PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs. Monahans

snydertiger02
11-23-2006, 12:32 PM
the snyder tigers will take the win friday.

loboes86
11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Only time will tell. Good luck on friday to Snyder. Hope everyone travels safe and no major injuries on the field. See ya'll there.:clap:

wildstangs
11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I have predicted a Snyder win in each of the last two Monahans games. I guess I will keep going with that. Snyder 24 Monahans 19.

If Snyder wins, then great - I was right.
If they lose, oh well - they are still Snyder.

mrescape43
11-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Snyder will take this game easily

DU_stud04
11-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Snyder will take this game easily

easily is saying a bit much. i think this couold be a good game, im thinking about going tomarrow.

mrescape43
11-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
easily is saying a bit much. i think this couold be a good game, im thinking about going tomarrow.

You could be right. I think it is going to be a very entertaining game.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
You could be right. I think it is going to be a very entertaining game.

I think so too, and I can't wait!

Tres Lobos
11-23-2006, 09:03 PM
LOBOES BY 7!!!! CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!! GO LOBOES!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I heard Monahans might be the team to get out of that Region...

what do you guys think???

Snyder_TigerFan
11-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I heard Monahans might be the team to get out of that Region...

what do you guys think???

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.:) Infact, I'd be willing to bet against it.:D

DukeNukem
11-23-2006, 11:00 PM
monahans maybe, s-water maybe, snyder maybe, etc. maybe. turning out to be a much more competitive region than most thought. most including myself picked s-water early on to run the table in region 1 after wylie was guaranteed to go big school last spring. whichever team makes it, will definitely have run the guantlet. i am not sure what team will advance out of this region but several factors will definitely come in to play.

1. Luck - get a lucky break/bounce here and there; all state champions have that at least one moment when the all the stars in the sky just happened to line up perfectly.
2. Least amount of mistakes - turnovers, dropped passes, penalties, etc...
3. Injuries - any team can be devastated by the loss of certain players. Example if Banyard goes down Sweetwater is done. If Day goes down Snyder is done. If Washington goes down Greenwood is done. If the fullback from Vernon goes down they are done. With that being said Monahans is already without their tailback. May be their downfall.

Good luck to all west texas teams this week!

mrescape43
11-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
monahans maybe, s-water maybe, snyder maybe, etc. maybe. turning out to be a much more competitive region than most thought. most including myself picked s-water early on to run the table in region 1 after wylie was guaranteed to go big school last spring. whichever team makes it, will definitely have run the guantlet. i am not sure what team will advance out of this region but several factors will definitely come in to play.

1. Luck - get a lucky break/bounce here and there; all state champions have that at least one moment when the all the stars in the sky just happened to line up perfectly.
3. Injuries - any team can be devastated by the loss of certain players. Example if Banyard goes down Sweetwater is done. If Day goes down Snyder is done. If Washington goes down Greenwood is done. If the fullback from Vernon goes down they are done. With that being said Monahans is already without their tailback. May be their downfall.

True enough!

Tiger Baseball
11-24-2006, 03:48 AM

Fair enough, if that is what you think. :nerd:

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.:) Infact, I'd be willing to bet against it.:D

HOMER :mad:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 05:06 AM

Injuries can hurt a team this is true. BUT, all these teams you mentioned are pretty deep in talant. Each of these teams have moved players up from JV, and guarentee there were some studs down there. All of the above mentioned players are great and deserve mentioning. But when they graduate these teams will still be successful. I don't believe that one injury brings a team down, sure it doesn't help, But these teams are talented in all areas. They can find ways to win when they aren't supposed to.

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Injuries can hurt a team this is true. BUT, all these teams you mentioned are pretty deep in talant. Each of these teams have moved players up from JV, and guarentee there were some studs down there. All of the above mentioned players are great and deserve mentioning. But when they graduate these teams will still be successful. I don't believe that one injury brings a team down, sure it doesn't help, But these teams are talented in all areas. They can find ways to win when they aren't supposed to.
Sometimes an injury to a key player or strong team leader can hurt the mentality of the team more than the physical side. I've seen it firsthand and know of other cases as well.

loboes86
11-24-2006, 10:38 AM
If ya'll are still refearing to the injured tailback we have, I don't think he will be that big a factor on our guys. He's been hurt pretty much the whole season and missed some games at the first of season due to discinplinary reasons . I think the loboes have already learned to deal with him missing. When he was playing he was playing hurt with a broken arm.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
If ya'll are still refearing to the injured tailback we have, I don't think he will be that big a factor on our guys. He's been hurt pretty much the whole season and missed some games at the first of season due to discinplinary reasons . I think the loboes have already learned to deal with him missing. When he was playing he was playing hurt with a broken arm.

At 10-1, yep, I think they've learned to deal with it. With or without this stud, Monahans is a powerhouse. And at 8-3, Snyder is still proving to be a contender. Both teams are deep in talent. And I agree that an injury can make a difference. But as talented as these teams are, I know they are good enough to overcome it. This is gonna be a slobberknocker!!!

And at the end of the day, no matter what the outcome, This will be the best 3A game of the week.

Again I won't wish you luck loboes, that would be hypocritacal. But have a safe trip to Lubbock today, and a safe trip back after the heartbreak. (on either side)

(prayer)
Lord be with each and every player, family, and fan as we all travel to show the support of the communities we love. Thank you for the oppertunities we have in this wonderful country to participate in such activities. May this day be filled with excitement and sportsmanship. Please watch over the players and protect them from injury. Remind us all of the many blessings that allow us to be here and enjoy our lives. In Jesus wonderful name, AMEN.

P.S. Lord let the Tigers come out on top!!!!!!