PDA

View Full Version : Going to a 2A game tonight!

LHMom
11-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm going to watch a 2A game tonight. Early vs. Comfort at the RR stadium. Don't know much about the teams. I'll be on the Early side (after all - they are PURPLE! AND they are the Longhorns! :clap: ) Truthfully, we have a friend with a kid on the team.

vet93
11-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Early has a very good team. They had alot of injuries during the middle of the season that held them back but they are healthy now. Ballinger played them tough the first half but were blown out by the end of the game. They have a good qb and running back (connely). There defense is quick to the ball and swarm. They will have their hands full with Comfort. They run the spread and like to air it out. Their head coaches dad (ken wiggington) graduated from Ballinger. In the past the achilles heal of Comfort has been defense. They could put the points up but couldn't keep anyone out...this year they are a little better defensively. This should be a great game...have fun!

LHMom
11-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Cool. Thanks for the insight. (Now I can sound informed!)

Ranger Mom
11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
When do yall play this week?

IHS Fan
11-24-2006, 10:14 AM
i would like to see this game. one of our coaches of the past few years moved to comfort over the summer. his son was our qb last year. that kid can air out the ball. i don't know if he is the qb this year but he is real good.

LHMom
11-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When do yall play this week?

LH plays tomorrow at 1:00 in Waco - against Crockett. I'll be there with bells on! GO PANTHERS!

Ingleside Fan
11-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
i would like to see this game. one of our coaches of the past few years moved to comfort over the summer. his son was our qb last year. that kid can air out the ball. i don't know if he is the qb this year but he is real good.

He is a WR is what I heard.

LHMom
11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
This was a really good game. 14 - 14 at the half. Comfort scored to tie @ 28 with just over a minute remaining in the game. Early moved the ball right down the field and kicked a field goal to win with 4 seconds on the clock! A very exciting finish.

As I said, don't know much about either team, but kudos to the QB from Comfort. (IHS - not sure if this is the kid you mentioned.) He played hard and showed a great deal of heart.

It was a fun game to watch.