and that set the stage for Clay, who broke free at the line of scrimmage and scored again. Clay finished with 149 yards on eight tries as the Tigers amassed 279 rushing yards.

Monahans got the ball back at its 20 with 2:32 remaining and fading hopes. Despite that, Valles fashioned a spirited march as the Loboes moved to the Snyder 17. However, Day got his second interception of the night with 37 seconds left, extinguishing the comeback hopes.

The teams sparred with each other throughout the first half, and the Loboes, who finished with 346 total yards, drew first blood late in the second quarter. Monahans moved 72 yards in 12 plays to a 1-yard plunge by Josh Rodriguez with 5:26 left before intermission. Rodriguez, the Loboes' bruising senior running back, finished with 119 yards on 21 carries.

It appeared Monahans was closing in for the kill in the final two minutes of the half. The team was moving steadily downfield when Almanza was hit by Snyder's Tony Perales just as he released the ball. The pass fluttered into Day's arms, and he scooted to the game-tying touchdown with 58 seconds left in the second quarter.

"They made big plays throughout the game," Owens said. "They made big plays, and we didn't make enough of them."

Technoredneck
11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Monahans is the best of the four teams above without a doubt. I dont think they would have won as many games if they were in a district with Snyder and Greenwood but they were still a pretty good team. You shouldn't try to discount their success. They gave Snyder all they wanted - and the better team won the game, right?

'nuff said!

wildstangs
11-25-2006, 10:58 PM
My opinion - not that it matters more than anyone else's - is that the Snyder - Vernon winner goes on to win the Region.

mrescape43
11-25-2006, 11:30 PM

What an ignorant turd!

snydertiger02
11-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

i dissagree with you. You dont know crap about snyder do you!

snydertiger02
11-26-2006, 12:58 AM

your just mad because snyder is better than getto monahans. sweetwater said the same thing about us playin monahans that we would win brownfield and then loose to monahans you idiots need to jus shutup.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 01:06 AM

Monahans would have given any of the above listed teams a run for their money, After the way Sweetwater played tonight, I'd put my money on the loboes.

As for Wylie, I was wrong. I was sure they'd be in the state championship game. But no they got beat tonight by Canyon. A team that got beat in Snyder not long ago. I have great respect for all these teams, but Ya'll don't think for a second that Snyder can't hold there own.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by snydertiger02
your just mad because snyder is better than getto monahans. sweetwater said the same thing about us playin monahans that we would win brownfield and then loose to monahans you idiots need to jus shutup.

I like Monahans and don't consider them ghetto at all.

If I am remembering correctly, *** is previously from Monahans ( I may be off base here)....so anything he posts is going to be from a somewhat "homers" point of view...I just take it with a grain of salt!!

If Greenwood's road stops here..then that's where it stops. I'm not gonna get on here and start making excuses to the hows and whys of it!!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 01:15 AM
My opinion - not that it matters more than anyone else's - is that the Snyder - Vernon winner goes on to win the Region.

You could be right, but don't forget about Gwood and Graham.

Two very tuff teams!

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
You could be right, but don't forget about Gwood and Graham.

Two very tuff teams!

Wildstangs was actually at the Greenwood/Graham at the first of the season.

I think what he is saying is the neither Greenwood OR Graham has a chance against either of those teams. (Snyder or Vernon)!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wildstangs was actually at the Greenwood/Graham at the first of the season.

I think what he is saying is the neither Greenwood OR Graham has a chance against either of those teams. (Snyder or Vernon)!

Well I think he wrong if that's what he's sayin. Monahans went 9-1 in the regular season losing to Graham only with tuff wins over tuff teams including Snyder. Greenwood also went 9-1 with there only loss coming to Snyder. Monahans and Greenwood both are outstanding football teams. Graham beating Monahans proves that they better be taken seriously as well.

I'm certianly biased towards Snyder, but I realize that this is the playoffs. Vernon proved tonight that anything can happen. They also made a statement with the lopsided win over the stangs.

Any one of these four teams could be the reigon rep. It is absolutely more competitive than I would have ever imagined.

But anyway, what the heck do I know?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Well I think he wrong if that's what he's sayin. Monahans went 9-1 in the regular season losing to Graham only with tuff wins over tuff teams including Snyder. Greenwood also went 9-1 with there only loss coming to Snyder. Monahans and Greenwood both are outstanding football teams. Graham beating Monahans proves that they better be taken seriously as well.

I'm certianly biased towards Snyder, but I realize that this is the playoffs. Vernon proved tonight that anything can happen. They also made a statement with the lopsided win over the stangs.

Any one of these four teams could be the reigon rep. It is absolutely more competitive than I would have ever imagined.

But anyway, what the heck do I know?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

I like your assessment very much!!:D

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 01:31 AM
I like your assessment very much!!:D

Thanks RM, You could learn alot from a dummy!

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 01:34 AM
Thanks RM, You could learn alot from a dummy!

:eek: :eek: That doesn't say a whole lot for MY intelligence, does it??

J/K!!

I knew what you were saying!!:D

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 01:36 AM
:eek: :eek: That doesn't say a whole lot for MY intelligence, does it??

J/K!!

I knew what you were saying!!:D

lol

NDFootball
11-26-2006, 01:57 AM
i dissagree with you. You dont know crap about snyder do you!

LE would destroy Snyder

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Sure hope we get to find out on the football field

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
LE would destroy Snyder

LE and Snyder both need to focus on the task at hand.

KTA
11-26-2006, 02:10 AM

Dont forget about Graham beating Vernon in district

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 02:10 AM

Where are we going? and only a snyder tiger would start this thread....kinda sad

Snyder_TigerFan
11-26-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Where are we going?

...to play basketball.

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 02:32 AM
...to play basketball.

I dont play.....and Ill still be yakin on tha downlow

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 02:33 AM

Just wondering who they lost too?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-26-2006, 02:37 AM
I dont play.....and Ill still be yakin on tha downlow

oh, well in that case....to watch basketball.

RMAC
11-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Where are we going? and only a snyder tiger would start this thread....kinda sad

Dude, don't get on here and try to act like you haven't been running your mouth since August. Just take it and move on with life. Guess what, football season starts again in about 8 months. You and '07 gave Sweetwater the title in September. At least you'll still be here and prove you do care. We can all repect you for that.

Stownhorse
11-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Just wondering who they lost too?

I know gilmer is one...then LE beat Gilmer 1st round

3afan
11-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Dang!!! Yall are HARSH!!

yes - isnt it amazing how even some "adults" digress to middle school tactics on here .... :rolleyes:

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Now come on Tigerpride, be objective. I havent made excuses why Sweetwater and Wylie lost. I just pointed out that Decatur, Canyon, Argyle, and Vernon are better teams than Seminole, Brownfield, Clint, and Monahans. Monahans was a great quality win for Snyder, but the rest aren't really comparable.

Snyder defeated Canyon by 10.

howboutthat
11-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Snyder defeated Canyon by 10.

Are you sure? I could've sworn it was only by 3 (http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/schedules/games/75/results/) .

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 12:18 PM
That game was 35-32, Snyder

3afan
11-26-2006, 04:43 PM
nm

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
My bad. I had the score confused with another game.

Snydertigersrul
11-26-2006, 05:13 PM

All I know that the great Sweetwater and Wylie are both packing the equipment up for the season and the Snyder Tigers are still playing. :clap:

DOS EQUIS
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Sweetwater and Wylie had good seasons this year. I expected more out of both. They had their chances to advance. Better luck next year. I guess I need to find a bandwagon to jump on for the rest of the season.

Snydertigersrul
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
Sweetwater and Wylie had good seasons this year. I expected more out of both. They had their chances to advance. Better luck next year. I guess I need to find a bandwagon to jump on for the rest of the season.

I remember posts from earlier in the season that Sweetwater would WALK through Region 1. They are working, right back to the fieldhouse and to the gym for basketball. Come and join the Snyder bandwagon.

DOS EQUIS
11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I remember posts from earlier in the season that Sweetwater would WALK through Region 1. They are working, right back to the fieldhouse and to the gym for basketball. Come and join the Snyder bandwagon.

Yeah SOME people talk too much. Some are either over confident or under the influence of stupidity. I believe in Sweetwaters talent. They still impressed me. They need to be retaught some some of the fundamentals of football. I don't know about being on the Snyder bandwagon, it just doesn't seem right. I'll probably go help air up the basketballs, :-)

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 06:02 PM
i dissagree with you. You dont know crap about snyder do you! I know Texarkana L-E knocked off Gilmer the #1 team in the state :)

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 06:08 PM
I know Texarkana L-E knocked off Gilmer the #1 team in the state :)

Maybe they were the team that had the most stud athletes but they didn't play well as a team.

charlesrixey
11-26-2006, 06:50 PM
this is some of the worst rabid fan crap ever

who cares?

Snyder won't win reach the state final anyway, much less win it. So to slam rivals who have already lost is pretty bad taste

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah SOME people talk too much. Some are either over confident or under the influence of stupidity. I believe in Sweetwaters talent. They still impressed me. They need to be retaught some some of the fundamentals of football. I don't know about being on the Snyder bandwagon, it just doesn't seem right. I'll probably go help air up the basketballs, :-)

You go right ahead and air up those roundballs as Snyder continues to play football! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
this is some of the worst rabid fan crap ever

who cares?

Snyder won't win reach the state final anyway, much less win it. So to slam rivals who have already lost is pretty bad taste

You are an ignorant loser!

DOS EQUIS
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
You go right ahead and air up those roundballs as Snyder continues to play football! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

okay

its_n_D_water
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
snyder joins sweetwater and wylie pretty soon....

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
snyder joins sweetwater and wylie pretty soon.... Eventually a lot of teams will.:D :D

Cameron Crazy
11-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Eventually a lot of teams will.:D :D Yes sir!

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Yes sir! That was a pretty smart observation on my part, don't you think C??:D :D

Snydertigersrul
11-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Sweetwater will begin airing up the basketballs Monday while Snyder returns to the football practice field

mrescape43
11-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Sweetwater will begin airing up the basketballs Monday while Snyder returns to the football practice field

No need to talk this way. The Mustangs had a bad game and came up on the short end of the stick. Lets just support our Tigers and hope for 3 more wins!

SideBurnWillie
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Where the heck is the Butkus Brothers? :confused:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-26-2006, 09:58 PM

GO SNYDER TIGERS!!!!!

snydertiger02
11-27-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
Dont forget about Graham beating Vernon in district

graham beat vernon greenwood beat graham snyder beat greenwood but you cant look at it that way best of luck to graham, greenwood this round.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2006, 01:36 AM
And Snyder would have handed Sweetwater there @$$ if given the oppertunity. :D

Black_Magic
11-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Monahans just made 3 mistakes that gave the game away but one of those on bounce outside was a great play. Come on :rolleyes: . If you were at the game and you are refering to 3 mistakes ( I asume your talking about the 3 interceptions) You have to know that on all three your QB was hit as he was throwing the ball... The balls go off course when that happens. that makes them FORCED. Snyder D took controle of the game period