PDA

View Full Version : (NF) never try.....

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 01:07 AM
....to bake cookies this late. I prepared the dough earlier and let it sit in the 'fridge. Well, now it is NOT cooperating!! Sticking to the roller, no matter how much flour I use!! :foul:

I've got 2 more batches to make and just can't make it work :weeping: :weeping:

STUPID COOKIES!!

Just thought I'd share that with ya'll. :)

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
....to bake cookies this late. I prepared the dough earlier and let it sit in the 'fridge. Well, now it is NOT cooperating!! Sticking to the roller, no matter how much flour I use!! :foul:

STUPID COOKIES!!

Pics please?:)

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Pics please?:)

Only cookies I have so far are the pumpkins. :( They still need to be "frosted", but that ain't happening until "later". I've given up. I need some sleep before I tackle the dough again. LOL! :D

When they are all done & decorated I may post some pics. :nerd: :cool:

44INAROW
11-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I burned the crap out of my thumb taking the turkey out of the over about 11:00pm - I KNEW there would be alot of steam built up and when I lifted the foil - it all went towards me thumb :( I was going to make my banana pudding tonight, but I'll do that in the AM now........... Good Luck with the cookies :D

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I burned the crap out of my thumb taking the turkey out of the over about 11:00pm - I KNEW there would be alot of steam built up and when I lifted the foil - it all went towards me thumb :( I was going to make my banana pudding tonight, but I'll do that in the AM now........... Good Luck with the cookies :D

Ouch!! :( Gotta get up early and put the bird in the oven. :doh: What am I still doing up??? :( The problem is I took a nap earlier and now I can't sleep. If the pecan pie didn't take an entire hour to bake I'd do that now. *sigh* ROFL!

stangGirl2007
11-23-2006, 01:22 AM

STUPID COOKIES!!

ROLF!! I guess those "special" cookies just aren't working out for you tonight

maroogreen
11-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Put the roller and the dough both in the freezer for about 10 minutes before you roll them out. You won't have to use so much flour and your cookies won't toughen up.

stangGirl2007
11-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
Put the roller and the dough both in the freezer for about 10 minutes before you roll them out. You won't have to use so much flour and your cookies won't toughen up.

Good thinking!!:thumbsup:

piratebg
11-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Sounds like you are having a hell of Thanksgiving so far Rita. :D

stangGirl2007
11-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Sounds like you are having a hell of Thanksgiving so far Rita. :D

Yeah she is.. can't even bake her own cookies. Hope she isn't in charge of the turkey:rolleyes:

:p

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm in charge of it all. I just put the pecan pie in the oven. Gonna hold off on the cookies, but thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup:

NO COOKIES FOR SALLY!!! :mad: :p

stangGirl2007
11-23-2006, 01:57 AM
AWW.. FOOTS!!:( :p

piratebg
11-23-2006, 01:58 AM
I'm in charge of it all. I just put the pecan pie in the oven. Gonna hold off on the cookies, but thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup:

NO COOKIES FOR SALLY!!! :mad: :p

Rita.....THE COOKIE NAZI

NO COOKIE FOR YOU!!!!!!!:D

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 02:49 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/thanksgiving003.jpg

:evillol:

piratebg
11-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Doesn't look too bad, Rita. Probably looks better than your cookies though. :D

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Doesn't look too bad, Rita. Probably looks better than your cookies though. :D :eek: :eek: :eek: hush yo mouth!!! ;) :(

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Doesn't look too bad, Rita. Probably looks better than your cookies though. :D
She never showed them pics.:nerd:

Boosty_Hondo
11-23-2006, 03:35 AM
come on rita i thought u were a better cook than this

Ranger Mom
11-23-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm, sorry Rita. I couldn't get motivated last night to get busy, so I just went to bed.

Now I am furiously baking so I can meet the 1:00 chow down time deadline!

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm, sorry Rita. I couldn't get motivated last night to get busy, so I just went to bed.

Now I am furiously baking so I can meet the 1:00 chow down time deadline!

:eek: :eek: :eek: ROFLMAO!! Just walked the dogs :D Gonna get started on the bird, dressing and THEN deal with whether or not we are gonna have "fun" cookies. ;) :devil:

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
come on rita i thought u were a better cook than this :tongue: Everyone can have an "off" night!! :o Glad you are home safe!! :)

Tiger Baseball
11-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Man that pecan pie sure does look good...:crazy1: