PDA

View Full Version : Cuero squeeks out a W

29-3aFAN
11-25-2006, 12:27 AM
I drove to Corpus to see some fireworks but instead saw some smash mouth defense. Good job gobblers for avoiding elimination, and must step it up a few notches to compete with the texans.

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:29 AM
21-7 is not squeaking out anything. That's a sound win! Jeez.
Give RH some credit. I told you they were pretty darn good.:nerd:

Ray_BearKat
11-25-2006, 12:31 AM
it was 21-8 and yes that was a sound win...good job Cuero!

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:34 AM
I knew it would be closer than some thought.;)

29-3aFAN
11-25-2006, 12:34 AM
That close, a couple of turnovers, and a different ending. Thats squeeking.

Old Tiger
11-25-2006, 12:37 AM
congrats

Boosty_Hondo
11-25-2006, 12:40 AM
good win by cuero hopefully get to see yall in round 4

District303aPastPlayer
11-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
That close, a couple of turnovers, and a different ending. Thats squeeking.

uhhh... yeah..

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
uhhh... yeah..
Hopefully there is never a ten point game or the heart ward at Victoria hospital might just fill up.:eek: ;)

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 01:38 AM
:thinking: defense did a great job tonight, no outstanding job, but stayed on the field a little to long...Rio Hondo's offense really never got it going, even though they had a few long runs...we just had to much pressure on their QB...their defense, man they are quick to the ball and our offense sputtered several times...looks like we were rushing things...we just weren't taking our time...:thinking: next week, we'll be back on track ...
once again, congrats and good luck next week...:clap:

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 01:39 AM
the game was closer then the score showed.....congrats to cuero.....good game.....i am entitled to my opnion and here goes....cuero is over rated i heard all this about this conernback #20 i bought a program highlighted him and he did nothing one int. on a short pass....their qb didnt live up to the hype....one guy i will give props to is #23 i think the rb he was little but he was quick.....cuero will not win state like everyone thinks, that i will guarantee i dont know much about wimberley but that could be the round they get knocked out....everyone wrote off rio hondo 60 something 0 everyone said 54-0, 21+.....CUERO IS OVER RATED and OVER HYPED

Peace

P.S. This should show cuero what kinda team they really have

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Wow...interesting....

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by elgatonegro67
the game was closer then the score showed.....congrats to cuero.....good game.....i am entitled to my opnion and here goes....cuero is over rated i heard all this about this conernback #20 i bought a program highlighted him and he did nothing one int. on a short pass....their qb didnt live up to the hype....one guy i will give props to is #23 i think the rb he was little but he was quick.....cuero will not win state like everyone thinks, that i will guarantee i dont know much about wimberley but that could be the round they get knocked out....everyone wrote off rio hondo 60 something 0 everyone said 54-0, 21+.....CUERO IS OVER RATED and OVER HYPED

Peace

If Cuero is Over-rated and Over-hyped what does that make RH in your opinion? You can't have it both ways.:D
It was a solid Cuero win.:nerd:

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Nice to see you take losing nicely ....... don't let what RH did tonight get overlooked by saying Cuero was overrated overhyped RH played a good sound defensive ballgame and took Cuero out of their rhythm on offense . RH did not have the Offense to back up their defense or this could of gotten hairy .# 20 only picked one off BECAUSE your QB only completed what 4 maybe 5 passes all night , everytime he threw to #20's side it was a bad pass or broken up so I would say you need to recheck your thought process .

Now run along and go play .....:kiss:

Technoredneck
11-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Y'all play nice

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Nice to see you take losing nicely ....... don't let what RH did tonight get overlooked by saying Cuero was overrated overhyped RH played a good sound defensive ballgame and took Cuero out of their rhythm on offense . RH did not have the Offense to back up their defense or this could of gotten hairy .# 20 only picked one off BECAUSE your QB only completed what 4 maybe 5 passes all night , everytime he threw to #20's side it was a bad pass or broken up so I would say you need to recheck your thought process .

Now run along and go play .....:kiss:
He's not from Rio hondo. :nerd:

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 01:56 AM
7-0 after the 1st qtr......stayed like that all the way untill about under 2 mins in the 2nd where cuero drove and scored on 3 and 1 yard line where their RB jumped over all the line (he had hops) if it wasnt for his jumping ability he would have been stuffed..... right before the half (5 secs left before half) rio hondo threw a pass down the middle and he broke free almost scoring but stopped like at the gob. 7 yd line.....if the coach hadnt waited so long to call the time out who new what could have happened any how....the game stayed like that the rest of the way both teams playing good defensive football.... during that time RH held cuero once when it was 4th and inch yd line...and later on again when it was 4th and 1......... cuero also stopped rio hondo short on a drive where rio hondo got all the way into the cuero 5 yd line and came up with nothing......with 1:30 left in the game cuero scored on the same play (bootleg to the right with the qb throwing a screen to the left) they got the first td with....rio hondo got the ball back drove the ball on the 2 min O scored and got the two points....

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Why don't you tell everyone about the PERSONAL FOULS all night long by Rio Hondo? - Very bad sportsmanship and you'd think with 17 coaches on the field, one of them would of controlled the players better than that..... Rio Hondo was very physical - and much better than I thought they'd be.. I will say that

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 02:02 AM
wow you know what IF we would have scored on our first 5 possesions we would of had 35 point's .........woulda coulda shoulda the score was 21-8 live with it .

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 02:03 AM
going into this game with all the stuff i heard about cuero i started to believe we were going to get spanked and shown how football was played..... but wasnt anything close to that you all even went on to say (not to be racist) but we had to many mexicans and you all were better off mixed and you had all this great speed....well im sure those slow mexicans had you all on the edge of your seats...what happen to the 60-0 blow out or the 21+ victory from the all mighty cuero team....... with all the hype cuero had people from the valley were even saying we would lose by 60 points and what not (hence me saying why your overhyped).....i saw nothing impressive in the speed and size category

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 02:05 AM
ok the score was just a tad off but you know what .......YOU STILL LOST :D

Maybe if you keep eating your Wheaties who know's maybe you will be able to score 14 point's next time .

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Why don't you tell everyone about the PERSONAL FOULS all night long by Rio Hondo? - Very bad sportsmanship and you'd think with 17 coaches on the field, one of them would of controlled the players better than that..... Rio Hondo was very physical - and much better than I thought they'd be.. I will say that

well i wanted to avoid this topic but here goes.....you saw alot CALLED against RH ....the only reason you didnt see as many CALLED against cuero is because they werent you all had alot of late hits near our sideline and the late hit your kid gave our guy in the back of the endzone(that was great sportsmanship)???

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:07 AM
well i wanted to avoid this topic but here goes.....you saw alot CALLED against RH ....the only reason you didnt see as many CALLED against cuero is because they werent you all had alot of late hits near our sideline and the late hit your kid gave our guy in the back of the endzone(that was great sportsmanship)???

nevermind - can't argue with someone who thinks they are right all the time...... Have a nice night......

We have more important things to think about now...

GO MEAN GREEN

Technoredneck
11-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Nothing like winning with a little grace and humility

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 02:09 AM
I need an interpreter on this one someone please tell me what he just said ............so I can respond

Johnny 5
11-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Cuero is WAAAYYYY over rated. 2 reasons they won.

1.) RH's O could not get the engine started until it was too late.

2.) The officiating was HORRIBLE.

I will give Cuero's defense a nod. They were in our backfield the whole game. They are not that good, but the line is huge, opening the holes for the LB's to get through. Other than that, not to spectacular. RH's O just stunk it up (the play calling was not that greast either. We should have passed more, but with the O line being tossed around, it was hard.

Cuero's offense was nothing. The last touchdown came after several bad calls, namely a 15 yard facemask that never happened. The second score was RH's offense's fault for not giving the D a break. The first one, I will give to them. The thing is, RH was in Cuero's backfield the whole night. Their O line was big but slow. Our D was smaller but faster. They were literally holding Gantt from the horse collar the whole night, tackling from behind our guys who got through, or pushing them in the back.

Robbie Mesa was injured on RH's TD. Tore his ACL completely. He ran in from the 20, more or less. In the back of the endzone, a Cuero player hit him right in the knee. Bull.

Now for the bad officiating. Let me see what I can remember.

*All the holding, clipping, and block in the back that were never called.

*A 15 yard face mask called on RH when both players had Cuero's QB wrapped up 10 yards back (neither of them had their hands near his head)

*A late hit that was never called on RH's WR, but instead RH gets a clipping.

*A late hit that was called on Gantt on an onside, though no whistle was blown.

*A fumble return for a touchdown that was brought back and rulled down, although there was no whistle blown.

*A late hit called on RH for hitting the QB, although a whistle was never blown.

*A Cuero WR runs 40 some yards before a whistle is blown and ruled incomplete pass.

And the list goes on . . .

Cuero is a pathetic team, and won because RH was playing against the refs. As I said, I will give Cuero's D a nod, but the team as a whols are over rated.

Yes, they beat us, blah blah blah. But it was no 56-0 as predicted. It was no blow-out. RH hung with them, and had a chance, but the O just could not get going. Add to that the bad calling or lack thereof . . .

Good job Bobcats. I know we will be back next season.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:10 AM
:rolleyes:

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 02:11 AM
did you notice that the line judge closest to our sideline was the one calling alot of the calls that were infavor of cuero....never once did call a late hit against them....he had one late hit call and it was against rio hondo at the very end where our guy hit yours...then your guy was up in the air (near our sideline might i add) got hit, fumbled the ball we picked it up ran it into the TD and he called him down ....you see the pattern????

SintonFan
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Nothing like winning with a little grace and humility
I guess emotions are a little high still.

Cats Fan
congratulations cuero on the win...this was a very intense defensive battle, our offense could not get anything going all night...no excuses, just an exiciting smash mouth football game.

we are all proud of the bobcats...and good luck to the turkeys next week against wimberly.

...btw there were alot of bad calls that the refs did not call and alot that were just BS. but regardless...no excuses.

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
:rolleyes:
I saw "THAT"!:D

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
If this jerk wouldnt have responded the way he did then nothing would have been said but if he want's to walk the low road hey I'm game .

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I saw "THAT"!:D
I thought about you when we went by Sinton on 77 - someone was firing off alot of fireworks......... were you in town?

Johnny 5
11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
BTW . . . is #9 alright?

He should've told the ref to blow the whistle.

And you can roll your eyes. That is a cop out.

SintonFan
I thought about you when we went by Sinton on 77 - someone was firing off alot of fireworks......... were you in town?
No, I'm home now but those folks probably didn't buy from me!:mad: :D

elgatonegro67
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
If this jerk wouldnt have responded the way he did then nothing would have been said but if he want's to walk the low road hey I'm game .

No need to call out kid's on this board. If he has an oppinion about a team fine but dont single out anyone or it will be responded too .

so its only ok to single out a player if he is doing good??? because the players i singled out were the ones everyone on here posted were going to be a threat......you got the W so be it you will not win state and thats that i never once said they SUCKED or anything i said i wasnt impressed but if you wanna cry and pout then cry me a river im not posting to argue just stating opinions (thats what forums are for)

Johnny 5
11-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Not impressed either. Wimberley by at least 21

Sundance
11-25-2006, 02:19 AM
you know Rio Hondo played a sub par game. I guess thats to be expected with all the late hits they had. I guess as the old saying goes "If you can play the game say off the field."

Way to go Mean Green

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
if this is what you wanna hear then here you go.... cuero won they were the better team tonight congrats to them........are they as good as everyone makes them out to be???? nope .....will they win state this year???....no they will not

Johnny 5
Sup par? The only reason your QB wasn't jacked up the whole night was because the Left Guard was holding Gantt by the horse collar the whole game.

I will agree that RH's O sucked it up big time. And I give Cuero's D a nod. They are prettty good . . . but the offense was not all that.

And they were not technically late hits, seeing as how the whistles were not being blown. Play continues until the whistle blows, correct? Or is it different for the Turkeys?

Gobbler Fan
Facts are one thing if you can back them up ....saying the ref's we're calling the game against you if well an EXCUSE I for one thought that Cuero was getting the shaft on the calls ....all the Facemasks , Holding calls all going RH way so the fact of the matter is it just depends on who side you were sitting on as to who was shafted by the ref's tonight .

Like I said earleir dont take anything away from RH they played a hell of a DEFENSIVE game but the Offense was more or less shut down by Cuero's defense no if's and's or but's . 21-8 is the final score and with that im out and can start making plan's for next week ....:kiss:

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Come on Cuero foks - let's not give these guys anymore fuel for the fire - they got beat, they're grasping at anything they can - we are better than to step to their level - They aren't even giving their own team credit for playing a good ballgame - That should tell you something about these folks......:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 02:26 AM
so its only ok to single out a player if he is doing good???

Exactly...the rules specify degrading a player...we have no problem talking about a kid that is playing well.

And if Cuero is "pathetic" as Johnny 5 says..what does that say about the team they just beat??

Sundance
11-25-2006, 02:29 AM
I agree I hear nothing from RH saying that there team played a good ball game. Great game hope to see ya' ll again next year in the playoff's.

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 02:30 AM
They aren't even giving their own team credit for playing a good ballgame - That should tell you something about these folks......:rolleyes:

haha the fact that our crowd (knowing we had already lost) stayed there all the way until the last whistle blew shows what kinda "folks" we have but you are entitled to your own opinion....goodluck against wimberley im sure you will need it im done posting (seeing how my teams out) nice debating/arguing with you all or whatever you wanna call it ......at the very end it was a HELL of a ball game which like i posted many times i wanted to see win or lose.......

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 02:34 AM
haha the fact that our crowd (knowing we had already lost) stayed there all the way until the last whistle blew shows what kinda "folks" we have but you are entitled to your own opinion....goodluck against wimberley im sure you will need it im done posting (seeing how my teams out) nice debating/arguing with you all or whatever you wanna call it ......at the very end it was a HELL of a ball game which like i posted many times i wanted to see win or lose.......

there were alot of folks leaving - but you keep believing what you need to.........

Johnny 5
11-25-2006, 02:35 AM

Ditto

Highschoolfan78
11-25-2006, 03:09 AM
ok this is my first chance to read anything from the game. Unfortuantely i could not make the game, but listened to a portion on the radio. Saying that 21-8 was close when you put the 8 on the board at the end of the game doesn't really make all that sense. Ya, the if and buts and candy and nuts for a candy christmas are out there, but it sounded like a solid execution by the gobblers, and not enough offense for the bobkittys. The night after the losing game is not always the best time to sign on to the downlow. I know from hutto last year. Congrats to Rio Hondo for a great season and putting up a good fight. Although some cuero people did say we'd put 21+, your ol' lovely southern valley board had some interesting predictions. So its probably in the best interest not to just point out the cuero and other's predictions. As Forest Gump would say, "that's all i have to say about that."

gobblerfan02
11-25-2006, 03:16 AM
but if you wanna cry and pout then cry me a river im not posting to argue just stating opinions (thats what forums are for) So....after reading all of this it just seems to me that you're one of the only ones "crying" and "pouting," but yes, I will agree with you and say the game had bad referees, but it went both ways.
But I will have to disagree with the guy who supposedly got hit in the back of the endzone, no cuero defender purposely hit him in the knee, but I will say the guy needs a grammy for his performance in the endzone.
No, I don't know the guy, but if he is injured, I wish him a speedy recovery, I just wanted to state the fact that non cuero defender injured him in the back of the endzone, watch the tapes!!!!!

gobblerfan02
11-25-2006, 03:18 AM
OH, and GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS NEXT WEEK VS. WIMBERLEY!

AND CONGRATS TO RIO HONDO ON A GOOD SEASON!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 07:14 AM
I have never seen so much whining from folks. RH, ya'll were NEVER in the game, Cuero played flat and still came out with the win. Ya'll were not impressed...who cares. Ya'll go do whatever it is ya'll do when ya'll lose this time of year. :p And I was going to actually tell ya'll what a good team ya'll have until I saw all the excuses :rolleyes:

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 07:49 AM
I hate to agree with you j-5, but I was not impressed with Cuero either. Been watching them all year, and that is probably the worst offensive performance I have seen. But....still good enough to put up 21 on ya'll :doh:

necks_c/09
11-25-2006, 08:18 AM
congrats cuero from ur biggest fans in WC.

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
congrats cuero from ur biggest fans in WC. Thanks. Gets REAL tough the rest of the way.

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Congrats Cuero Gobblas'. Keep 'em coming. We still would like to play y'all this year. :D

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Congrats Cuero Gobblas'. Keep 'em coming. We still would like to play y'all this year. :D Hopefully, but a lot of tough football between us and ya'll.

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Us too, just making out my Christmas wish list. :D

Darren
11-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Congrats Quero

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Now this is funny... I've never seen a group of folks so pissed off...

Cuero had a horrible night... listened to it on the radio and it didn't sound like them at all... gotta credit the Rio Hondo defense, though their fans haven't the slightest idea of what football is (okay atleast two of 'em)...

Keep chewin' on them sour grapes, boys, just make sure you can chew 'em and dribble a ball at the same time (sorry if I offend any realistic Rio Hondo fans)...

I am adding elgottacryawholelotmore and Johnny 5-sticks-up-his-ass to my ignore list...

but before I go, boys, I will leave you with this...

ya ready?

21-8 (8, with 8 bench riders in HAHAHA)

greenpride
11-25-2006, 09:12 AM

Peace

What did you expect? If RH had a good team, then Cuero played a good ballgame and came away with a W! You do not have to win the game by 20+ points every week. If Cuero wins the rest of their games by 21-8, I believe they will be state champs and you will be the state chump!

greenpride
11-25-2006, 09:18 AM
[Quote from J-5]

Cuero is a pathetic team, and won because RH was playing against the refs. As I said, I will give Cuero's D a nod, but the team as a whols are over rated.

If Cuero is pathetic, RH must be dog ass sorry...................suck it up, turn in your pads, and get the round ball out.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:30 AM
21 points on a team that gives up and average of around 7 a game isn't too damned bad...

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Rio Hondo on a great season. You guys had me worried there for a while. No team has held Cuero to 21 points this year. It was a great defensive match up. Offenses for both teams struggled.

Cuero we have to step it up it doesn't get any easier from here on out. Stay focused.

Oh, and did I say how proud I am of you guys?

Go Gobblers!!!!

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Looks like these RH fans don't know how to admit they lost to the better team

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Looks like these RH fans don't know how to admit they lost to the better team Hate to agree with you :mad: ...but true :D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Looks like these RH fans don't know how to admit they lost to the better team

Yah they do... did you read... they're really good at admitting they lost...

"THE REFS WERE ON YOUR SIDE, YOU'RE PATHETIC, YOUR MOTHERS ARE RED-LIGHTERS, WE WANT TO KILL OURSELVES BECAUSE Y'ALL SUCK SO BAD, YOUR RECEIVER WAS CALLED FOR AN INCOMPLETE PASS BUT RAN FOR 40 YARDS BEFORE IT WAS CALLED BACK"

okay, that last one about the receiver just cracks me up... anyone get that? they're bee-eye-tee-see-h'ing about the refs making a GOOD CALL...

I bet they're pissed the field was green "IF IT WERE YELLOW BY-GAWD WE'DA WON AGAINST THEM OVERRATED PATHETIC LOSERS"...

I'd rather be overrated than having to decide which side of my vehicle's back window I'll be stickin' my helmet decal on...

carter08
11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
congratulations cuero on the win...this was a very intense defensive battle, our offense could not get anything going all night...no excuses, just an exiciting smash mouth football game.

we are all proud of the bobcats...and good luck to the turkeys next week against wimberly.

...btw there were alot of bad calls that the refs did not call and alot that were just BS. but regardless...no excuses.

No oggense, but are you sure you are a Rio Hondo fan. You don't sound like one. You actually congratulated Cuero

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 09:46 AM
No oggense, but are you sure you are a Rio Hondo fan. You don't sound like one. You actually congratulated Cuero

well he did say

"btw there were alot of bad calls that the refs did not call and alot that were just BS. but regardless...no excuses. "

has a hint of Rio Hondo Bobcat fan in him...

btw, the REAL Hondo is still in the playoffs...

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well he did say

"btw there were alot of bad calls that the refs did not call and alot that were just BS. but regardless...no excuses. "

has a hint of Rio Hondo Bobcat fan in him...

btw, the REAL Hondo is still in the playoffs... You're right, the Real Hondo, not the Rio Hondo is still lurking :eek:

Bull Butter
11-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I have never seen so much whining from folks. RH, ya'll were NEVER in the game, Cuero played flat and still came out with the win. Ya'll were not impressed...who cares. Ya'll go do whatever it is ya'll do when ya'll lose this time of year. :p And I was going to actually tell ya'll what a good team ya'll have until I saw all the excuses :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is how most Rio Hondo people act after a loss. You should have seen how some of them were acting after they lost to Port Isabel a few weeks ago. They got on the RGV Sports board and the excuses started flowing.
"The refs cheated"
"PI's nothing but a bunch of cheap-shot artists"
"Rio Hondo's defense played horrible" (because PI lit them up for 380 yds.)

We heard the exact same thing you Gobbler fans are hearing from these people. Except that Johnny 5 hasn't accused your coaches of telling the kids to delibrately hurt players.(Johnny 5 got banned at RGV Sports for that one, that's why he's now known as "Lemon Fresh")

Congrats to the Gobblers on a good win last night! Good Luck against the Texans.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Unfortunately, this is how most Rio Hondo people act after a loss. You should have seen how some of them were acting after they lost to Port Isabel a few weeks ago. They got on the RGV Sports board and the excuses started flowing.
"The refs cheated"
"PI's nothing but a bunch of cheap-shot artists"
"Rio Hondo's defense played horrible" (because PI lit them up for 380 yds.)

We heard the exact same thing you Gobbler fans are hearing from these people. Except that Johnny 5 hasn't accused your coaches of telling the kids to delibrately hurt players.(Johnny 5 got banned at RGV Sports for that one, that's why he's now known as "Lemon Fresh")

Congrats to the Gobblers on a good win last night! Good Luck against the Texans.

Thank you for your insight and your wishes of good luck...

and congrats on a great season to PI, the only other team to beat Rip Hondo :clap:

Old Green
11-25-2006, 11:27 AM
OK. my goof.:D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
OK. my goof.:D

ha...

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
did you notice that the line judge closest to our sideline was the one calling alot of the calls that were infavor of cuero....never once did call a late hit against them....he had one late hit call and it was against rio hondo at the very end where our guy hit yours...then your guy was up in the air (near our sideline might i add) got hit, fumbled the ball we picked it up ran it into the TD and he called him down ....you see the pattern????

Oh yes...I am beginning to see a pattern alright.

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Oh yes...I am beginning to see a pattern alright. Yea, a :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: pattern :D

JT44
11-25-2006, 12:47 PM

Peace

The coaching staff threw at him at least twice and one int. the supposed stud wr#5 had no catches on him,
shutdown cb's do their job

on the game, rio hondo's defense is the best cuero has seen all year. they were fast and disciplined on defense
cuero offense was never able to get on a roll b/c of the ability of those lb's and lineman to use their speed to get in the gaps.

Cuero won this game b/c their defense was better than RH's offense.

JT44
11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Cuero is WAAAYYYY over rated. 2 reasons they won.

1.) RH's O could not get the engine started until it was too late.

2.) The officiating was HORRIBLE.

I will give Cuero's defense a nod. They were in our backfield the whole game. They are not that good, but the line is huge, opening the holes for the LB's to get through. Other than that, not to spectacular. RH's O just stunk it up (the play calling was not that greast either. We should have passed more, but with the O line being tossed around, it was hard.

Cuero's offense was nothing. The last touchdown came after several bad calls, namely a 15 yard facemask that never happened. The second score was RH's offense's fault for not giving the D a break. The first one, I will give to them. The thing is, RH was in Cuero's backfield the whole night. Their O line was big but slow. Our D was smaller but faster. They were literally holding Gantt from the horse collar the whole night, tackling from behind our guys who got through, or pushing them in the back.

Robbie Mesa was injured on RH's TD. Tore his ACL completely. He ran in from the 20, more or less. In the back of the endzone, a Cuero player hit him right in the knee. Bull.

Now for the bad officiating. Let me see what I can remember.

*All the holding, clipping, and block in the back that were never called.

*A 15 yard face mask called on RH when both players had Cuero's QB wrapped up 10 yards back (neither of them had their hands near his head)

*A late hit that was never called on RH's WR, but instead RH gets a clipping.

*A late hit that was called on Gantt on an onside, though no whistle was blown.

*A fumble return for a touchdown that was brought back and rulled down, although there was no whistle blown.

*A late hit called on RH for hitting the QB, although a whistle was never blown.

*A Cuero WR runs 40 some yards before a whistle is blown and ruled incomplete pass.

And the list goes on . . .

Yes, they beat us, blah blah blah. But it was no 56-0 as predicted. It was no blow-out. RH hung with them, and had a chance, but the O just could not get going. Add to that the bad calling or lack thereof . . .

Good job Bobcats. I know we will be back next season.

1-the guy grabbed noack's facemasks and snapped his neck
2-the side judge did blow the whistle dead on the pass to the cuero sideline
3-it would have 21-0 had cuero not gone to a prevent style defense with 3 lineman on RH's only score

wimbo_pro
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
This is sad. You two "Rio Hondo" fans have put a black mark on your team...I never knew much about your team, but now when someone mentions it, I will think "complainers...whiners". Thats too bad, I know I shouldnt do that cuz I am sure your boys are quality young men.

What also makes you look silly is Cuero is well known as a quality opponent. Oh sure, there will be questionable hits by ANY team...but one thing I know for sure is those who actually have played Cuero over MANY years do NOT call them cheapshot artists nor bad sports...they just call them GOOD. Grow up and get some class.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks Wimbo-pro...... Nice post!

JT44
11-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Okay, I hope I am the last cuero fan to respond to the two guys from RH's nonsense.

Let's support our gobblers for this week's big game against the texans!!!!!!

GreenMachine
11-25-2006, 01:04 PM
This is sad. You two "Rio Hondo" fans have put a black mark on your team...I never knew much about your team, but now when someone mentions it, I will think "complainers...whiners". Thats too bad, I know I shouldnt do that cuz I am sure your boys are quality young men.

What also makes you look silly is Cuero is well known as a quality opponent. Oh sure, there will be questionable hits by ANY team...but one thing I know for sure is those who actually have played Cuero over MANY years do NOT call them cheapshot artists nor bad sports...they just call them GOOD. Grow up and get some class. Same can be said of Wimberley :) Looking forward to a great game :clap:

wooden bear
11-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Johny 5 you are a typicall valley fan. Know nothing about football. Your team played so dirty it was not even funny. The officals were bad huh? Cuero had 7 penalties, RH had 8 thats not too off huh. The late hit on the onside kick was bullcrap. That little punk should have had his butt whipped by his coaches but i guess thats what they teach down there, if you cant beat them try to hurt them.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 05:38 PM
writeup from the Cuero vs RH game (www.valleystar.com)

TAMUGRAD - go to the site - there is a picture you'd be interested in..........

Cats get Gobbled up

Rio Hondo puts up valiant effort in loss

Joe Hermosa/Valley Morning Star
Rio Hondo quarterback Aaron Garza busts through the Cuero defensive line during their Class 3A area-round playoff game at Corpus Christi's Buc Stadium on Friday night.
By ARMANDO GARZA
armandog@valleystar.com
956-421-9874

CORPUS CHRISTI - If the Rio Hondo Bobcats' performance in Friday night's Class 3A-Division II area-round clash with Cuero is indicative of how far the program has come, there is a bright future for the black and gold.

Hanging with the No. 2-ranked Gobblers for three quarters, the Bobcats fought hard, but in the end finally succumbed to Cuero 21-8 at Corpus Christi's Buccaneer Stadium.

With the win the Gobbers moved to 12-0 and will face Wimberley in the regional quarterfinals. Rio Hondo, the bi-district champions, ended its campaign at 10-2.

"We've been playing like this for 12 weeks. And our defense played a great game," Cuero head coach Mark Reeve said. "Coach Gus Cavazos and his coaching staff have done a great job over there and they're a good football team."

"I thought we played with a lot of heart and our kids left it all out on the field," Rio Hondo head coach Gus Cavazos said. "Obviously, Cuero's a fantastic team and anybody could see they were just bigger and faster than us. But for us to come out and play as tough as we did, it just shows how close we are. We can hang with anybody in the state of Texas."

Coming off a 48-0 trouncing of Sinton in bi-district action last week, things were a whole lot different this time around for Cuero, though it got off to a familiar start.

After Rio Hondo's promising game-opening drive stalled out, Cuero, the 29-3A champ, marched 65 yards in nine plays, punching it in on an 11-yard pass from quarterback Kyle Noack to tight end Kaeron Johnson. Steven Bell's point after made it 7-0 with 3:52 left in the first quarter.

Bobcat quarterback Aaron Garza, playing in his final game, was under fire for the most part, but still put up 121 yards passing along with 25 on the ground.

The Bobcats could not put together another drive and in the second quarter things looked bleak as Cuero's Quincey Washington scored from one yard out on a spectacular leap to give the Gobblers a 14-0 lead. Rio Hondo later went hurry-up and Garza hit Jacob Martinez on a 44-yard strike that got them down to the Cuero 11 as the half expired.

The two touchdowns were all Rio Hondo's stout defense would give up until late in the game.

For the contest, the Bobcat D allowed 282 yards to Cuero. Several key stuffs at the line prevented more damage. Linebacker Eric Gantt, an all-state candidate, was sensational, flying to the football on nearly every play. Fabian Olguin led the Gobblers with 104 yards rushing on 20 carries.

On many drives Rio Hondo put Cuero in third-and-long situations. However Noack showed major poise and completed several drive-continuing passes.

Noack was 12-for-21 passing for 114 yards and two touchdowns. He was intercepted once.

Down 14-0 at the half, the Bobcats stuffed Cuero on three successive drives. A spectacular interception in the end zone by Rio Hondo's Joseph Vela was sandwiched by two fourth-and-short stuffs that gave it back to the Bobcats. However, costly penalties and mental errors made it difficult.

"We had some dumb penalties that really, really hurt us," Cavazos said. "We had a couple of drives that stalled. We were able to move the ball, but we were just inconsistent."

Late in the fourth, the Gobblers added their final score when Noack hit Ace Stone on 14-yard strike to push it to 21-0 with 1:46 remaining in the game.

That's when the Bobcats mounted their only scoring drive, and Robbie Mesa, the Bobcats' hobbled leader, closed his career in style.

Running like he's done for his entire stay at Rio Hondo High, Mesa, who injured his knee in Week Nine against Port Isabel, scored on what was his final high school carry, a 9-yard dart up the middle. His injured knee kept him down for a few seconds, but he quickly walked off the field afterward. Mesa finished with 77 yards on 15 carries.

Eric Jaime scored the conversion on a fake point-after attempt for the final margin.

"Robbie has been a joy to coach," "I've been at Rio Hondo for four years total and he's been there every step of the way. For him to come out and play on a gimpy knee and play like that, he's basically the epitome of our team and the heart we play with."

An onside kick failed, and the Gobblers ran three plays to run out the clock.

Despite the disappointment, Cavazos one again alluded to a big core of players returning next year.

"We have a long a long offseason," Cavazos said. "We're gonna get these boys a lot bigger, faster and stronger. We're not that far away from being a state-champion caliber team."

Ray_BearKat
11-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Johny 5 you are a typicall valley fan. Know nothing about football.

geez, thanks...:(

Let me just say that RH fans are not indicative of all the people in the valley...

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 07:26 PM
how many starters do you (cuero) all have comming back next year...anyone know??

Gobbler Fan
11-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Depends on how many recruits we get over the summer :rolleyes:

greenwitch
11-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I would just like to know which is better overrated or not rated ??? As for Cuero being overrated that is just plain dumb, what does a team have to do to get the credit they deserve? Cuero's #20 is a sound player, gets in there and breaks the pass up, kinda hard to intercept when a qb isn't able to pass......doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Cuero's qb was on target, he made good plays and then some! Cuero definitely won the game, Rio Hondo had a good defense but Cuero's big "D" shut the offense down big time. Look out Wimberley.....Cuero is on the way!

wooden bear
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah whatever one of those morons said that #20 wasnt anything needs to be hit. He ten times better than anyone you had on your team.

footballgal
11-25-2006, 10:05 PM
http://www.valleystar.com/content/articles/2006/11/25/sports/sports1.jpg

footballgal
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Johny 5 you are a typicall valley fan. Know nothing about football. Originally posted by Ray_BearKat [/i]
[B]geez, thanks...:(

Let me just say that RH fans are not indicative of all the people in the valley...

Ditto! :rolleyes: Right, just because you say so, right Wooden bear?:rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by greenwitch
.....doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. !

They're still b****** and moaning about it on the RGV board - and they wonder why they have the reputation they have. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On to Wimberley - going to be a great week leading up to this game......

GO MEAN GREEN

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
http://www.valleystar.com/content/articles/2006/11/25/sports/sports1.jpg

one of the few times Cuero got burnt...:mad:, but he didn't get far...:thinking:

footballgal
11-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by JT44

on the game, rio hondo's defense is the best cuero has seen all year. they were fast and disciplined on defense...

Wow really? We put 28 points on them in week 9, yet last night we could only manage, to put 7.:hairpunk:

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
one of the few times Cuero got burnt...:mad:, but he didn't get far...:thinking:

Yep, that is what the boy said when he saw the not so flattering picture.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Wow really? We put 28 points on them in week 9, :

This is what we go up against every single week of the season - beginning in Aug -

As I said in another thread, this is the game we have wanted for the last 2 years. If we EVER are going to beat Cuero, this is our best chance (last year would have been a better bet for me cuz of our defense, but of course we never got the match-up). If we win against Cuero, then LOSE the following week(s), our season is still a huge success. Beating Cuero is the Gold Standard for us.

I don't say this to be arrogant or anything like that, so please don't take it that way. Some teams practice for weeks to play Cuero - The Gobblers play with a target on their backs every single week of the season. Price you pay for success. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not .

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by elgatonegro67
[B]cuero is over rated i heard all this about this conernback #20 i bought a program highlighted him and he did nothing one int. on a short pass....

I think it was the only pass thrown his way...RH sideline had more receptions than anyone...to much pressure on that QB...:thinking: everything was out of bounds...:) #40 took 2 of them away from the coaches...:)

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 10:40 PM
This is what we go up against every single week of the season - beginning in Aug -

I don't say this to be arrogant or anything like that, so please don't take it that way. Some teams practice for weeks to play Cuero - The Gobblers play with a target on their backs every single week of the season. Price you pay for success. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not . Boy 44, sure am glad the Gobblers squeaked this one out.;) ;)

rb585
11-25-2006, 10:43 PM

I don't say this to be arrogant or anything like that, so please don't take it that way. Some teams practice for weeks to play Cuero - The Gobblers play with a target on their backs every single week of the season. Price you pay for success. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not .

And I don't say this to be arrogant or anything like that, so please don't take it that way. Wimberley won a state championship last year, and Cuero didn't. So I'm pretty sure a team like Liberty Hill circled "Wimberley" in darker, bolder crayon than "Cuero."

OK, that did come out kinda arrogant, didn't it?

:D

mean_green
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Ok, I did not want to get into this, I usually just view these threads and do not post. But here it goes.

I will give credit to Rio Hondo for a good game. Their defense was sound and solid, #10 was a good athlete, very fast but he was a turd. He kicked one of the Cuero kids in the crotch early in the game.

Cuero could have put this game away several times. Cuero got into Rio Hondo territory 2 or 3 times and simply didnt excute, hats off to Rio Hondo. I am very close to the situation and know that Rio Hondo was one of he dirtiest playing teams Cuero has faced this year. The only reason Rio Hondo scored with 49 seconds left in the ball game is because Cuero had it's prevent defense in, if they had stayed in their regular defense they would have shut RH out. I will say that RH is a very sound team and played their butts off.

As far as Cuero vs. Wimberley goes. Cuero and Wimberley match up very well. For the Valley fans that believe Cuero is overrated you are selling yourself short because you have a dang good ball club. Wimberley is a dang good ball club, but Cuero is a good match up for them, it should be a very interesting game, Cuero's defense is real solid and Wimberley has not seen a D like them in the playoffs yet. I think Cuero has a good shot to win this game.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by rb585
And I don't say this to be arrogant or anything like that, so please don't take it that way. Wimberley won a state championship last year, and Cuero didn't. So I'm pretty sure a team like Liberty Hill circled "Wimberley" in darker, bolder crayon than "Cuero."

since I quoted a Wimberley person....... you'd think.......

never mind,, I said I was going to keep this a positive week.........

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 10:47 PM
we just consider the source...:thinking:

have a nice day...:wave:

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 10:49 PM

BIG TIME!!

There was also that little rumor floating around last season that the 4 top teams in DII would have run all over the 2 played in the DI State Championship....but that is all in the past!!

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 10:54 PM

hahahha the last qoute (on page 3) anyone from rio hondo has said anything to you guys and you guys are still here crying???? WHY??? .....and we have the bad fans??? lol well just thought it was really funny you all should get off the subject already and look to playing wimberley cuz they are a tough ball club....oh my bad i posted something after that and that was asking how many starters you all had comming back next year and i got a smart a$$ remark for that one.....and we are the bad fans sheesh

elgatonegro67
11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mean_green
Ok, I did not want to get into this, I usually just view these threads and do not post. But here it goes.

I will give credit to Rio Hondo for a good game. Their defense was sound and solid, #10 was a good athlete, very fast but he was a turd. He kicked one of the Cuero kids in the crotch early in the game.

Cuero could have put this game away several times. Cuero got into Rio Hondo territory 2 or 3 times and simply didnt excute, hats off to Rio Hondo. I am very close to the situation and know that Rio Hondo was one of he dirtiest playing teams Cuero has faced this year. The only reason Rio Hondo scored with 49 seconds left in the ball game is because Cuero had it's prevent defense in, if they had stayed in their regular defense they would have shut RH out. I will say that RH is a very sound team and played their butts off. [/QUOTE

my last post in remark to this and all the ones before it

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 11:02 PM

What 44 meant was that teams that have strong winning traditions are gunned for week after week. Everyone wants to be the team that beat you.

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
What 44 meant was that teams that have strong winning traditions are gunned for week after week. Everyone wants to be the team that beat you.

Thanks TAMUGRAD - I figured the intelligent folks would understand what I was saying and someone would try to make something more out of it :rolleyes:

I have read certain threads. It's evident, someone wants to pound his/her chest - that's OK and rightly so, Wimberley did win (Div 1) last year. Congrats to the Texans - - It was great to have the Div 1 trophy back in Reg IV. I know I supported them and cheered when it was announced at the game we were playing.

Some people like to argue or "one-up" the other person. That's OK - I've learned to accept that and move on.

This game will be decided on the field next Friday night between 2 great teams and not between the excited fans. I've never said Cuero would whip anyone's butt or anything like that. I just support the Gobblers 100%. No matter the outcome of the game, I'll be on the downlow like always and the newbies will most likely crawl back to where they came from. It happens every year..... :cool:

GO MEAN GREEN

greenwitchll
11-25-2006, 11:33 PM
nevermind - can't argue with someone who thinks they are right all the time...... Have a nice night......

We have more important things to think about now...

GO MEAN GREEN

So true, 44!! Can't argue with stupid...just have to ignore them. Cuero played better, Cuero wins. "Nuff said.

Go Gobblers...........

rb585
11-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Y'all really have tunnel vision.

I know what he meant. He just neglected to consider that teams that are the defending state champs are gunned for week after week.

Giddings' coaches literally begged Wimberley's coaches to put them on their schedule. And that was exactly what Wimberley's coaches wanted, and you can see that by seeing who else they scheduled -- Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill, Tex Liberty-Eylau.

Meanwhile, Cuero has played only *ONE* team ranked in the top 350 in the state according to Massey -- Liberty Hill.

If y'all want to brag about teams like Stafford, Palacios, Bandera, etc gunning for you, well... good for you, I guess....

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 11:36 PM
maybe we can get you on our schedule on a regular basis...in a couple of years you will soon fade away...we would love somebody new...

rb585
11-25-2006, 11:43 PM
maybe we can get you on our schedule on a regular basis...in a couple of years you will soon fade away...we would love somebody new...

Wimberley loaded up its non-district schedule with powerhouses from Region I (Abilene Wylie), Region II (Texarkana Liberty-Eylau), and Region III (Giddings).

For some reason, I don't think Wimberley's the one not answering the phone in the offseason...

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 11:45 PM
we can get it done...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-25-2006, 11:46 PM

I know what he meant. He just neglected to consider that teams that are the defending state champs are gunned for week after week.

Giddings' coaches literally begged Wimberley's coaches to put them on their schedule. And that was exactly what Wimberley's coaches wanted, and you can see that by seeing who else they scheduled -- Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill, Tex Liberty-Eylau.

Meanwhile, Cuero has played only *ONE* team ranked in the top 350 in the state according to Massey -- Liberty Hill.

If y'all want to brag about teams like Stafford, Palacios, Bandera, etc gunning for you, well... good for you, I guess....

you took what I said totally out of context, but like I said, "I figured the intelligent people would understand what I meant' you obviously want to argue, I am not going to get into it with you - a person from WIMBERLEY is who said if they beat Cuero, and lost the next week, they'd be OK - they had met their GOAL - that speaks volumes - I wasn't bragging bout our schedule or anything like that, We have 1 common opponent and we both won by 4 - other than that - the comparisons are useless. You brought all that up - I was replying to Footballgal's post about the Rio Hondo - and for the record, I am a she not a he - but since you're a newbie so........

GO MEAN GREEN

rb585
11-25-2006, 11:46 PM
we can get it done...:thinking:

I don't doubt that you can. I've already said that this Wimberley team physically doesn't match up well with Cuero.

TAMUGRAD
11-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Aw man, I wanted to be the one to tell him the he was a she.

Looking forward to a great game.

rb585
11-26-2006, 12:01 AM
you took what I said totally out of context,

No, I understood exactly what you said because Wimberley has gone through exactly the same thing this season.

And the main reason Wimberley understands that is because they got a big, nasty lesson in week 0 -- Giddings practiced all offseason to beat Wimberley, and then beat them like a dog when the game was on. Everyone else on their schedule had them circled, too, and it took Wimberley a while to adjust to it, which is why you can see so much improvement by the team during the year.

You're just spouting off like Cuero's special because everyone aims for them... Wimberley has figured out this season that they're in the exact same position this season.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Aw man, I wanted to be the one to tell him the he was a she.

LOL!! I wonder how many times "SHE" has been called a "HE" now??:thinking:

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I wonder how many times "SHE" has been called a "HE" now??:thinking:
ROFL

I think he's just pissed that I pointed out that someone from Wimberley said" If we win against Cuero, then LOSE the following week(s), our season is still a huge success. Beating Cuero is the Gold Standard for us."
The entire point of my original post was this -
if a powerhouse like Wimberley, who won STATE in 2005 and is 11-1, feels this way about Cuero, you can imagine how all the other teams we play feel. They come at us with both barrels loaded and ready for battle. I never degraded Wimberley in any way, shape or form, NOR did I say the other teams didn't feel the same way about Wimberley. I am sure, no I am certain Wimberley has the same target on their backs. Jeez - He must suffer from "little man syndrome" or something. Like a 4 year old, - always gotta be the center of attention.

The REGULARS (not the ones with 45 posts) know that I NEVER get on here saying Cuero is going to win, beat the crap out of someone, is better than a team or anything like that. After the loss to Wharton in 2003, Abilene Wylie in 2004 and Hutto in 2005, I got back online right away and congratuated the winning team and sulked for about 6 hours and then went on about my business, supporting the Reg IV team left in the playoffs (except for 2004 when it was the State Game) You know what, I have decided, Cuero is something special and I am proud of it - notice I said Special, I didn't say would kick everyone's a$$ or anything like that - There is nothing wrong with supporting your team and being proud of their accomplishments. RB585 is just trying to start something and get some trash talk going - I took the bait for a while, but I am through with it now. Everytown has posters like RB585 that can't have a civil conversation with people from opposing teams. Wimbo_pro and Gold_33 have been on here and we've had friendly banter back and forth, even trying to set up a "meet and greet" in San Antonio. I am through with this thread.....

GO MEAN GREEN

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
LOL!! I wonder how many times "SHE" has been called a "HE" now??:thinking: I want to meet "he" "she" someday.:devil: :devil:

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I want to meet "he" "she" someday.:devil: :devil:

7:00 PM Friday @ Alamodome.. I'll save you a seat :) I bet I can hook you up with a shirt too :D

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 12:31 AM
ROFL

I think he's just pissed that I pointed out that someone from Wimberley said" If we win against Cuero, then LOSE the following week(s), our season is still a huge success. Beating Cuero is the Gold Standard for us."
The entire point of my original post was this -
if a powerhouse like Wimberley, who won STATE in 2005 and is 11-1, feels this way about Cuero, you can imagine how all the other teams we play feel. They come at us with both barrels loaded and ready for battle. I never degraded Wimberley in any way, shape or form, NOR did I say the other teams didn't feel the same way about Wimberley. I am sure, no I am certain Wimberley has the same target on their backs. Jeez - He must suffer from "little man syndrome" or something. Like a 4 year old, - always gotta be the center of attention.

The REGULARS (not the ones with 45 posts) know that I NEVER get on here saying Cuero is going to win, beat the crap out of someone, is better than a team or anything like that. After the loss to Wharton in 2003, Abilene Wylie in 2004 and Hutto in 2005, I got back online right away and congratuated the winning team and sulked for about 6 hours and then went on about my business, supporting the Reg IV team left in the playoffs (except for 2004 when it was the State Game) You know what, I have decided, Cuero is something special and I am proud of it - notice I said Special, I didn't say would kick everyone's a$$ or anything like that - There is nothing wrong with supporting your team and being proud of their accomplishments. RB585 is just trying to start something and get some trash talk going - I took the bait for a while, but I am through with it now. Everytown has posters like RB585 that can't have a civil conversation with people from opposing teams. Wimbo_pro and Gold_33 have been on here and we've had friendly banter back and forth, even trying to set up a "meet and greet" in San Antonio.

I understand what you mean! I have already exchanged PM's with one Wimberly poster who is embarrassed to read what the "fellow fans" have been spouting!!

Of all the Cuero posters, I have to say you are probably the most gracious, and the majority of Cuero posters fall right in line behind you......as always though, you always have a few who just stink it up.....and Wimberly does too!!! Any school that has several posters posting in one place are going too...it just goes with the territory, IMO!!

DaHop72
11-26-2006, 12:31 AM
7:00 PM Friday @ Alamodome.. I'll save you a seat :) I bet I can hook you up with a shirt too :D Dang it, don't know if I could make it down there and then back to Lubbock on time, looks like a rain check.:D

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 12:36 AM
I understand what you mean! I have already exchanged PM's with one Wimberly poster who is embarrassed to read what the "fellow fans" have been spouting!!

Of all the Cuero posters, I have to say you are probably the most gracious, and the majority of Cuero posters fall right in line behind you......as always though, you always have a few who just stink it up.....and Wimberly does too!!! Any school that has several posters posting in one place are going too...it just goes with the territory, IMO!!

thank you for the kind works RAnger Mom :) Do you mean to tell me that Cuero has had previous posters that have been less than "graceful"? :D :D :D You know I'm kidding you of course....... it just gets my goat when someone takes something I say and twists it around to fit their agenda....... That's OK.. life's too short to let things like that bother me.. :) :)

To DaHop

Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang it, don't know if I could make it down there and then back to Lubbock on time, looks like a rain check.:D

Well, we'll just have to hope we have a game the next week and try then :)

Ranger Mom
11-26-2006, 12:39 AM
thank you for the kind works RAnger Mom :) Do you mean to tell me that Cuero has had previous posters that have been less than "graceful"? :D :D :D You know I'm kidding you of course....... it just gets my goat when someone takes something I say and twists it around to fit their agenda....... That's OK.. life's too short to let things like that bother me.. :) :)

All of us who know you will take anything you say that someone else tries to put a spin on with a grain of salt!

What can I say?? Cuero has some....um...rambunctios kids!!:D :D

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Good Grief.....talk about Drama Queens...:weeping: :weeping:

Ranger Mom found a perfect smilie for this thread and I don't have the link to it. :(

Oh well....

On ward....Wimberley vs. Cuero!! :thumbsup: WOO HOO!!

pirate4state
11-26-2006, 12:48 AM
haha here is is: http://www.bobified.com/malin/smileys/smiley_dramaqueen.gif :D

rb585
11-26-2006, 12:55 AM
ROFL
You know what, I have decided, Cuero is something special and I am proud of it - notice I said Special, I didn't say would kick everyone's a$$ or anything like that - There is nothing wrong with supporting your team and being proud of their accomplishments. RB585 is just trying to start something and get some trash talk going - I took the bait for a while, but I am through with it now. Everytown has posters like RB585 that can't have a civil conversation with people from opposing teams.
GO MEAN GREEN

Gawd, seeing as how I only have 45 posts, it seems like a veteran like yourself wouldn't have missed this one from the "Cuero vs. Rio Hondo" thread just two days ago:

"BTW, I guess I should mention that I absolutely love Cuero.

Walking into Seguin's stadium in 2004 and peering through the fog to see Cuero's team lined up from 20-to-20, backed by a completely full crowd was a sight to behold.

Sent chills up my spine.

Cuero is one of the many reason why Texas is such a great state."

Now say g'night Gracie...

44INAROW
11-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha here is is: http://www.bobified.com/malin/smileys/smiley_dramaqueen.gif :D

:D :D :D good one........ and with that.. thinking I am going to call it a night..... been a fun day on the downlow...... dang, it's going to be a LONG WEEK

Highschoolfan78
11-26-2006, 04:10 AM

Funny you mention schedules just like many do about Cuero this year. If i recall, Cuero had a hard time getting teams to play them this year. Idk whether they were real conflicts or not, but many would not mark it on the calender. I guarantee Cuero will answer the phone as long as yall dont call collect. who would have thought Bay City, a solid program, would have a horrible season. Bandera was a good team to face along with Liberty Hill. I think it's great that Wimberly played teams like Wimberly, LH and LE. We cant help having a weak district right now, unless yall wanna join back in like the good ol' 90's :) . Wimberly has come along way since those days of 61-0 and 71-14 though and have built a solid program. Cuero is the underdog in this game since you are the defending champs. As JR from the WWE would say,"this is going to be a slobberknocker"

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2006, 05:46 AM

Yeah, it did. :p Sorry to burst your bubble, but no game is any more or any less important to our team than another. Week to week is the plan - no looking ahead, no looking behind. But since you bring up last year and drug is into this....Wimberley knocked us out of the district championship, but Cuero knocked us out of the playoffs. :thinking: :thinking: