PDA

View Full Version : Burnet can't be beaten

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:20 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Tell me if you think you could beat Burnet and how you might do it.

travis
09-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Ask someone from Everman how they went about it last year.

I know you're probably not a player, but if they decide to get as cocky as you are right now, they'll be beaten a lot sooner than you think.

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:25 AM
not cocky, just confident and curious about who could be the one to take them out. I am completely mystified on the ability of the team and would like to know if there is someone who can stop us.
Truthful question I swear.

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:27 AM
maybe someone in the BIG 12 like Baylor???

Billy Boy
09-04-2003, 10:40 AM
What a dumb post. I had a lot of respect for Burnet and thier fans. Any team on any day can beat another team.

Phil C
09-04-2003, 10:42 AM
I agree with Billy Boy. Nearly every team that has won state has had at least one or two close ones that could have gone either way. Of course I have the real solution as to how to beat Burnet and it is so obvious: Just score more points than them! :)

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:45 AM
I'm not being dumb I just want to know who...
You people automatically assume people from Burnet talk trash when all I am doing is asking a question to you guys, who supposively know all about your teams who you think can beat Burnet.
All this crap about "I HAD a lot of respect for Burnet fans" ... just answer the QUESTION and quit jumping all over me!!!
Seriously I am sick of this bull.

I might be talking trash now. DO NOT TEMPT ME

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Phil C:
I agree with Billy Boy. Nearly every team that has won state has had at least one or two close ones that could have gone either way. Of course I have the real solution as to how to beat Burnet and it is so obvious: Just score more points than them! :) Thank you for a decent comment about this.

jason
09-04-2003, 10:48 AM
SWTdawg:
I'm not being dumb I just want to know who...
You people automatically assume people from Burnet talk trash when all I am doing is asking a question to you guys, who supposively know all about your teams who you think can beat Burnet.
All this crap about "I HAD a lot of respect for Burnet fans" ... just answer the QUESTION and quit jumping all over me!!!
Seriously I am sick of this bull.

I might be talking trash now. DO NOT TEMPT MEcould be a possible ROM candidate...

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
OK jason, let me ask you politely, if you could put any team up against Burnet to see them get beat, who would it be.

Is that a little better for you???

bd0707
09-04-2003, 10:53 AM
SWTdawg, that statement at best should be held with quiet confidence. Why would you want to come on here and bring crap like that to this board? Fans of Burnet spent the better part of a season trying to fend off undeserved criticism of a town, it's fans, and it's team on this board. This is real close to pure trash talk. As a Burnet fan myself I "say who needs it" :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Billy Boy
09-04-2003, 10:54 AM
If you had posted How you would beat Burnet and not Burnet can't be beaten. I wouldn't have taken it as trash talk. :D

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Billy Boy:
If you had posted How you would beat Burnet and not Burnet can't be beaten. I wouldn't have taken it as trash talk. :D agreed, maybe I could have worded it that way.

BULLDOGFAN
09-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Okay everybody....Group Hug.....

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:05 AM
What does it say on the 3A Down Low home page...
"3A Football Discussion" ...
Let's discuss who can do it.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2003, 11:13 AM
I honestly think SWTDawg is asking a serious question... It's obvious that they're the team to get beat right now... He's prolly just as shocked as we are at the result against Austin Regan and is just asking who can beat this team and how... Though it seems cocky I think he's being as unbiased as can be seeing what kind of question he posted...

To answer your question seriously, SWTDawg, I don't see you getting beat until the playoffs, but you could see an upset during the season, dunno who to, but your Bulldogs have the biggest traget on them EVER, and teams will be aiming for it each week...

cunbed10
09-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, we play University 5Sep03, so we will get some advice from the coaching staff, and try a give it a shot again, only this time we will travel to Burnet. So I guess I'm saying Marlin can beat Burnet, Yeah that's what I'm saying!

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:16 AM
That will definitely be one of the best games of the year in texas high school football. We look forward to the challenge and I'm sure you do too... we know you brought it last year.

We'll probably have to bring in some extra bleachers for that game.

FYI --- it is on September 26 at 7:30 in Burnet.

pirate4state
09-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Realistically, it is too early in the season to know what team, if any, can defeat Burnet. Some teams haven't played their first game, so until district rolls around maybe I'll/we'll be able to answer your question. Okay?

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:17 AM
I appreciate that Gobbla, hope to see a lot of challenges, Reagan wasn't that much fun to watch.

Curly
09-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Why is Burnet playing Killeen Shoemaker at home in Burnet again?

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Curly:
Why is Burnet playing Killeen Shoemaker at home in Burnet again?I think you are underestimating the sneakiness of the Burnet coaches. They are verrry verrry sneaky!

Curly
09-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Sneaky ?
or leary of what might happen to mess up a undefeated season

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:25 AM
good one curly, will you be at the Shoemaker/Burnet game. This should be a good matchup and why wouldn't we want a perfect season...a perfect season is a state championship and that is what most teams aim for.

cunbed10
09-04-2003, 11:27 AM
SWTdawg:
That will definitely be one of the best games of the year in texas high school football. We look forward to the challenge and I'm sure you do too... we know you brought it last year. I'll take it, that you are referring to the Marlin Bulldogs on this post, wouldn't it be great if both teams were 3-0 going into the game, but I'm not sure the Marlin Bulldogs will be 3-0, becasue I'm hearing that #2Tank Smith #4D'Nerian WRighther, #10 Hartsfield all are not playing in the Opener 5Sep03, but Marlin vs Burnet doesn't need two undefeated teams to fill the stands, because everyone is talking about attending this game on the 26Sep03. Realistically if Marlin wins it's not a long term goal that we are looking for, we have been seeking that state championship for the past 4 years now, so even though the game will be good for highschool sports , we want to hoist the trophy up in December to quinch this thirst we've been experiencing for a long while now.

We'll probably have to bring in some extra bleachers for that game.

FYI --- it is on September 26 at 7:30 in Burnet.

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

rholl
09-04-2003, 11:28 AM
solid db's, good pass rush. Lb's who can run and tackle well. Also need a good ball control offense that can help keep Burnet O off the field.
Coaches need to scheme a good game.
Everman 35- Burnet 14

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
sounds like a good plan but who has it. You might need an offense that can score a lot too. Last years Everman squad is an excellent example.

jason
09-04-2003, 11:55 AM
maybe marlin will hand them a loss...since ill be at that game, it'd be nice to see an upset...if you can call it that....

Jerry10ydCurl
09-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Okay, get your facts straight before you start throwing acusations out on the Burnet Coaches. Shoemaker agreed to play in Burnet because of scheduling conflicts at Leo Buckley in Killeen. Leo Buckley is shared by all the Killeen Schools.

Curly
09-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Explain the schedule conflict
Leo Buckle can host game on Thurs, Fri or Sat
Why was there a conflict,
did Burnet only want a Friday night game?

Tiny
09-04-2003, 12:53 PM
I guess I would have to say Everman or Marlin would be two teams I think would beat Burnet,
I guess we will find out about Marlin on the 26th. Should be a fun game to watch.

Jerry10ydCurl
09-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Shoemaker wanted the Friday Night Game. Thursday gives you one less day to prepare. Saturday gives you one less to recuperate. The Grey Wolve coaches wanted to be on the level playing field with ALL their opponents. Also remember Burnet didn't schedule this to be leary of an unbeaten season. This schedule was set in the spring of 2002.

Hazben
09-04-2003, 01:25 PM
i agree with tiny everman obvoiusly ...and Marlin...yup marlin they could have beaten burnet last year if the staff at marlin would have kept Tank Smith in burnet would not haave won that over time game ...well tank i think is a junior now so burnet has to find a way to stop him and Marlin

Curly
09-04-2003, 01:30 PM
My information must be wrong.
I had heard something else.....
Be careful of the Greywolves. and don't underestimate them.

Jerry10ydCurl
09-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Let us not forget that Burnet RB Patrick Miller didn't play, and TE Mason Templeton did not play. Both are playing college ball and made huge impacts in Burnet's offense last year. I do believe Marlin will be the toughest opponent for Burnet until 3rd round.

Hazben
09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
i was saying on the d-fensive side burnet couldn't stop him if you do recall.

BIG19
09-04-2003, 01:49 PM
SWTDAWG, what a disappointment..... To answer your question directly, any one of the teams that Burnet will play this year (except Reagan) can and possibly will beat them. Now who it will be, if any, that is just a guess at best.

Not sure why Shoemaker is playing in Burnet twice, I do know that Midland Christian is playing twice in Burnet because of distance and playing field. They do not travel a band and it is actually more economical for them to go to Burnet. Agreement to split the gate, I believe, was the stamp of approval.

St. Ivender
09-04-2003, 01:56 PM
SWTdawg:
sounds like a good plan but who has it. You might need an offense that can score a lot too. Last years Everman squad is an excellent example.The 1983 Daingerfield Tigers

Jerry10ydCurl
09-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Hazben, If you will read my other post, I gave you my theory on why burnet couldn't stop him on the defensive side of the ball. ie inexperience at the LB and DT spots.

Hazben
09-04-2003, 02:57 PM
well that may be true of those 2 positions but the other 9 couldn't do the job either. I still say that marlin may come away from burnet victorious.

SWTdawg
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
hazben, they sure might come away from burnet victorious but it might be the other way around as well.

I will see you at the game I suspect.

jason
09-04-2003, 03:08 PM
id kinda like to see forney play burnet play...could happen, state championship game....

Hazben
09-04-2003, 03:17 PM
yes i will be there.. and your right anything can happen under the friday night lights.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Yep...anything can and will happen..... :D

espn1
09-04-2003, 07:24 PM
After seeing Marlin beat Ennis, and Kennedale defeating Everman, that always makes me respect any team. I can promise you no Coach or player would ever make a stupid post like this one. I do have to say that I'd rather be playing Forney than Marlin. Buurnet did look incredible last week. The depth that we appear to have is absolutely amazing.

HotDawg89
09-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Billy Boy:
What a dumb post. I had a lot of respect for Burnet and thier fans. Any team on any day can beat another team.Awwww come on! Just because one "fan" who is in college right now is cocky enough to put this on here, doesn't mean the rest of us are... Please don't use "had" as if the respect is gone. We aren't all like that- heck, I thought Reagan was gonna win! I even said so!

HotDawg89
09-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Curly:
Why is Burnet playing Killeen Shoemaker at home in Burnet again?Curly, it is my understanding that this was the original agreement. {Burnet has had a great deal of trouble finding teams who are willing to play them pre-district.} For the life of me, I don't know why they would have agreed to it... I think it might have been an assumption that by next year, Burnet will likely be 4A, and will have to travel for more games. We'll see.

Edited...
I read some more postings, and now I know I was confused... I was thinking about Midland Christian- but now I get it too...

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

HotDawg89
09-04-2003, 07:39 PM
jason:
maybe marlin will hand them a loss...since ill be at that game, it'd be nice to see an upset...if you can call it that....Aww now that is just mean. Marlin, in my opinion is going to give Burnet the biggest challenge of the regular season. They were really tough last year, and I think not only do they have the talent to beat us- they are going to be looking for a little revenge as well. That is going to be a super game to watch. But Jason, man, that is just a mean thing to say.

29x281
09-04-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm from Burnet.

Right now we really don't know. Reagan wasn't ready to play a football game, but like last year they will round into form in about 3 weeks.

No way is Burnet unbeatable. Too many great players graduated last year. Right now we don't even know if the team is as good as the '02 team, and Everman beat that team soundly. (Although I still think a healthy Burnet team would have challenged Everman.)

Lashon Thayer of Gatesville is a great football player. Marlin has several great players. Shoemaker has speed all over the place. Bandera is a defending state champion. Liberty Hill lost only 2 game slast year. Injuries can happen, and if you haven't noticed they've been prone to happening to key Burnet players in recent history.

Right now I think Burnet has to be favored for all their regular season games, but there will be a challenge, perhaps even a loss before the playoffs. Everyone gets up for #1, and right now to tell you the truth I wish Everman was in that position.

This is not an invincable team like the Jasper Bulldogs of 2002. Oh wait...

j_dog
09-04-2003, 10:39 PM
29x281:
I'm from Burnet.......
This is not an invincable team like the Jasper Bulldogs of 2002. Oh wait...I am glad to hear you say that. I am a bit amused by this. Last year there were so many on this board ready to diss all Jasper fans and posters because of the stupid posts of some people, purportedly and presumably Jasper fans. Now I see it starting for Burnet. It is proper to speak up for your team, it is somewhat ill-advised to brag that they cannot be beaten. Anyone can be beaten on a given night. There are just too many variables as most of you know. Variables like injuries, illness and weather adverse to your type players and style of play, etc. Good luck to Burnet fans and team. I hope you win it all this year, unless by some long shot Jasper makes it the the Semi's. Then I will have to pull for the BIG upset.
:D :D :D

Matthew328
09-05-2003, 07:10 AM
[[/qb][/QUOTE]The 1983 Daingerfield Tigers[/QB][/QUOTE]

The 1983 Daingerfield Tigers would beat any 3A team that has ever played!!! That team was unreal..they prolly would shut Burnet out..no joke...

espn1
09-05-2003, 08:32 AM
They have never made a team that could shut Burnet out. I do realize this is the second gmae of the season, and taking that into account I'm going to say that Burnet has Incredible depth this year. Burnet could hang with alot of 5A schools this year. Things could change but I dont see it.

ClydeFan
09-05-2003, 09:03 AM
The '83 Daingerfield team wasn't even scored on in the playoffs and won the title 42-0... simply incredible.

Matthew328
09-05-2003, 11:19 AM
LOL sorry espn1....the 1983 Daingerfield team was incredible...they woulda won state in 5A that year...the best 3A team ever bar none....I posted once the scores from their games..it was unreal...

3afan
09-05-2003, 11:34 AM
i agree - '83 D-field was BY FAR the best AAA team ever ... no team has come close, or would come close, including any this year. sorry espn1 ....
1983 playoff scores:
Daingerfield 43, Clarksville 0
Daingerfield 22, Robinson 0
Daingerfield 49, Kaufman 0
Daingerfield 51, Gladewater 0
Daingerfield 42, Post 0
Daingerfield 42, Sweeny 0

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

espn1
09-05-2003, 11:39 AM
That's an unanswerable question. Anything else would be speculation. But I do stand by what I said. Theres no one out there that will hold Burnet scoreless. Time is the proof in the pudding.

espn1
09-05-2003, 11:59 AM
I think you need to weight out the total picture of now and then. Compare speed and size. Today’s athletes are much stronger and faster (as a whole). Shipley is going to break several State records this year and would build on those records against any pre or post 83 team. I never said Burnet would beat D'field83, I said they wouldn't be shut out. Could they beat D'field83? No one will ever be able to answer that question. Records stand for themselves. But! I do believe there have been some Pro teams that could have beaten the 73 (is this right???) Dolphins. The past just wasn't the same and the future will be even more bizarre with 7'7" 400lb linemen.

Tiny
09-05-2003, 12:35 PM
I think Dangerfield only gave up 12 points all season. I may be wrong but I think thats right.

HotDawg89
09-07-2003, 10:51 AM
After watching the game against Gatesville, I think I have the answer to the question that SWTDog was really maening to ask... there may be teams out there that can beat Burnet this year- to say there aren't is proposterous, and unrealistic. But our biggest competition is going to be ourselves. Teams beat themselves all the time, and you could sense our teams frustrations when Gatesville really began moving the ball. It is all in the mindset of the players.

oldengray1
09-07-2003, 11:27 AM
First login yahooo!!!! just one thought-Texas A& M Corpus Christi beat the defending national champion UT baseball team last year. It can happen