PDA

View Full Version : (NF) Men - you can't live with 'em.....you can't kill 'em

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I think most of you ladies can appreciate what I'm about to say. :D (Men, read and learn.... ;) )

I took off work yesterday and today (and our offices are closed tomorrow) to get things ready for Thanksgiving and to have some "me" time. To get things going this morning, lhpd's car decided to act up and so we took it to the shop, which left me without a car. Okay....no biggie, since the biggest trip I had planned was to pick up the man-child after practice this evening.

I had done some laundry this morning and had a load ready to go in the dryer.....with some heavy items like a hoody, denim pants, etc. I threw it all in the dryer and turned it on. NOTHING! Turned the knob to a different mode....it's an old dryer and gets cranky from time to time. Still nothing.

So, the first thing I think is the breaker might be tripped. I went out to check it. The one labeled dryer was on, but I turned it off and on just in case. I came back inside.....nothing. Okay, great. I went to the garage to look for the clothes pins, because for some unknown reason, we bought a bag years ago. Uhm....they're nowhere to be found. So, I called lhpd to see if he knew where in "his domain" they might be. "Yes, I checked the breaker marked dryer. No, they're not on the shelf above your workbench." "Okay, try the campbox in the shed." Great....more "man domain". I found 7 clothes pins. Ever try to hang an entire load with 7 clothes pins??????

I hung the hoody, some of the pants and a couple of shirts on the fence of the dog run. Another pair of pants are draped across a chair in the backyard. I finally got the remaining items hung on the shower curtain rod, the towel rack and the side of the tub. Then, the phone rang.....it's lhpd.

Him: "Did you get my message?"
Me: "No, I was outside and neither the answering machine nor my cell is beeping."
Him: "Oh, I called your work phone and left it there." (It goes to v/m at the office if I don't answer. HELLLLLLOOOO! I'm off work.)
Me: "No, I'm not checking voice mail."
Him: "Oh, well, did you check ALL the breakers?"
Me: "I only flipped the one labeled dryer. There were 2 that were off, but they were labeled a/c fan and air compressor."
Him: "Ohhhhhh, well go turn them on in case they're mislabeled."
Me: "Okay.....I'm taking you with me. Okay, they're all on now."
(back in the house)
Me: "Gee, that fixed the problem. The dryer is now working."
Him: "Oh, good! I turned them off this morning because I figured it was winter and we wouldn't need the a/c for awhile." :doh: :doh:

Guys......before you trip the switch, either a) make sure it's labeled properly or b) TELL YOUR WIFE!!

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM
ROFL!!! That's great!!!!:clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
11-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I
Him: "Oh, good! I turned them off this morning because I figured it was winter and we wouldn't need the a/c for awhile." smart guy:thumbsup: :evil: :D

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-21-2006, 03:37 PM
OH HOW I MISS THOSE DAYS , NOT !!!!:D

44INAROW
11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I hope he fills your car up on the way home from work :D How many half-used rolls of duct tape did you find in "his domain" and I have a question for "the men of the downlow" Why on Earth do you'll keep rusty nails and nuts/bolts? That always puzzled me:nerd:

and LHPM - funny thing - when I posted the Tues AM Humor - I was going to title it "Men, can't live with em, can't kill em" GMTA :p

CenTexSports
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Last year my nephew and niece who travel all over North America for Pro Rodeo had their truck break down somewhere in the western US. There is a VERY nice living quarters in the horse trailer. My niece was just sitting around and decided to vacuum and turn on the air conditioner. After about ten minutes there was a loud noise and then no electricity.

She went into the truck shop looking for her hubby and told him what happened. Needless to say he responded poorly. While he was waiting for the truck to get fixed, he had decided to change the oil in the electric generator but he was called into the shop before he finished.

Not only did they have to pay out a pretty penny to get the truck fixed, they had to buy a $6,000 generator.

Like LPHM indicated, communication can save you a lot of problems and sometimes a lot of money.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope he fills your car up on the way home from work :D How many half-used rolls of duct tape did you find in "his domain" and I have a question for "the men of the downlow" Why on Earth do you'll keep rusty nails and nuts/bolts? That always puzzled me:nerd:

and LHPM - funny thing - when I posted the Tues AM Humor - I was going to title it "Men, can't live with em, can't kill em" GMTA :p
No rolls of half-used duct tape. :eek: :eek: (I'm sure one of the boys scammed them. :D )

ROFL! You're right....GMTA! :clap:

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 03:53 PM
wow that is too funny

STANG RED
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a question for "the men of the downlow" Why on Earth do you'll keep rusty nails and nuts/bolts? That always puzzled me:nerd:

Cause we never know when we might need one to fasten the ole ladies mouth shut. :devil:

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Cause we never know when we might need one to fasten the ole ladies mouth shut. :devil: Uh huh - we know you better than THAT Stang!!!!

STANG RED
11-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Uh huh - we know you better than THAT Stang!!!! :eek: Your not gonna tell her what I said are ya???;)

Old Green
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM

and LHPM - funny thing - when I posted the Tues AM Humor - I was going to title it "Men, can't live with em, can't kill em" GMTA :p Because we might have to fix something and we always need bolts, screws , and old rusty nails.

Now I have a question for the ladies.

Why do women use the steak knives for screw drivers. I bought the OGL a set of screw drivers to keep in the kitchen.
Well she still used the new steak knives I bought and broke the tips off them too!:(

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 04:29 PM
:eek: Your not gonna tell her what I said are ya???;) :thinking: :thinking: Nah. :D

chaingang
11-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Yall women need to quit whinning. You know yall couldnt acomplish anything without us. Keep dreaming!!!:D

Im turning off my computer now before it blows up.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Yall women need to quit whinning. You know yall couldnt acomplish anything without us. Keep dreaming!!!:D

Uh huh and who was it that mailed out the shirt and where are those pictures??? Uh huh!!! ;)

chaingang
11-21-2006, 04:38 PM

Why you bringing up old stuff???? :p

And WOS1 has the pictures, so you need to get on him.:D

Fotbol
11-21-2006, 04:40 PM
All men r created Equal:clap:

luvhoops34
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
My husband and the breaker box don't mix well together. For some unknown reason, he cannot understand the concept that to turn the breakers on, you have to flip the breakers on both sides to the center of the panel.

We work out of town and I leave the refrigerator turned on. I used to leave the freezer on with all the frozen food in it, too. Notice I said "used to". On one of my husbands trips to the house to "check on things", he turned OFF the freezer breaker. All of the food defrosted and ruined. Of course, I was unaware of this occurrence until I went home the next time. Guess who got stuck throwing out all the spoiled food and cleaning the freezer?

The last time he went home, he forgot and left all the breakers on and had to turn around and go back and flip them off.

He went home again yesterday and informed me the "someone" turned the refrigerator breaker off. Duh.......We live way out in the middle of nowhere and the gate is locked. But I guess the little fairies went out there and flipped the refrigerator breaker off..... :doh:

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Why you bringing up old stuff???? :p

And WOS1 has the pictures, so you need to get on him.:D LOL! You quoted yourself instead of me!! Haha ;)

He does? I will check with him AFTER your game this week - I want those updates. ;) :D

injuredinmelee
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
As a man I would like to say that I dream of being as perfect as a woman in all aspects daily....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Cause we never know when we might need one to fasten the ole ladies mouth shut. :devil:

:eek: :eek: :)

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As a man I would like to say that I dream of being as perfect as a woman in all aspects daily....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Keep on dreaming....that's the only way it'll happen. :p ;)

STANG RED
11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
My husband and the breaker box don't mix well together. For some unknown reason, he cannot understand the concept that to turn the breakers on, you have to flip the breakers on both sides to the center of the panel.

We work out of town and I leave the refrigerator turned on. I used to leave the freezer on with all the frozen food in it, too. Notice I said "used to". On one of my husbands trips to the house to "check on things", he turned OFF the freezer breaker. All of the food defrosted and ruined. Of course, I was unaware of this occurrence until I went home the next time. Guess who got stuck throwing out all the spoiled food and cleaning the freezer?

The last time he went home, he forgot and left all the breakers on and had to turn around and go back and flip them off.

He went home again yesterday and informed me the "someone" turned the refrigerator breaker off. Duh.......We live way out in the middle of nowhere and the gate is locked. But I guess the little fairies went out there and flipped the refrigerator breaker off..... :doh:

Please take this in the spirit it is meant in. I have been an electrician for nearly 30 years, so I know a little bit about what I'm talking about here.
Those breakers arent really designed to be used as switches like that. A breaker should last almost forever unless its subjected to damage due to overloads or physical damage brought on by constantly using them as switches. Every time yall use those breakers as switches, you are making them a little weaker, and a little weaker, and eventually they will give out and could possibly start arching and creating major problems.
Leave your breakers ON folks. Us your light switches and applience controls for turning things on and off in your house. Unplugging appliences occasionally is fine, but dont even do this very often, as the receptacle will eventually give out and could cause arching as well. By the way, all electrical fires start with an arch.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
All men r created Equal:clap:

I agree....all MEN are created equal....but equally WHAT?? That is the question!!:kiss:

luvhoops34
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Please take this in the spirit it is meant in. I have been an electrician for nearly 30 years, so I know a little bit about what I'm talking about here.
Those breakers arent really designed to be used as switches like that. A breaker should last almost forever unless its subjected to damage due to overloads or physical damage brought on by constantly using them as switches. Every time yall use those breakers as switches, you are making them a little weaker, and a little weaker, and eventually they will give out and could possibly start arching and creating major problems.
Leave your breakers ON folks. Us your light switches and applience controls for turning things on and off in your house. Unplugging appliences occasionally is fine, but dont even do this very often, as the receptacle will eventually give out and could cause arching as well. By the way, all electrical fires start with an arch.

Thanks for the info! We are hardly ever at home. Maybe once every six months. And, if any of the breakers are on it makes the electic meter start turning like crazy! That's why we keep them turned off...:)