PDA

View Full Version : tivo (nf)

awizzy
11-22-2006, 10:10 PM
i am thinkin about getting on for my dad for christmas...any1 have it and if so is it worth it

44INAROW
11-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i am thinkin about getting on for my dad for christmas...any1 have it and if so is it worth it

as far as I am concerned - worth every single penny....... we have 2 TIVO's - the older version seems to work better and is easier to navigate than the "newer" version (I've had some recording probs with it, but haven't had the time/patience to deal with tech support on it) but I think it just's a bad receiver - Right now - we have 5 screens/pages of stuff Tivo'd - it is great for folks that LOVE TV but don't have time to watch it during the week or regular hours. WE have Season Pass set on quite a few shows and it's great :)

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 10:23 PM
We have Dish Network and use their DVR, pretty much the same thing just for dish network... worth it

awizzy
11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
does it have to be connected all the time or what...i am still trying to learn

44INAROW
11-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
does it have to be connected all the time or what...i am still trying to learn

the TIVO/DVR - actually IS the receiver - you just keep it on all the time - just like your satillite receiver or the Cable TV box.... ours is on 24/7 - My husband can work it with no problem and he is NOT Techno savvy by any stretch of the imagination.. It's pretty easy to learn and use

awizzy
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
the TIVO/DVR - actually IS the receiver - you just keep it on all the time - just like your satillite receiver or the Cable TV box.... ours is on 24/7 - My husband can work it with no problem and he is NOT Techno savvy by any stretch of the imagination.. It's pretty easy to learn and use

cool i think my dad will enjoy it...thanks for ur input...u 2 gobbla

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2006, 12:06 AM
I cant even remember life before tivo..My wife has 2 soaps she loves to watch and she has them for the weekend...We have like 10 shows on season pass, plus random stuff we get to enjoy that we would never be able to see if not for Tivo