PDA

View Full Version : Medina Valley vs. Wimberly (from sasports.com)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
they're discussing it here:

http://www.sasports.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4888

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I KNOW I KNOW I SPELLED WIMBERLEY WRONG...

I'll try not to let it happen again...:D

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Didn't Medina Valley get killed by Hondo??? :thinking: Or am I thinking of another team? Where is boosty when you need him?

bjrod9
11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
I am not Boosty,lol, but i witnessed the massacre at MV, i havent read the topic yet, but i will now on SAsports. Hondo won 48-13 i believe.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
im here rita but bj got my back ya we murdered them as he said haha so i dont see MV beating them but heck who knows

bandera7
11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Yes, in all probability we probably could have continued to run the ball on Wimberley all night...but we did not. We were unfortunate enough to have our starting runningback hurt on something like the 5th play...Boosty can probably tell you just how good he was, he was an explosive back, very quick, he ran all over many teams. Wimberley does have a Werner though, his name is Michael Buse...I cant believe somebody said that. But yes, we still ran all over Wimberley, even without our starting back. They can be beat, we were beating them in the first half, the score was tied, but we had them terrified, and we were beating them up. Go MV, it would be an incredible upset.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Yes, in all probability we probably could have continued to run the ball on Wimberley all night...but we did not. We were unfortunate enough to have our starting runningback hurt on something like the 5th play...Boosty can probably tell you just how good he was, he was an explosive back, very quick, he ran all over many teams. Wimberley does have a Werner though, his name is Michael Buse...I cant believe somebody said that. But yes, we still ran all over Wimberley, even without our starting back. They can be beat, we were beating them in the first half, the score was tied, but we had them terrified, and we were beating them up. Go MV, it would be an incredible upset.

i didnt make it to the bandera game and yes Buse is very good i playe against him last year he was incredible last year and im sure he has done nothing but improve but this isnt near as a good of a wimberly team as last years

wimbo_pro
11-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes, I guess you could say Bandera was "beating us up" in the first half...lots of first downs, made us punt I think 3 times. We werent pleased, adjusted, and pounded Bandera in the 2nd half. This is the sign of team experience.

But I would argue with the statement "this team isnt near as good" as last year. We are close, just in a different way. We are much more lethal offensively, but unfortunately we allow a lot more points defensively. Are we "just as good" as last year? Cant tell until we see how well we do in the play offs...we werent NEAR as good last year in the regular season as we were in the play offs. We came on like gang-busters in the post season. I am hoping for the same spurt this year.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yes, I guess you could say Bandera was "beating us up" in the first half...lots of first downs, made us punt I think 3 times. We werent pleased, adjusted, and pounded Bandera in the 2nd half. This is the sign of team experience.

But I would argue with the statement "this team isnt near as good" as last year. We are close, just in a different way. We are much more lethal offensively, but unfortunately we allow a lot more points defensively. Are we "just as good" as last year? Cant tell until we see how well we do in the play offs...we werent NEAR as good last year in the regular season as we were in the play offs. We came on like gang-busters in the post season. I am hoping for the same spurt this year.

well i was talking about the whole code red defense because yalls defense was incredible last year and i assume yalls offense has just got better