PDA

View Full Version : District 21-3A

aDpT51
09-16-2003, 10:54 PM
How do you think the teams will fare after seeing what you have seen so far this year?

hardinplaya
09-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Although I hate to say this, I do believe Anahuac is the heavy favorite by far as of now. Bridge City is not the top dog this year, but I do believe they will finish up second. The third spot will probably be a "who else wants to come along spot" due to several mediocre programs rebiulding. I am thinking either H-F or Orangefield.

Good Luck to all teams in Week 3.

exbccards76'smom
09-17-2003, 05:45 AM
I have to agree with ya' there. We play Anahuac at home this year. It's gonna be a ole fashion slobberknocker this year.

RBARKER
09-17-2003, 07:42 AM
From the outside looking in I still believe BC is the team to beat, they showed a bunch af improvement and impressed me in the Liberty game. BC will keep improving. They don't meet Anahuac till the last game and should be primed and ready to go. I see it like this.

1.) Bridge City
2.) Anahuac
3.) HJ,HF or Orangefield---Who Knows eek!

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-17-2003, 08:23 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth RBARKER.

trojandad
09-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I don't know, RBarker, I'm thinking that Anahuac showed more against you guys than BC showed against Liberty, but maybe that's because I haven't bought into the Liberty dominance yet. I'm in the minority that still believes the Hill is the stronger team, so Anahuac's showing would be stronger if that is so.

So I've got Anahuac, then BC, then HF.

<small>[ September 17, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

RBARKER
09-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Trojandad the only reason I think so is because I think both Anahuac and Liberty started the year in mid season form, while BH ,BC & Coldsprings have more room for improvment. Once these teams hit their stride they will be hard to beat.

Old Cardinal
09-17-2003, 11:21 AM
To RBARKER: I agree with you, BC cannot beat Anahuac by 28-0 like last year, but Champions die hard and it will be a much closer game, with BC pulling it out. If Raymond, gets hobbled before they play, it would drop Anahuac to third, or worst.... To TrojanDad, how do you know so much about the BC/Liberty game, were you there?... I saw a Liberty team with every thing going for them-- except team speed(and individual speed for that matter), they don't have that team quickness that wins the big games. BC had the better speed and the skill; but mistakes made by novice players was their downfall. I just wonder if the "miracle play" had not happened an BC had won 29-25, if that would have changed peoples outlook on the contest?

trojandad
09-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Dang, Old Card, one response and venom. Geez.

I only said "I'm thinking", never held myself out to be the expert of the world, just an opinion. Same as you do when you put in on teams you haven't seen. Lighten up.

I agree with you, though, Liberty's shortcoming is speed, they are as tough as anyone. I believe that's why BC kept it so close. I actually picked BC in that game just because I've seen how much speed has hurt them against us the last two years.

spike
09-17-2003, 11:55 AM
No lie, Old Card. Lighten up, this is just a place to post opinions. You can't help it if you guys are not the shiznit like last year. I still think that you guys end up in first place at the end of the year, the panthers will find that not everybody is as bad as Tarkington

BH_146
09-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Though I will probably doom anyone I put on this list, here is they way I see the district right now:

1st Bridge City
2nd In any order, Anahuac, H-F, Hardin, Orangefield
I guess that is in alphabetical order:)

I don't think you should discount Hardin. Their 2 losses were not that bad. And with the right combination of factors, I think they could slip back into the playoffs.

trojandad
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey BH_146, which of those teams have you had a chance to see play, and what do you think of who you've seen?

billbrasky
09-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Does anyone agree with me when I say that this is a weak 3A district? I think 4 out of the 6 teams in the other area 3A district (20-3A) could dominate 21-3A. Newton, Kirbyville, Jasper, or Diboll.

RBARKER
09-17-2003, 02:42 PM
billbrasky:
Does anyone agree with me when I say that this is a weak 3A district? I think 4 out of the 6 teams in the other area 3A district (20-3A) could dominate 21-3A. Newton, Kirbyville, Jasper, or Diboll.I agree somewhat. Newton & Jasper could possibly win alot of districts in 3A, but Diboll and Kirbyville would just make this district more competitve.

the-O-fence
09-17-2003, 03:31 PM
This district should be fun to watch because there really isn't a dominate team this year. Anahuac and BC look to be pretty evenly matched and they should be in the top 2 spots (I would say Anahuac 1st but who knows) and as far as the 3rd spot goes I have no clue. I havent seen any of the remaining teams play so I cant give a good prediction. The district should be very intersting down to the finish. GOOD LUCK!

fan4allsports
09-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I think Bridge City and Buna should be in the same district with Jasper, Newton, & Kirbyville. We could see for sure who is the top dog then. It would also challenge teams like Kirbyville to step it up a notch or get left behind. A good head coach and better discipline Kirbyville team would give any town a run for its money.
:D

the-O-fence
09-17-2003, 03:56 PM
I can see Bridge City giving Kirbyville and the rest of the district a challenge, but Buna?

X21AAAPlayer
09-17-2003, 04:29 PM
fan4allsports:
I think Bridge City and Buna should be in the same district with Jasper, Newton, & Kirbyville. We could see for sure who is the top dog then. It would also challenge teams like Kirbyville to step it up a notch or get left behind. A good head coach and better discipline Kirbyville team would give any town a run for its money.
:D Only one down side. When you take the talent out of a district and put them with another district, sure you get one loaded but think of the other one. You would have 3 teams making the playoffs that would get absolutely slaughtered first round by the "loaded" district. Would be district games all over again but in the playoffs. Wouldn't prep the better teams much. There will always be a year or two though when the teams that aren't so fortunate step it up and take it to the traditional winners.

BH_146
09-17-2003, 04:39 PM
trojandad,
The only 2 teams from this district that I have seen are the 2 we have played, Anahuac and H-F.

Anahuac has some size and speed. In our game against them, we could have easily beat them by 3 tds if our QB had connected with the open receivers. (Anahuac could make the same statement because their QB missed open receivers also.) But I don't know if they received any type of challenge in their last 2 games which would have addressed their first game shortcomings. I know they have excellent coaches who have their players working hard to get better. But sometimes you need in game experience to learn from your mistakes. And they open district play against a relative weak Buna squad before taking on H-F at Hamshire. That will be a challenge.

H-F was playing their first game against us also. Because of that it may be difficult to assess this team. They had a lack of speed which hurt them. Also,they seem to tire quickly in the second half. This shouldn't be a problem when they start district. Their defense is going to be the key to their success. I was impressed with their front line and linebackers, especially their ends. I think if you can't pass on this team, you've got problems. So if they stay healthy, I would expect to be in the hunt for a playoff position. Of course, I may have said the same thing this time last year. So as the saying goes, nothing is won until the games are played.

hsffan
09-17-2003, 10:31 PM
If Anahuac will play as a team and one game at a time. I think the district race will come down to the last game with BC. I haven't seen BC play yet but with there past history they will be there at the end. Even with a young team they know what it takes to get to the playoffs. Third place is up for grabs

Compudyne
09-18-2003, 09:53 AM
All we can do is speculate this year. I would love to Kirbyville play BC again. Bridge City put a beating on Kirbyville in 2000 and then shut them out in 2001. I think Kirbyville is at the level now that they would be able to make it a litte more interesting.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Compudyne,I think you are right K-ville's team really wasn't that bad in 2001 they pretty much held BC in the first half then fell apart in the 2nd half. K-ville definetly has the talent in that school, Maybe this coaches program is starting to gell and K-ville will be a force in the next few years as well.

<small>[ September 18, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: ALLSPORTSGUY ]</small>

trojandad
09-18-2003, 10:58 AM
I couldn't agree more about HF, BH_146. The way they cratered last year after a good start makes one wonder why. Internal problems, maybe? A problem similar to Cleveland? Lord knows Cleveland has the athletes, just little motivation to play football. If Coach C would just do something like require athletes to play at least two sports or none, he would either have one of the best football teams or one of the best track teams. LOL From the outside looking in, I know that HF was the biggest (negative) surprise after starting out so well.

Rocksolid
09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
fan4allsports:
:D I don't understand are you a coach HATER or somthing no matter what you post it is always dogging coaches or trying to make other people talk bad about them.

hardinplaya
09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Like I said before, I do believe that it will come down to the last 2 games for this district.

You will see in the last game who is going to be the first spot when Anahuac travels to B-C, and then you will see within the last two games of the season who will be the third and final playoff team when Hamshire-Fannett comes to Hardin and Hardin travels to Orangefield in the final game. Personally I believe Orangefield will be the final team, if not....Hardin, but I am not sure because this team is not the team I was expecting before the season started.

the-O-fence
09-18-2003, 08:41 PM
I agree with HardinPlaya, the district winner will be decided in the last 2 weeks. Its basicaly a toss up for the third spot only the good lord knows who will get it. Just to let you know Bridge City has to play at Anahuac this year, it's gonna be a good one.

hardinplaya
09-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Oh, I was not aware of that. So Bridge City travels to Anahuac for the last game. This could be a real factor in deciding who is going to play in Week 11. This is my prediction and it probably will not be accurate but I'm going to give it my best shot. Anahuac will cruise through district play going undefeated while Bridge City will lose only one game *Anahuac. While on the other hand it will be a toss up for the third spot probably coming down to that final Hardin @ Orangefield game due to the same amount of losses in district play for each teams....

Old Cardinal
09-19-2003, 08:26 AM
To HardinPlaya, Are you the same guy that was previously "exhardinhornet", a few weeks ago? I was just wondering?

Eagles52
09-19-2003, 06:06 PM
to my knowledge last years HF team had numerous key injuries and evidently not a lot of depth so after the fast start all the injuries caused major problems...and my opinion is BC wins the district with Anahuac in second, I dont want this to be taken the wrong way because anahuac beat the hill, period. However I feel like they will peak much sooner than BC or BH and so when they meet the cardinals the last week Anahuac will have been passed up...just an opinion and I'd like to hear what others have to add to it

hardinplaya
09-19-2003, 10:17 PM
I do not feel the same way just because that last game is in Anahuac. I do not believe anyone will stand in their way through district play making it a very important game to win at the end of the season. Especially if they are 9-0 going into that game, although it would be the greatest upset for B-C to pull it off, but we are still 6 weeks away from this, so lets enjoy some football along the way!