PDA

View Full Version : r u tired of hear about the FOOTBALL team only? what about the band and drill teams?

b-townhottie06
10-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Im personally sick of people thinking that FOOTBALL is the only thing going on. The band plays and the cheerleards cheer and the drill teams dance! why can anyone recognize us for once? im personally sick or people thinking just b/c they ploay football they are all that..YEAH burnet has an AWESOME. DOnt get me wrong. Im proud of our guys but why cant people recognise the other people at games to?

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Dude, I don't think coming on to a football message board is gunna help you out any... But you sure are a tough one...

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Gee, I'm sorry!! I was under the impression that this IS a football site!!

3afan2K3
10-01-2003, 09:12 PM
IMO Cheerleaders are annoying

gobbla I think it is a dudet

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 09:13 PM
This is the first line on the Home Page of this site:

Entering its fourth season, providing full coverage of Class 3A High School Football in Texas.

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 09:14 PM
I cannot stop laughing at these two posts...

OMG

b-townhottie06
10-01-2003, 09:15 PM
I know this is a football web page...Im on here normally talking about football. but if you think about it...do they have a band page? a cheerleading page? and drill team page? i dont see much fair treatment. BUT I DO LOVE FOOTBALL but i do believe other things should be recognized for their achievments!

marlin fan
10-01-2003, 09:15 PM
well as a band member my self i under stand what you are saying, but this is a football website so all they are going to talk about is football so get over it!!!!!
Ps. yall were really good last week at half time :)

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Ozzy
10-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Apparently grammar and spelling are not important if you are a Burnet Band "hottie"

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I don't mind band people on here, band folks are cool...

But we're not gunna talk band on here...

Now, you can do what we did for this site... We thought 'hey, there aren't any 3A football message boards on here, we'll make one...'

Well, there aren't any 3A band webpages out there, so make one...

3afan2K3
10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
b-townhottie06:
I know this is a football web page...Im on here normally talking about football. but if you think about it...do they have a band page? a cheerleading page? and drill team page? i dont see much fair treatment. BUT I DO LOVE FOOTBALL but i do believe other things should be recognized for their achievments!You have made 0 post about football
1 r u tired of hear about the FOOTBALL team only? what about the band and drill teams?
2 r u tired of hear about the FOOTBALL team only? what about the band and drill teams?
3 Burnets Football team is #1
4 Burnets Football team is #1
5 BURNET BULLDOG BAND
6 If Burnet was 4A
i thought^^^^this one was but this is wat it said

I THINK PEOPLE ARE JUST JEALOUS OF OUR FOOTBALL TEAM B/C WE ACTAULLY WIN. I THINK THE PEOPLE TALKING SMACK ABOUT BURNET ARE PROBABLY PEOPLE WE BEAT BADLY! (oh and my friend says yall are also jealous of her!)

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Jacket2000
10-01-2003, 09:19 PM
No, we dont have a band board, cheerleader board, drill team board, color guard board, chess team board, golf board, or water polo board.There's a reason for it, too. Wanna know why?
J2K

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Ha, just what I needed...

I've never laughed so much over something on the internet...

God bless the downlow...

3afan2K3
10-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Because football rules all?

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

b-townhottie06
10-01-2003, 09:21 PM
HEY Thanks about the half time compliment. i think we could have been better though. we stil lhave more but oh well..we aren't that WONDEFUL but we are pretty good! ANYWAYS. i was just saying...SORRY. and i know this is a football webpage i was just MAKING A STATEMENT. NO BIG DEAL!

Jacket2000
3afan2K3:
Because football rules all?I was gonna say b/c no one gives a damn, but I'll go with that.
J2K

Ranger Mom
Hey Jacket -- what about an Underwater basket weaving board?? :D

Gobbla2001
10-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Jacket2000:

3afan2K3:
Because football rules all?I was gonna say b/c no one gives a damn, but I'll go with that.
J2KEyes are starting to water...

marlin fan
10-01-2003, 09:24 PM
sorry wrong topic

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Ranger Mom
Personally, I am grateful to the "band hottie" for posting this. I was going through the threads and couldn't find anything to respond to, until this thread(s) popped up!! :p :p

3afan2K3
Jacket2000:

3afan2K3:
J2KHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

marlin fan
10-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Hey Ranger Mom what have you been up to???

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 09:30 PM
marlin fan:
Hey Ranger Mom what have you been up to???Not much, just haven't had alot of free time lately. Trying to get caught up at work, my bosses are leaving to Hawaii on Wednesday, so I need to get caught up now so I will have 2 weeks of doing NOTHING!!!!

espn1
10-01-2003, 09:30 PM
3afan2K3:

gobbla I think it is a dudetDon't worry when you get a little older you will like them.

marlin fan
10-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey guess what i passed the first six weeks ranger mom so i get to march at the games on friday nights LMAO

3afan2K3
10-01-2003, 09:36 PM
espn1:

3afan2K3:

gobbla I think it is a dudetDon't worry when you get a little older you will like them.I dont mind the cheerleaders its just them yelling :D

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 09:38 PM
marlin fan:
Hey guess what i passed the first six weeks ranger mom so i get to march at the games on friday nights LMAOGood for you!! I was kinda worried about you when you were on here posting instead of studying!! MARCH ON!!!!!

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 09:40 PM
3afan2K3:

espn1:

3afan2K3:

gobbla I think it is a dudetDon't worry when you get a little older you will like them.I dont mind the cheerleaders its just them yelling :D You would absolutely HATE to sit beside me at a game then, I make them cheerleaders look like "quiet little church mice"!! :D

b-townhottie06
10-01-2003, 09:44 PM
hey CONGRATS on passing the first 6 weeks. i actually made the ab honor roll for this 6 weeks. i haven't dont that since i was an 8th grader!

Good Job on yall show at the marlin game!

CHS_CG
10-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Could a football team go with out having band cheerleaders drill team and color guards there one Friday night? Im sorry those groups (at least in my school) they are the ones that cheer the loudest and yell and support our boys! And we have alot of Band colorguard drill team and cheerleading parents in the stands too. Football is very active I understand , but that lil thing the band does durning half time where we march, its called getting ready for a CONTEST. You know where band compete for a divison one(Which my soph. year our band got straight ones) I understand where they are coming from saying this is a football forum but guess what, I have had many football players say they love to hear us yelling in the stands for them. So if yall cant understand where we are coming from then shut it!

Ranger Mom
10-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Greenwood and Ballinger got rained out on their Friday night game (first game of the year), so we had to make it up the next day. Neither team had their bands or cheerleaders there that next day. It didn't even feel like a football game!!

CowboyFan
10-01-2003, 10:48 PM
When Victoria Memorial and San Antonio Clark(both 5a) played clark didn't bring the band,drill team, or the cheerleaders to save money, they won, but it didn't feel right you had 5,000 on our side with 200 or 300 on theres...

HornetMom
10-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Ranger Mom:
Greenwood and Ballinger got rained out on their Friday night game (first game of the year), so we had to make it up the next day. Neither team had their bands or cheerleaders there that next day. It didn't even feel like a football game!!That's sad. I believe our band director would do everything in his power to go with our team. Unless it was contest day. Football games without a band just isn't the same.

3afan2K3
10-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Last Year Forney had a gamed rained out against Ferris and we played the next day with no cheerleaders or band...BEST GAME EVER!!!!

3afan
10-02-2003, 07:39 AM
i remember that but u sure it was LAST year ???

3afan2K3
10-02-2003, 07:50 AM
Yes it was last year

Jacket2000
10-02-2003, 08:46 AM
At the school I coach at, we keep our bench on the opposite of the field from the cheerleaders, etc...it's great! Plus, the parents cant scream at us when we dont play their kid thataway too.
J2K

exbccards76'smom
10-02-2003, 09:01 AM
The reason there is no band board or such is that it's all about the Benjamins. Football revenues help out the school districts. I am not dissing the band programs out there. Being a ex band nerd myself, I love a good corp style band. But football is the number one moneymaker at most high schools.

Burnet '94
10-02-2003, 10:27 AM
I gonna go Wooderson at next Burnet game and look for this so called "hottie."

"That's one thing I like about them high school girls...I get older, but they stay the same age."

Cameronbystander
10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Personally, I hate halftime. The cheerleaders never know what is going on on the field and the band is practicing for marching contest not there to watch the game.
My suggestion would be that anyone that starts a thread relating to band, cheerleading, or flags should be ROM'ed.

IN THE WORDS OF THAT FAMOUS POSTER: "just my take"

BurnetBandRules
10-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Cameronbystander: You should be ROM'ed for the poor spirit and if you were at our school and said or even implied something like that, you wouldn't even be allowed on the premises. I have never seen such poor spirit in ANYONE about the extracurricular activites that occur along with the extracurricular activity of FOOTBALL! They are all something that is vollunteered for, that is signed up for, that is chosen by the student! What says that one is better than the other? You are a sad discrace to the 3AAA extracurricular activites of the state and I feel bad for the school that you participate (if at all, and scared if you do) in and hope that you will develop a personality.......from what I have read, doesn't look likely....

booger1
10-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Burnet '94:
I gonna go Wooderson at next Burnet game and look for this so called "hottie."

"That's one thing I like about them high school girls...I get older, but they stay the same age."Dazed and Confused! Great Texas High school movie! :cool:

booger1
10-02-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm tired of all these band, cheerleader, and other friday night non-footballers whining about how they do not get the support they deserve! Knowing everybody is there to watch the FOOTBALL game, that is why they call it a FOOTBALL game, b/c people want to see FOOTBALL. If they wanted to see just the band play or cheerleaders cheer, go to their COMPETITIONS, not the FOOTBALL game! Besides, doesn't everybody clap for the band when they get through marching? Does everbody repeat those little yells the cheerleaders do? I believe so! I guess if ya'll do not like what takes place there, then either don't go, or play FOOTBALL!

CHS_CG
10-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Umm nobody is whinning soo hush! And for the comment about the band isnt there to watch football, Ill just say that the band and cheerleaders and flags dont just got for nothing we go to support our boys that are playing! We could not go if we wanted to but we go. Now the thing I dont see alot is Football players going to see us compete. It doesnt bother me but we DO support the guys we ARE NOT just there to practice for contest!

Backwoods
10-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Booger, you've got to take a deeper look at this son. Then you can see what there is to see. Once you've seen what there is to be seen then you will know you are seeing it as it should be seen. Then you can see and be seen. If you see this then GO EAGLES. :rolleyes:

Backwoods
10-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Booger, you've got to take a deeper look at this son. Then you can see what there is to see. Once you've seen what there is to be seen then you will know you are seeing it as it should be seen. Then you can see and be seen. If you see this then GO EAGLES. :rolleyes:

eye of the tiger
10-02-2003, 10:40 PM
b-townhottie for the next three months or so, this board is pretty much football. After the first of the year we talk about other things until football comes around again. Might be a better time to talk band, and it is right before ATSSB. I know October is a big month for band competitions and I do wish you well.

eye of the tiger
10-02-2003, 10:41 PM
b-townhottie for the next three months or so, this board is pretty much football. After the first of the year we talk about other things until football comes around again. Might be a better time to talk band, and it is right before ATSSB. I know October is a big month for band competitions and I do wish you well.

CHS_Drummer04
10-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Booger, I don't know where you come from, but where I come from, if the cheerleaders get a response from the crowd, they are floored and if the band gets an applause after their performance, we are shocked. And another thing to the others, when the football teams play the game, that is their perfomance. They perform every friday night like the band does. The band supports them on their performance, why can't the football team support the band every now and then when we perform? And I know this is a football website and we talk about the games. Hello...who is also at the games? Show some respect, bands give it to the players, when will the band get some back in return?