PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Wimberley Meet and Greet

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Any ideas on a Cuero/Wimberley/any downlow fan at the game that wants to meet and greet? Open to suggestions - Only request I have - BEFORE THE GAME :)

gold_33
11-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah definately before the game, it starts at 7 so I was thinkin 6'ish maybe we need to find a central location though and I dont know a lick about the Dome so any thoughts.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Definitely meet BEFORE the game!!! You guys have been there more than me, so you pick the spot and time! Maybe 6:15-6:30?

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey wimbo - I'll be there!! :D Before the game sounds good. I'm planning on taking the afternoon off. Probably be good to meet somewhere in the middle. Plenty of spots in the 'dome for a M&G. One of the food court seating areas would work.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:04 PM
YOU??!!!??? Ummm....I cant get there till 7pm. Sorry.

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
YOU??!!!??? Ummm....I cant get there till 7pm. Sorry. GOOD!!! :clap: You'd probably forget we were meeting anyway. ;) :p

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Meeting? What? When? Who the hell are you?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
There is a definite possibility that I may be in attendence at this game, but I'm not going to be able to tell you all with absolute certainy that I will be, but I'm hoping.

SintonFan
11-26-2006, 01:33 PM
We might make this one.:cool:

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Ill be there, but no way im meeting with all of yall. Yall scare me.

HM33
11-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I will be there, and if I get there soon enough and remember I will attend the M&G lol

Highschoolfan78
11-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by HM33
I will be there, and if I get there soon enough and remember I will attend the M&G lol

same here.. i always forget about it

gobbler grad
11-26-2006, 01:44 PM
where we meeting... outside in front...???????

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
At the bar

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
At the bar

you buying?

wooden bear
11-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you buying?

Only if your from Cuero, and i dotn know about Gobbler grad I would hate to see that guys tab lol.

Technoredneck
11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
You mean if I drove down you wouldn't buy me a round?

SintonFan
11-27-2006, 01:42 AM
ttt for TGWR.:cool:

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 01:44 AM
lol ah here is the thread

SintonFan
11-27-2006, 01:46 AM
lol
I brought this up for you Boosty.
Hey Boosty we went by Billy Bob's place twice this weekend. Good stuff those hamburgers.:cool:

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 01:47 AM
u were in hondo?????? i was there like everyday this past week haha ugh i love those burgers

SintonFan
11-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
u were in hondo?????? i was there like everyday this past week haha ugh i love those burgers
Nah, we went to Garner Saturday. Yall are in the path. BTW, niiiice new Wal-Mart.:thumbsup:

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 01:51 AM
oh thats fun i like garner ya the new walmart is incrdible but eh HEB is still better(gotta stick with my employer lol) but u should have told me u were oging through hondo we could had a talk over billybobs hamburgers and sweet tea mmmmmmmmmm i love there tea

SintonFan
11-27-2006, 02:17 AM
oh thats fun i like garner ya the new walmart is incrdible but eh HEB is still better(gotta stick with my employer lol) but u should have told me u were oging through hondo we could had a talk over billybobs hamburgers and sweet tea mmmmmmmmmm i love there tea
I figured you were home in CC.:) That Wal-Mart yall have has tons of HD TV's hawking their wares. It was pretty cool.:cool:

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 02:23 AM
nope i went to hondo for thanksgiving and ya there are hd tv's everywere coming down from the ceilings its crazy

SintonFan
11-27-2006, 02:29 AM
nope i went to hondo for thanksgiving and ya there are hd tv's everywere coming down from the ceilings its crazy
Our Wally-Wlord has some TVs but yall have them everywhere.

Boosty_Hondo
11-27-2006, 02:30 AM
ya like every 10 feet haha i want to go steal them

gobble_up03
11-27-2006, 05:26 PM
so...is there a final decision yet on where and when this will be? or will we wait until it's closer to the game?

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by gobble_up03
so...is there a final decision yet on where and when this will be? or will we wait until it's closer to the game? probably wait a little longer. I still think one of the many food court sitting areas would be the best place.

gobble_up03
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
alright then, i guess i will have to have more patience......

IS IT FRIDAY YET?!?!?!?!? :D

crabman
11-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I am ashamed to say it but I will be on my annual pilgrimage out west to go mule deer hunting. At 7:00 on Friday night I will be at a deer camp at least an hour away from a radio signal and a good drive away from a cell phone signal. I will call in to Ms. crabman to get the results. Ya'll hold down the fort without me.

wooden bear
11-28-2006, 12:16 AM
You will be missed crabman, we love you buddy.

GreenGobbla
11-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
You will be missed crabman, we love you buddy.

i second that

wooden bear
11-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Ill see you at the meet and greet booskie, i heard its in seguin

GreenGobbla
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
ill be there. and also to the meet and greet after the game on utsa blvd.

wooden bear
11-28-2006, 12:46 AM
tell rotexsolja je cant come within 40 miles of seguin

GreenGobbla
11-28-2006, 12:51 AM
i think he knows he cant after what he did that morning.

you can count it if you want to, but if not dont worry about it.

gold_33
11-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone thought of a time/place yet?

SintonFan
11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Anyone thought of a time/place yet?
Let me research this a bit and I'll post a map with details.

44INAROW
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Let me research this a bit and I'll post a map with details.
That would be great SintonFan - I wanna be there, but nerves, being a mom and pre-game activities will limit my "organizational" skills...... I feel sure that it's safe to say that I'll be at the dome by 5:00, so anytime from 5:00 until 6:30 is Ok with me - whatever works out for everyone else is cool with me........

Will your better half and the little SintonFans be coming? I'll PM you my cell in case you don't have it anymore......

GO MEAN GREEN

SintonFan
11-28-2006, 10:13 PM
OK, all I have is paint on this work computer, so it's gonna look rough.:D
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3460/alamofootballseating1cz8.gif (http://imageshack.us)
I think we should set this MnG 45 minutes before kickoff and disband 20-15 minutes before kickoff. Some of you might like the idea of 1 hour before the game so maybe we can all get a decent seat. Sound off if you plan on going.:)

SintonFan
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
That would be great SintonFan - I wanna be there, but nerves, being a mom and pre-game activities will limit my "organizational" skills...... I feel sure that it's safe to say that I'll be at the dome by 5:00, so anytime from 5:00 until 6:30 is Ok with me - whatever works out for everyone else is cool with me........

Will your better half and the little SintonFans be coming? I'll PM you my cell in case you don't have it anymore......

GO MEAN GREEN
I'm gonna make every reasonable attempt to make this(I know it's gonna be a great game :) ) but you know what kind of business I'm in and what is expected to show up Thursday morning. The phone is already starting to steadily ring. And yes, Denise and the kids would be coming too.:inlove:

pirate4state
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3460/alamofootballseating1cz8.gif (http://imageshack.us)
I think we should set this MnG 45 minutes before kickoff and disband 20-15 minutes before kickoff. Some of you might like the idea of 1 hour before the game so maybe we can all get a decent seat. Sound off if you plan on going.:)

ummmmmmm......I'm confused. :D

SintonFan
11-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ummmmmmm......I'm confused. :D
The base of the stairs just outside of the seating area.
In the corner of the dome, sweety.:p

44INAROW
11-28-2006, 10:36 PM
As long as we have each others cell phone #'s - we can congregate somewhere and get in touch with each other.. I would like to be sitting down by 6:30 at the latest...... anyone that wants to PM me their cell # - please do - we'll figure something out :)
thanks SintonFan - I do know what's expected to come in Thurs AM - that's why I am glad we're playing indoors...... sure makes getting to and from alot easier without having to haul blankets, gloves etc..........

I did hear that parking is $10 and NO PASSES will be honored :( I am checking into that

GO MEAN GREEN

Rita - you probably have a good idea -

I still think one of the many food court sitting areas would be the best place.

SintonFan
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
The mini food courts are usually crowded and hard to set up a MnG.

gobblerfan02
11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Ill try my best to make it as well, i might be able to go up to SA Thursday night and get to the stadium a little earlier!

gobbler grad
11-30-2006, 11:22 AM

sounds like a good place to meet...someone bringing a camera...I should be there in the area by 5:45 or 6:00

think i'm sitting in sec.112 on the 50 yd. line with my noise makers...:eek:

Old Tiger
11-30-2006, 11:23 AM
ummmmmmm......I'm confused. :D figures

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
sounds like a good place to meet...someone bringing a camera...

camera - did someone say camera:D

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
camera - did someone say camera:D haha - i'll bring mine & we'll compare :D

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
sounds like a good place to meet...someone bringing a camera...I should be there in the area by 5:45 or 6:00

think i'm sitting in sec.112 on the 50 yd. line with my noise makers...:eek:
Is Cuero the home team? The press box side is the home side.

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 11:47 AM
haha - i'll bring mine & we'll compare :D

at least you know how to operate yours :p

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Is Cuero the home team? The press box side is the home side.

Cuero is the Home Team gates open @ 6

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 12:03 PM
woo hoo .... is it Friday yet??? :D :D

JT44
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM

So I guess everyone needs to get there at around 5 b/c of the backlog there will be at the door.
are there two different entrances for the fans during hs games at the dome?

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Cool!
On that little map I made, that entrance is on the south side of the Dome. I hope this avoids confusion besause if someone is coming from the northside they just might go to the wrong corner(opposite in fact). I always enter from the south side because it usually is not near as busy there.

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JT44
So I guess everyone needs to get there at around 5 b/c of the backlog there will be at the door.
are there two different entrances for the fans during hs games at the dome?
Good question. Here is a link to the Alamodome website. AD web (http://www.sanantonio.gov/dome/parking.htm)
There might be some info there.

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Here's another pic of the dome seating.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/dome/picts/seating_football3x4.jpg

Go Cuero
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
I'll be there w/both of my little Go Cuero cuties!! They can't wait. The oldest wants me to take him out of school early!! LOL He said it should be a holiday mom!!

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Is it Friday yet?

pirate4state
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Here's another pic of the dome seating.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/dome/picts/seating_football3x4.jpg

Quit confusing me!!! :o :o

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Yall put entirely too much thought into these M&G's!!

Just pick a general area and get everyone's cellphone numbers.

Heck..thats half the fun...trying to track everyone down....especially if you are on the phone with someone and you can see them, but they haven't spotted you!!:D

gobbler grad
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM

if i'm looking at this right, we will be meeting on the NORTH end...correct me if i'm wrong...

SintonFan
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll have that confirmed later. Two different maps have north in two different directions. It'll be all cleared up by tonight.
Geez p4s and RM, I'm just rying to help.:eek:

Ranger Mom
11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll have that confirmed later. Two different maps have north in two different directions. It'll be all cleared up by tonight.
Geez p4s and RM, I'm just rying to help.:eek:

And you are doing a fine job.....I just think if you pick a general location, as long as people can get hold of someone.....(I always give everyone who says they may be there my phone number)....then everyone always seems to be able to find ya!

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
We'll be parking in Lot A - that's about all the info I have until I get there :)

catman
11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll be there. I just have to decide whether to wear my Cuero cap or a red shirt. I like both teams. :thinking:

44INAROW
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by catman
I'll be there. I just have to decide whether to wear my Cuero cap or a red shirt. I like both teams. :thinking:

you'd look good in Green :)

catman
11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah and I don't look good in red. I'm so vain. Green it is. :D

SintonFan
12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Ok folks! Here are the directions for the MnG easy for all to understand!:nerd:
If you come into the Alamo Dome from the South side(the side coming from IH37, the Corpus Christi/Cuero side) you make a right just after you enter the place and continue until you see the stairs(BIG SPIRAL STAIR LANDING) AT the SE corner of the building. You should see some folks either smiling there or giving each other nervous looks until someone mutters the word "Downlow" or "Friggin DOWNLOW" to know you are in the right place. Smile at the ones who might look nervous, it's worked for a some of us on a few occasions.:D
If you are coming from the North side( the side coming from IH 35, the Austin/Wimberely side) and the North entrance is open, then make a left, go and follow the concourse around the corner to the far corner where the SE Spiral stairs are(the SE side, bring a compass if you are not sure). If the North entrance is not open just pay attention to the above directions.
Please PM me or P4S(she is good at cell phones and text messages lol) your cell phone number if you are not sure of these directions.
Come and meet everyone there before the game. Have your family members save a seat for you so this MnG can take place. Meeting from 6:15 to 6:45 is viable in this great match up. It's gonna be a great game and a perfect opportunity to add another chapter to knowing who all is a part of the downlow family.:) :) :)

SintonFan
12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Ok folks! Here are the directions for the MnG easy for all to understand!:nerd:
If you come into the Alamo Dome from the South side(the side coming from IH37, the Corpus Christi/Cuero side) you make a right just after you enter the place and continue until you see the stairs(BIG SPIRAL STAIR LANDING) AT the SE corner of the building. You should see some folks either smiling there or giving each other nervous looks until someone mutters the word "Downlow" or "Friggin DOWNLOW" to know you are in the right place. Smile at the ones who might look nervous, it's worked for a some of us on a few occasions.:D
If you are coming from the North side( the side coming from IH 35, the Austin/Wimberely side) and the North entrance is open, then make a left, go and follow the concourse around the corner to the far corner where the SE Spiral stairs are(the SE side, bring a compass if you are not sure). If the North entrance is not open just pay attention to the above directions.
Please PM me or P4S(she is good at cell phones and text messages lol) your cell phone number if you are not sure of these directions.
Come and meet everyone there before the game. Have your family members save a seat for you so this MnG can take place. Meeting from 6:15 to 6:45 is viable in this great match up. It's gonna be a great game and a perfect opportunity to add another chapter to knowing who all is a part of the downlow family.:) :) :)
Go by these directions before you do the map. The map is just for illustrative purposes and just pretend that where I put "ENTRANCE HERE" that is the South side entrance. This should make it easier to follow.

eagles_victory
12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
i should be there :(

SintonFan
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
ARGGGH! I'm headed out in 30 minutes. Friggin truck broke down today. I hope to see some of you at the half at the same place maybe?:doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
go get em Gobblers :)

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 03:26 AM
That M&G was HIGHLY disappointing...other than Gobbler Grad and CatMan and TexanAlum, no one showed. Weak...very weak. Nice to meet you two (I already knew TexanAlum!).

SintonFan
12-02-2006, 11:57 AM
That M&G was HIGHLY disappointing...other than Gobbler Grad and CatMan and TexanAlum, no one showed. Weak...very weak. Nice to meet you two (I already knew TexanAlum!).
I apologize wp. I knew it would be tough to make it at 6:15 but my work truck broke down(front caliper come off) and I had to get a ride back to the office. I'm sure we all will have a chance to meet up again, hopefully next week. I don't know why but these dome meetings always seem the toughest to organize(it's a pretty big place lol). We all need to exchange cell numbers to insure the highest chance of come across one another.:)

wimbo_pro
12-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I figured as much, SintonFan....it IS a huge place. We might get a chance again against Hondo or OG, we shall see if its in SA...but I bet it wont be. Last year it was in Kerrville...a TERRIBLE stadium to play a game.

Maybe even a Giddings/Wimberley game (if we win next week) would be a chance, but it will obviously be much closer to Austin.

SintonFan
12-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I figured as much, SintonFan....it IS a huge place. We might get a chance again against Hondo or OG, we shall see if its in SA...but I bet it wont be. Last year it was in Kerrville...a TERRIBLE stadium to play a game.

Maybe even a Giddings/Wimberley game (if we win next week) would be a chance, but it will obviously be much closer to Austin.
Next week SA is the logical choice(lol hopefully). If not the dome maybe it might be at Alamo stadium? I love that place as it's large and close to home.:cool: