Originally posted by CueroGobblers
O.G 12- P.I.0 end of 1st

First Qtr or First Half?

CueroGobblers
11-24-2006, 10:07 PM
og-12 P.I-7 at halftime

Fal44
11-24-2006, 10:10 PM
IHS mustang they are broadcasting the game over the radio do know what station but my dad is hearing it...

SintonFan
11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Any updates? What station is this on?:)

luvhoops34
11-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Orange Grove 12

Port Isabel 7

FINAL

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Orange Grove 12

Port Isabel 7

FINAL
OmG!:eek:

99IHSMustang
11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Good Job OG...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2006, 12:06 AM
heard on the radio that OG stop PI at the 7 yd line as time expired, :eek:

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Good Job OG...
I never got the chance to reverse my prediction.:eek: :mad:

99IHSMustang
11-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I never got the chance to reverse my prediction.:eek: :mad:

Doh.... :doh:

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Doh.... :doh:
I should have called Russ. But I didn't.:( :o :(
Dammit to #$#&^& @#%# *&% @# %^&$%^!!!:mad:

big daddy russ
11-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Haha, I bet I was the only one in the pick 'em game to call it. WTG, Bassholes.

And congrats to OG. Way to represent 30-3A. Same goes out to PI. Young team from the sound of things. They made that community proud. They'll be back next year like they always are.

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Haha, I bet I was the only one in the pick 'em game to call it. WTG, Bassholes.

And congrats to OG. Way to represent 30-3A. Same goes out to PI. Young team from the sound of things. They made that community proud. They'll be back next year like they always are.
^%$# *&^$ $#@ *&(&^ @#$^%!!!!!!!!!!

sotxrat
11-25-2006, 01:36 AM
First of all I want to say congrats to PI for another good football season and your team never gave up until the bitter end.......Great game OG. I know I will get some grief from the PI fans for this but in all reality OG shot themselves so many times in the foot it was almost comical. It almost seemed that OG wanted to give PI chance after chance to take the victory and PI almost did, with the clock running out before they could get another play off at the OG 7 yd. line. Now PI did not of course play a perfect game either but wow it just got unreal on how many times OG would turn the ball over. I think OG had around 6 turnovers and still squeaked out the win. Anyway, congrats to both teams and it was well worth the 6 dollar admission.

gobbler grad
11-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Orange Grove 12

Port Isabel 7

FINAL

who would of known...thought PI would have blown them out...:thinking:

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat
First of all I want to say congrats to PI for another good football season and your team never gave up until the bitter end.......Great game OG. I know I will get some grief from the PI fans for this but in all reality OG shot themselves so many times in the foot it was almost comical. It almost seemed that OG wanted to give PI chance after chance to take the victory and PI almost did, with the clock running out before they could get another play off at the OG 7 yd. line. Now PI did not of course play a perfect game either but wow it just got unreal on how many times OG would turn the ball over. I think OG had around 6 turnovers and still squeaked out the win. Anyway, congrats to both teams and it was well worth the 6 dollar admission.

Dude - what happened to you?? Anyway....

Since you never called I sat with my buddy (NewYorkYankee) and met footballgal and TFINT. :clap: This game was crazy. I'm so tired that I can't really think about all the craziness that happened in this game!! :crazy1: TONS of penalties and too many turnovers are gonna cost anyone a game. This game wouldn't of been that close if OG had protected the ball, but you gotta give it up to the Tarpons who just kept coming back, but couldn't get out of their own way!! :doh: Those false starts & holding calls were just....:doh:....frustrating.

I never did see if Ochoa came back in the game after that wallop he took?? Any news on him??

Good game Orange Grove - way to represent 30-3A!! :clap:

Congrats to the Tarpons on a fine season!! :thumbsup:

More later....

sotxrat
11-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I forgot your number at the house, sorry. I, as usual, remembered when i got to game. Anyway, Ochoa should be ok, he just took a hell of hit. and , yes it was a wild game, we had friend from England at game, his first american footall game to attend and he was just amazed on what all was go on in the game and all around him with the fans. He said this was wilder than his soccer fans. He now loves high school football. We will meet later I am sure.

carter08
11-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Good Job OG
Great season PI

SintonFan
11-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Good Job OG
Great season PI
Who did you have picked to win?:)

Ingleside Fan
11-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Great Job Orange Grove!:clap: Keep it up, Good luck with Hondo, they are always tuff! Fresh fish for dinner!

footballgal
11-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Congrats to Orange Grove, you'll played a great game, minus the turnovers. Your QB is very good and RB plus your defense is quick to the ball. OG did give PI some chances, but PI couldn't capitalize on them, even in the end. I knew the penalties were going to catch-up to the Tarpons sooner and later and with a good team like OG, it did. Tarpons didn't start playing well or made the adjustments until, the 4th qtr, by then it was a little too late. Orange Grove has some great speed, I think the the most we have seen all season. The Bulldogs were very well coached too, if you can elminate some of those turnovers, no telling how far you can go! Despite my Tarpons loss, it was a good game to watch. On a side note, even their fans beat ours, we weren't very rowdy this time around. Too much Turkey? :D

Best Wishes to the OG Bulldogs next week and congrats Tarpons for a good season.

Next year Tarpons, I won't accept an early exit, as this year. :)

Originally posted by sotxrat
we had friend from England at game, his first american footall game to attend and he was just amazed on what all was go on in the game and all around him with the fans. He said this was wilder than his soccer fans. He now loves high school football. We will meet later I am sure.

That so cool! :clap:

Bull Butter
11-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I'll agree with much of what FootballGal said. The penalties hurt, but it was only a small factor in deciding the outcome. Orange Grove impressed me like no other opponent has this year. They're not very big, but they are QUICK! Their defense flies to the ball and makes plays and the offense is very good at keeping teams off-balance.

Good luck next week against the Owls!

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Bulldogs triumph with early 'O,' late 'D'
By JAVIER BECERRA Caller-Times
November 25, 2006

ALICE - After losing to Port Isabel in the 2003 and 2004 playoffs, Orange Grove wanted some payback.

It took all 48 minutes, but the Bulldogs finally got their revenge.

Orange Grove (11-1 overall) turned an early lead into a 12-7 victory Friday night in a Class 3A Division II showdown at Alice's Memorial Stadium. The win puts the Bulldogs in the third round for the first time in school history against Hondo - a feat that nearly didn't happen.

Port Isabel (9-3) took over at its 23-yard line with 3 minutes, 41 seconds left and two timeouts. The Tarpons made it down to the Orange Grove 9, but time ran out as the offense lined up for one final play.

"At that point in the game we knew we needed each other," senior Paul Duarte said of Port Isabel's final drive.

"Coach (Brent Kornegay) always talks about staying together as a unit. We're a brotherhood and found a way to get it done."

All Orange Grove needed were two first-quarter touchdowns, the first a 26-yard pass from Duarte to Moses Aguilar. The Bulldogs made it a 12-0 lead when running back Oscar Rodriguez scored on a 9-yard run with a minute left in the opening quarter.

Port Isabel running back Ralph Valdez helped cut the deficit to 12-7 with a 2-yard run midway through the second quarter, but the Bulldogs held on the rest of the way.

Even six turnovers - three interceptions and three fumbles - couldn't spoil Orange Grove's night.

"Port Isabel came out and gave us their best game," Duarte said. "They're a dang good football team. We had some bad breaks, but we stuck together. We found a way to overcome the adversity."

Orange Grove seized the early momentum when Carlos Gomez intercepted Port Isabel's David Alaniz on the third play of the game. The Bulldogs were forced to try a 34-yard field goal, but the Tarpons blocked Aguilar's kick.

Port Isabel took over at its 22-yard line and punted after picking up only three yards on three plays. A 25-yard kick set up Orange Grove at the 50 and quickly moved down the field when Duarte connected with Israel Ochoa for 29 yards on second down.

Duarte hit Aguilar on the very next play for a 26-yard touchdown strike at the 6:01 mark of the first quarter. Michael Gonzales missed the extra point, leaving the Bulldogs with a 6-0 lead.

The Tarpons made it to the Orange Grove 34 in eight plays on its next series but turned the ball over after the Bulldogs sacked Alaniz for a loss of 11 yards on fourth down. Working from the Port Isabel 45, Duarte gained 46 yards on consecutive carries to set up first and goal from the 9.

The Bulldogs then turned to Rodriguez, who took the handoff, found a seam and sped untouched into the end zone late in the first quarter. The scored remained 12-0 when the Tarpons stuffed Rodriguez on the ensuing two-point conversion.

Port Isabel answered with a 15-play, 84-yard scoring drive that used nearly eight minutes of the clock. Valdez did most of the damage, carrying six times for 52 yards, including a 25-yard jaunt right before he plunged across the goal line from the 2.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing - PI, Nolan Nunez 16-112, David Alaniz 14(-16), Diego Garcia 4-4, Valdez 18-111; OG, Duarte 7-64, Israel Ochoa 5-58, Jose Martinez 3-10, Rodriguez 9-59, John Herrera 2-5.

Passing - PI, Alaniz 6-16-2, 60 yards; OG, Duarte 5-11-3, 87 yards.

Receiving - PI, James Delgado 2-33, Valdez 3-21, Nunez 1-6; OG, Ochoa 4-61, Aguilar 1-26.

Link (http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_football/article/0,1641,CCCT_11856_5169643,00.html)

footballgal
11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
The penalties hurt, but it was only a small factor in deciding the outcome. Orange Grove impressed me like no other opponent has this year. They're not very big, but they are QUICK! Their defense flies to the ball and makes plays and the offense is very good at keeping teams off-balance.

Didn't mean to sound that way, your right it was a small factor, but it sure didn't help and it killed a couple of our drives. But yeah, OG was the better team last night. They played some good football and would have been near perfect, if they didn't those turnovers.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
\ They're not very big, but they are QUICK! Their defense flies to the ball and makes plays and the offense is very good at keeping teams off-balance.

thats exactly how i see them, their quickness has help them so far in the playoff. OG now faces a team that has quickness and are bigger than them. This is one team i didnt think would be in the 3rd round. Keep it going OG ya'll have earned it. with this new success they should start considering a new stadium.:)

sotxrat
11-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow, its hard to believe that you are giving OG some props finally, thanks!!! Hondo will be very tough but OG will show up. Whatever happens it has been a great experience for these kids. I would not expect a new stadium though, maybe in the ten year plan. I sort of like the name that some Sinton fan (maybe you) gave it, the Tin Can. Kinda has a ping to it.........anyway, thanks.

IHStangFan
11-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
OmG!:eek: dont act suprised, LOL ;)

did i call it or did i call it...

SintonFan
11-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
dont act suprised, LOL ;)

did i call it or did i call it...
You ask for credit but we all know who should get the glory.:D
Good job man!:)