PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Picks and Games of the Week

Matthew328
09-10-2002, 08:59 AM
are now posted

Pudlugger
09-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Prepare to be wrong on The La Grange Sealy prediction, Matt. La Grange will surprise some people Friday IMHO. Sealy has not been tested yet playing two soft opponents in the first two outings. La Grange has played two very good teams winning one and losing one. However, the trend is towards improvement and the momentum is in La Grange's favor. La Grange has tweaked the defensive alignment since Yoakum with some impressive results: moving Schramm to DE iproviding strength against the outside game, and adding #10 Calloway and #68 Krause in the MLB slots (both having excelled in these roles last 2 seasons on JV). This allows Hayes (6'3' 280) and Mckenzie to anchor the middle line. The D will not be the one that allowed 28 points mostly on the ground in Yoakum. Add to that an offensive line that is blowing off the ball after a lackluster debut in Yoakum and I see fb #14 Boothe and tb #33 Wilson getting some big yardage. Sealy will be tough, make no mistake about that, but this team has great potential and is beginning to realize it. I give it to La Grange 28-14.

Matthew328
09-10-2002, 09:47 AM
Believe me if I am wrong it won't be the first time and it won't be the last! And if LaGrange does win...look for them to be back in my Top 20