PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better athlete in D1 3a than Gary Edwards?

gibby
11-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok, knock me down. I asked for it.

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 01:39 PM
some of the ones that you could make an argument for lost last Friday! :(

injuredinmelee
11-22-2006, 01:39 PM
probably so. There may not be many as fast or shifty however.

gibby
11-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
some of the ones that you could make an argument for lost last Friday! :(

Ok, is there any left? Can you remember last year's Canyon game? It was mostly goverened by Canyon's short passes. Then
Gary took control. This was probably the most exciting game I have ever seen. I seen a few.
This year will be a completly differant game. Two great QBs one goal. Man this should be great

I guage an athete by their Basketball play. I have always believed that some of the best athletes are round ballers. Another critera is track. Ok obvious. Lastly, GUTS. Gary's got'm, no argument. Yea I'm a homer for 20 sumpin years.

sweetwater07
11-22-2006, 01:57 PM
as far as foot speed and movement with the ball i would say no..this guy can move, juke, and spin like when i run with Peterson in NCAA...lol..but seriously..Edwards is amazing

STANG RED
11-22-2006, 02:08 PM
The only thing Gary lacks is size and power. Of course if he had any of that, he probably wouldnt be nearly as quick. The kid is an amazing athlete!

sweetwater07
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The only thing Gary lacks is size and power. Of course if he had any of that, he probably wouldnt be nearly as quick. The kid is an amazing athlete!

hadn't seen you around in a bit...you going to Aledo on Saturday??

gibby
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
as far as foot speed and movement with the ball i would say no..this guy can move, juke, and spin like when i run with Peterson in NCAA...lol..but seriously..Edwards is amazing

BTW. Bring it home Stanger. You have lots of rooters 40 miles east, ya got guts and class.

Kinky can kick Hillary's butt.

can i say that?

Wait a minute. Kinky can kick Bill's butt and Hillary can kick Bill's butt, so it may be a tight throw down.

Peace

sweetwater07
11-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by gibby
BTW. Bring it home Stanger. You have lots of rooters 40 miles east, ya got guts and class.

Kinky can kick Hillary's butt.

can i say that?

Wait a minute. Kinky can kick Bill's butt and Hillary can kick Bill's butt, so it may be a tight tough down.

Peace

well thanks for the support..but the f-ball players would enjoy hearing that more.....they are pumped for Saturday and i hope Wylie rolls Canyon...would love to see another Bulldog state championship

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I would say that unless someone has seen every 3a player in D1, then it's impossible to answer this homer question. :D

gibby
11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would say that unless someone has seen every 3a player in D1, then it's impossible to answer this homer question. :D
Can't go to every game, but can see who is still standing.

Peace

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Can't go to every game, but can see who is still standing.

Peace

You can't see everybody that is still playing...just ask G2...he tries! ;)

howboutthat
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
well thanks for the support..but the f-ball players would enjoy hearing that more.....they are pumped for Saturday and i hope Wylie rolls Canyon...would love to see another Bulldog state championship

I'd love to see two District 7 3A state champs.

gibby
11-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You can't see everybody that is still playing...just ask G2...he tries! ;)

Can see teams left and stats. Gotta stick.
Damn, getting in argument wil someone that agrees. Is there nothing left. Ower cheerleaders are cuttier.

Kinky for chearleader.

nexfan
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Since this is a homer thread I have to put my two cents in. Jared Flannel from Columbia gets my vote. He was on varsity all 4 years in football, basketball, baseball and track! When he was a freshman he rushed for over 1000 yards, saw him dunk on somebody in a basketball game, he played centerfield and went yard, and he was on the relay team. Thats just as a 15 year old! This was when we were 4A as well. Last week he rushed for 277 and had 2 td's against a talented Bellville team on a fractured foot. He has over 4000 yards in his career. Comes from a great family and he is a hell of a kid. Has offers from Arizona, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Utep, Houston, Duke, Vanderbilt, and the list continues.

sweetwater07
11-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Since this is a homer thread I have to put my two cents in. Jared Flannel from Columbia gets my vote. He was on varsity all 4 years in football, basketball, baseball and track! When he was a freshman he rushed for over 1000 yards, saw him dunk on somebody in a basketball game, he played centerfield and went yard, and he was on the relay team. Thats just as a 15 year old! This was when we were 4A as well. Last week he rushed for 277 and had 2 td's against a talented Bellville team on a fractured foot. He has over 4000 yards in his career. Comes from a great family and he is a hell of a kid. Has offers from Arizona, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Utep, Houston, Duke, Vanderbilt, and the list continues.

thats nice...but does he have a state championship ring from his sophmore year??...Gary Edwards does.....

nexfan
11-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Does that make Gary a better athlete? We'll never know the answer. Maybe Flannel can get one his senior year. It would be much more special!!

gibby
11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by nexfan

Now that's what I am looking for. This sounds like a great athlete. What else do we come to watch. High school is still the purest form of the game. Yeah, I know they are looking for scholarships, but there is still and innocense. Don't know much about Columbia's record. Please post it. I know Bellville was a comer though.

Peace
Kinky for postmaster.

STANG RED
11-22-2006, 03:50 PM
hadn't seen you around in a bit...you going to Aledo on Saturday??

Better believe it!
A bunch of us are getting together at "Bakers Rib" in Weatherford at 11 to have a little BBQ before the game. It's right on I-20, across from WalMart. Stop in and have a bite with us.

mrescape43
11-22-2006, 03:57 PM
thats nice...but does he have a state championship ring from his sophmore year??...Gary Edwards does.....

This in itself doesn't make Gary Edwards a better athlete. It only proves he was on a better team.

mrescape43
11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
If you are talking all-round athlete you have to include Lance Day from Snyder in this conversation. Starting linebacker as freshman on Snyders semi-final team. Starting pitcher on Tigers. Lance broke his arm in football season or he would have had better stats in 05. He was one of the top 3A pitchers in the state as a sophomore with a fastball surpassing 90.