11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
I have no idea on time/ place

Who will win the Region 3 D1 Title

pdeuce
11-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I have no idea on time/ place

Who will win the Region 3 D1 Title

it will be in college station at kyle stadium. not sure what time though.

JR2004
11-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by pdeuce

Well it looks like Randy Kitchens is playing his best ball at the right time. I'll take Robinson to make the state-semis for the first time since 1999.

g$$
11-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by pdeuce

It's KYLE FIELD, Brent Musberger, & has been since the 1920s!

7:30 PM College Station, Texas A&M University
Friday @ Kyle Field

nexfan
11-25-2006, 02:38 AM
I read Sweeny might play at Kyle Field as well!! That would be sweet if they play Friday before us!! Got any info on that g$$?

g$$
11-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Just talk after the game, so nothing confirmed.

Liberty Hill plays Crockett tomorrow, so then it will be set.

I was told (so take it for what it is worth):

LH = Bryan/College Station
Crockett = back in Conroe

(LH is heavily favored)

Should know more by tomorrow night...

Great job 'Necks & enjoy Kyle Field on the big stage!

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Flannel has got to have another big game for Columbia if they expect to beat Robinson

scrublydubly
11-25-2006, 09:41 AM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!! I don't even have to travel to go to that one since I am a student at the GREAT Texas A&M University.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Let's get Necked at Kyle Grass (just for you G$$ :D )

scrublydubly
11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Say pduece, it's Kyle Field not stadium. Like Jeff Gordon said Wrigley Stadium, not Wrigley Field, but we straight brotha, I really aint even mad atcha. Roughnecks get a W...awwwwready!

mac77
11-25-2006, 10:06 AM
scrubbly, don't you have some goats to check or some cows to palpate? And try not to get any of that on your keyboard!!

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 10:08 AM
any robinson posters out there who can give us insight into their team????

scrublydubly
11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Bull to milk mac77...get it right

carter08
11-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by scrublydubly
Bull to milk mac77...get it right

Milking a bull?
Is that possible
I wouldn't want to drink what comes out of that

charlesrixey
11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
if it's going to be an offensive shootout, i will take Robinson hands down

scrublydubly
11-25-2006, 10:16 AM
inside joke carter08...too young for you to understand

awizzy
11-25-2006, 11:24 AM
flannel is going wreck shop...again

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Necks take control by the 2nd quarter - win by 23

Go Necks!

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
win by 23

Dayummm Miss Cleo :eek:

nexfan
11-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Hands down?? 44 points and 509 total yards against Silsbee! Not promising anything but if its a shootout Robinson is not winning hands down!!

strosfan
11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Robinson is better than most people think. They held Caldwell to six points earlier in the season. And that was before the UIL took away their awesome RB. And they just beat Palestine.
But on the other hand Columbia is a lot better than what they were in the beginning of the season. Should be an excellent game, almost too close to call. But I think Robinson has the edge.

nexfan
11-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by strosfan
Robinson is better than most people think. They held Caldwell to six points earlier in the season. And that was before the UIL took away their awesome RB. And they just beat Palestine.
But on the other hand Columbia is a lot better than what they were in the beginning of the season. Should be an excellent game, almost too close to call. But I think Robinson has the edge.

Ask the Bellville posters how much Columbia has improved. It's like night and day. Rolling at the right time as well, everyone is healthy. Hope Flannel can put on a show for Fran. That can constitute as one of his five visits to a D1 school.

tigerpride_08
11-25-2006, 01:54 PM
columbia seems to be on a roll now...i'll take them and they'll keep up representing our district...

Necked
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Let's get Necked at Kyle Grass (just for you G$$ :D )
What, are ya'll gonna beat me up or something if I go to the game? :confused:

Anyway, we're in the deep end now with little room for mistakes. And we have to face another QB with wheels. We've had trouble containing them, so the defense is going to have to step it up a notch to give us a chance. I don't think we can afford to fall behind to Robinson like we did to Silsbee either. Ball control will be our best bet, as usual.
Will Edwards be able to play? Ankle sprain?

scrub c
11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
.... everyone is healthy. ...

not quite, we got pretty banged up by silsbee. they were a very physical team.

hope the edwards kid is alright, would be a HUGE loss if he is unable to play.

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I dont' know about everyone else but I was very impressed with #25 last night after Boo got hurt. Boo is a good ball player, but on punt returns he hesitates too much. #25 just barrelled right on through.

I hope next week is a blow out on WC's part because my heart can't take another game like last nights game.

Once again, awesome job by the offense - Flannel and that great offensive line.

neck_06
11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by footballfreak
Boo is a good ball player, but on punt returns he hesitates too much.

when was the last time you returned a punt???????

thought so. leave boo alone, he is a good player and will be missed if he can't play.

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Robinson

nexfan
11-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Robinson

what about em?

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Um...they will win unless Kitchens has a bad game ;)

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Now look Mr Minks, I am not picking on Boo - I love Boo and he is a good ballplayer, but he can't be execeptional in everyn position. My opinion is that punt returns is one of his weaknesses. I have never returned a punt and don't plan on it. But you know we all have opinons and that's what makes the world go round. Nobody in this town is a bigger Roughneck Fan than me - and I support them all. I just don't think Boo is that good on punt returns.

nexfan
11-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Um...they will win unless Kitchens has a bad game ;)

They beat ya'll by like 6 points and Rockdale was 2-8!! What makes you think we cant beat them. Hope they have some wheels or it might get interesting.

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
They beat ya'll by like 6 points and Rockdale was 2-8!! What makes you think we cant beat them. Hope they have some wheels or it might get interesting. Kitchens had a bad game from what I was told that game.

neck_06
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Now look Mr Minks, I am not picking on Boo - I love Boo and he is a good ballplayer, but he can't be execeptional in everyn position. My opinion is that punt returns is one of his weaknesses. I have never returned a punt and don't plan on it. But you know we all have opinons and that's what makes the world go round. Nobody in this town is a bigger Roughneck Fan than me - and I support them all. I just don't think Boo is that good on punt returns.

ok, well if we are going to go there:

A) Not Flannel, Boo, or Holmes (#25) is our best punt returner.

B) Our best punt returner is either Justin Perado or Justin Scott. IMO, West Columbia doesn't have that one guy who can go 80 yards on a punt return on any given punt. they haven't in a while. we need a guy with sure hands (like boo) but the guy with the surest hands on the team has to be Perado.

C) please don't call me out by my name........i choose the people on here who know who i am, not you. thanks.

Dogs_21
11-25-2006, 06:07 PM
I cant wait to see this one.....

44INAROW
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Dayummm Miss Cleo :eek:

sshh don't tell anyone :D

footballfreak
If you don't want people to call you by name then you shouldn't put your mug on here. I see you haven't changed a bit since High School - you are still a punk. It's your way or the highway. I was using the term loosely by calling you Mr. in the first place.

Case closed - the fact remains you are no longer playing for the Roughnecks, so therefore you can't toot your horn any longer. You are full of yourself by putting your video on this sight in the first place. I thought you were the wonderful baseball person.

I wonder when you will ever grow up?

nexfan
11-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Kitchens had a bad game from what I was told that game.

Well if you were just told about the game instead of seeing them play in person, I'd probably get a little more info to back up that prediction. Robinson is good, no doubt or they wouldnt be in the regional final. Seems like they give up alot of points, other than the Hutto game in week one. God I hope they dont run the option!!!

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Spread option ;)

nexfan
11-25-2006, 06:13 PM
If you don't want people to call you by name then you shouldn't put your mug on here. I see you haven't changed a bit since High School - you are still a punk. It's your way or the highway. I was using the term loosely by calling you Mr. in the first place.

Case closed - the fact remains you are no longer playing for the Roughnecks, so therefore you can't toot your horn any longer. You are full of yourself by putting your video on this sight in the first place. I thought you were the wonderful baseball person.

Who pissed in your Kix? Who are you to talk mess about somebody you obviously dont know. Probably mad because you dont even have a chick and your highlight video consists of playing the jazz flute. You should just respect that someone doesnt want there name on here and leave it at that.

nexfan
11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Spread option ;)

Much better. I think its easier for the necks to defend out of the shotgun opposed to being under center!!

neck_06
11-25-2006, 06:15 PM

priceless....

1) i still don't see how i was "tooting my horn" by saying that justin perado was prolly the best punt returner, but o well.

2) the video was put on here by request when i was up for "3adownlow Player of the Year"

3) how are you going to tell me to grow up when you are the one calling me a punk? if you have a problem with me from high school, don't call me out on a web site, do it in person.

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
I know him way too well. Trust me. Nobody ticked me off except him, but he has been doing that for years. Evidentally you don't know him.

It doens't matter anyway. The subject is supposed to be football and that's what I am going back to. Football and only football.

necks3
11-25-2006, 06:18 PM
haha football freak must have meant kickoff returns. because 25 was runnin back the kickoffs, not punts

neck_06
11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by necks3
haha football freak must have meant kickoff returns. because 25 was runnin back the kickoffs, not punts

yeah, flannel was the only one to return a punt friday and he muffed it. you going to the game friday necks3? right in our backyard....

necks3
11-25-2006, 06:25 PM
yes sir

nexfan
11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Love Boo, he is probably the fastest player on the team but that doesnt make him the best return man on the team. If you claim to be a fan you must have been to a couple of the games this year. Boo tends to put the ball on the ground more than anyone else on the team. Probably has the most fumbles. Flannel is a great athlete but he dropped two passes and muffed a punt last night. Not neccesarrily his game recieving passes 40 yards downfield. Keep him in the backfield and have Justin Scott return the punts. Boo is definetely the best return man on kickoffs when he holds on to the ball. Ive known neck_06 since he was a 6 year old so check yourself before you wreck yourself.

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 06:31 PM
sorry neck_06 for saying your name. just figured with your picture there most people knew who you were. But, you have to respect that I have an opinion just like you do. The majority of the Necks are talented. Boo, being one of them (the fastest young man at Columbia High School). He knows me and knows that I know he is a wonderful ballplayer. Personally, I just don't believe that is his best position. I hope his ankle is healed and he is ready to go Friday night. I didn't have a problem with you in high school, because I have shoes older than you. I honestly felt you got ugly with me first by downing my opinon - Sorry for the ugly remarks - I really don't mean any of them.

GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!

neck_06
11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
sorry neck_06 for saying your name. just figured with your picture there most people knew who you were. But, you have to respect that I have an opinion just like you do. The majority of the Necks are talented. Boo, being one of them (the fastest young man at Columbia High School). He knows me and knows that I know he is a wonderful ballplayer. Personally, I just don't believe that is his best position. I hope his ankle is healed and he is ready to go Friday night. I didn't have a problem with you in high school, because I have shoes older than you. I honestly felt you got ugly with me first by downing my opinon - Sorry for the ugly remarks - I really don't mean any of them.

GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!

i still don't see how all the "punk" talk was triggered by me expressing my opinion............sorry if it was the "when have you returned a punt" but i joke like that all the time on here, check and see.

P.S. - and if you have shoes older than me...........why the hell are you talking trash about me? seems a little odd.

Pudlugger
11-25-2006, 06:41 PM
These are two really good football teams laboring week in and week out pretty much unappreciated by the gliteratti. I think
Robinson has the edge for their defense. Any team that holds a fully loaded and healthy Caldwell to 6 has got to be tough, plus beating Hutto and Palestine confirms their credentials. Columbia busted the Bellville balloon and proved again their strength against a big and physical Silsbee so it is by no means one sided. I think
Robinson has the edge but I will not be surprised or upset if the Necks win this one.:)

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Let's just forget the whole trash thing. Not my style anyway. I'm saying I'm sorry - are you accepting? One day I might reveal myself. I have also known you since you were about 8 or so. You are right - I am the adult here and I should act like it.

footballfreak
11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I had never heard of Waco Robinson until I saw them in the playoff bracket on Texas HS football.com. Are they big, fast, passers, rushers, etc? Do they have an outstanding running back like Flannel?

g$$
11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Waco Robinson has been around a long time. Not a new school or anything.

Used to be known as a 3A baseball powerhouse. I played with a guy from Robinson in juco. Mascot is the "Rockets", blue & white.

QB Kitchens is their main weapon from what I understand.

Pudlugger
11-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Robinson beat La Grange 28-14 with Tye Gunn and the Leps 11-0 going into the second round of the DII playoffs in 1999. They went on to lose to Sealy in the semis who lost to Commerce in the final. The Rockets are a well coached athletic football team that has been in the mix pretty much every year since.

pdeuce
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It's KYLE FIELD, Brent Musberger, & has been since the 1920s!

7:30 PM College Station, Texas A&M University
Friday @ Kyle Field

pdeuce
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by scrublydubly
Say pduece, it's Kyle Field not stadium. Like Jeff Gordon said Wrigley Stadium, not Wrigley Field, but we straight brotha, I really aint even mad atcha. Roughnecks get a W...awwwwready!

mac77
11-25-2006, 10:35 PM
You go girl!

carter08
11-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Peredo has really impressed me the last few weeks, especially with his hand and everything.

Please Stop Arguing

I am supposed to the Roughneck Fan everyone hates, not you 2

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 10:43 PM
good luck Columbia...were pulling for you...:clap:

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Well if you were just told about the game instead of seeing them play in person, I'd probably get a little more info to back up that prediction. Robinson is good, no doubt or they wouldnt be in the regional final. Seems like they give up alot of points, other than the Hutto game in week one. God I hope they dont run the option!!! I've played against Kitchens in his soph. and junior year. He is a stud. I know how good he is.

scrublydubly
11-25-2006, 10:45 PM
i wasnt even talking bad about you then you go off and say stuff like that...and i aint no damn coon son, you obviously dont know me then...i didnt say one negative thing about you, but hey if it makes you feel better about yourself then keep doing it...and how you gonna call me a coon when you go to SFA, think before you talk brotha...GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!

scrub c
11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I've played against Kitchens in his soph. and junior year. He is a stud. I know how good he is.

how is he gonna hurt the Necks, running or throwing?
in other words, what is his strength?

I assume they are a spread you out all over the field and run the VY counter read and option stuff???

We saw some of that against sealy.
(they ran up and down the field against us )
:(

I guess this is gonna be another game we dont have a chance of winning...

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 11:12 PM
does anybody know anything about the injured silsbee player who was taken off on a stretcher?

..... i heard he broke his neck but that source is not 100% sure.

scrub c
11-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I heard he was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure, think he may have had a concussion early in the season, head and spine injuries are NOTHING to take lightly.
So they had to make sure.

HPLJ6L
11-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Ask the Bellville posters how much Columbia has improved. It's like night and day. Rolling at the right time as well, everyone is healthy. Hope Flannel can put on a show for Fran. That can constitute as one of his five visits to a D1 school.

We would ask a Bellville fan if we could find one. I guess we should check the basketball forum. Seriously though, is it just me or has the pasture gone silent?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I see no point in restarting this thread.....carry on. :D
And again.... :D

awizzy
11-26-2006, 12:21 PM
idk why..but i cant wait to go to college station...it almost hurts to say that

rodeo-rider
11-26-2006, 12:27 PM
gotta go with the Roughnecks...:clap:

Bull19
11-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
We would ask a Bellville fan if we could find one. I guess we should check the basketball forum. Seriously though, is it just me or has the pasture gone silent?

I NEVER KNEW A PIECE OF LAND COULD SPEAK?:thinking: :confused:

Old Tiger
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
how is he gonna hurt the Necks, running or throwing?
in other words, what is his strength?

I assume they are a spread you out all over the field and run the VY counter read and option stuff???

We saw some of that against sealy.
(they ran up and down the field against us )
:(

I guess this is gonna be another game we dont have a chance of winning... Yes he can hurt you running and throwing. Very good arm.

tigerdad
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
does anybody know anything about the injured silsbee player who was taken off on a stretcher?

..... i heard he broke his neck but that source is not 100% sure. he is fine all he had was a concusion, he was carted off to just be for sure, no broke neck or bones !!!!!

pancho villa
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I can't wait to go play at Kile Stadium this fri.

Go Necks win at Kile Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 09:03 AM
kile stadium????

how bout kyle field?:confused:

grunter
11-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Kyle Stadium!!!
omgosh have u not seen the past replies on this thread lol

necks_c/09
11-27-2006, 11:05 AM
quit postin on my name coach. its not my fault i dont log out.

NHSBulldog75
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm married to a certified Port Arthur Coona$$ so I know that's a real way to spell go!

KMAC67
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
i look 4 columbia 2 win this week. Robinson is a very good and well coached team. but i still take tha nex.

if columbia comes out 2 play like they did agenced bellville then they will win. if they let robinson hang around then ne thing can happen.

if Flannel is healthy and tha O-Line makes holes then the nex r hard 2 beat.

NHSBulldog75
11-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Eye no wii learned you to spel beter dan dat here in CBISD

neck_06
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
columbia

2little2no
11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
West Columbia in a squeaker. Their running game will be unstoppable. THis is a very strong team.:)

pdeuce
11-28-2006, 01:19 AM
can't wait to go to KYLE FIELD this friday.

grunter
11-28-2006, 08:30 AM
YEAH!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :clap: :D

charlesrixey
11-29-2006, 12:34 AM
is there anyone in this thread not from West Columbia?

This will be a very hard-fought game, but if i had to choose one offense it would be Robinson's, and if i had to choose one defense, it would be Robinson's. Haven't seen West Columbia, but i did see Robinson lose to my team, and they are tenacious (as is columbia, judging from their win last week over a good silsbee team).

But for now, i say Robinson 34, West Columbia 24

necks_c/09
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
IF the running game gets going just like it has been......Columbia will score more than 24 points.

also from what i hear it may snow in College Station on Friday..........How cool would that be????

grunter
11-29-2006, 08:32 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!:D :eek: :clap: :D :eek: :clap:

Johnnypaycheck
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
no snow for college station. just cold. you chicken fry's better dress warm!

pancho villa
11-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Snow at Kyle Stadum?

necks_c/09
11-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
no snow for college station. just cold. you chicken fry's better dress warm!

u just had to ruin the moment didnt u???:D

Johnnypaycheck
11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
u just had to ruin the moment didnt u???:D

i don't want to stand in the snow. just stating the facts.

nexfan
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
If it snow's (which it wont) it will be like the Monday Night Football game. We have a Shaun Alexander and Robinson has a Brett Favre! West Columbia by 10!

Bearkat
11-29-2006, 10:07 AM
I haven't had the chance to see Robinson play this year so my opinion will be one sided. Columbia has a good team. They love to run Flannel. (Who wouldn't) The only true weakness that I see in Columbia is their option defense. I don't think Robinson will have the size on their O-Line that Silsbee did, so I will go with the Columbia Roughnecks.

Columbia keys to victory:
1. Keep doing what has go you here. Give the ball to Flannel.
2. Improve the option defense.

Robinson keys to victory:
1. Hope to contain Flannel. You won't stop him!!!
2. Run the Option. Run the Option. Run the Option.

nexfan
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
All the praise for Randy Kitchens on this thread I'm sure is all valid, but I'm not too sure he is going to be the best QB come Friday night! Jason Scott has been playing extremely well and he has made some very athletic plays as of late. He tends to put the ball on the money and flies under the radar because of Flannel. Without him, I dont think we'd still be playing! If he continues to play well I think we have a good shot to get to the next round!!

footballfreak
11-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I hope weather will not be a factor, but if it does it will effect both teams. Maybe us more than them since they are further north. It is definitely supposed to be cold, but no snow.

GO NECKS GO!!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BAD WE FANS WANT THIS.

g$$
11-29-2006, 11:41 AM
I hope weather will not be a factor, but if it does it will effect both teams. Maybe us more than them since they are further north. It is definitely supposed to be cold, but no snow.

GO NECKS GO!!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BAD WE FANS WANT THIS.

But the kids & coaches involved want it more! They work every day to get better & keep playing. Not just in-season, but the off-season is where you build your program & grind it out daily.

Fans just cheer (like I do now too)!

footballfreak
11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Actually I guess I should re-phrase that. We, the fans want it bad and we want it for the boys and the coaching staff as well. We also want it for the partents - I know I am friends with one of the boys parents and they are the most intense involved parents I know. Their son is an awesome athletic and they play the whole game with him as well as he does.

Old Tiger
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
All the praise for Randy Kitchens on this thread I'm sure is all valid, but I'm not too sure he is going to be the best QB come Friday night! Jason Scott has been playing extremely well and he has made some very athletic plays as of late. He tends to put the ball on the money and flies under the radar because of Flannel. Without him, I dont think we'd still be playing! If he continues to play well I think we have a good shot to get to the next round!! HOMER! j/k

carter08
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y5WNSC4Bk

Jared Flannel Highlights

footballfreak
11-29-2006, 08:19 PM
What an awesome running back and look at that offensive line blocking for him. He gives them credit every play.

necks_c/09
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
a brett favre that can run....

carter08
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
a brett favre that can run....

Dude
What are you talking about

I may not be able to make the Double Header
No one wants to take me
Any chance i could bum a ride there

necks_c/09
11-29-2006, 08:36 PM
All the praise for Randy Kitchens on this thread I'm sure is all valid, but I'm not too sure he is going to be the best QB come Friday night! Jason Scott has been playing extremely well and he has made some very athletic plays as of late. He tends to put the ball on the money and flies under the radar because of Flannel. Without him, I dont think we'd still be playing! If he continues to play well I think we have a good shot to get to the next round!!

very well said.....i could nt agree more...

necks_c/09
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
jason scott has improved much as a QB and has really become an accurate passer.....i like the way he handles the game.....

plus he can make all the throws......great athlete!

Mike-Hawk
11-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Go Necks

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2006, 05:39 AM
Got a question for you Neck fans. Is Silsbee the biggest team( o-line, d-line) that you have played so far this year? Also, where does Silsbee rank in the teams that you have faced so far, best? one of the best? or just average? I was just curious, didn't mean to steal this thread.

BTW, I'll be pulling for the Necks this Friday.

g$$
11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Necks, Rockets made late season surges

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published November 30, 2006

WEST COLUMBIA — Columbia and Waco Robinson have one thing in common: Both are on winning streaks. One will end Friday night.

The Rough-necks (8-4) and Rockets (10-2) will put those streaks on the line as they collide in a Class 3A, Region III, Division I final at 7:30 p.m. at Texas A&M University’s Kyle Field.

Columbia is

riding a six-game win streak dating back to their last loss to Wharton on Oct. 13. The Rockets are on a five-game win streak, with their last loss to La Vega on Oct. 20.

“I think that if you would have asked me in August if we’d be in this position right now, I would have told you we’d have a chance,” Columbia coach Brian Lane said. “If you would have asked me in mid-October, I would have laughed because we were 2-4, 1-2 in district. Now we are one of eight and the perception

early on was how we would be playing at this point.”

The last time the Necks made it to a region final was in 1987 as members of Class 4A. Robinson’s last appearance in a region final was in 1999 with a loss to Sealy. The Necks are coming off last week’s 44-41 win over Silsbee, while Robinson pulled out a 41-35 victory over Palestine.

Columbia’s playoff ascent has come by way of a running game that returned when senior Jared Flannel came back from being sidelined by injury, as well as the improvement of first-year quarterback Jason Scott, also a senior.

Flannel and Scott were critical in the win over Silsbee as Flannel rushed for 245 yards and three touchdowns. But his most important score likely came with 2:19 left in the game as Scott threw him a 37-yard strike for a score.

That score inched the Necks closer to Silsbee in the final minutes, 41-38, then after a successful onside kick, Scott pulled out the win for Columbia with a 2-yard score in the waning moments of the game.

“It seems like Jared is toting the ball pretty good, but he won’t be 100 percent until he lets off his foot,” Lane said. “He is playing through the pain. Jason has become the quarterback that we’ve wanted the last six weeks. The game has slowed down for him and with his faith on the O-line and the way we are running the ball. it allows him to use his athleticism.”

During the year, Scott threw for 688 yards — in two playoff games he’s thrown for 357 with two scores.

“When he went into the Sweeny game it was only his second full game and didn’t play a whole lot against them,” Lane said. “There are still times when he throws some passes up, but for all the bad ones, there are the two or three big plays that he does make. If anything, I’d just want him to protect the ball a little bit more.”

The Rockets have a standout of their own under center. In two playoff games, Randy Kitchen has accounted for 260 rushing yards with four touchdowns and 524 passing yards and six scores. For the season, Kitchen has 1,058 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns while he has gone over the 1,500-yard mark through the air.

“He is a Division I quarterback who can scramble and run a four-wide and no-huddle offense,” Lane said. “We are going to be facing a totally opposite format but the same type of athlete in Kitchen. It is going to be hard every week, but just by seeing the Silsbee kid I know our defense will get another test in tackling.”

The Roughnecks have seen this type of offense before.

“Wharton runs an offense like this and so does Needville and, of course, Wimberly from last year,” Lane said. “We are just hoping for different results than we had against Wharton and Wimberly. We’ve seen it and played well against it and not so well against it. But we think we know what we have to do to prepare.”

When Kitchen hands off for Robinson, he has running backs Seth Mogavero (945 yards, seven touchdowns) and Kennan Alford (693 yards, 11 touchdowns).

One of Kitchen’s top passing targets is B.J. Lewis, who has 238 receiving yards in two playoff games and two touchdowns. He also returned a kickoff 97 yards for a score in the first quarter against Palestine.

Aaron Williams, Drew Barrier, Austin Cleere and Blake Vincent also will get some balls thrown their way for the Rockets.

“We are trying different coverages in the secondary this week in practice to prepare,” Lane said. “One of our linebackers, Jareth Edwards, was hurt on Friday but is feeling a lot better. It just depends how much he practices on that ankle, but he will play.”

In Robinson’s win over the Hutto Hippos in a bi-district playoff, it amassed 675 yards in total offense. In the playoffs, the Rockets are averaging 45 points while the defense is allowing 31.

“We have to run the football and keep their offense off the field,” Lane said. “Another battle we must win is the turnover battle. So far we are playing good football because of the leadership of our seniors. It must continue.”

The winner moves on to the state semifinal to face the winner of the Region IV matchup between Pleasanton and Ingleside.

Pre-sale ticket prices are $4 student and $6 adult, with tickets at the gate $5 student and $8 adult. Tickets can be purchased at the field house from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. through today.

pancho villa
11-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Got a question for you Neck fans. Is Silsbee the biggest team( o-line, d-line) that you have played so far this year? Also, where does Silsbee rank in the teams that you have faced so far, best? one of the best? or just average? I was just curious, didn't mean to steal this thread.

BTW, I'll be pulling for the Necks this Friday.

They were the biggest and best O-line we faced. We beat a very good team. We are a lot better right now than we were earlyer in the season.

grunter
11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
ain't that the truth:clap: ya go roughnecks!!!:D :clap:

KMAC67
11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
i dont understand u grunter

necks_c/09
11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
b/c he is an idiot:doh:

just kiddin *****(his name).....but u do post stupid stuff.

KMAC67
11-30-2006, 09:16 AM
haha yeah but im not "jk"en around he is an idiot

Johnnypaycheck
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
They were the biggest and best O-line we faced. We beat a very good team. We are a lot better right now than we were earlyer in the season.

a few of our kids wondered if silsbee was bringing bats onto the field, they were so physical. it was a very very physical game for both teams...

gobbler grad
11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
GO ROUGHNECKS...:clap: :clap:

neck_06
11-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Go Necks!!! tomorrow is the night.......its going to be COLD

charlesrixey
11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
wow this is a homer thread!

pdeuce
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
dude tomorrow night is going to be wicked cold. cant wait to watch a good game though.

Mike-Hawk
11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
get to studying girl!

2little2no
11-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Does ANyone know if you have to bring stadium seats or their seats there. Someone please reply

neck_06
11-30-2006, 11:01 PM
bring your own

SintonFan
12-01-2006, 01:42 AM
GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!! GO NECKS!!!
I'm rooting for you guys if you can't tell.:p

scrub c
12-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Dave Campbell's Texasfootball.com REGION III FINALS PICK:

Robinson (10-2) vs. Columbia (8-4): Since the start of the playoffs, it's been "Flannel time" for Columbia, as in Jared Flannel. Last week, he was huge in a 44-41 win over Silsbee, rushing for 246 yards, 2 TDs, and adding a 36-yard TD pass. The week before, he was more than instrumental in the 26-12 win over Bellville -- he was pretty much the whole band, gaining 277 yards on the ground. Flannel time might go on, but his team won't after Columbia falls to Robinson and its hot QB, Randy Kitchens.

Johnnypaycheck
12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
for the ?'th week in a row, the necks are picked to lose. Well fella's, lets go prove everyone wrong AGAIN!

softball_mom
12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
GO NECKS!!!!

necks_c/09
12-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
for the ?'th week in a row, the necks are picked to lose. Well fella's, lets go prove everyone wrong AGAIN!

if that aint the truth i aint never heard it before!

Go necks!

awizzy
12-01-2006, 10:35 AM
game day...hey neck06 where is freebirds at..or chicken express

softball_mom
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Lol.....neck_06 is in class!!

areacode337
12-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Paycheck and the rest of the staff.....Good luck in College Station tonight....

Johnnypaycheck
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
areacode...same to you tomorrow afternoon...

keep it rolling for district 24!

awizzy
12-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by softball_mom
Lol.....neck_06 is in class!!
at least he should be

dave
12-01-2006, 02:02 PM
This game between Robinson Rockets and W. Columbia Roughnecks will be tonight at 7:30 at Kyle Field. Temp low 50's, no rain, mild wind (5-8mi). This will be an offensive show. Should be 60+ points scored. Flannel #22 will need some help from his teammates to pull off a win. Robinson has three offensive weapons, with 4.5 range speed. Kitchens QB, BJ Lewis WR, and Mogavero TB.

The winner of this has the opportunity to observe their next opponent in Victoria tomorrow night.

May each team put forth their best effort and highest level of sportsmanship. Hope all stay healthy and you have a safe trip back to your homes.

neck_06
12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Freebirds is on University, look close or you might miss it. Chicken express is in two places. on Welborn on your way out of town or on University by highway 6.

i'd pick chicken express........little less taxing on the stomach & the sweet tea is AWESOME!

GO NECKS!!!

pancho villa
12-01-2006, 02:33 PM
You going to be at kyle stadum tonight neck06?

neck_06
12-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
You going to be at kyle stadum tonight neck06?

i'll be there with bells on......along with like 4 layers of clothes......its a little colder sitting in the stands.

carter08
12-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'll be there with bells on......along with like 4 layers of clothes......its a little colder sitting in the stands.

4 :eek:

Don't you think thats overdoing it

neck_06
12-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by carter08
4 :eek:

Don't you think thats overdoing it

calm down, its just a joke, it will be ok.

areacode337
12-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Empty your PM's Neck06.

neck_06
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Hour-by-Hour Weather for College Station Tonight

Time...Condition...Temp...rain...wind

Sunset 5:24 pm

6pm Clear 46°F 0% From ENE 1 mph

7pm Clear 44° 0% From E 1 mph

8pm Clear 43°F 0% From E 3 mph

9pm Clear 42°F 0% From E 3 mph

10pm Clear 41°F 0% From E 3 mph

11pm Partly Cloudy 40°F 0% From E 2 mph

tigerpride_08
12-01-2006, 07:49 PM
boy thats gonna be a cold one...

redfish961
12-02-2006, 03:29 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
win by 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dayummm Miss Cleo

Not quite.

redfish961
12-02-2006, 03:32 AM
flannel is going wreck shop...again

Wrong! Where's all the "homers" at?

scrub c
12-02-2006, 11:07 AM
im here, and congratulate waco robinson on a very impressive preformance last night.

for all us "homers"...(thanks redfish961, thats real classy)

Great Season Roughnecks.

Had a chance to fold it early in the season when we were sitting at 1-3. To finish at 8-5 is quite an accomplishment.
Very disappointing loss, but thank you seniors for another great season.

44INAROW
12-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by redfish961
quote:
win by 23

Dayummm Miss Cleo

Not quite.

Wow - you are a classy guy aren't you............ winning is probably something you don't much experience with - so maybe you should read some of the posts from those that do and learn something - You've just turned ALOT of folks against your team - way to go Redfish

Great season Roughnecks -

DaHop72
12-02-2006, 11:27 AM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/355/bulldog3fxzo7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Originally posted by redfish961
quote:
win by 23

Dayummm Miss Cleo

Not quite.

awizzy
12-02-2006, 11:51 AM
great season necks....and good luck rockets

redfish961
12-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow - you are a classy guy aren't you............ winning is probably something you don't much experience with - so maybe you should read some of the posts from those that do and learn something - You've just turned ALOT of folks against your team - way to go Redfish

Actually, I've been reading some of the posts and I actually quoted a few for you above. Since the playoffs started, I've read Hutto smack, Palestine smack, and then Columbia smack. All insinuated how each of these teams would rip Robinson.

They are all wrong! Not reasonable predictions with facts or support, just pure smack that couldn't be backed up. I did some research on each team that was in Robinson's bracket and Columbia had piqued my interest because they were a team similar to Robinson.Semi- rough start, but really starting to gel.

I didn't think, especially considering Columbia's difficulties early in the season, that I would see smack or homerism from the Columbia supporters. I was obviously wrong.

I've got plenty of experience winning, but that's not the point. The point is, in order to win, you normally have some losing associated with it, in order to gain the experience and knowledge to win. Any winner knows, if you're going to talk the talk, you better walk the walk. And any winner knows that it's much better to support your thoughts and opinions with facts.

As far as turning people against Robinson, whatever. Reread this thread and you'll see most were already against Robinson.

In summary: If you open your mouth in a condescending fashion, the results may not be desirable. You talked, we walked.
Thanks for the ammunition.

P.S. Care to find me a post of a Robinson supporter talking pre-game smack on this board? Good Luck. There aren't any.

dave
12-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Redfish is correct in stating that the Rocket fans in general do not talk smack. Of course, you always have the one or two that mouth off. If we, the majority find this to be the case we will address it. This attitude is relevant on the field as well. I noticed in the Palestine game one of our defenders made a late hit out of bounds, the coach took him to the side scolded him and let him sit out for two series. This is only a game, enjoy it!

charlesrixey
12-02-2006, 01:29 PM
All i saw in the week leading up to the game was West Columbia fans talking about how they would win. I saw maybe one or two posts even talking about Robinson specifically. I don't think redfish's comments were that out of line, nor have i seen a lot of backtalk from the Robinson fans in general. They might be the quietest fans on this board, of teams that still were playing.

charlesrixey
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Also, all the talk of WC being the underdog--they certainly had more votes in the poll, or was that just a reflection of how many WC fans are on this board?

charlesrixey
12-02-2006, 01:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Hands down?? 44 points and 509 total yards against Silsbee! Not promising anything but if its a shootout Robinson is not winning hands down!!

Silsbee wasn't exactly an offensive or defensive powerhouse, just a good team. Robinson did have a stout defense (when it mattered), and WC's defense wasn't good enough to stop Robinson's passing attack and control
the clock

redfish961
12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Dave, thanks for the PM and it is noted.

Ingleside Fan
12-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Just got it off the Ingleside ISD Website

Ingleside vs. Robinson

Dec. 8th. at 7:30 PM

Cougar Stadium

New Braunfels ,Texas

maestro
12-03-2006, 06:41 PM
congrats west columbia....you can be proud of your efforts.