PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny VS Liberty Hill

Dogs_21
11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Take your Pick on this Game!!!

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Sweeny may be good, but can't stop the run...LH will run it down their throat...:thinking:
Panthers by 3 tds.

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Liberty Hill

neck_06
11-25-2006, 05:15 PM
i'm taking the district 24 rep. sweeny.

any word on when and where this game is going to be played?

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking College Station maybe? Not sure

g$$
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
No word yet on date & site. Probably B/CS.

Rooting for Sweeny, gonna be a tough game for sure. LH is a solid team & battle-tested. That is why you play the game on the field.

tigerpride_08
11-25-2006, 05:52 PM
i would love to see Sweeny win...but i think Liberty Hill is gonna be to much...

Pudlugger
11-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I think Sweeny can hang with LH. They definately can stop the run! I'm looking for an upset. Sweeny in another OT squeeker, their specialty!:D

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 06:35 PM
ive seen LH play and they seem pretty good so im going to take them in this one

Chris Hart
11-25-2006, 06:43 PM
The Monster continues to roll, this time by 21...

g$$
11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I think Sweeny can hang with LH. They definately can stop the run! I'm looking for an upset. Sweeny in another OT squeeker, their specialty!:D

How many OT games has Sweeny played? I know of 3, winning 2 of them. Am I missing one?

Sweeny has won 10 straight games, that I do know.

g$$
11-25-2006, 06:56 PM
If you have confirmation, please post when the date & site is determined for this game.

Thanks...

LHPfactory
11-25-2006, 07:16 PM
LH in a good one.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 07:41 PM
We played both teams last year and only LH again this year (so no first hand knowledge of Sweeny this year) Both teams are very good and well coached but I think LH will wear down Sweeny by the end of the 3rd quarter - I say LH wins by 14

Dogs_21
11-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Liberty Hill better have some speed...because the dogs can move

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Liberty Hill better have some speed...because the dogs can move
We have no speed. Didn't you hear? We're slow...oh yeah, and overrated. :devil: :devil:

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We have no speed. Didn't you hear? We're slow...oh yeah, and overrated. :devil: :devil:

oh yeah, us too...must be a bunch of that going around...:D :clap: :D

Panther One
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Here we go with the speed thing again...

And what I've heard is Saturday, 2pm at Bryan Viking Stadium.

rundoe
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
You run over a dog a few times, he'll slow down.
:devil: :devil:

IHStangFan
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Sweeny takes it...theyre UNDERrated bigtime

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Sweeny takes it...theyre UNDERrated bigtime
Well, we're "overrated" I hear, so should be about even now. :p

rundoe
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
and we have MORE cowbells than you, lol.

IHStangFan
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, we're "overrated" I hear, so should be about even now. :p LOL....honestly, I think it should be a great game....you have LH who gave Cuero all they wanted, then you have Sweeny that comes out of District 24-3A w/ Wharton, Needville, West Columbia, etc. and totally dominated the district...should be a great game.

IHStangFan
11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
and we have MORE cowbells than you, lol. the hell you say!! :p

rundoe
11-25-2006, 10:10 PM
no doubt about it. More cowbells
And I agree its gonna be a foot game!!

IHStangFan
11-25-2006, 10:11 PM
no doubt about it. More cowbells
And I agree its gonna be a foot game!! did you happen to catch that i'm the "master of cowbell?" LOL

rundoe
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Not counting the rookie bells around her, LHPanter Mom has to rivel you on that "master" title.

lol Good thing this is print, cause I still can't hear from her ringing today!!!!!!!!

carter08
11-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Hoping to stay with family Friday and go see this game Saturday, but anyways...

Sweeny has a very good team, led by a very good player in Tank Carder. One of the #22 Brothers out of 24-3A

crabman
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I am not hijacking this thread but last night at the Rio Hondo Cuero game, there were no cowbells allowed by mutual agreement of the coaches. No artificial noisemakers of any kind, whatsoever.

I thought that was very unusual.

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 11:22 PM
i voted for sweeny and i hope to death that they win but i just think LH is too much for them.

I hope im wrong.:(

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 11:23 PM
i think im gonna add sweeny into my little tag thing.

rundoe
11-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Not counting the rookie bells around her, LHPanter Mom has to rivel you on that "master" title.

lol Good thing this is print, cause I still can't hear from her ringing today!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 07:28 AM

Try turning on your hearing aid. :p :D

Uncle Buck
11-26-2006, 10:42 AM
What this thread needs ...............is more Cow Bell.

LHMom
11-26-2006, 10:48 AM
"Da-linga-ling-a-ling" GO PANTHERS!

sinton66
11-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by crabman
I am not hijacking this thread but last night at the Rio Hondo Cuero game, there were no cowbells allowed by mutual agreement of the coaches. No artificial noisemakers of any kind, whatsoever.

I thought that was very unusual.

That is CCISD policy. They don't allow tortilla tossing either.

espn1
11-26-2006, 11:43 AM
LH will win this one by 3 td's.

manormustangs
11-26-2006, 12:30 PM
liberty hill wins in a blowout....central texas is too tough.

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
That is CCISD policy. They don't allow tortilla tossing either.

and that's fine, it's their facility - but it would have been nice if they would have made that clear BEFORE they let us in the stadium with all our "gear" We (and the RH folks too) were good citizens and put down our noisemakers and didn't use them (much ) during the game....... We have played some places and they send word in writing to the AD and or Supt office what will and will not be allowed at the stadium........ I enjoyed the stadium with the nice high backs on the bleachers :)

ps - we ate at the Butter Churn on the way down there - excellent veggies :)

Dogs_21
11-26-2006, 03:13 PM
We will see on Saturday what happens...

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 04:48 PM
:cheerl: GO PANTHERS GO!!! :cheerl:

dawgs11
11-26-2006, 08:23 PM
lets see how many bells them bulldogs have come saturday LH doesnt know who they've messed with

IHStangFan
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by espn1
LH will win this one by 3 td's. I'm quoting this so I can bring it back up later..... :)

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm quoting this so I can bring it back up later..... :)
Go for it! He's not from here. :p

IHStangFan
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Go for it! He's not from here. :p LOL...I WILL then! I think this game has the potential to be the GOTW!! If it is webcast lemme know!

wedo
11-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
liberty hill wins in a blowout....central texas is too tough.

Thats funny! I'd have to say the best Texas football is on the coast south and south east Texas. I'm taking sweny is this one only b/c they have the TANK! He will be too much for LH.

dawgs11
11-26-2006, 10:29 PM
i agree ... noone has stoped tank all year ... and i dont belive anyone can

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by dawgs11
Maybe we can't stop him....but maybe we can. I guess we'll show up and play the game, anyway.

pancho villa
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM
I say the O-line coaches have a belly bumping contest before the game to see who gets the ball first.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I say the O-line coaches have a belly bumping contest before the game to see who gets the ball first.
I'm thinking we could win that. :D

Old Tiger
11-27-2006, 12:01 AM
LH is GOOD!

Centextrash
11-27-2006, 12:51 AM
I'd bet on LH's O-line coach;)

Who-dun-it!!?
11-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Looks like LH is blowing out there opponants. Don't know much else about them. Sweeny's playoff wins seem to be a bit less lopsided.

I'll Go with LH.

catman
11-27-2006, 07:45 AM
I've seen both teams.

I'll take the Panthers in this one by 2 TDs.

LHPfactory
11-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Thats funny! I'd have to say the best Texas football is on the coast south and south east Texas. I'm taking sweny is this one only b/c they have the TANK! He will be too much for LH.

Tank is gonna meet Cody , nuff said

pancho villa
11-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash
I'd bet on LH's O-line coach;)

I would go with LH O-line coach by a "slim" margin.

firstcat
11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, and I'm willing to bet that Cody has a "Lottamore" than Tank can handle!
Sorry, I'm biased!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

LHMom
11-27-2006, 10:15 AM
LOL. A "lottamore." good one!

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Sweeny wins because they have really cool uniforms

Dogs_21
11-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Tank ain't worried about Cody are who ever.....Don't get in the Tank way are be Ran over!!!!

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I have been hearing about this Tank kid for a few years. Or was there another Tank that I'm confusing him with?? Anyone have his stats available or a link to them??

Should be a good game!!

GO PANTHERS!!!

carter08
11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
There is no way Sweeny can win
They play in District 24-3A, which is super weak. I mean, its not like there are any other teams from that district still playing :rolleyes:

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by carter08
There is no way Sweeny can win
They play in District 24-3A, which is super weak. I mean, its not like there are any other teams from that district still playing :rolleyes:

i totally agree

wink wink....

g$$
11-27-2006, 06:22 PM
LH posters: tell me the origin of this 4 headed monster running attack name? Is that a version of the old single wing?

Tank Carder is legit, but these will be 2 well-coached TEAMS going at it. In fact, LH has a former Sweeny coach on staff & really good guy to boot. No cheating on scouting reports Coach D! Just kidding. This time of year there are no secrets anyway.

What else should I know about LH? Key players, key injuries, offense/defense, special teams, any other notes? Should be fun & exciting hs football game & looks to be cold too.

Thanks, see ya at the game.

LHMom
11-27-2006, 06:56 PM
The LH offense was named the four-headed monster a few years back. Lawhorn, Escamilla, Kociuba and Hansen (QB.) The names have changed but the monster lives on!

manormustangs
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dawgs11

even if LH didnt stop him .....there is no way yall could keep up with LH.....if yall could score 50+ then yall will have a chance....LH has like 3 running backs that are going to go over 150 yards each easily..

remember there two loses are to state ranked #1 cuero and last years state champs wimberley ..and they lost to both by a small margin.....

g$$
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
even if LH didnt stop him .....there is no way yall could keep up with LH.....if yall could score 50+ then yall will have a chance....LH has like 3 running backs that are going to go over 150 yards each easily..

LH may very well win this game. But, there is no way 3 kids will all go over 150 (x3 = 450+ yds.) in this ballgame. Sweeny has athletes & a much longer tradition & history of football than LH too. Sweeny has won 43 playoff games overall & has a State Title too on its resume'.

I am not knocking LH at all. Very good team & it will be tough to beat them. But you are knocking Sweeny & that is why you play the game.

Sweeny has put 9 guys in the NFL, with another to be drafted this Spring in Johnnie Lee Higgins of UTEP. Area is known to produce talent.

Coach Zajicek has a career record of 111-45-7 (right at 70% winning). I guarantee you his team will show up & be ready to play. Will they win? It will be a tough game against a quality opponent. May the best team win.

manormustangs
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
LH may very well win this game. But, there is no way 3 kids will all go over 150 (x3 = 450+ yds.) in this ballgame. Sweeny has athletes & a much longer tradition & history of football than LH too. Sweeny has won 43 playoff games overall & has a State Title too on its resume'.

I am not knocking LH at all. Very good team & it will be tough to beat them. But you are knocking Sweeny & that is why you play the game.

Sweeny has put 9 guys in the NFL, with another to be drafted this Spring in Johnnie Lee Higgins of UTEP. Area is known to produce talent.

Coach Zajicek has a career record of 111-45-7 (right at 70% winning). I guarantee you his team will show up & be ready to play. Will they win? It will be a tough game against a quality opponent. May the best team win.

it will be a good game

for LIBERTY HILL.........

g$$
11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Very well-thought out & deep post Manor. You are full of insight & knowledge.

Your #s still are way off too. Hope you come to the game & sit near me. That would be fun.

It will be a tough game, LH should be slightly favored. We'll see what happens.

Centextrash
11-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Tank is a stud. If I knew stats, I'd nominate him for POTW.
I'd say 25 tackles, and 200 yards rushing.

Are they closing stewarts Sat for the game?

When is the town pep rally?

pancho villa
11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Sweeny will close the town down. I just hope nobody loots all the empty homes.

g$$
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM

Thursday Pep Rally as usual I believe. I live in Houston so no go for me! Maybe Mel can get a little "Everywhere we go...".

I believe Stewart's stays open but shoes are still optional...maybe Dairy Mart closes down for the game!

Should be a good one vs. the boys from LH.

Centextrash
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Sweeny will close the town down. I just hope nobody loots all the empty homes.

And steal the broke down washing machines in the front yard?

Wait, are talking about Shady Acres or Old Ocean?

Everyone will be at the game, so no one will be there to steal anything....unles they are from Dub C....

Centextrash
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thursday Pep Rally as usual I believe. I live in Houston so no go for me! Maybe Mel can get a little "Everywhere we go...".

I believe Stewart's stays open but shoes are still optional...maybe Dairy Mart closes down for the game!

Should be a good one vs. the boys from LH.

Man... I miss MEL.. I was wonder who that old Ball boy was....

How about smoking in the check out lines at Stewarts? That was always a special moment, especially when the smoker is barefoot & pregnant.

It will be a low scoring game...cause both offenses will grind it out. Probably one of the fastest games this year!

Best of Luck Dogs & Cats..

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
LH posters: tell me the origin of this 4 headed monster running attack name? Is that a version of the old single wing?

Tank Carder is legit, but these will be 2 well-coached TEAMS going at it. In fact, LH has a former Sweeny coach on staff & really good guy to boot. No cheating on scouting reports Coach D! Just kidding. This time of year there are no secrets anyway.

What else should I know about LH? Key players, key injuries, offense/defense, special teams, any other notes? Should be fun & exciting hs football game & looks to be cold too.

Thanks, see ya at the game.
I know the one....and he is a good guy. :)

Slot-t offense...defense - beats me. No injuries (knock on wood). Key players - hmmmmm. I guess you're wanting the names you'll hear on the PA. Offense - Perrin (QB), Bode (TB), Post (HB) & Allman (FB). Defense - DE's Poitier & Rogers, LB's Lattimore, Mings & Holbein, safeties/corners Gonzales, Cole, Cardenas. Several others switch in & out thoughout the game. I honestly can't tell you "who" starts on defense at some spots because of the frequency of changes.

Good kicker & return guys - punter is pretty good, but not used a lot. Of course, I can't leave out the OL. Without them, the "monster" isn't the same.

tigerpride_08
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
i always forget...which one hit the 2 homeruns against us last year in our area round in baseball...i think it was Bode...

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Man... I miss MEL.. I was wonder who that old Ball boy was....

How about smoking in the check out lines at Stewarts? That was always a special moment, especially when the smoker is barefoot & pregnant.

It will be a low scoring game...cause both offenses will grind it out. Probably one of the fastest games this year!

Best of Luck Dogs & Cats..

Leave Judy J. out of this! Yes, as my girlfriend told me upon her 1st visit home, Stewart's is a scary place that reminded her of '80s rejects. You see all kinds in that joint.

Hey - Mel is a "volunteer" ball boy & official referee yeller/get back coach. He got all over one linesman last week! Good times. Love that man too.

Fast game huh? Grind it out & very little passing.

Good luck to both teams & safe travels. Take care.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure, but that sounds right.

g$$
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I know the one....and he is a good guy. :)

Slot-t offense...defense - beats me. No injuries (knock on wood). Key players - hmmmmm. I guess you're wanting the names you'll hear on the PA. Offense - Perrin (QB), Bode (TB), Post (HB) & Allman (FB). Defense - DE's Poitier & Rogers, LB's Lattimore, Mings & Holbein, safeties/corners Gonzales, Cole, Cardenas. Several others switch in & out thoughout the game. I honestly can't tell you "who" starts on defense at some spots because of the frequency of changes.

Good kicker & return guys - punter is pretty good, but not used a lot. Of course, I can't leave out the OL. Without them, the "monster" isn't the same.

Thanks LH Mom. Good stuff.

Sweeny - La Grange thread has all you would ever want on Sweeny & then some. Tank Carder is our horse. Multiple on offense, base 4-3 on defense but will deviate as needed. Kicking game with Carder is a weapon for us. He does all the kicking too & has a big leg. Pretty good size & speed on both sides of the ball.

I hope LH will have to punt some this weeekend!

Thanks again.

Panther One
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Nick Schrock hit the homeruns last year. He graduated.

Liberty Hill is averaging right at 450 yards rushing per game (542 last week), so three guys going over 150 is possible, but probably won't happen, as it hasn't happened yet this season. It's also going to be tough to accumulate those kind of numbers with both teams running the ball and the clock ticking away.

This will be an interesting game for Liberty Hill, as having played so many spread teams, it'll be a little different playing Sweeney, but I do think our defense matches up to them better than a spread team. If they do line up in shotgun, we'll know what to do.

And one guy isn't going to beat us, especially defensively. With our misdirection offense, Tank is going to need A LOT of help from the other ten guys out there, or it's going to be a long night for the Bulldogs.

If our offense continues to execute like it has the past two weeks (no punts), it's going to be tough to stop. On paper, we're probably around a 3 td favorite, but games aren't played on paper. I fully expect to see the best Sweeney has to offer, so nothing is going to be given to us. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Dogs_21
11-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Tank isn't the only player the Bulldogs have. (WR-FS) Tramicah Young is a big threat, (RB)Brandon Smith also carries the ball well for the dogs. Marlin Smith on defense holds up pretty well and the Higgins brothers are awesome on the Defensive line along with big Josh Fields who also plays Fullback...So Tank isn't the only weapon so if Liberty Hill think they are just going to do them like they have done those other teams they will have the long night not the Sweeny Bulldogs....These boys or Athletes down here so you better bring your A game and leave the talk down in Liberty Hill.....

LHPfactory
11-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Its all in fun, I know Sweeny well. I played against Sweeny 6 times back in the 80's when I was a Bport Exporter, I know the Bulldogs will be ready to play 48 minutes of hard nosed football. Correction, 5 times , my senior year the predistrict game was cancelled due to a Hurricane evacuation (thats one thing I dont miss about the coast). What ever happened to Freeman, he was fast and then got in a car wreck or something?

necks_c/09
11-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$

very well put! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

necks_c/09
11-28-2006, 09:09 AM

Wait, are talking about Shady Acres or Old Ocean?

Everyone will be at the game, so no one will be there to steal anything....unles they are from Dub C....

whats that supposed to mean???:thinking: :thinking:

pancho villa
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Don't leave your mower in the front yard! Oh never mind it dont work anyway.

scrub c
11-28-2006, 10:24 AM

did somebody say free dishwashers ???

g$$
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Its all in fun, I know Sweeny well. I played against Sweeny 6 times back in the 80's when I was a Bport Exporter, I know the Bulldogs will be ready to play 48 minutes of hard nosed football. Correction, 5 times , my senior year the predistrict game was cancelled due to a Hurricane evacuation (thats one thing I dont miss about the coast). What ever happened to Freeman, he was fast and then got in a car wreck or something?

Hurricane game cancelled was my senior year ('88-89). We eventually lost in the State Semis after a rough start & lots of changes (started #3 in State). Oh so much talent that year. The following year they lost in the Quarter-Finals.

Paul Free (RB) is who you speak of, my age & tremendous natural athlete. Kid ran legit sub 4.5 & strong as a horse. Terrible car accident, plate & screws in hip, never played again. Obviously recruiters backed off too. He had some legal problems but now is out working & doing much better. Paul was a good guy with very little direction at home. He was a beast when healthy. Matter of fact, we lost our top 2 TBs before the season ever started!

Number of kids off that team went on to play college ball. Chris Jordan was our main guy at FB/LB. He had over 200 yds. in loss to Navasota in Semis. He outgained their whole team, but a couple of mistakes cost us the game. Still hurts. SLC in Austin was next for us. Would have been fun to give it a shot.

Big Daddy
11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Tank isn't the only player the Bulldogs have. (WR-FS) Tramicah Young is a big threat, (RB)Brandon Smith also carries the ball well for the dogs. Marlin Smith on defense holds up pretty well and the Higgins brothers are awesome on the Defensive line along with big Josh Fields who also plays Fullback...So Tank isn't the only weapon so if Liberty Hill think they are just going to do them like they have done those other teams they will have the long night not the Sweeny Bulldogs....These boys or Athletes down here so you better bring your A game and leave the talk down in Liberty Hill.....
Don't forget about The O-Line With big COLBY Making holes you can drive a truck threw.
Go DOGS!

pololdb
11-29-2006, 04:14 AM
this will be a good game, unless

no point in that....lhpm

pancho villa
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by pololdb

Put your name on that one, you Loser.

Johnnypaycheck
11-29-2006, 08:49 AM

must be the backup's daddy...

LHPfactory
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
My bad I must have added man to Free somewhere in the past two decades. Yeah he was good. We had lots of talent to, and went undefeated in 7th and 8th grade (A team), lost 1 in 9th , undefeated on JV by JR and SR seasons on varsity we started loosing. Most Brazosport players had a lousy work ethic . Me and a few others would spend alot of time in the field house getting better, getting ready, but most of the guys I played with would rather smoke dope and be lazy... Talent dwindles and the kids in great programs like Sweeny began beating the pants off of us. I guess we both graduated in 89. I remember playing yall in Sweeny my Jr year, our Tail back was high during that game and was getting stuffed. He was cussing at the O-line and blaming everyone in the county. Saturday morning film showed the O-line opening up huge holes where we were supposed to, He was too high to find the holes. Our coaches allowed talented players to get away with alot, I think they would have been better off cultivating motivated and dedicated players. My senior season was a huge disappointment for me, we had no leadership, no unity, just abunch of individuals making excuses and blaming each other. The "Freeport Mentality" is probably why the program is in the condition it is in today, they can win games here and there, but no staying power, no grind it out week after week consistantcy. Im glad to see Sweeny and WC are still quality programs.

g$$
11-29-2006, 11:25 AM

Still bitter about 1998 Aransas Pass game?...

Sweeny's qb has done a steady job & let's please remember he is playing with a hurt shoulder.

Tommy Zajicek's career record: 111-45-7 (right at 70% winning)

Enough said, so glad to have him back in Sweeny running the show. Fine man & coach.

GATA Dogs!

g$$
11-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Don't forget about The O-Line With big COLBY Making holes you can drive a truck threw.
Go DOGS!

No doubt, big Colby Lowrie & the rest of the O-Line have all done a great job. We would not still be playing without the big boys up front.

GATA Dogs!

g$$
11-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
My bad I must have added man to Free somewhere in the past two decades. Yeah he was good. We had lots of talent to, and went undefeated in 7th and 8th grade (A team), lost 1 in 9th , undefeated on JV by JR and SR seasons on varsity we started loosing. Most Brazosport players had a lousy work ethic . Me and a few others would spend alot of time in the field house getting better, getting ready, but most of the guys I played with would rather smoke dope and be lazy... Talent dwindles and the kids in great programs like Sweeny began beating the pants off of us. I guess we both graduated in 89. I remember playing yall in Sweeny my Jr year, our Tail back was high during that game and was getting stuffed. He was cussing at the O-line and blaming everyone in the county. Saturday morning film showed the O-line opening up huge holes where we were supposed to, He was too high to find the holes. Our coaches allowed talented players to get away with alot, I think they would have been better off cultivating motivated and dedicated players. My senior season was a huge disappointment for me, we had no leadership, no unity, just abunch of individuals making excuses and blaming each other. The "Freeport Mentality" is probably why the program is in the condition it is in today, they can win games here and there, but no staying power, no grind it out week after week consistantcy. Im glad to see Sweeny and WC are still quality programs.

Great post, & I have often thought much of the same concerning Bport athletics. One of the toughest games I ever played in was surprisingly in 7th grade (A team) against y'all. It was close to the end & very hard hitting. By hs y'all were just not good for the reasons you gave. Some of those kids never grew much either.

Yes, Paul Free was special & too bad what eventually happened to him. He may have been our best RB ever, right there with Melvin Spiller from the early '80s. We have had some good ones thru the years. Sweeny has put 9 guys in the NFL with a 10th on the way this Spring in Johnnie Lee Higgins of UTEP.

Good conversation buddy, & best of luck.

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I wish both teams the best of luck, saw LH play against Cuero and man what an offense!!!
Sweeny is coming off two well deserved playoff wins and will be a team not to take lightly!
Im pullin for LH on this one, just because I wanna see a ground attack game when they might play Giddings the next week!

pololdb
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
can't disagree zajicek is a good coach. he did what the previous coach couldn't, besides if the kids shoulder is hurt, put in the back up. last week against kirbyville, when the game was on the line and he needed to move the ball, his starting quaterback was on the bench, looking like david carr when rosenfelt took his place. if you don't trust him in crunch time why should the rest of the team.

JDOG
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
this will be a good game, unless What a moron. I guess you didn't see the two minute offense against Wharton. This kid has done a great job, especially playing with an injury. If you were serious about the "one heartbeat" you would not write stupid post like this and quit being jealous and selfish and think about the team and not yourself or your kid!

carter08
11-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Go Bulldogs
Tank Carder is a special player

GATA DOGS

g$$
11-29-2006, 05:30 PM
can't disagree zajicek is a good coach. he did what the previous coach couldn't, besides if the kids shoulder is hurt, put in the back up. last week against kirbyville, when the game was on the line and he needed to move the ball, his starting quaterback was on the bench, looking like david carr when rosenfelt took his place. if you don't trust him in crunch time why should the rest of the team.

Marsh Zajicek also had a slight concussion, thus the move to Tank Carder at the end. Tank did well as always too. But Marsh only played one play in OT as Tank scored on the 1st offensive play from 25 yds. out.

After the previous regime, no one in Sweeny can say one thing about Coach Z. The man can coach, then & now. His record speaks for itself.

I have complete faith in him & his staff. If Sweeny loses, it will not be because they are not prepared. May the best team win Saturday in Bryan.

Tommy Zajicek's Overall Record as partially stated above:
111-45-7 Overall
in Sweeny 1989-1998; 2005-??
15-8-2 Playoff Record (made playoffs 10/12 years as Head Coach)
**including 2 years in 4A '96-'97 & went 2-2

Sweeny's record overall in playoffs: 43-21-4
**1966 State Champion (lost in State Finals 1983, Semifinals 1988)

Previous regime: made playoffs 3/6 years
**Zero playoff appearances in final 3 years
Playoff record: 3-3

pololdb
11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
i don't have a kid on the team, nor am i on the team, and i couldn't be anymore happy with the success that the team is having. hell i hope they make it to the state finals, it's more than i can say for the teams i played on, but i have watched this kid from junior high to high school and there is little to no improvement in his game. i was at the wharton game and if you can recall his longest pass was a 10 yard completion to number 30. yes he moved the ball that game as well as the game against columbus were he got credit for a 63 yard pass in which he only threw the ball 10 yards and the receiver did the rest, but on that drive as well as many more during the season, he had other guys wide open down the field. You make the argument that he has a bad shoulder, well would it not have benefit the team if we tried someone else at that position, he was hurt in the Santa Fe game week 1. The shoulder is never an issue until the kid throws an interception.

If you don't believe or just don't agree to what I am saying be at the game saturday, and pay attention to the passes he throws.

g$$
11-29-2006, 08:02 PM
All I am saying is this: the kid has done a good job. I am not saying he is Tom Brady reincarnated at Sweeny High School (& who the heck is?).

To move him now in favor of another would disrupt multiple positions. You would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, so to speak. Tank is needed at FB/LB/K/P...occasionally QB & TE too. You saw that last week. TZ will do whatever it takes to win a game. Marsh does his best & as long as he stays away from mistakes he will be fine. He is student of the game & will only get better IMO. (I don't have a kid or even relative on the team either, just a fan & former Bulldog)

BTW, he has nerve damage in that right shoulder from what I understand, & it will take a full off-season to heal. That is why they roll him out a lot to get more on his throws.

I think this game hinges more on Sweeny's ability to slow down LH's rushing attack than who plays QB.

To me, if it ain't broke don't fix it. GATA Dogs!

Daddy D 11
11-29-2006, 08:15 PM
IMO. ( after seeing film on Tank )

i say LH stops him with great effiency.

we have stoped multiple threat athletes this year multiple times, those have actually been our best games.

a TEAM that can spread the field and then pass AND run will always give any team fits ( Wimberley and Cuero )

TANK is slowed down and blown up by the end of the game :p

LH by 3 TD.

bring on the Buffs baby!

g$$
11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
IMO. ( after seeing film on Tank )

i say LH stops him with great effiency.

we have stoped multiple threat athletes this year multiple times, those have actually been our best games.

a TEAM that can spread the field and then pass AND run will always give any team fits ( Wimberley and Cuero )

TANK is slowed down and blown up by the end of the game :p

LH by 3 TD.

bring on the Buffs baby!

Good luck. Tank Carder is a D1 athlete with many schools courting him right now. Some will be there Saturday from what I hear. He is a hoss, but Sweeny has other athletes too.

Should be a good game. I respect LH a whole lot. No trash talk from me I assure you. Film does not always tell the whole story. Like the old coaching saying goes, "I always win when I have the chalk in my hands." Doing it on the field is a whole different deal.

Mike-Hawk
11-29-2006, 09:30 PM
i don't have a kid on the team, nor am i on the team, and i couldn't be anymore happy with the success that the team is having. hell i hope they make it to the state finals, it's more than i can say for the teams i played on, but i have watched this kid from junior high to high school and there is little to no improvement in his game. i was at the wharton game and if you can recall his longest pass was a 10 yard completion to number 30. yes he moved the ball that game as well as the game against columbus were he got credit for a 63 yard pass in which he only threw the ball 10 yards and the receiver did the rest, but on that drive as well as many more during the season, he had other guys wide open down the field. You make the argument that he has a bad shoulder, well would it not have benefit the team if we tried someone else at that position, he was hurt in the Santa Fe game week 1. The shoulder is never an issue until the kid throws an interception.

If you don't believe or just don't agree to what I am saying be at the game saturday, and pay attention to the passes he throws.

Boy I recken you is a big ol jerk. I bet u gots a truck on blocks up off in you yard.

Centextrash
11-29-2006, 10:26 PM

You sir are not very smart. Do you think you win 70% of your games by NOT playing the best player? If TZ thinks that Marsh is the best QB for the team, then EVERYONE should be behind him. He has won 10 GAMES! Do you think the Dogs think he's not the best QB???? I know those guys on that staff and I know they are smart enough to know if a kid can or cannot do it. THEY WILL NOT PLAY FAVORITES.

I tell you what, If YOU think YOU can do a better job...Get a Teaching Degree....then grab a whistle and start coaching.

Uncle Buck
11-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Uh ok...........Our "Horrible" QB is 10-0 in every varsity game that he has started and completed. The only Sweeny loses came in the 1st two games of the season when our "Horrible" QB was Injured. I'll take this kid on my team any day of the week.

Grow up.

Uncle Buck
11-29-2006, 10:45 PM
If you are an adult then you should know not to come on a website and cut down a 17 year old kid who has been fighting a shoulder injury from game one and playing his butt off. He has made no more mistakes than any other person on the Team. It just so happens that he is in the spot light at QB. Either way, leave the kid alone.

18handicap
11-29-2006, 11:39 PM
I agree also with TZ's decisions. They have been this year, and always been for the best of the team. I worked for him when he was the principal and he was the same way there too. I got to coach football when his son was in 8th grade and g$$ is right, he is a student of the game. He will always do what it takes to put the team in the best position to win, as well as the coach. It's not time to bash individual players on the team when they are this far in the playoffs with the success that he has had -- remember you are supposed to be an adult posting here and you are bashing a 16 year old kid. That's plain a$$ wrong. I hope you are at the game -- I will be -- it's right down the street from me. I want to see you bash a kid at the game where we can all hear you. Good luck TZ and the rest of the Bulldogs -- if anyone can beat LH (no disrespect Cen-tex intended), this group of kids and coaches can do it. I wish both teams luck and a great game.

Centextrash
11-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry 18..... Not gonna happen. These "Slow & Overrated" Centex Boys can play some ball.

:) I still love the dogs...and will continue to love them after the game as well.

g$$
11-30-2006, 03:54 AM

Heard from the locals back home that the "Town Pep Rally" will be held in conjunction with the Christmas tree lighting FRIDAY night! That should be a hoot.

Stewart's will still be open, shoes not required but needed in the cold weather. Cigs optional, pregnant or not. Dairy Mart & the Bulldog available for fine fare as well. Maybe you need a quick road trip to the old haunts!

4 Forks & OO right down the road for other eating/drinking options too. Natty Light available upon request.

Be safe & best of luck.

JDOG
11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Sorry 18..... Not gonna happen. These "Slow & Overrated" Centex Boys can play some ball.

:) I still love the dogs...and will continue to love them after the game as well. I don't know who is saying slow and over rated. I think the polls are saying LH by 80%. It appears the dogs have no chance!

g$$
11-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Sweeny continues hunt with Liberty Hill next

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published November 30, 2006

SWEENY — Exactly 76 days. That was the last time the Sweeny Bulldogs football squad tasted defeat.

“We surprised a lot of folks, but we are not surprising anyone anymore,” Sweeny coach Tommy Zajicek said. “I know no one is going to take us lightly. We got a legitimate chance to be a good football team and we are. There aren’t too many people playing in December, and we are lucky to be one of those playing right now.”

On a 10-game win streak, Sweeny (10-2) now ventures into Bryan Viking Stadium for a Class 3A, Region III, Division II regional game against Liberty Hill (9-2) at 2 p.m. Saturday.

In the playoffs, the Bulldogs have gotten by Kirbyville (35-28 in overtime) and La Grange (31-7). The offense rolled in the bi-district contest versus the Leopards, and the defense came up with a great stop in overtime on the highly potent Wildcat offense. A 21-point comeback in the fourth period allowed the Bulldogs to head into overtime against Kirbyville.

Unable to get enough yards on the ground, the Bulldogs went to the air with Marsh Zajicek and Tank Carder. Each connected on big plays as Sweeny threw for more than 150 yards. In a season in which Sweeny has attacked with the run, the Bulldogs added the pass to pull out their win over Kirbyville.

The last time Sweeny was in the third round of the postseason was in 2000, when the Bulldogs lost to Cameron Yoe, 28-14.

Liberty Hill has blown away both teams its faced in the playoffs — China Spring (54-27) and Crockett (56-19).

Against Crockett, the Panthers ran the ball for 521 yards. Doug Allman led the effort with 192, Sammy Post added 143 and Brent Bode finished with 133.

“I never saw them punt the ball or throw it,” Tommy Zajicek said. “They make their living off the run and have run it for 800 to 900 in the playoffs alone.”

During the regular season, Liberty Hill ran the ball for 3,797 and passed for only 179 yards, averaging 441.8 yards per game. Bode leads his team’s rushers with 1,533 yards on 150 carries and 21 touchdowns. Also better than the 1,000-yard mark is Allman, who has 1,281 yards and 22 touchdowns on 232 carries. Post has 778 yards on 120 carries and has crossed the goal line nine times.

“Most people they’ve played against haven’t been able to stop or slow them down,” Zajicek said. “We know they are going to move the football, but we hope to contain them. In that first half against Crockett, they held the ball for over 19 minutes. We have to match their scores and get some scores on them.”

Quarterback Thomas Perrin will take the snaps for Liberty Hill. He’s carried the ball for 506 yards on 59 carries. Perrin scored three times and accounted for all 179 passing yards for the Panthers. Of his 33 attempts, Perrin has completed 10 passes, two for touchdowns. He has been intercepted three times.

“This is going to be assignment football and we have to be aware of where the football is,” Zajicek said. “At times they will not know where the ball is because they do a lot of faking, and beside the two guys in the backfield they also have a guy in the slot. All three might be going in one direction, so there is going to be a lot of stuff going on back there.”

Defensively, Liberty Hill has given up 23 points in the playoffs and allowed opponents an average of 21 during the regular season.

Dustin Gonzales intercepted four passes to lead the team in that category.

The Panthers are riding a six-game win streak.

“We have to play good assignment football and tackle better than the other night,” Zajicek said. “They don’t turn the ball over a whole lot, but we have to try to force turnovers.”

Liberty Hill’s two losses this season were to Cuero, 31-27, and Wimberley, 48-44.

The winner of the Sweeny-Liberty Hill contest moves on to face the winner of the Waco LaVega-Giddings matchup.

Advance tickets for adults are $5 for students and $7 for adults. Tickets can be purchased at the athletics office or Sweeny administration office today. All tickets at the gate will be $7.

18handicap
11-30-2006, 07:35 AM
I didn't say that I predicted that the Dogs would win, but the with TZ and his staff and the way they are working together, this is the best chance they have had in a few years. After seeing the way ya'll beat up on Hutto and Cameron and knowing what they have back from seeing them beat up on us last year, I know ya'll are an exceptionally great team. I've stayed out of predicting who would win, but when I saw that somebody out there was bashing a kid personally on this board -- I had to put out my two cents. Good luck to all of you in this game -- bring your winter gear -- it's cold here now!!

Big Daddy
11-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Stewart's will still be open, shoes not required but needed in the cold weather. Cigs optional, pregnant or not. Dairy Mart & the Bulldog available for fine fare as well. Maybe you need a quick road trip to the old haunts!

4 Forks & OO right down the road for other eating/drinking options too. Natty Light available upon request.

Better watch what you say! WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

g$$
11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
OK, & really don't understand your meaning. It is an inside joke fella. No harm intended or deserved. Glad you know me too, not hiding too much on this end.

GATA Sweeny! Be safe everybody.

Big Daddy
11-30-2006, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]OK, & really don't understand your meaning. It is an inside joke fella.

What about everyone on the outside fella! Sweeny is far from a hick town. You know me too, I am just a has been 2 time nat. champion that is proud of where he is from.

g$$
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]OK, & really don't understand your meaning. It is an inside joke fella.

What about everyone on the outside fella! Sweeny is far from a hick town. You know me too, I am just a has been 2 time nat. champion that is proud of where he is from.

Sweeny is a good place to grow up & full of fine people. It was an inside joke from another board buddy, don't get so riled up. I am proud to be from Sweeny. Sorry if you took offense to a JOKE.

PM me, I can't place you. What sport NC? Thanks.

Big Daddy
11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Swimming! 6.5 300 pounds and I did say has been. That would of put you in middle school or younger.

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Swimming! 6.5 300 pounds and I did say has been. That would of put you in middle school or younger.

Since Sweeny has never had a swimming team & I don't remember any elite swimmers coming out of S-town, then you have me confused.

The only big man I know even involved with swimming does his work "coaching" them in Galveston County! Some will get that.

PM me because I do not know who the heck you are. Maybe you moved in later. And again, it was an inside joke about Stewart's. They have plenty of my $$ in that store anyway thru the years.

g$$
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh, I figured it out. What's up big man? San Marcos days under Coach Wacker. Good stuff. (I've known you my whole life & just went blank. I was in jr. high too btw. Watched those games on tv with my dad. Heck, you dated my cousin at one point!)

Who was on that staff with Wacker? Any current head coaches? Fran went there later I believe.

Hope you know I was just kidding around. I love my hometown just as you do. Did not know you did message boards! Guess we all have to kill some time. Hope you are doing well.

My girlfriend went there & I was telling her the other day about you when she mentioned those NCs in D2 (now 1-AA right?). It was something in the mail from the school.

BTW, we are all has beens these days! Maybe I will see ya at the game in Bryan. Take care.

Big Daddy
11-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I figured you would ask your brother inlaw and figure it out sooner or later. We are going up Fri. and watch W.C. and then go watch Sweeny Sat.
Go West Brazos!

g$$
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
I figured you would ask your brother inlaw and figure it out sooner or later. We are going up Fri. and watch W.C. and then go watch Sweeny Sat.
Go West Brazos!

I have not talked to any brothers-in-law seriously, Sweeny or elsewhere since Thanksgiving. I just put it together. Size & NCs gave it away. Plus how many 6'5" guys do I really know from Sweeny? That is a short list.

Be safe & maybe see ya there for both games.

formermbcouns
11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
LH

Centextrash
12-01-2006, 07:17 PM
FYI - Big daddy or anyone else,

G$$ was right, we were just kidding about Sweeny. It really is a nice community and a great place to start/raise a family. My wife and I enjoyed our time in Sweeny with the places we lived and the special freinds that we have made there. Heck my daughter even had a FANTASIC kindergarten teacher in Mrs. Williams!! I think anyone who knows us, knows that this was just in jest. I love those coaches they have on staff right now! Sweeny made an excellent choice last year in hiring TZ back.

If we lose to Sweeny, I wish for nothing but the very best for the Bulldogs. You have beaten all of the odds/nay sayers this season and you should be proud of yourselves.

GATA always.

Centextrash former Mac Dr Trash....

Uncle Buck
12-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Crap!!!!!!

I have to call off the code Red. Rifle will not like being recalled. He had his toilet, dead fish included, and paintball gun ready.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Leave it all on the field today, boys...have no regrets!

GO PANTHERS!!

JDOG
12-02-2006, 09:26 AM
G.A.T.A. Do It! Dogs!

rundoe
12-02-2006, 09:55 AM
They looked ready at the send off this morning!!!!!

Go Panthers!!!! Play Panther Ball!!!!!

Uncle Buck
12-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Liberty Hill 28
Sweeny 13

Congrats to Liberty Hill. Good luck against Giddings.

g$$
12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Best of luck Liberty Hill as you move on to play Giddings. Y'all have a fine team/coaching staff & really good community as well.

Congrats to the Sweeny Bulldogs this year, & thanks to the seniors for years of laying it on the line for our school & community. It will take a few days & it hurts right now, but when you look back be proud of yourselves for a job well-done. It's supposed to hurt because it meant a lot to you & you did your best & gave all of us a good ride. Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors.

Thank you to Coach Zajicek, coaching staff, players, trainers, & others involved for a great season. District Champions unbeaten, 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, proved a lot of people wrong, & you will have memories & friendships that last forever. No one can ever take those things away.

Sweeny's program is back on track & not going away anytime soon. All of you have my full respect & confidence. It is so nice to be proud again of the whole operation - the discipline you show on & off the field, the professionalism & class, the sacrifices made, & the PRIDE restored of being a Bulldog & what it takes to succeed. This program is deeper than winning & losing ballgames, but developing kids with character who learn life's lessons thru athletics & become productive citizens.

Job well-done, best of luck in the future, & Go Big Blue!

g$$
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
FYI - Big daddy or anyone else,

G$$ was right, we were just kidding about Sweeny. It really is a nice community and a great place to start/raise a family. My wife and I enjoyed our time in Sweeny with the places we lived and the special freinds that we have made there. Heck my daughter even had a FANTASIC kindergarten teacher in Mrs. Williams!! I think anyone who knows us, knows that this was just in jest. I love those coaches they have on staff right now! Sweeny made an excellent choice last year in hiring TZ back.

If we lose to Sweeny, I wish for nothing but the very best for the Bulldogs. You have beaten all of the odds/nay sayers this season and you should be proud of yourselves.

GATA always.

Centextrash former Mac Dr Trash....

Centex, thanks & best of luck as y'all continue this week. I was very impressed with LH & the physical play up front. Well-coached team top to bottom. LH made the plays to win. Tough team to prepare for too with that scheme on offense.

Wish I could have said hello afterwards. Maybe we'll talk to you down the road. Appreciate the kind words & encouragement for the Sweeny program. Good stuff & all the best to you & your family.

Big Daddy
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Great job this year DOGS and great game to a well coached LH. When you see that O-LINE sprint to the ball that way, you know there ready to play. Taking nothing away from you TZ and staff, Great job.

Looks like Sweeny has some good years ahead. The younger teams or doing well. I talked to one of the fathers of 8th grader and they have never been beat from Pee-wee Football to present. When kids don't know how to lose they don't no how to give up.