PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW (Round 3): Wimberley vs Cuero

Pages : [1] 2

CueroDad2006
11-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Join the club Texans everyone wants the beat the Gobblers.
Cuero can now focus only on the Texans.
Two Years without a title
Its Our year
Our "D" is build for a spead offence like you guys have.
Going to be a great game

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 12:49 AM
hmmm in that case...go Wimberely

CueroDad2006
11-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
hmmm in that case...go Wimberely

Banwaggon?

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 12:51 AM
nope...go cuero

29-3aFAN
11-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Can I get the scores texted to me. I will be out of state when this game happens.

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 12:53 AM
im going with cuero in this one because i saw hem paly liberty hill iwth a bunch of key players injured and they still impressed the heck out of me so GO CUERO

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Join the club Texans everyone wants the beat the Gobblers.
Cuero can now focus only on the Texans.
Two Years without a title
Its Our year
Our "D" is build for a spead offence like you guys have.
Going to be a great game

hand:
SORRY GUYS.

The winner of next weeks matchup between Snyder and Sweetwater will be the next state champs. Cuero will probably be there to hand them the trophy.:hand:

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
hand:
SORRY GUYS.

The winner of next weeks matchup between Snyder and Sweetwater will be the next state champs. Cuero will probably be there to hand them the trophy.:hand: That's the dumbest thing i've read. Everyone knows west texas football is weak

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 12:56 AM
hand:
SORRY GUYS.

The winner of next weeks matchup between Snyder and Sweetwater will be the next state champs. Cuero will probably be there to hand them the trophy.:hand:

uh hum correction there the winner of the hondo - Cuero/Wimberly game will be the state champs

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Gilmer won in d1 already they just had to "lose" in the first round to make it more competitive. DII we all know it's about them Turkey's or Texans

District303aPastPlayer
11-25-2006, 12:57 AM
hand:
SORRY GUYS.

you are calling a Sweetwater state championship?

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

lol ya i was wondering the same thin i dont see sweetwater doing that at all .. sorry

CueroDad2006
11-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

There is a hand full of teams left that have a shot at title.
Giddings
Cuero
Hondo
Wimberly
LH

and sweetwater is not one of them

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 01:06 AM

and sweetwater is not one of them

lol could possible include them but not a good chance of them winning

LHPfactory
11-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I am in houston this weekend with family for the holidays. I was able to catch the Giddings-WOS game. It was a great one. Giddings is gonna be tough. WOS was fast and talented, Giddings is Talented and very PHYSICAL!.... the Buffs are legit contenders, look past them and you take the long lonely bus ride home. Go LH beat Crockett. PS we want Texans or Gobblers, those two teams are why we have an and 2 at the end of our record. ;)

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:37 AM
CueroDad...this will be a great one. We are motivated beyond anything thusfar this year...and sounds like you guys are too. We both are healthy, we both want it BAD. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins this game. Of course I think it will be us!!

Johnny 5
11-25-2006, 02:11 AM
Wimberly wins by at least 21. Cuero was not that impressive

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
CueroDad...this will be a great one. We are motivated beyond anything thusfar this year...and sounds like you guys are too. We both are healthy, we both want it BAD. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins this game. Of course I think it will be us!!

couldnt agree more about this being a great one.. I only wish some RH posters would get over the break up and realize us leaving for the next round and leaving them was the best thing for the relationship. I'm sarcastically joking of course. Tryin to have some fun to enlighten that bitter taste

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 03:17 AM
Any news on when/where this game will be?? :thinking: Hoping for a Saturday game!! :thumbsup:

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
couldnt agree more about this being a great one.. I only wish some RH posters would get over the break up and realize us leaving for the next round and leaving them was the best thing for the relationship. I'm sarcastically joking of course. Tryin to have some fun to enlighten that bitter taste
Bitter that yall won by so few? I don't understand why so many from Cuero are taking the RH game so hard. They(RH) were pretty darn good.:nerd:

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Any news on when/where this game will be?? :thinking: Hoping for a Saturday game!! :thumbsup:

i hope it's in seguin and foggy like last time. That was erie and coooool.. idk i could see a san marcos/seguin/buda/new braunsfuls

somewhere in there

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bitter that yall won by so few? I don't understand why so many from Cuero are taking the RH game so hard. They were pretty darn good.:nerd:

no no no.. sorry i was misunderstood. I was reading through the posts of the RH loyal fans and they seem bitter as some teams do when facing a loss. I know from experience. I guess my joke didn't go over so well and i should give up standup.

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Bitter that yall won by so few? I don't understand why so many from Cuero are taking the RH game so hard. They(RH) were pretty darn good.:nerd:

I never thought it'd be a blowout actually and was quite scared. Especially since I was not able to make the game and not listen to it religiously tonight.

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 03:23 AM
no no no.. sorry i was misunderstood. I was reading through the posts of the RH loyal fans and they seem bitter as some teams do when facing a loss. I know from experience. I guess my joke didn't go over so well and i should give up standup.
lol :D
I don't know if both of us are tired or what but dat's some shunny fit.;)

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 03:24 AM
no no no.. sorry i was misunderstood. I was reading through the posts of the RH loyal fans and they seem bitter as some teams do when facing a loss. I know from experience. I guess my joke didn't go over so well and i should give up standup. hahaha - i think we are all tired.

I think for RH the loss is especially hard to take after being written off by some. Who knows?? Either way - their football team had a fine season and held Cuero to 14 points for 3 qtrs, almost 4?? I forget when you guys scored your last td. Don't know about all the calls, etc...I wasn't there, but an 11-2 season is nothing to be ashamed of.

Good Luck to the Gobblers next week!! :)

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 03:25 AM
hahaha - i think we are all tired.

I think for RH the loss is especially hard to take after being written off by some. Who knows?? Either way - their football team had a fine season and held Cuero to 14 points for 3 qtrs, almost 4?? I forget when you guys scored your last td. Don't know about all the calls, etc...I wasn't there, but an 11-2 season is nothing to be ashamed of.

Good Luck to the Gobblers next season!! :)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 03:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh: :doh: SEE I told you I was tired!!! Gonna go edit!! :p :p

:mad: Hey!!! I didn't screw up --- that was all YOU!!! :foul: :tongue:

gobblerfan02
11-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Bring on the Texans for some smash mouth football!

Hope to see everyone at the game next friday, I'm gonna take off of work for this one, and the next, and the next....:D

Good luck to both teams in an injury free and excitement filled Friday/Saturday night football game! Hope this is a classic!

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 03:41 AM
:doh: :doh: SEE I told you I was tired!!! Gonna go edit!! :p :p

:mad: Hey!!! I didn't screw up --- that was all YOU!!! :foul: :tongue:
rofl
I, at least, got another "Smily of the year" post from you.:D

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Wimberly wins by at least 21. Cuero was not that impressive This guy :D If you were not impressed with Cuero, that tells me what you think of your team :rolleyes:

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 07:36 AM
CueroDad...this will be a great one. We are motivated beyond anything thusfar this year...and sounds like you guys are too. We both are healthy, we both want it BAD. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins this game. Of course I think it will be us!! I think we had all penciled this game in a long time ago. Should be a great matchup and I'll make no predictions. Take that back, I'll make one. I think johnny 5's prediction is wrong. I don't think either team wins by more than a td. This game is a toss-up. Goo Meeaaannn Grreeeeennnnn :)

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 08:38 AM
i dont know who i want to win.

The past two years in the playoffs we have lost to these two teams but we lost to wimberly by 55 points last year and to cuero by 14 the year before that.

But only b/c the cuero posters say they are our biggest fans im gonna have to say cuero in a very exciting ball game.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Ya know... don't kill me Cuero faithful, but I gotta say I'm not sure Cuero's gunna take this one... you know how Wimberly is... start of a little slow, then all of the sudden BAMMMM...

Dunno if Wimberley's gunna take this one either...

Go Gobblers!!!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ya know... don't kill me Cuero faithful, but I gotta say I'm not sure Cuero's gunna take this one... you know how Wimberly is... start of a little slow, then all of the sudden BAMMMM...

Dunno if Wimberley's gunna take this one either...

Go Gobblers!!! Lucky for us, we usually follow a sub-par performance with a spectacular one...which is what it will take :thumbsup:

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:27 AM
I've been saying for a while that Cuero is overrated. If they win this game, i will retract my statement

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I've been saying for a while that Cuero is overrated. If they win this game, i will retract my statement

your dog is overrated...

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:33 AM
I've been saying for a while that Cuero is overrated. If they win this game, i will retract my statement Here we go again. The 12-0 Cuero overrated posters. :rolleyes:

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:33 AM
your dog is overrated...

I don't have a dog. My last one got runned over by a durned ole train

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:34 AM

but everyone said he could outrun any durned ole train... so he WAS overrated

(do not mean to offend you and your dog)

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Lucky for us, we usually follow a sub-par performance with a spectacular one...which is what it will take :thumbsup:

Exactly what I said on the way home last night. We usually follow up with better play the next week.
It doesn't really matter though at this level we will have to step it up each week.

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Exactly what I said on the way home last night. We usually follow up with better play the next week.
It doesn't really matter though at this level we will have to step it up each week. Truer words were never spoken.

greenpride
11-25-2006, 09:41 AM

Exactly what the man means, your dog didn't know what hit him. Too dumb to get out of the way...........over-rated.

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 09:45 AM
it's funny how in this thread of Liberty Hill, Ceuro, Giddings and Wimberley there is no mention of any other team being capable of winning the state title. For the survivor who makes the championship game, there IS another fairly good team they have to worry about, one with a pretty good defense themselves..............Celina

Don't be fooled by their regional surroundings, Celina is not 7-0 in title games for nothing

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it's funny how in this thread of Liberty Hill, Ceuro, Giddings and Wimberley there is no mention of any other team being capable of winning the state title. For the survivor who makes the championship game, there IS another fairly good team they have to worry about, one with a pretty good defense themselves..............Celina

Don't be fooled by their regional surroundings, Celina is not 7-0 in title games for nothing

We've lost the same amount of state games that y'all have won, haha...

3-7 baby represent...

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:48 AM

Don't be fooled by their regional surroundings, Celina is not 7-0 in title games for nothing Maybe because this isn't about Celina :rolleyes: We all know what is waiting on the other side, maybe ya'll....maybe not.

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 09:54 AM
it doesn't seem like too many people in this thread are concerned about the other half of the bracket--just an observation

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:55 AM
it doesn't seem like too many people in this thread are concerned about the other half of the bracket--just an observation

Because they don't have to play the other half until state

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 10:01 AM
it doesn't seem like too many people in this thread are concerned about the other half of the bracket--just an observation Yea, we are not concerned with anybody on that side of the bracket, yet. We have enough to concern ourselves in regions 3 and 4.

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Thank you Carter08.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, charlesrixey, we would love to play Celina in the State Finals, it would be an honor.

But, we have a lot of games and great teams to take care of first.
So, we will take it one week at a time.

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 10:08 AM
this is the same thread that was busy bashing the region 1 teams, so i just assumed someone was looking ahead

I'm pretty sure celina would be honored to play any team in the state finals

gold_33
11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
This is the matchup everyone has been waiting for since '04,
the Wimberley Texans (11-1) vs the Cuero Gobblers (12-0). Whats everyones thoughts and predictions? Other than its gonna be a long week!!

HM33
11-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Where is the "to close to call" option?

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 10:34 AM
yah I aint votin'...

gold_33
11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I was gonna put it on there but decided to make the people choose one or the other.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I just aint doin' it...

but us Wimberly and Cuero folks actually need to meet...

I know, there have been things that have been said... for example: "I might spell Wimberley wrong etc..."... but we should all meet at halftime or something...

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Sticking with my Gobblers ----Cuero by 7

Fog Bowl 2 --- Both teams are riding high after 12 weeks Wimberley has one loss to Gidding's in the first game of the season and if they played again Wimberley would take it . The only common opponent is LH and both Cuero and Wimberley beat them by 4 . Cuero seems to play up or down to their opponent and maybe thats a good thing in this case . This will be a Heavyweight fight with many knockdowns it's who is left standing after 48 minutes that count 04' .

:twitch:

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Already pulling my hair out, and it's only Saturday. If Wimberley plays like they did yesterday, and Cuero plays like they did against Sinton...this will be a barn-burner. :eek: Not a game for the faint at heart :D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 10:43 AM
gotta have some faith in that Cuero D, but WimberlEy is putting up some mega-points as they did toword the end of last year's season... which ='d state championship

HM33
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Im thinking about like a 21-14 or 28-21 game either way. I really dont know and don't want to say. And lets not hope its another Fog Bowl :P...I want to see the game from the stands :)

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I want the too close to call option as well.

Two great teams in this one, and I am looking forward to some incredible football.

Alright, if you're going to make me choose of course I have to go with the Gobblers.

Go Mean Green.

Don't think we will have a repeat of the fog bowl, haven't heard Matador stadium as one of our options of play. That was an eerie game couldn't see across the field but we could hear that Wimberley crowd.

I have heard it may be the Alamodome on Saturday or Dub Farris on Friday.

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm sticking with my Gobblers also...since we had a bad week against Rio Hondo, we will be more than prepared to handle the Texans...will be closer than most expect, but should be a thriller...

GO MEAN GREEN... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't know if I wanna pick either.

I can always add the "too close to call" opition, if the author of this thread wants me too!

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:18 AM
commme on RM, pick Cuero since I'm not voting...

the most accurate this poll can get is if it ends in a deadlock...

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Ceuro played better defensively against LH

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Ceuro played better defensively against LH

yah, but you have two different defenses... we didn't really change anything up for LH that I noticed, just said "here's what we've got, let's go"...

Wimberley's offense is on a bigger roll than Cuero's... the defenses may be about the same...

Someone's gotta step up...

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
i will give you that, Wimberley's offense is on a roll, but if it is a matchup between immovable object and irresistable force, i would always take the former over the latter.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Cool deal...

Hey, how did the Celina/Madison broadcast go??? Did you guys request that TXBC do arm-pit farts on air or something?

sotxrat
11-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Should be a good one. I have to go with Cuero, even though some of their posters can be a little annoying at times. Good luck to both teams.

gold_33
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I have a feeling this game is gonna be more of a shootout than a defensive battle and in a shootout its who makes fewer mistakes will win. Cuero has been the king of reg IV for sometime now and its the Texans turn to try and dethrone them. The Texans will win this one 42-28.

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 11:31 AM
we seem to always play bad against a weak team, it was that way in district too...we will have our ducks in a row and it will be a good game...:D :D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Cuero has been the king of reg IV for sometime now .

Wimberley is the current king of region four... State Champions, 'nuff said... tough task at hand for the Gobblers...

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 11:34 AM
you missed it gobbla, they had some good trojan/penetration jokes

they dropped the DL about ten times, even me four or five

they had plenty of time to goof off in the second half, and it was fun

check out the thread if you want to see how it went

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 11:37 AM
commme on RM, pick Cuero since I'm not voting...

the most accurate this poll can get is if it ends in a deadlock...

Heck!! If someone from one of the above schools doesn't even want to vote, why should I?

Oh yeah...I just noticed you are 2 post away from 12,000!!!

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:38 AM
oh crap...

gold_33
11-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Wimberley is the current king of region four... State Champions, 'nuff said... tough task at hand for the Gobblers...

Yeah but we have never beaten Cuero, I think were 0-4, so were not the kings yet but it would a huge win for the Texans. Its too bad someone has to lose cause either one could have one the DI reg IV instead the two powerhouses have to knockheads and someone is gonna be playin B-ball next week. But thats how it goes to be the best you have to beat the best.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Friday - 7:00 PM Alamodome...............

As usual, I make no prediciton - two great teams playing each other - just what the playoffs are about.

GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Friday - 7:00 PM Alamodome...............

As usual, I make no prediciton - two great teams playing each other - just what the playoffs are about.

GO MEAN GREEN

Alamodome... cool... Cuero is 2-0 in the Alamodome...

'98 against Giddings in the Semi's and '04 against Sinton in the 3rd...

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah but we have never beaten Cuero, I think were 0-4, so were not the kings yet but it would a huge win for the Texans. Its too bad someone has to lose cause either one could have one the DI reg IV instead the two powerhouses have to knockheads and someone is gonna be playin B-ball next week. But thats how it goes to be the best you have to beat the best.

Either one would have a tough matchup the next week and the next, and of course State... Region 3 and 4 D2 is sick...

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
As I said in another thread, this is the game we have wanted for the last 2 years. If we EVER are going to beat Cuero, this is our best chance (last year would have been a better bet for me cuz of our defense, but of course we never got the match-up). If we win against Cuero, then LOSE the following week(s), our season is still a huge success. Beating Cuero is the Gold Standard for us.

We are healthy, we have all but one of our players available (dropped out due to grades), we are hitting all cylinders, we are PUMPED. We couldnt ask for a better chance than THIS to beat Cuero NOW. You can be sure we will pull out all the stops to take this one. My prediction? We win. By how much? At least 1 point.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
We win. By how much? At least 1 point.

get real... Wimberley by no more than a half a point...

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Come on Gobbla...since the rule change, very few have won by 1/2 point.

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling this game is gonna be more of a shootout than a defensive battle and in a shootout its who makes fewer mistakes will win. Cuero has been the king of reg IV for sometime now and its the Texans turn to try and dethrone them. The Texans will win this one 42-28. I know that ya'lls offense is rolling, but no "offense", ya'll will not score 42 pts. on us.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Come on Gobbla...since the rule change, very few have won by 1/2 point.

so.... :kiss:

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Okay I just made a new one...

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I swear, I'm gunna kill myself... Wimbery???

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I sort of agree that 42 points on Cuero seems high...but stranger things have happened!!

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
I sort of agree that 42 points on Cuero seems high...but stranger things have happened!!

that aint no crap

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Dont bother...we will do it ourselves of you dont fix it.

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
I sort of agree that 42 points on Cuero seems high...but stranger things have happened!! Strange things have happened, but not that strange :D

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:06 PM
this should be the Game of the week for the whole state!!! not just the downlow

gold_33
11-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey we put 52 on WOS last year and no team had ever done that and the offense is stronger this year than last. Is it possible yes, gonna happen probably not but it was just my opinion and prediction on the game and I think we will need to score that many to have a chance on winning. If Ricky Beatty has a game like last night, 17-17 328 3Tds, i think its darn sure possible.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I hope that's right...

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:18 PM
True Gold33...if our line can give Beaty time to throw, we will slice Cuero up pretty good. But thats a big "if". That will be the key to our success, the trenches. Same can be said going the other way...we dont put pressure on their QB, we have trouble. This really is a match up of two evenly matched teams.

Everything we have done in the last 2 years has been leading up to this game. Our recent success wont be complete in our minds until we beat Cuero. I know for a fact that is how the players see this game. We have that much respect for Cuero.

slyder
11-25-2006, 01:24 PM
who was wimberlys only loss this year and what was the score. did they play any of the same teams?

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Both played Liberty Hill and both won by 4. Wimberly lost their season opener to Giddings, it is seen by most as a big fluke since it was a blowout.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Slyder...our loss was to Gidding by a score of 35-14. It was the first game of the season. We both have played Liberty Hill, and we both beat them by 4 points in two "down-to-the-wire" games. There are few teams as evenly matched as these two are.

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Slyder...our loss was to Gidding by a score of 35-14. It was the first game of the season. We both have played Liberty Hill, and we both beat them by 4 points in two "down-to-the-wire" games. There are few teams as evenly matched as these two are.

has anyone seen both RH and Wimberly play? Rh's defense was tough, I personally think they were the best Cuero has faced all year.
they reminded me a lot of the 04' Wimberly Texans in that what they lacked in size they made up for in speed and quickness

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 01:32 PM
True Gold33...if our line can give Beaty time to throw, we will slice Cuero up pretty good. But thats a big "if". That will be the key to our success, the trenches. Same can be said going the other way...we dont put pressure on their QB, we have trouble. This really is a match up of two evenly matched teams.

Everything we have done in the last 2 years has been leading up to this game. Our recent success wont be complete in our minds until we beat Cuero. I know for a fact that is how the players see this game. We have that much respect for Cuero. Wow :eek: I didn't expect you to go waaayyyy out on a limb saying that if he has time to throw ya'll will "slice" us up. I will guarantee you that MV did not have the secondary we have.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Green Machine...I dont think its "out on a limb" at all. If our QB has time, we WILL slice you up pretty good. Remember, I said thats a big "if". I also said the opposite is true...you're QB will kill us given time to throw.

But really, isnt this true of just about ANY play off team at this level? If they have a good throwing game all year (which we both have), and is then given time to throw...wouldnt you EXPECT them to be successful?

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:41 PM
gotta focus on your region first, and most of the activity on this board is from region 3 and 4
I'm sure everyone knows what's going on in region 1 and 2, I did notice the impressive win last night by celina.....just don't let the playoff blowouts go to your head

gold_33
11-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey wimbo all this talk about the QB lets not forget about Michael. He loves performing in big games and I think its hes turn to turn in a stellar game dont you think? If he could get going it really opens up our passing game.

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:46 PM
At this time in the playoffs it's all about defense and special teams. Who's defense is gonna step up and make stops, force turnovers, and maybe even get a score.
Cuero's offense is good, but defensively is where cuero can win games.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Being a Liberty Hill Fan i have seen both play.

and man is it going to be close.

i give a slight, SLIGHT edge to Cuero due to their ability to do just about anything they want with the ball, they can and will hit you with just about anything, and it's always successfull!

But....that Texan defense is something else!!

too close to make a prediction in this one...

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Green Machine...I dont think its "out on a limb" at all. If our QB has time, we WILL slice you up pretty good. Remember, I said thats a big "if". I also said the opposite is true...you're QB will kill us given time to throw.

But really, isnt this true of just about ANY play off team at this level? If they have a good throwing game all year (which we both have), and is then given time to throw...wouldnt you EXPECT them to be successful? Don't think just because your QB has time to throw that anyone will be open. Not saying they will or won't, but our coverage guys are pretty good. Remember QB has to be on and just because he may have time to throw, doesn't mean he will slice us up, and vice-versa.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I think Celina will be the rep from Region1/2...I think there is little doubt about that.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2006, 01:51 PM
absoluty no way that Beaty puts up his usual numbers on Cuero.

the defense for Cuero is a very polished and hard hitting group!

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I hear you, Green Machine. And your point is a good one...my experience watching Beaty all year is that he is RARELY off...especially when given time. And I am sure I dont need to tell you that at all levels of football, given time, the receivers tend to get open. Thats my only point.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Daddy D...you are probably right...Cuero is WAAYYY better than any defense we have faced this year, save Giddings maybe. But the same can be said going the other way as well.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
verry true.

also.. something that KILLED LH...BEATY CAN RUN THE BALL!

very..very good at that.

plus having Samual and Buse doesn't hurt?

hey gold 33..is Harley fully healthy??

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey wimbo all this talk about the QB lets not forget about Michael. He loves performing in big games and I think its hes turn to turn in a stellar game dont you think? If he could get going it really opens up our passing game.

Gold33..you hit the nail on the head. I talk to him daily about it, and he is ready to blast into the stratosphere. He knows he has been sort of "kept in check" this year by defenses focusing on him, at least thats how he sees it. Its hard to tell him that by focusing on HIM, it opens the passing game, so really, he is having much the same impact. He also knows each game could be his last in HS, so each week he is more focused. I am hoping this is his BIG week! I love that boy!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Point taken, but with the defense that both teams possess, I don't think that there will be much standing in the pocket reading coverages. The QB's will be forced into moving and making quick decisions... our QB is great at that. Our QB is RARELY off to, but when he is, our receivers can cover some ground.

awizzy
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
this should be a good game right here...if i dont go to our game ill go to this one for sure

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Green...I know...thats yet ANOTHER area we two teams are evenly matched. This is gonna be great!!!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Green...I know...thats yet ANOTHER area we two teams are evenly matched. This is gonna be great!!! An instant ESPN classic :D

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Daddy...Harley has healed up well.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That's the dumbest thing i've read. Everyone knows west texas football is weak

lol

thought I'd get a rise outta somebody with that one.

gold_33
11-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
verry true.

also.. something that KILLED LH...BEATY CAN RUN THE BALL!

very..very good at that.

plus having Samual and Buse doesn't hurt?

hey gold 33..is Harley fully healthy??

Harley unfortunately had some trouble with grades and missed last night and will miss next week. This hurts us cause hes Buse's back up on both sides and I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings but there is a good drop off in talent with Harley out at OLB after Buse and Todd not so much on O but he really helps out when Buse needs a break but if we get by this week he should be back.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
lol ya i was wondering the same thin i dont see sweetwater doing that at all .. sorry

I do agree, it won't be sweetwater, it'll be Snyder!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I was kinda hoping you wouldnt tell them that Gold33!! LOLOL...just kidding, its really no secret. If we just do what we know we can do on offense, it wont be an issue!!

Daddy D 11
11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
dang. that's a unfortunate thing to hear. gotta stay on top of those thing!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I was kinda hoping you wouldnt tell them that Gold33!! LOLOL...just kidding, its really no secret. If we just do what we know we can do on offense, it wont be an issue!! I'm glad that ya'll don't have a confidence problem :rolleyes:

gold_33
11-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I was kinda hoping you wouldnt tell them that Gold33!! LOLOL...just kidding, its really no secret. If we just do what we know we can do on offense, it wont be an issue!!

Yeah I was kinda like "oops" after i posted that but im pretty sure many people have noticed that 24 hasnt been out there so like you said its no secret. Even with him out it wont be a factor cause he had a broken foot most of the year and missed 4-5 games and we fared pretty well so it shouldnt be an issue.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:14 PM
LOL@Green...what would you expect!!!

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah I was kinda like "oops" after i posted that but im pretty sure many people have noticed that 24 hasnt been out there so like you said its no secret. Even with him out it wont be a factor cause he had a broken foot most of the year and missed 4-5 games and we fared pretty well so it shouldnt be an issue.

Yeah, he missed 4 or 5 games and limped through another 3 or 4. His rehab has been badly mismanaged, which is apparently common in the Texan locker room. I have seen it too many times for too many years (at least 3).

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Thing is that neither team knows what each can do against each other. Vastly different teams since we met in 04. Ya'll may score 30, ya'll may score 3 and same for us. It is the great unknown :D

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes Green...and I wouldnt doubt this game will come down to fewest mistakes. It might be that simple.

gold_33
11-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, he missed 4 or 5 games and limped through another 3 or 4. His rehab has been badly mismanaged, which is apparently common in the Texan locker room. I have seen it too many times for too many years (at least 3).

Yeah I was wondering why it took so long for them to figure out that his foot was broken he had tried playing like you said and you could tell it was more than a sprain cause hes a tough kid.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Dont get me started on injuries not being addressed properly...I have seen things that just make me sick when I think about them...and I am talking just concerning my nephews alone.

gold_33
11-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Thing is that neither team knows what each can do against each other. Vastly different teams since we met in 04. Ya'll may score 30, ya'll may score 3 and same for us. It is the great unknown :D

Great point, thats the great thing about High School Football anything can happen under the friday night lights. We can all sit here talkin about it but its up to the players on friday.

gobblerfan02
11-25-2006, 02:38 PM
ttt....this is going to be a GAME ppl!

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 03:43 PM
It's nice that fans from opposing teams having intelligent banter back and forth about an upcoming game. I will refrain from making comments about last weeks' posts. I'll just let the ending comments from the opposing team make those statements......

Cuero 22 50.00%
Wimberley 22 50.00%
Total: 44 votes 100%

Wow.. it's going to be a heck of a week.............

Mean Green Fan
11-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I gotta go with Cuero in this one. And no I don't think Wimberley can put 42 points on our defense...If you will notice that Lh put less points on us than they did on Wimberley.I think both QB'S will see some pressure in this game. Cuero's defense is playing really good right now and Wimbereley's defense is not the same as last year when they were blowing people away.I agree with Wimbro Pro that this game will be won in the trenches and I like Cuero's chances in this one.I think Cuero's offense will be much better next week and I'm sure both teams will throw out all the stops to try and win.:)

Go Gobblers!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
I gotta go with Cuero in this one. And no I don't think Wimberley can put 42 points on our defense...If you will notice that Lh put less points on us than they did on Wimberley.I think both QB'S will see some pressure in this game. Cuero's defense is playing really good right now and Wimbereley's defense is not the same as last year when they were blowing people away.I agree with Wimbro Pro that this game will be won in the trenches and I like Cuero's chances in this one.I think Cuero's offense will be much better next week and I'm sure both teams will throw out all the stops to try and win.:)

Go Gobblers! I agree with you MGF. I have stayed pretty neutral and will continue because I think these two teams are evenly matched. But when they line up and go toe to toe, I think Cuero has a little bit bigger little toe :D

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I do agree, it won't be sweetwater, it'll be Snyder!!!!

OK guys!!
I probably spoke too soon. VERNON just mopped the field with the mustangs. They won't be an easy walk through for anybody.

wooden bear
11-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I cant wait for this game, like everyone has said its just too close to call. I saw the stats for the Wimberly qb last night, 17-17 over 300 yrds and 3td's, that is amazing. If im not mistaken they have a great RB too, not too sure on that though. These two teams seam to be very much alike and very balanced. The one good thing about this game is that neither team will play dirty unlike the last team we played.

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 05:43 PM
going to be a good one but im pulling for cuero in this one ... has it been announced were it is going to be played and what day yet because im to lazy to read the whole thread

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
going to be a good one but im pulling for cuero in this one ... has it been announced were it is going to be played and what day yet because im to lazy to read the whole thread Friday night, 7:00, Alamodome.

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 05:50 PM
hopefuly i will get to make this game and the hondo game on saturday i think im staying in SA next weekend so i should be good

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
The one good thing about this game is that neither team will play dirty

I think you are correct Wooden Bear..... I think both teams respect each other (it's evident the fans do) and will play 4 quarters of hard nosed, GATA football and none of that cleating fingers, throwing dirt in eyes, cheap shots to the crotch stuff....... Don't get me wrong, I am sure there will be some extremely hard hitting on both sides of the ball- just not cheap shots......

GO MEAN GREEN

crabman
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Cuero's really close games in the past have come down to the little things. Scoring for both teams was about half of what it normally was. '04 Wimberly ended up a fumble returned for a touchdown. Other than that, both teams put up two touchdowns. '04 Abilene Wylie. Both teams came in scoring 35-40 points a game. Both teams scored two touchdowns. Cuero had the chance to win it when Wylie muffed a punt. Cuero did not take advantage, Wylie did. Won it with a field goal with no time on the clock. '05 Hutto. Both offenses scoring at a 6 touchdown per game clip. In the game both teams got three apiece. Hutto tacked on a field goal to take it.

That is how I see this game. Both teams will score half of their regular totals. Both teams will punt twice as much as they have in any other game therefore punting game will be important. Fewer kickoffs so the kick off portion of the game will be more important. Field goals and extra points will be a matter of life and death.

When Cuero has been forced to win by attention to the little things we have come up a little short lately. Don't think Coach Reeve doesn't know this. Practice this week will be about special teams and defense. Learning from the past, I pick Cuero by 2.

rb585
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Celina has a cakewalk in their bracket. It's not even worth discussing.

Whoever they play in the final will have been through a gauntlet to get there.

rb585
11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Both played Liberty Hill and both won by 4. Wimberly lost their season opener to Giddings, it is seen by most as a big fluke since it was a blowout.

I wouldn't call it a big fluke. Giddings beat the dog out of Wimberley. Wimberley just really wasn't very good the first couple of games of this season, but they've made huge improvements since.

rb585
11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Who's bringing the fog machine?

:D

(GAWD, I HATE THE ALAMODOME!)

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 06:54 PM

That's because we are taking it one game at a time....... this week it's Wimberley vs Cuero and Orange Grove vs Hondo.... no disrespect to any of the other regions - just trying to stay focused...... by the way - the poster that brought up the Reg 1 teams isn't even from Reg IV..

GO MEAN GREEN

crabman
11-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Giddings beat the dog out of Wimberley. Wimberley just really wasn't very good the first couple of games of this season, but they've made huge improvements since.

A reliable source told me that Wimberly had five guys, including the QB, out with a staph infection for the first game so you can throw out that loss to Giddings. If that is true it makes Wimberly look that much more formidable and Gidding a lot more vulnerable in my eyes.

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Wooden Bear, you bet Wimberley has an outstanding RB...one of the best and most highly recruited RB's in the 3A area...Michael Buse.

The feeling I get from this game is one of mutual respect...and mutual "fear" of each others talent. This is how the game should be played. No matter what happens, the best team will come out the winner. Whether you truly believe this in your heart of hearts, its what will be said in the congradulation statements from the losing side. I just can feel it.

On a personal note, if we indeed lose, this will be my last game in which one of my nephews is playing. Its been a GREAT 6 years, with 3 nephews staggered within those half dozen years. I have a very comforting feeling of satisfaction...Cuero, in the play offs, for all the marbles...our last chance to beat them in the last year I have heart strings involved....win or lose, this is the best ending to the Cuero saga for me personally.

rb585
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by crabman
A reliable source told me that Wimberly had five guys, including the QB, out with a staph infection for the first game so you can throw out that loss to Giddings.

Your reliabe source lied to you. Beaty played against Giddings, but didn't have any time to throw because the O-line was pretty much a sieve early in the season.

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Year before last we (Columbia Roughnecks) met the Gobblers in the play offs and lost and last year we met the Wimberly Texans and lost. For some reason I was very impressed with Cuero, so therefore, I am pulling for the Gobblers.

Good luck Gobblers against Wimberly. If they are 1/2 the team they were last year, you are in for a ride.

rb585
11-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by footballfreak
Year before last we (Columbia Roughnecks) met the Gobblers in the play offs and lost and last year we met the Wimberly Texans and lost. For some reason I was very impressed with Cuero,

What didn't impress you about 62-7?

LHPfactory
11-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow :eek: I didn't expect you to go waaayyyy out on a limb saying that if he has time to throw ya'll will "slice" us up. I will guarantee you that MV did not have the secondary we have.

I went to both games that LH lost, one in Cuero and one in Wimberly. I think Cuero was a little bit better (However, Wimberly has improved each week since then). I havent seen a secondary like Cueros any where in the state, and I watched Giddings/WOS last night in Houston. This game is to close to call, but I think Cuero "MIGHT" be a little bit better, Maybe or Maybe not this coming weekend though. Its so close that if one team is a little off their game they will loose and the other win. Buse must be kept in check if Cuero wants to win. He makes things happen and is the X factor for the Texans. Good Luck to both teams, I hope we meet one of you two great teams in the Semis. :thinking:

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Wimberly impressed me also. It was a bad butt beating, but something about the Gobblers just stayed with me. Don't know what it was.

SpursFan
11-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Where and when is the game? Does anyone know for sure. Have heard several different stadiums in SA???

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
Where and when is the game? Does anyone know for sure. Have heard several different stadiums in SA???

Friday 7 PM Alamodome......... Gobblers on turf........ I can't wait......

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
GO MEAN GREEN ...GO MEAN GREEN ...GO MEAN GREEN ...why? cause Wildgobbler says so...:eek:

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 10:45 PM
I hope they don't take our noise makers away this week...we can rock the dome...:eek:

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 10:45 PM
GO TEAM!

Gobbler Fan
11-26-2006, 06:37 AM
ttt

injuredinmelee
11-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Friday 7 PM Alamodome......... Gobblers on turf........ I can't wait......

dang being a friday game I cant make it that early.

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I see no point in restarting this thread.....carry on. :D
Ditto! :D

GreenMachine
11-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I know that our coach likes to keep things as normal as possible (i.e. Friday games), but it would be a lot easier on the fans if the games were on Saturdays.

GreenMachine
11-26-2006, 11:30 AM
OK guys and gals, we can't run out of stuff to say yet, it's only Sunday :D

rodeo-rider
11-26-2006, 12:40 PM
these Texans are tough and ready to defend that state title...Gobblers gonna have to pick up about 2 notches...gonna be a stand up all night long and yell like crazy kinda game...back and back forth all night long...which ever offense is moving the ball with out any turnovers has upper hand, but who will that be...only way to find out is to have your butt at the Alamodome Friday night for one hell of a Texas showdown...it will be a classic...one to talk about for a long time...when it comes down to it, Gobblers have the upper hand...but I could be wrong...see you all at the Dome...:wave: :wave:

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
dang being a friday game I cant make it that early. You could if you took the day off or half a day like me. :D

GreenMachine
11-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Remember that Wimberley is the defending state champion, so they would have to be considered the favorite until knocked off.

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 01:14 PM
5 pages by Sunday @ noon - could be 15 by Friday :D

gobbler grad
11-26-2006, 01:25 PM
5 pages by Sunday @ noon - could be 15 by Friday :D

could get interesting very soon...just hope everyone has a pleasant week...:p

gold_33
11-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Anybody else wish it was Friday?

manormustangs
11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Anybody else wish it was Friday?

i do so we can eat some more gobblers up.......

wimberley 28
cuero 27

Gobbla2001
11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by manormustangs
i do so we can eat some more gobblers up.......

wimberley 28
cuero 27

we??? I thought you were from manor :confused:

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Wimberely Texans for $400 Alex

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Okay - so both teams have great QB's, RB's & DB's.

I'm sure the lines on both sides of the ball match up also.

Will it come down to special teams?? How are your kickers?? :D

Should be a fun week on the downlow & a great game Friday night!!! Get ready San Antonio the downlow is coming to town!!! :cool: :D

manormustangs
11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
we??? I thought you were from manor :confused:

i go for all of centex..in the playoffs......we scrimmiged wimberley and they are really good.....

rb585
11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Okay - so both teams have great QB's, RB's & DB's.

I wouldn't say that Wimberley has great DB's, at least compared to what they had last season. I think that's a big advantage to Cuero.

Wimberley's not very physically dominant on the lines, either.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but Wimberley's biggest advantage is coaching. I watched the first half of the Medina Valley game with my jaw in my lap because Wimberley played absolutely flawlessly. I haven't seen a team play that perfectly since...last year's Wimberley game against West Columbia.

This coaching staff has simply had Wimberley playing at the absolute top of their game in every playoff game the past three season. No reason to expect that to change, but I don't know if it will be enough, because it wasn't in 2004.

JT44
11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
like I have said before in previous threads, this year's coaching staff has been very conservative with play calling, it was really conservative against RH and didn't have to be all out against Sinton.
I talk to some of the kids and they say they run less than half of the stuff they practice every week. I just can't wait till they start to get it all out there.
As long as it works, the coaches just seem to keep it simple.

gobblerfan02
11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
like I have said before in previous threads, this year's coaching staff has been very conservative with play calling, it was really conservative against RH and didn't have to be all out against Sinton.
I talk to some of the kids and they say they run less than half of the stuff they practice every week. I just can't wait till they start to get it all out there.
As long as it works, the coaches just seem to keep it simple. So I guess I'll be seeing you in SA on Friday then JT? Hope everyone has a safe trip and watch an injury free game of smash mouth football...was that just an oxymoron?

Anyway, good luck to both teams!

crabman
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Let's see if I can get this photo to work.

Here is a picture of the last play of the game in '04 at the Fog Bowl. #53 is Bryan Weaver (unbweavable). Son of crabman.

If someone could make this bigger, I would appreciate it.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6455/gobblrwimweav306px9.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gobblrwimweav306px9.jpg)

NDFootball
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Where is this game being played?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 09:04 PM

Here is a picture of the last play of the game in '04 at the Fog Bowl. #53 is Bryan Weaver (unbweavable). Son of crabman.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2781/gobblrwimweav306px9uq8.jpg

crabman
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Alamodome Friday at 7:00.

crabman
11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
LHPM is the best. I post one or two photos a year and they are never sized right and I am not sharp enough to do it.

With the bigger photo you can get a sense of what that game looked like.

rb585
11-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Crabman, that can't be right -- I could have sworn the Cuero side was completely full that night!

crabman
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Actually that is the Wimberly stands you are looking at. Wimberly was going from my right to my left on the last drive which is the same angle this photo was taken from. What you see in the corner of the picture is the 100 or so empty seats that Wimberly left. Cuero had about 6,000 there. Wimberly only managed 5,900 or so.

BTW, Bryan still contends that is not a handfull of facemask that he has in that photo. He said his hand is closed like a fist. Either way, look at the referees position on the play.

rb585
11-26-2006, 09:38 PM
As long as it works, the coaches just seem to keep it simple.

I'm really not talking about play-calling, I'm talking about getting the kids to execute what's called.

Wimberley's D completely shut down MV's offense, but the kind of thing I'm talking about is MV had one possession in the second quarter (28-0) when Wimberley's backup middle linebacker completely blew up a draw play and a screen pass on consecutive plays.

This kid is tiny, and I honestly can't remember seeing him make plays in the four Wimberley games I've seen this season, but on consecutive plays he sailed through the line and hit the RB in the backfield, then fought off a block and hit the guy who caught the screen just as he tried to turn upfield.

That probably still didn't make a whole lot of sense, but oh well...

CueroDad2006
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6455/gobblrwimweav306px9.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gobblrwimweav306px9.jpg)

Anyone have anymore pics of that game in 04?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Anyone have anymore pics of that game in 04?
Give me a sec.... :D

rb585
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Actually that is the Wimberly stands you are looking at.

No, Seguin's stadium runs east-west IIRC, and Cuero was on the south side, and Wimberley was headed east on the last drive. I remember because that was on the other end of the field from where I was sitting.

And I was on edge of the Wimberley crowd at about the 30, so I know that Cuero had A LOT more people than Wimberley had.

The other thing I remember about that night is that it had been flooding, and they announced during the game that one of the roads to Cuero had been closed. :doh:

Darren
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Should be a great game.. I am pulling for you Wimberley lets see if we can get a Giddings Wimberley rematch somewhere down the line.

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6247/fogwimberleyvscuero1120kh5.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9237/cuerovswimberley111cu5.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2989/cuerovswimberley22zs0.jpg

rb585
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
WHO'S GONNA SNEAK A FOG MACHINE INTO THE ALAMODOME???

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 10:18 PM
hey Mike - I guess you didn't know where you were sitting that night:rolleyes:

pancho villa
11-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I say the team that scores the most will win, unless its a tie.

LHPfactory
11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Should be a great game.. I am pulling for you Wimberley lets see if we can get a Giddings Wimberley rematch somewhere down the line.

HOPEFULLY NOT

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Im pulling for Cuero since all the Cuero posters on here are classy.

pirate4state
11-27-2006, 11:18 AM
The downlow poll is EVEN right now. :clap: This game is gonna be a doozy!! :thumbsup:

Is it Friday yet??? :D

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Wimberley up by two...

I think I'm bringing two people who aren't from Cuero and have never been to a Cuero game to the game... maybe I dunno we'll see...

Bring friends, take family, pack that sucka...

turkey_trot06
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow, those pictures bring back memories - actually that was one of the more memorable games for me.

These Wimberley posters are awesome, I couldn't be more thrilled about their great sportsmanship. And I am SO UPSET that I can't go Friday - This is THE GAME of the YEAR!!...okay, maybe not quite that big, but pretty close. I'm performing in a play all week, but I'll get my sister to text me updates...But it's just not the same :(

GO MEAN GREEN!

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 02:51 PM
that was just a wicked game...

How about this, how many players that played in that game are playing in this one???

Off of the top of my head:

Ace Sloan at DB (DB and some WR/FB this year)
Kyle Noack at DB (took the stripped ball into the endzone for the final TD, now QB)
Gobbler84 Kaeron Johnson at TE (TE and DE this year)
WR Tre Gray (WR/DB forget if he played any DB in that game)
Fabian Olguin at RB (still RB)

anymore???

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 03:10 PM

How about this, how many players that played in that game are playing in this one???

Kyle Noack at DB (took the stripped ball into the endzone for the final TD, now QB)

anymore???

How about
Domingo Ruiz #20

JT44
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM

anymore???

I think that's all, some that are playing now may have suited up after being moved from JV and Fresh teams but those are the only ones that actually played

Gobbla2001
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
How about
Domingo Ruiz #20

he played in that game?

JT44
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
How about
Domingo Ruiz #20

i think he was there at cb behind jeremy ross and nick taylor

KTJ
11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I think I'm going to this game.

TexDad
11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anymore???

Here's a few I know that played from Wimberley that played that night.
Buse-RB
Cerday-Center
Gold-RB/Special teams
Not many!!

gobble_up03
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
look at this poll...about as even as the teams seem to be!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

gold_33
11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Has there ever been a poll this close? 107 votes and its 53-54

tigerpride_08
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM
i might be going to this game too...so it better be good...:p

gold_33
11-27-2006, 09:26 PM
C'mon folks its only Monday and everyones run outta stuff to write about geez! I think this has been the cleanest big game thread ever, just goes to show the respect the fans have for each others program. Or maybe everyone is just nervous as hell like me cause someones gonna be playin B-Ball come next week and thats about the only thing that everyone knows is a fact right now, until Friday rolls around!

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM
C'mon folks its only Monday and everyones run outta stuff to write about geez! I think this has been the cleanest big game thread ever, just goes to show the respect the fans have for each others program. Or maybe everyone is just nervous as hell like me cause someones gonna be playin B-Ball come next week and thats about the only thing that everyone knows is a fact right now, until Friday rolls around!

I am thinking of buying stock in Pepcid this week :p

crabman
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I think it's that quiet nervousness. That feeling of dread. The feeling that you know in your heart that if you played this game 10 times it would be 5-5. If you played a hundred times it would be 51-49 but no one has a clue who would have the 51 and who would have the 49. You want to pound your chest and say you are the greatest but you know it isn't true. There will be someone on the other side of the ball that is just as good, just as dedicated, just as classy. At the end of the night there will be a winner. Not the best team in this case. I think these are so close that neither one is "the best". Just suffice it to say that one will be the winner and go on to represent both of our towns to the best of their ability. Let there be no doubt that Wimberly and Cuero represent what is right about high school football in Texas and especially Region IV.

44INAROW
11-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I think it's that quiet nervousness. That feeling of dread. The feeling that you know in your heart that if you played this game 10 times it would be 5-5. If you played a hundred times it would be 51-49 but no one has a clue who would have the 51 and who would have the 49. You want to pound your chest and say you are the greatest but you know it isn't true. There will be someone on the other side of the ball that is just as good, just as dedicated, just as classy. At the end of the night there will be a winner. Not the best team in this case. I think these are so close that neither one is "the best". Just suffice it to say that one will be the winner and go on to represent both of our towns to the best of their ability. Let there be no doubt that Wimberly and Cuero represent what is right about high school football in Texas and especially Region IV.

amen....... nice post :)

88bobcats
11-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Giddings played excellent defense against WO-S this past weekend. They blitzed quite a bit and took the Mustangs out of their passing game. To that end, Giddings threw only one pass all night, and I'm told they'd only thrown 12 passes throughout the year. Fitzhenry's a talented, aggressive player, and I might be proven wrong, but I don't think Giddings can continue to win at a higher level each week with only a great running game.

Sorry Gobblers.....I think Wimberley wins a close one against Cuero, then beats Hondo, and then beats Giddings. I don't know enough about Liberty Hill.....they're an x-factor. I'm predicting Liberty Hill/Wimberley v. Celina/Vernon for the state championship game.

Postscript: What's also impressive to me is that Pilot Point and Celina have historically been 2A teams, and they're playing well so soon after moving up in classification.

crabman
11-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Postscript: What's also impressive to me is that Pilot Point and Celina have historically been 2A teams, and they're playing well so soon after moving up in classification.

P.S.S. See 2006 Barbers Hill from 3A to 4A

88bobcats
11-28-2006, 12:02 AM
I agree, Barbers Hill had a good year.....but they were knocked out in the first round by Beaumont Central.

crabman
11-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey 88bobcats, what ever happened to the string of unbelievable pole vaulters that came through Orangefield? Any time you have a string of athletes like that in that sport, you know there is a coach attached to it. Did he retire or move away. I was always curious about that.

88bobcats
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
I was overseas for a while, so I don't know what happened; but Coach Hester is no longer at Orangefield. He might have retired 'cause I've seen him a couple of times 'round town. I think he coached Orangefield pole vault state champs for about 10 years; and if my memory serves, Eric Eschbach was a NCAA National Pole Vault Champion at Nebraska.

I wish he were still coaching our kids.....

88bobcats
11-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Whoops! Grammar Correction:

I wish he was still coaching our kids.....

crabman
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Eric Eschbach and Jacob Davis were two of the best. I started following pole vault when I went to high school in Port Lavaca. Home of the Sandcrabs (crabman, get it?) I was friends with Randy Hall. He won state in 4A and then went to A&M. Won NCAA's indoors and outdoors in '81, I believe. His son is now one of the top vaulters in Indiana. Hunter Hall.

88bobcats
11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Before Eric Eschbach and Jacob Davis was Wayne Guidry. Darrell Quebodeaux, Todd McManus, Scotty Wilson, Josh Wiegand, Jonathan Henley and Ryan Hickey also competed at the state level.

Nine different kids competing at and placing at state is a hugh feather in Coach Hester's hat.

88bobcats
11-28-2006, 12:49 AM
But I digress.....I wish I could go to the Cuero/Wimberley game. I saw Wimberley handle WO-S last year, and that Code Red defense was all over the field.

I agree with so many of the other posts. This is going to be a great one!

29-3aFAN
11-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Can I get the scores texted to me. I will be out of state when this game happens. ?

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Can I get the scores texted to me. I will be out of state when this game happens.
I'm sure I'll be getting updates periodically during the game. I'd be happy to forward them to you if you'd like. :)

KTJ
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Surely someone on this board can get me a free ticket, right?

29-3aFAN
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm sure I'll be getting updates periodically during the game. I'd be happy to forward them to you if you'd like. :)
Thanks

JT44
11-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Alright, I'll start the debating, we have played nice long enough, our towns are opponents this week so we can argue till friday night when the teams play and come back Saturday and make nice again

I have the same feeling I had last year when Cuero played LH, that feeling that you know your team is in for a big one, but you know they are gonna pull it off and do it in a big way.
I didn't have that feeling against Hutto, I had the feeling Hutto would just impose their will on the gobblers.

I feel that Wimberly just won't be able to put their stamp on this game. I just think they won't be able to pick apart the Gobbler secondary and since wimberly runs the spread, I think Cuero will be able to hold down (to a point) Buse and Beatty

It's my opinion, and I just think Cuero has the players with more ability at the right positions on offense and defense to match up with Wimberly

I'm pulling for a BIG Cuero win, maybe by 12

44INAROW
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM

It's my opinion, and I just think Cuero has the players with more ability at the right positions on offense and defense to match up with Wimberly

I'm pulling for a BIG Cuero win, maybe by 12

I like the way you think and sure hope you are right..... going to be a great game...........

GO MEAN GREEN

pirate4state
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
As an unbiased fan ( :eek: ) I want to see a good football game. I want to be on the edge of my seat. Kinda like the end of the Port Isabel/Orange Grove game and the Liberty Hill/Cuero game. I've not seen Wimberley play this year, but if they are anywhere near the caliber team they were last year....look out!! I've seen what Cuero can do. Looking forward to a good, hard hitting game!!! :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS!!!

NewYorkYankee
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Also as an unbiased fan (:D ) I hope Cuero kicks their butt!!!!! GO GOBBLERS!!:mad:

turkey_trot06
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Surely someone on this board can get me a free ticket, right?

Are you originally from Cuero, Wimberley, or neither?

firstcat
11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
This is a tough one. So much talent, so much commitment, and so much riding on one game. I have been trying to choose a side in this one, but doing so by evaluating the teams and their seasons-to-date is almost impossible! Even my heart-strings are split 50-50 because I lived in Cuero for many years, and yet I have a niece and nephew that are Wimberley Texans! So, I'll make no prediction. I'll just say:
The best of luck to both teams, and my hope is that all remain healthy, and that we succeed to meet one of the two of you again before the season is over.
As someone said earlier in the thread, you have to BEAT the best to BE the best...this is a prime example of that pursuit...
only the best remain. Thank God for 3A High School Football!!!!!
Go GET 'Em Texlers, or Gobbans....GEEZ!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
saw this prediction on the sasports.com board:

Wimberley 25, Cuero 6

most say it'll be close, some say it'll be a high scoring game and close...

That poll was 15-14 Wimberley last time I checked...

JT44
11-28-2006, 06:47 PM
saw this prediction on the sasports.com board:

Wimberley 25, Cuero 6

most say it'll be close, some say it'll be a high scoring game and close...

That poll was 15-14 Wimberley last time I checked...

I don't see a defense holding Cuero to only 6

GreenMachine
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Last time we played in the Alamodome it was suppose to be close too...;)

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't see a defense holding Cuero to only 6

I can see it clearly...

Only 6 in the 4th when our starters are out :eek:

Just joking Wimberley... I think all of the starters play the whole game in this one...

JT44
11-28-2006, 06:59 PM
has wimberley ever played in the dome?
are they loaded with seniors like cuero?

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
A quote from Cuero's very own, pavillion:

"cuero always folds if they play a physical team. wimberley will come out laying the smack down dwayne johnson style and will dominate this game."

gotta love his support of Cuero...

Gobbla2001
11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Where did Cuero get this guy/gal from by the way

http://www.sasports.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=54381&sid=ed9d6eb979050cff291f664b98c3d0ca#54381

can we get our money back???

hell, we'll pay someone to take him/her...

gobbler grad
11-28-2006, 07:46 PM
pavillion is a jerk...:clap: who listens anyway...:thinking:

gold_33
11-28-2006, 08:57 PM

Great post Crabman! Couldnt have put it better myself, there's just this "I dont know" feeling about this game.

gold_33
11-28-2006, 09:01 PM
has wimberley ever played in the dome?
are they loaded with seniors like cuero?

We played in the dome in '01 vs LaGrange and lost but thats our only trip. Yes Wimberley is loaded with seniors, I think its 8/8 on both sides of the ball with senior starters.

CueroDad2006
11-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Can anyone tell us the size of both lines? D and O line of both teams?

JT44
11-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Ready For Round 2
Noack Hopes To Lead Gobblers To Another Win Over Texans
November 29, 2006 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY MIKE FORMAN - ADVOCATE SPORTS WRITER
CUERO - Kyle Noack hasn't forgotten the last time Cuero played Wimberley.

"I remember the fog," Noack said. "I remember it was an intense, physical game that either team could have won and it happened to go our way."

But Noack's most vivid memory of the Wimberley game is of picking up a Texans fumble and running 27 yards for the decisive touchdown in the Gobblers' 21-17 Class 3A, Division I regional playoff win in 2004 at a foggy Matador Stadium in Seguin.

"The thing about Kyle is he's a good leader, he makes great decisions and he's real accurate," Cuero head coach Mark Reeve said. "But the best thing is he's just a winner."

Noack will start at quarterback instead of safety when Cuero (12-0) and Wimberley (11-1) meet again in a Division II regional playoff game Friday at 7 p.m. at the Alamodome in San Antonio. But Noack has continued to play a vital role in the Gobblers' success.

Noack completed 149 of 220 passes (67.7 percent) for 2,666 yards and 32 touchdowns with four interceptions as a junior while leading the Gobblers to a 13-1 record and the Division II semifinals. Noack has been even better this season, completing 154 of his 218 passes (70.6 percent) for 2,409 yards and 33 touchdowns with five interceptions despite sitting out the fourth quarter of a number of games.

"We have a lot of confidence in Kyle," Reeve said. "We knew he'd do a great job. There are not many quarterbacks who throw for 32 touchdowns and he's already done better than that this season."

The 6-foot, 185-pound Noack worked hard to get better over the summer, attending the Nike combine in College Station and camps at Texas State and Rice, where he ran a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, the fastest at the camp.

"I think my biggest improvement is in my consistency," Noack said. "I had some games last year where I was erratic and this year I've been more consistent. I have that year and I see everything little better and a little faster. Everything kind of slows down after you have more experience."

Noack admits he felt a bit more pressure coming into the season with Cuero ranked No. 1 in many preseason polls and facing such high expectations. But Noack insists he didn't let it affect his performance.

"There's always a certain kind of pressure and a standard that people here want you to live up to and I think that's a big part of why we've had so much success," Noack said. "I felt leadership-wise I would have to have more impact on the team. But I felt better about it because I knew what to expect."

The Gobblers haven't altered their offense much from last season but have made fewer mistakes and are less hesitant to take risks with Noack taking snaps.

"What we've been able to do this season is take a few more deep shots," Cuero offensive coordinator Travis Reeve said. "Kyle does a great job of getting our guys the football. He's an accurate thrower and takes advantage of the short stuff. But with the talented people we have at receiver it presents the opportunity to go deep and that has added another dimension to our offense."

Noack threw to three receivers for 181 yards and four touchdowns in Cuero's 48-0 bi-district win over Sinton and to seven receivers for 125 yards and two touchdowns in the Gobblers' 21-8 area win over Rio Hondo.

"Kyle does so many things well," Travis Reeve said. "I just think having another year of experience makes him more relaxed. He's been a great leader and done a great job of running the offense. He's done a great job of keeping us out of bad plays and getting in to good plays. He's done just a great overall job on the field."

One aspect of Noack's game that hasn't been showcased much this season is his ability to run. Noack rushed for 493 yards and seven touchdowns last season but has carried only 38 times for 182 yards and three touchdowns this season.

"It doesn't matter to me," Noack said. "We're 12-0, still in the playoffs and playing December football so we're right where we want to be. We know this could be our last shot every week, the last time we wear Gobbler green and the last time we get to spend another week with our friends. My only goal is to win a state championship. That's about the only thing we haven't done since I've been here."

NOTES: Advance tickets for the Wimberley-Cuero game are $4 for students and children and $8 for adults. All tickets at the Alamodome gate will be $9. Cuero will be the home team. The game will be broadcast on KEPG, 100.9 FM.

44INAROW
11-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I was reading on another board and there is a Cuero/Wimberley thread going - friendly "back and forth" stuff - but I just thought this was funny - the thread is talking about which team has the best defense etc - and it comes up that Cuero hasn't been tested, yada yada - that kind of stuff (good natured none the less) anyway - this is the guys' parting shot:
rkhufu7

"Post #1818 Re: Cuero vs Wimberley Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Wimberly plays better defense, and defense wins titles.

2. They already played the Buffs, a much better team than Cuero.

3. Defending state champions."

Isnt' that the game Wimberley lost? I am not slamming anyone or making any predictions - or saying Cuero's D is better than Wimberley's - but don't you think that was an ODD game to throw out there as an example?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/CuerovsRioHondoNov2006.jpg

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I was reading on another board and there is a Cuero/Wimberley thread going - friendly "back and forth" stuff - but I just thought this was funny - the thread is talking about which team has the best defense etc - and it comes up that Cuero hasn't been tested, yada yada - that kind of stuff (good natured none the less) anyway - this is the guys' parting shot:
rkhufu7

"Post #1818 Re: Cuero vs Wimberley Reply

1. Wimberly plays better defense, and defense wins titles.

2. They already played the Buffs, a much better team than Cuero.

3. Defending state champions."

Isnt' that the game Wimberley lost? I am not slamming anyone or making any predictions - or saying Cuero's D is better than Wimberley's - but don't you think that was an ODD game to throw out there as an example?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/CuerovsRioHondoNov2006.jpg I agree with ya 44, it does kinda make you wonder what the heck they were trying to prove by that statement, or maybe they just wanted to prove how low their IQ measured, anyway, hope to see you this friday, btw, how was Rosie's at lunch, I saw your vehicle parked their on my way to the Bonhoff (Sp?)!

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2006, 02:20 PM
rkhufu7

but don't you think that was an ODD game to throw out there as an example?

His "adopted" team is out of the playoffs, so he had to find a new jock to ride. :devil: :devil: :devil: Oh, and that's one of CallallenWildcat's favorite posters. :evillol: :evillol:

gobble_up03
11-29-2006, 03:06 PM
IS IT FRIDAY YET?!?!?!?

gobblerfan02
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
His "adopted" team is out of the playoffs, so he had to find a new jock to ride. :devil: :devil: :devil: Oh, and that's one of CallallenWildcat's favorite posters. :evillol: :evillol:

Sorry Deb, but I couldn't help it!!!

How do you know all about ridin' jocks?!!

crabman
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
But Noack's most vivid memory of the Wimberley game is of picking up a Texans fumble and running 27 yards for the decisive touchdown in the Gobblers' 21-17 Class 3A, Division I regional playoff win in 2004 at a foggy Matador Stadium in Seguin.

The play that almost didn't happen. Unbweavable was laying on the ground about two feet from the ball and was reaching for the fumble recovery when Noack scooped it up and ran it in for a score. If Bryan had recovered that fumble there is no way to know if Cuero could have gone the 27 yards and scored. Sometimes things just bounce right.

rb585
11-29-2006, 09:33 PM
The play that almost didn't happen. Unbweavable was laying on the ground about two feet from the ball and was reaching for the fumble recovery when Noack scooped it up and ran it in for a score. If Bryan had recovered that fumble there is no way to know if Cuero could have gone the 27 yards and scored. Sometimes things just bounce right.

Fumble bounces were the difference in that game. That ball bounced right to Noack, who didn't even need to break stride.

At pretty much the same part of the field, Cuero's RB fumbled, and it somehow bounced right back to him even though he was on the ground.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by rb585
Fumble bounces were the difference in that game. That ball bounced right to Noack, who didn't even need to break stride.

At pretty much the same part of the field, Cuero's RB fumbled, and it somehow bounced right back to him even though he was on the ground.

But even before the fumble, Cuero's defense was in the QB's face... if he got the pass off, he was still on the ground... there was plenty of time left in that game for Cuero to score a TD...

But either way, TD Cuero... who knew the boy would throw so many of offense the next couple of years...

Lion92
11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Have not seen Cuero since last year but Wimberley was impressive this year when I watched them. Wimberley by 7.