PDA

View Full Version : did you know????

DU_stud04
11-22-2006, 02:27 PM
we've all seen espn and thier "did you know???" segment. now its time for a 3adl "did you know???" ill start it off.

DID YOU KNOW........ that Penn States Original colors where NOT blue and white????

A three-member committee representing the sophomore, junior and senior classes was appointed in October of 1887 to develop color options from which the student body would select the school's official colors. DARK PINK and BLACK was the unanimous choice of the student body after considering the color combinations presented by the committee.

Soon many students and the baseball team were sporting pink and black striped blazers and caps. However, problems arose when the pink faded to white after several weeks of exposure to the sun. The students then opted for blue, rather than black, and white. The official announcement of the new choice was made on March 18, 1890.

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:35 PM
interesting.....

i'm just surprised that pink was picked for male athletic teams...but hey, i'm not complaining, i like pink!

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
we've all seen espn and thier "did you know???" segment. now its time for a 3adl "did you know???" ill start it off.

here I thought this was gonna be downlow trivia. :(

Like DID YOU KNOW that FOOTS came about in the chat and SALLY was also born there and don't ever ask Ranger Mom about .... welll, let's just stop here. :D

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
lol...and memory boy...:D

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by gobble_up03
lol...and memory boy...:D well, the only one to forget "memory boy" is "memory boy" :devil:

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
haha, by the way i love your turkey...he's so cute!

DU_stud04
11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
here I thought this was gonna be downlow trivia. :(

it can be, but i like sports did you knows better.... and stuff that most people wouldnt know.........

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
well you accomplished that...i didn't know Penn State had pink and black as their colors... good job :thumbsup:

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
it can be, but i like sports did you knows better.... and stuff that most people wouldnt know......... Actually, it's probably safer using sports trivia!!! :eek: :eek: :D