PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip to Austin thanks to you 3A downlow but too much parallel to 40 years ago.

Phil C
11-24-2006, 09:02 PM
It was a great trip and getting to be in the stands and giving my boy something to remember the rest of his life and it was all thanks to you.

There were some parallel things that go back forty years ago in 1966. One UT had lost a big game to Oklahoma and this year we had lost to Kansas State. Our starting QB then was Bill Bradley (who is now at Baylor as a defensive coach) and he was hurt and was not as effective. Ditto for Colt. We had too many turnovers today like we did against Arkansas that year. We finally got ahead of Arkansas last year to lead 7 to 6 only to have Arkansas get a td and win 12 to 7. This year the score was the same 12 to 7 in favor of the Aggies. I thought about that when the Aggies were making the last drive. Also I didn't think UT played their best that year and I feel this is the same this year but that is just a personal opinion. We had chances to win in 1966 just like this year and didn't get it done. Thanks again everyone! You are great! I guess it just isn't meant for me to ever personally see UT win a game in Austin. :(

Phil C
11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
There was one amusing incident that happened to me and my son on the way to the parking lot this morning in Austin. The traffic was bad and evidently someone wanted to cut in front of me in the traffic. I didn't see him at all till he was right by me and gave the the we're no. 1 sign only it was at a right angle. :)
What is more he was dressed in burnt orange and frowning. City folks should be understanding of their country cousins when they drive in city traffic. Since we were both on the same side and understanding his frustration I slowed and let him pull in front of me.

Old Green
11-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Glad ya'll had a great day Phil:)

AP Panther Fan
11-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Phil C....I thought about you all day! Sorry it didn't turn out the way we hoped, but you gotta know.....WE ALL LOVE YOU! I am glad you had a good time and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I am also in Austin, and know EXACTLY what you mean about the darn traffic! :mad:

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and I will do the same!:D

Phil C
11-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Phil C....I thought about you all day! Sorry it didn't turn out the way we hoped, but you gotta know.....WE ALL LOVE YOU! I am glad you had a good time and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I am also in Austin, and know EXACTLY what you mean about the darn traffic! :mad:

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and I will do the same!:D

Well it will be great if Freer can beat Dilley tomorrow. I can't be at the game but it would be great.
Thanks for the nice words. It was a great trip except for the final result and everyone has been so great here.

Phil C
11-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Glad ya'll had a great day Phil:)

Thanks Old. It was a great trip and it is awesome to be in the atmosphere there.

pirate4state
11-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thanks Old. It was a great trip and it is awesome to be in the atmosphere there.

Please tell me you have some pictures to share with us?!?!

Phil C
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Please tell me you have some pictures to share with us?!?!

My boy took some until the camera ran out. We ran out before we could get us in them since we were concerned with the atmosphere. I will get them to you after they are developed to see if you or someone can post them here since I don't know how. I did have some good news on my car. I went up to Austin and back on one tank of gasoline and got back and filled up again and my estimated miles per gallon was almost 28 miles per gallon! :)
And that was with about 2 hours of stopping and stopping and pausing in traffic in Austin. :)

JasperDog94
11-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I went up to Austin and back on one tank of gasoline and got back and filled up again and my estimated miles per gallon was almost 28 miles per gallon! :)
And that was with about 2 hours of stopping and stopping and pausing in traffic in Austin. :) Shame on you Phil. The FAT CATS need to eat too!:mad: :mad: :mad:

olddawggreen
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I guess it just isn't meant for me to ever personally see UT win a game in Austin. :(

Glad you had a great trip and made it home safely Phil. I agree with you about the traffic in Austin. I would rather drive through most of our Texas cities during rush hour than drive through Austin anytime, much less game day.Too many arrogant drivers in the Capitol City for me.:mad:

Now do I understand that UT has never won a game that you've attended in Austin? Hmmm:thinking: :thinking: Magee will be a Sr. year after next and hopefully healthy and playing again in Austin. Maybe we can send you back up there for the game one more time;) ;) :D .

RMAC
11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Shame on you Phil. The FAT CATS need to eat too!:mad: :mad: :mad:

:clap: I'd almost forgot about the FAT CATS. That right there made getting up this morning worth it.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
I thought about you everytime the cameras panned the UT Crowd. I think I felt almost as bad for you (witnessing another loss) as I did the Texas Team!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time anyway, and that's what we wanted for you more than anything!

Phil C
11-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
:clap: I'd almost forgot about the FAT CATS. That right there made getting up this morning worth it.

They made enough to live and eat on with their profits the past year and a half to last through 9 lives!

:D

Phil C
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
I forgot to mention that as we left the stadium a cowboy stopped us so they could load Bevo onto a trailer. Awesome! :)

Phil C
12-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I will be going to Austin in the spring for a conference and plan to stop by and see the NC trophy etc. :)

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
PICTURES PHIL...PICTURES!!! :mad:

Phil C
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
PICTURES PHIL...PICTURES!!! :mad:

I need to get the camera to HEB to get them developed. I need to remember to drop them off since they are in my car. Also I will need help on getting them posted because I don't know how or have the equipment.
A tragedy occurred when we went to the Big 12 women's soccer tournament a couple of years ago and I got pictures of some of the ladies including our great defender Stephanie Logterman (her father took the picture for me) but alas one of the boys left it outside and it rained on the camera and ruined the pictures.

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I need to get the camera to HEB to get them developed. I need to remember to drop them off since they are in my car. Also I will need help on getting them posted because I don't know how or have the equipment.
A tragedy occurred when we went to the Big 12 women's soccer tournament a couple of years ago and I got pictures of some of the ladies including our great defender Stephanie Logterman (her father took the picture for me) but alas one of the boys left it outside and it rained on the camera and ruined the pictures.

SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE!!!:mad:

Phil C
12-12-2006, 06:06 PM
SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE!!!:mad:

:(

Phil C
12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Within about a month period I got to go to a UT vs A&M football game and got to fight the bull. A treat for an old man indeed! :)

http://www.indigenthealthcaresolutions.com/photo_album/2006-auditors-el_paso/originals/426.jpg

AP Panther Fan
12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Within about a month period I got to go to a UT vs A&M football game and got to fight the bull. A treat for an old man indeed! :)

I haven't heard the bullfight story...where was this picture taken? details?:)

Adidas410s
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I haven't heard the bullfight story...where was this picture taken? details?:)

go search two words...sinton and matador

It's my favorite thread ever! :)

AP Panther Fan
12-12-2006, 06:39 PM
go search two words...sinton and matador

It's my favorite thread ever! :)

LOL...here's the link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53264&perpage=15&highlight=sinton%20matador&pagenumber=1)
in case anyone else missed it!

I think he really liked all of those dance partners and I cracked up when I saw the picture of the bus for some reason!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Phil C
12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I forgot to mention one thing about my dance partner. She spoke excellent english.