PDA

View Full Version : For those interested in the XBOX 360...

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 10:49 AM
While there was a lot of hype surrounding the launching of the Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3, if you missed out, there might be a better alternative.

Dell.com is currently offering the Xbox 360 Premium (Hard-Drive Included) Console for $340, $60 off its retail price! You must add the Xbox 360 Premium to your cart to see the discount!

This is the prime time to purchase an Xbox 360 because the year-long anticipated Xbox 360 game was just released earlier this month, Gears of War, which received a 9.4/10 rating from IGN.com. Not only this, but Dell is giving you an $8.85 (15% Off) Discount if you purchase Gears of War with the Xbox 360 Premium.

Considering the limited ability of both the Wii and PlayStation 3, along with their lack of games and initial console revisions being susceptible to major bugs and glitches, the Xbox 360 may very well be the best gaming choice for this holiday season.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
While there was a lot of hype surrounding the launching of the Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3, if you missed out, there might be a better alternative.

Dell.com is currently offering the Xbox 360 Premium (Hard-Drive Included) Console for $340, $60 off its retail price! You must add the Xbox 360 Premium to your cart to see the discount!

This is the prime time to purchase an Xbox 360 because the year-long anticipated Xbox 360 game was just released earlier this month, Gears of War, which received a 9.4/10 rating from IGN.com. Not only this, but Dell is giving you an $8.85 (15% Off) Discount if you purchase Gears of War with the Xbox 360 Premium.

Considering the limited ability of both the Wii and PlayStation 3, along with their lack of games and initial console revisions being susceptible to major bugs and glitches, the Xbox 360 may very well be the best gaming choice for this holiday season.

Cool . . . but I already have one.

football4life
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
freakin want one

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
awesome i should tell my mom this cause i think i might be gettign one for christmas

spiveyrat
11-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Considering the limited ability of both the Wii and PlayStation 3,

Limited ability of the PlayStation 3? What are you talking about?

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Limited ability of the PlayStation 3? What are you talking about?

It is a shortage

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
It is a shortage
that's spivey sarcasm again!!! :mad: ;)

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:21 AM
that's spivey sarcasm again!!! :mad: ;)

lol sarcasm is alwyas good

spiveyrat
11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
No, not this time. Besides game availability and possible initial bugs, how is the 360 better than PS3?

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
No, not this time. Besides game availability and possible initial bugs, how is the 360 better than PS3?

it jsut is cause microsoft is better lol

carter08
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
i want a wii

Blastoderm55
11-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Isn't Amazon selling 1000 X-Box 360s tomorrow for 100 bucks a pop?

3afan
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
game nerds :nerd:

:D

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
game nerds :nerd:

:D

maybe but im sure i can hack ur computer lol

99IHSMustang
11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
maybe but im sure i can hack ur computer lol

Yeah cause he has computer hacking skills!

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

from what I can read it starts at 1AM CST if the XBOX 360 received the most votes. I'm gonna have to be online for this one...

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

wow i need ot be on for this on ehopefully i cna get one

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 11:35 AM
from what I can read it starts at 1AM CST if the XBOX 360 received the most votes. I'm gonna have to be online for this one...
correction...they announce today at 1PM CST which item will go up for sale and then starting tmrw at 1PM CST you can purchase the item.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 11:48 AM
were did u get this info cause this is crazy

Emerson1
11-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Dell did this sale awhile back to.

The amazon thing is new, I have to try and find wi-fi where I am going to be. Hopefully the McDonalds is open because I know they have it.

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/103-9718896-8149459

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
wow that is so aweosme too bad its onyl the core system

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
wow that is so aweosme too bad its onyl the core system

Consider that the hard drive add-on is only $80 or $90 and you're still saving 50% and all you're not getting is the wireless controller.

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Read this info...

Please post a reply in this thread..anything, in order to keep it towards the top of the forum list so that others can find and view this info easily. Thanks.

Meant to title this "Non-Offical...."
Facts:
1) The Xbox 360 has won the vote and that fact will be announced 11/22 @ 11am PST.

2) The price will be $100 & there will only be 1,000 of them.

3) Shipping cost...looks like it qualifies for Free Super Saver shipping.

4) The sale will start at 11/23/06 Thanksgiving Day:
11:00 am Pacific Standard Time (CA, OR, WA etc)
12:00 noon Mountain Time (CO, UT, WY etc)
1:00 pm Central Time (TX, OK, IL etc)
2:00 pm Eastern Time (NY, FL, GA etc)
see map of time zones here...

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-us12.html

5) Look at the "Buying Tips" section for detailed info regarding how to purchase this deal. The link is located under the pictures of the 4 items up for vote and in the "How This Works" area. Or copy and paste the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.html//ref=cu_vo_hp_htw_htb/104-1765172-3750323?ie=UTF8&id=cv%2Fbuyingtips

6) Having a fast internet connection and a lot of luck will be your best allies. Dial-up users will have a very tough time getting one of these before they sell out.

7) They will sell out very, very fast.

8) This deal has been reported on via news stations, news websites, many forums, even on several cable tv shows. Many, many people know about this.

9) Only a small fraction of these people are posting here on this forum

10) You can not add the 360 to your cart and then come back on 11am pst Thursday morning and purchase it from there at the $100 price.

11) You have to purchase this deal from the main vote page where you currently see the 4 items up for vote. The winning item will be made available for purchase at the correct time on this page.

12) Once it's up for sale you will click on the "Get This Deal" button then it will take you to a screen where you will be asked a simple question that you must answer. This is for security reasons so that bots (automatic buying software) can not be used by cheaters. It might be a simple question like re-entering a series of displayed numbers and letters into a box.

13) Once you answer the question you will be given a purcase code, IF there are any of the 1,000 360's left. Once you have that purchase code you can relax. You will have until the next day, Friday 11am pst to use this code to purchase the system. Again...once you have this code then your 360 is reserved for you and you can relax and purchase it anytime before 11 am pst the next day.

14)This is the core system. No hard drive, extra controller and such. But buying these items will still keep your overall price below that of a premium Xbox 360 system. Good deal.

15) This will only be shipped to US residents as far as I can tell.

16) You DO NOT need to sync your time over and over and over and over again. If you need to sync your computer time with Amazon's time then fine. But to do it days before the sale and to do it over and over again is silly. Just prior to the sale, log on and sync your time if you need to. Then be on the correct page and hit refresh right around 11am PST until you see the item come up for sale. Simple.

17) Reality check: Don't go into this expecting to get one because more than likely you won't. Too many people will be trying to score one of these and the odds are not good. I'm not saying don't try...just be prepared.

18) There are people on these forums giving false information. They think they will increase their chances if they can limit the number of people who know about this or don't know the proceedures. Again...there are so many people who already know about this deal that these attempts will not make any sizeable difference in their odds.

19) If you don't get one it's not the end of the world. At this very second there are millions who wish they had something to eat.

20) Once you get your code then you can buy your 360 but DO NOT use the 1-Click buying system. If you do you will not be directed to your Place Order page as you check out, and you will be unable to confirm that the promotion has been attached to your order.

21) The page you need to be at when the item goes up for sale is...

www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/104-1765172-3750323

22) No more than one of each offer can be redeemed per household, per customer, per credit card, or per shipping address.

23) You can NOT buy the item now and then expect to get a refund for the difference. This will not work.

24) Each Amazon Customers Vote promotional offer claim code can be used only once.

25) Offers are eligible for Amazon Prime

26) Amazon.com cannot be responsible for unforeseeable mechanical failures of our computer hardware or software that may occur during the ordering process.

27) Terms of Conditions (read these!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.html//ref=cu_vo_hp_ln_fp/102-1101732-9814556?ie=UTF8&id=cv%2Ffineprint

Why I did this: It's the right thing to do given all the false information being handed out in these forums. Good luck everyone.

Please post a reply in this thread..anything, in order to keep it towards the top of the forum list so that others can find and view this info easily. Thanks.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Consider that the hard drive add-on is only $80 or $90 and you're still saving 50% and all you're not getting is the wireless controller.

ya thats true but eh you could also always turn around and sell it on ebay and get some profit off of it

Adidas410s
11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
ya thats true but eh you could also always turn around and sell it on ebay and get some profit off of it
yeah...either way you'll make about $200 on eBay whether or not you buy the hard drive.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
yup thats what im sayin then u could buy a premium for a 100 bucks more lol dang im smart

Emerson1
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
I need to work on my refreshing skills.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:24 PM
i wish i had high speed internet at my house back home cause i would do this but scince i dont then might as well not even try casue her eis no way ill get one

Emerson1
11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
You would have to time it exactly right.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 12:26 PM
ya but most likley impossible

jlwzz
11-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Read this info...

Meant to title this "Non-Offical...."
Facts:
1) The Xbox 360 has won the vote and that fact will be announced 11/22 @ 11am PST.

2) The price will be $100 & there will only be 1,000 of them.

3) Shipping cost...looks like it qualifies for Free Super Saver shipping.

4) The sale will start at 11/23/06 Thanksgiving Day:
11:00 am Pacific Standard Time (CA, OR, WA etc)
12:00 noon Mountain Time (CO, UT, WY etc)
1:00 pm Central Time (TX, OK, IL etc)
2:00 pm Eastern Time (NY, FL, GA etc)
see map of time zones here...

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-us12.html

5) Look at the "Buying Tips" section for detailed info regarding how to purchase this deal. The link is located under the pictures of the 4 items up for vote and in the "How This Works" area. Or copy and paste the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.html//ref=cu_vo_hp_htw_htb/104-1765172-3750323?ie=UTF8&id=cv%2Fbuyingtips

6) Having a fast internet connection and a lot of luck will be your best allies. Dial-up users will have a very tough time getting one of these before they sell out.

7) They will sell out very, very fast.

8) This deal has been reported on via news stations, news websites, many forums, even on several cable tv shows. Many, many people know about this.

9) Only a small fraction of these people are posting here on this forum

10) You can not add the 360 to your cart and then come back on 11am pst Thursday morning and purchase it from there at the $100 price.

11) You have to purchase this deal from the main vote page where you currently see the 4 items up for vote. The winning item will be made available for purchase at the correct time on this page.

12) Once it's up for sale you will click on the "Get This Deal" button then it will take you to a screen where you will be asked a simple question that you must answer. This is for security reasons so that bots (automatic buying software) can not be used by cheaters. It might be a simple question like re-entering a series of displayed numbers and letters into a box.

13) Once you answer the question you will be given a purcase code, IF there are any of the 1,000 360's left. Once you have that purchase code you can relax. You will have until the next day, Friday 11am pst to use this code to purchase the system. Again...once you have this code then your 360 is reserved for you and you can relax and purchase it anytime before 11 am pst the next day.

14)This is the core system. No hard drive, extra controller and such. But buying these items will still keep your overall price below that of a premium Xbox 360 system. Good deal.

15) This will only be shipped to US residents as far as I can tell.

16) You DO NOT need to sync your time over and over and over and over again. If you need to sync your computer time with Amazon's time then fine. But to do it days before the sale and to do it over and over again is silly. Just prior to the sale, log on and sync your time if you need to. Then be on the correct page and hit refresh right around 11am PST until you see the item come up for sale. Simple.

17) Reality check: Don't go into this expecting to get one because more than likely you won't. Too many people will be trying to score one of these and the odds are not good. I'm not saying don't try...just be prepared.

18) There are people on these forums giving false information. They think they will increase their chances if they can limit the number of people who know about this or don't know the proceedures. Again...there are so many people who already know about this deal that these attempts will not make any sizeable difference in their odds.

19) If you don't get one it's not the end of the world. At this very second there are millions who wish they had something to eat.

20) Once you get your code then you can buy your 360 but DO NOT use the 1-Click buying system. If you do you will not be directed to your Place Order page as you check out, and you will be unable to confirm that the promotion has been attached to your order.

21) The page you need to be at when the item goes up for sale is...

www.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/104-1765172-3750323

22) No more than one of each offer can be redeemed per household, per customer, per credit card, or per shipping address.

23) You can NOT buy the item now and then expect to get a refund for the difference. This will not work.

24) Each Amazon Customers Vote promotional offer claim code can be used only once.

25) Offers are eligible for Amazon Prime

26) Amazon.com cannot be responsible for unforeseeable mechanical failures of our computer hardware or software that may occur during the ordering process.

27) Terms of Conditions (read these!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.html//ref=cu_vo_hp_ln_fp/102-1101732-9814556?ie=UTF8&id=cv%2Ffineprint

Why I did this: It's the right thing to do given all the false information being handed out in these forums. Good luck everyone.

Please post a reply in this thread..anything, in order to keep it towards the top of the forum list so that others can find and view this info easily. Thanks. :cool:

Emerson1
11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I tried, but like most people it wouldn't even refresh for me.

Fal44
11-26-2006, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adidas410s

Can you give me a link to this please...