PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have been to a UT game in Austin

Phil C
11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a parking permit also thanks to my 3A downlow friends. Those who are experienced what time should I get there since game time is at 11 A.M. I plan to hit the road from Sinton by at least 6:30 A.M. and should make Austin by 9:30 A.M. and we plan to go straight to the stadium.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:17 PM
ive never been to one but i would say get there early so u cna get a good spot and get to your seat in time so u dont have to crawl over the crowd

Stats
11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
What lot is the permit for?

g$$
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Earlier the better, even with a permit. Soak in the gameday atmosphere too as much as you can. I have been to many games at DKR & parking is never easy.

EARLIER the better, my advice.

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 12:23 PM
it's a tan/brown parking permit...it gives him access to 4 or 5 lots pretty close to the stadium. I don't remember which ones off hand...

injuredinmelee
11-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Since you have a parking pass use it. The roads will be packed with pedestrians but I would venture a guess that your parking in a state garage. Use it. IF not then I can tell you where a park and ride is that is great. Drops you off two blocks from the stadium, but your on the other side of the stadium from the tailgating experience. Go to Bevo Alley and jsut follow the crowds to the best tailgate spots. It is a great atmosphere and you will not regret it. You will be doing alot of walking parking in a state garage however.

I hope you have a blast Phil. God Bless you and yall have a safe trip. I am not sure if I am going to go. I really want to go to the Wylie game in Lubbock the next day and I am too old to try and do both. If I decide tomorrow to go I will pm and get your cell number and I would be happy to be yalls tour guide if I make it.

CalallenWildcat
11-22-2006, 12:32 PM
One of the best parking lots (if your permit gets you in there) is at LBJ library.

Make sure you soak in the experience. Get to your seat at least 20 minutes before game time so you can watch the Showband of the Southwest perform. And then, at halftime, they perform again. They always do a great job. You are also fortunate enough to get to see the Aggie Band. Pay attention to their formations...they are awesome!

What section are your tix in?

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
One of the best parking lots (if your permit gets you in there) is at LBJ library.

Make sure you soak in the experience. Get to your seat at least 20 minutes before game time so you can watch the Showband of the Southwest perform. And then, at halftime, they perform again. They always do a great job. You are also fortunate enough to get to see the Aggie Band. Pay attention to their formations...they are awesome!

What section are your tix in?
He is in Section 1...Row 60 something

Phil C
11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone. We plan to be at the stadium by 9:30 A.M.

CalallenWildcat
11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He is in Section 1...Row 60 something

Not bad seats. Certainly better than our 108s when we go. Have fun Phil! Hook 'em!

g$$
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Have fun Phil & be safe.

Don't forget to wear MAROON! Just kidding, have a great time & enjoy every minute of it.

Bandera YaYa
11-22-2006, 01:06 PM
What an awesome trip for you!! Have fun and wave when you get on camera!!! :D

injuredinmelee
11-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Hook em Horns PHIL!!!

olddawggreen
11-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Have a great time Phil and let us know all about it when you get home. Say hello to Shipley and McGee for me!;) :D Be safe;)

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
9:30 sounds like a good time Phil...my bf and i usually get to the stadium an hour to an hour and a half early. but mostly we do it because we sit in the student section, so we find our own seats (even though we have assigned ones, no one really sits in their designated seats). i'll be cheering on the horns from sec. 25!

Hook em Horns!

Phil C
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks again everyone. If anyone can make it and if it is possible say hi to me but I realize this is a longshot with 85,000 plus people. I am in Section one Row 68 Seat 14 with my son in Seat 13. I enter through gate 2. After some analysis and advice from others I think I have the parking and everything figured out. Luckily I have been there before and am somewhat familiar with the area.

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thanks again everyone. If anyone can make it and if it is possible say hi to me but I realize this is a longshot with 85,000 plus people. I am in Section one Row 68 Seat 14 with my son in Seat 13. I enter through gate 2. After some analysis and advice from others I think I have the parking and everything figured out. Luckily I have been there before and am somewhat familiar with the area.
Are you going to be wearing your black Spurs cap so they can recognize you....just in case? :) And have a great time!

HOOK 'EM!

(It pains me to say that....)