PDA

View Full Version : "Broomstick One"

Old Cardinal
01-10-2004, 09:29 PM
A few year back Ms. Clinton led the push by the Democratic party to not allow our troops overseas to vote-- since the troops are primarily Republicans. It's kind of comical, the U.S. troops in Iraq are calling the Sikorsky Blackhawk helicopter that Hillary used to tour Iraq--"Broomstick One"! Leave it to the troops to never forget those that tried to take away their right to vote.

Old Dog
01-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I'll stir the pot a little more! The troops (and vets) have more right to vote that anyone else the way I see it. They have earned "head of the line" status by putting their asses on the real line.

Chris Hart
01-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Old Dog:
I'll stir the pot a little more! The troops (and vets) have more right to vote that anyone else the way I see it. They have earned "head of the line" status by putting their asses on the real line.Agreed!

lepfan
01-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Old Dog:
I'll stir the pot a little more! The troops (and vets) have more right to vote that anyone else the way I see it. They have earned "head of the line" status by putting their asses on the real line.I <100%> agree to that!!!

Bigblue07
01-11-2004, 10:10 PM
broomstick one thats great

sinton66
01-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Partisan politics never feels like it owes anyone anything. Some organization in this country should come up with an annual "Unamerican Award". At least we should be able to embarass the heck out of some of these idiots. wink

SINTON81
01-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Old Cardinal:
A few year back Ms. Clinton led the push by the Democratic party to not allow our troops overseas to vote-- since the troops are primarily Republicans. It's kind of comical, the U.S. troops in Iraq are calling the Sikorsky Blackhawk helicopter that Hillary used to tour Iraq--"Broomstick One"! Leave it to the troops to never forget those that tried to take away their right to vote.I like that. It sure is funny you don't hear about that in the media. :) :)

rholl
01-12-2004, 05:10 PM
I remember a little blurb about the Dem's not wanting overseas troops to vote...but thats about it. Now when the Rep's try to reorganize voting lines....its the major media story for weeks on end. I take my media with a big ol' grain of salt!!!!!!

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
rholl:
I remember a little blurb about the Dem's not wanting overseas troops to vote...but thats about it. Now when the Rep's try to reorganize voting lines....its the major media story for weeks on end. I take my media with a big ol' grain of salt!!!!!!But was it all over the news that a judge upheld the new re-districting lines? Me neither. I had to hear it on talk radio. :rolleyes:

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Old Cardinal
01-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I support the re-districting in that the State had been tweaked into gerrymandered grouping of Republican prone voters into big-number city districts. Then the Democrate majority created Districts, had comparatively way few voters, per District- but a lot of Districts. Their argument was that that supported rural districts? The fact is, this is a predominately Republician State and they were just trying to keep a Democratic majority representation by cunning long-term territorial arrangements, irregardless of the overwhelming majority of Republican voters. It's still not fair to the majority, but it is a little closer...

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Wildcat81
01-14-2004, 03:32 AM
Broomstick One" Now thats a good one. :D

onfirebball05mustang
01-14-2004, 09:59 AM
i agree! @ Old Dog

They fight so that we can have our freedoms- such as the right to vote, they should be first in line at voting!