PDA

View Full Version : How many of you......

DUKE22
11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
have never seen the Lions play exept for Thanksgiving day. I know its tradition but holy crap. I guess Roy Williams fans are enjoying this. I miss Barry Sanders at least he kept my attention.

gobbler grad
11-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I was wondering why they always play...be different if they were good...:thinking:

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
have never seen the Lions play exept for Thanksgiving day. I know its tradition but holy crap. I guess Roy Williams fans are enjoying this. I miss Barry Sanders at least he kept my attention. They play so you can take a nap ;) :D

:o oops, meant to quote gobbler grad :D

Old Tiger
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM
They play so at least one team a year will look real good.

DUKE22
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah but does anyone know how the Lions got to be the team that plays the early game every Thanksgiving. I am sure that there were better candidates.

Old Tiger
11-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I think they were one of the first teams to play on thanksgiving. Not real sure they talked about it a lot on ESPN

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah but does anyone know how the Lions got to be the team that plays the early game every Thanksgiving. I am sure that there were better candidates. I think back when they decided who would play their owner was the only one (other than the Cowboy owner) to say yes. Something about the short week, blah, blah, blah. They usually talk about it during the pre-game or half-time shows.

Well I knew it had something to do with their owner. Here is a link (http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?cont_id=147421) to the history. :nerd: :)

Cameron Crazy
11-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I saw that on ESPN!!! This is the biggest time when there fan base is watching cause they never make the playoffs and never go deep..Put Barry Sanders back on the filed they will go deep!!

Old Tiger
11-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I saw that on ESPN!!! This is the biggest time when there fan base is watching cause they never make the playoffs and never go deep..Put Barry Sanders back on the filed they will go deep!! They've never went deep with him.

piratebg
11-23-2006, 08:03 PM
have never seen the Lions play exept for Thanksgiving day. I know its tradition but holy crap. I guess Roy Williams fans are enjoying this. I miss Barry Sanders at least he kept my attention.

I usually watch them twice a year. Once on Thanksgiving and then again when the Cowboys play them. That's about it.