PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News regarding the SEC

carter08
11-23-2006, 12:57 AM
My sources from the University of Alabama have just told me that the University will announce Monday if coach Mike Shula will return to coach the Tide next season.

I would like to thank my source for telling me. This news was reported to me first. Before ESPN even

CalallenWildcat
11-23-2006, 12:58 AM
You think highly of your source...

Originally Said in Gobble Gobble Chat
11:53 PM[carter08] some weird guy from Bama just IMed me

carter08
11-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
You think highly of your source...

11:53 PM [carter08] some weird guy from Bama just IMed me

That was before he gave me the Breaking News

CalallenWildcat
11-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by carter08

That was before he gave me the Breaking News [/B][/QUOTE]

excuses excuses

g$$
11-23-2006, 01:02 AM
You know what is scary? Compare Shula's record at Bama with Fran's at A&M (since Fran left Bama for A&M). Overall, in conference, against rivals, late season, etc. They are almost exactly the same.

Weird stuff. And both probably coach at their current schools 1 more year too as both are under extreme heat currently.

(Shula's buyout is about $3 million, Fran's is around $10 million though)

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:03 AM
weird is a compliment these days...

"Keep Austin Weird"

g$$
11-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I love to give 'em heck about that sticker. They will tell you it concerns local restaurants (not chains, etc.). Austin is a great city & also a weird place no doubt. If you like hippies & liberals, it is your kind of place. I enjoy visiting & then leaving personally.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, I love to give 'em heck about that sticker. They will tell you it concerns local restaurants (not chains, etc.). Austin is a great city & also a weird place no doubt. If you like hippies & liberals, it is your kind of place. I enjoy visiting & then leaving personally.

same here... lived in Austin for three months and I didn't enjoy it as much then as I did when just visiting... I like the live music and bar scene, just for a second though... then I like going home to the less crowded/bfe places...

g$$
11-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
same here... lived in Austin for three months and I didn't enjoy it as much then as I did when just visiting... I like the live music and bar scene, just for a second though... then I like going home to the less crowded/bfe places...

Same here. Love to go out, do the local bar scene, catch some live music, eat some good food, sleep it off, then get the heck out. Just not a place I want to live but lots of my family sure does!

18handicap
11-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Add to the fact that Alabama doesn't beat LSU regularly anymore either, and that doesn't help Shula's situation there. I want to know how someone from Columbia-Brazoria proper knows so much about the SEC and I don't know you? ha ha........Funny thing about the SEC is that everyone thinks that the Mississippi schools are our (LSU) biggest rival, but I think that Auburn is a bigger rival now.

LSU's biggest rivals:
1. Auburn
2. Arkansas
3. Florida
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. Mississippi State
7. Anywhere Steve Spurrier coaches.
8. Tulane

Old Tiger
11-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Alabama is lame anyway.

carter08
11-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I want to know how someone from Columbia-Brazoria proper knows so much about the SEC and I don't know you?

Because if you knew me you good end upjumpimg off abridge because you would be saddened by the fact that you couldn't be me

KL3
11-23-2006, 04:28 PM
This "breaking news" has been out since Monday. But maybe you were joking?

mac77
11-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Because if you knew me you good end upjumpimg off abridge because you would be saddened by the fact that you couldn't be me

Carter, I see you are really paying close attention in English III. Your grammar has really improved. And oh so humble!

carter08
11-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Carter, I see you are really paying close attention in English III. Your grammar has really improved. And oh so humble!

How do you know what my grammer is like.
Your class was a bunch of multiple choice questions

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 10:05 PM
How do you spell "you're", as in "you are"

a. Your
b. You're
c. Ur
d. Yur

I always got that multiple choice question wrong :(