PDA

View Full Version : I still can hardy move!!

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 09:16 PM
It's been 7 hours since I ate......didn't fill my plate completely full and didn't eat everything on it.

Heck....I didn't even eat ANY dessert.....and I still feel ready to explode!!

I even had a hard time yelling for the cowboys because I didn't even have any room to suck in any air to say, "GO COWBOYS"!!!

What I ate sure was good though!!:D

CenTexSports
11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
I suspect that what you are not telling us is that you munched on everything while it was being cooked. You probably ate four plates before sitting down to eat with everybody else. That is one of the perks of being the cook.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

What I ate sure was good though!!:D

:doh:

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I suspect that what you are not telling us is that you munched on everything while it was being cooked. You probably ate four plates before sitting down to eat with everybody else. That is one of the perks of being the cook.

Actually...you are wrong there!!:D I didn't eat anything before I sat down to eat dinner. I had all my baking done last night...all I made today was Banana Pudding, and I still don't want that.

I don't know what the deal is.....unless it was the 5 glasses of tea I drank before I ever sat down to eat!

gobbler grad
11-23-2006, 09:24 PM
After cooking 5 turkeys today, i'm burned out...guess i'm stuffed like a turkey...:D

TAMUGRAD
11-23-2006, 09:25 PM
I did not eat breakfast so that I would have more room for the Thanksgiving spread.

I ate tons of food at about 12:45pm and I am still miserable. I don't even want to look at food for a day or two.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
After cooking 5 turkeys today, i'm burned out...guess i'm stuffed like a turkey...:D

I wasn't in charge of the turkey, thank goodness! We went to someone else's house...so I just had to bring a few things with me!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 09:28 PM
so I just had to bring a few things with me!

:eek:

CenTexSports
11-23-2006, 09:37 PM
RM, have you been on a diet? I have lost 20 pounds the last 45 days and when I ate today, I only ate about 1/4 of what I usually eat at Thanksgiving. I usually eat dressing, mashed potatoes, and turkey. While everybody else is having dessert, I am having my fifth plate of cornbread dressing covered with giblet gravy.

This year we drove all the way to Nashville and I didn't even eat two full plates.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
RM, have you been on a diet? I have lost 20 pounds the last 45 days and when I ate today, I only ate about 1/4 of what I usually eat at Thanksgiving. I usually eat dressing, mashed potatoes, and turkey. While everybody else is having dessert, I am having my fifth plate of cornbread dressing covered with giblet gravy.

This year we drove all the way to Nashville and I didn't even eat two full plates.

No...I haven't been on a diet...I NEED to be, but I haven't! I didn't feel very good about mid-morning, I figured it was just because I hadn't eaten breakfast...so that may have been it.

Out of curiosity..what kind of diet are you on?

GreenMonster
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Wanna hear about misery. I had lunch with my family at 2. Napped a bit then moved on to the in-laws to eat again at 5. The Mrs. had to work today and didn't get in until 7:35, while she was eating we all sat down and had pie. I had 2 large slices, one pecan and one French silk chocolate. I was miserable after lunch, nearly sick after dinner, and truly in physical pain after pie. Man I love Thanksgiving!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, my father and I deep fried our turkey today, and I'm telling you that was the best turkey that I have ever eaten. The injectibles and the seasoning made it have so much more flavor....It was good and only took 40 minutes.

Boosty_Hondo
11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
im still stuffed to but i will always have room for pecan pie and mississippi mud haha

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
im still stuffed to but i will always have room for pecan pie and mississippi mud haha

NOOOO!!!! Don't talk about food!!!!

I think hearing on Good Morning America yesterday, that the average Thanksgiving dinner is 3,000 (THREE THOUSAND) Calories!!!!!!!

Maybe that is why I am feeling so bad now!!:eek: :eek:

luvhoops34
11-23-2006, 11:03 PM
We ate at 12pm and I'm still full. I was miserable after eating two plates of food and a piece of pecan pie. But it was soooo good.

Boosty_Hondo
11-23-2006, 11:04 PM
NOOOO!!!! Don't talk about food!!!!

I think hearing on Good Morning America yesterday, that the average Thanksgiving dinner is 3,000 (THREE THOUSAND) Calories!!!!!!!

Maybe that is why I am feeling so bad now!!:eek: :eek:

wow that is a ridiculous amount of calories haha oh well its worth it

CenTexSports
11-23-2006, 11:05 PM
I went to the doctor and he gave me an appetite suppressent for 30 days. I had him refill it for another 30. I also cut out most sweets including sweet tea (at our house we make it with 2 cups of sugar in a gallon of tea). The pills help me cut out in between snacks and I still eat Ok but the weight has gradually gone down.

Tiger Baseball
11-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I hear that you would have to walk 18 miles to burn of Thanksgiving Dinner. :thinking: So I guess I should have it burned off just in time for Christmas Dinner. :D

bobcat1
11-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I am fasting for three days. It will take at least that long to get back to normal. :D

TAMUGRAD
11-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Okay, I am better today. Was miserable last night. Only had the one meal yesterday at lunch, but that was enough to feed a family of four.

This morning eggs, biscuits, and peppered bacon are sounding good.

Gotta feed the boy, big game tonight and all.

No turkey for lunch though don't need him sleepy before the game.

SWMustang
11-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, my father and I deep fried our turkey today, and I'm telling you that was the best turkey that I have ever eaten. The injectibles and the seasoning made it have so much more flavor....It was good and only took 40 minutes.

I fried up a couple of turkeys also. They were the best turkeys I've ever had for Thanksgiving.