PDA

View Full Version : Andrews vs. Fort Stockton

Funk-d-fied
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17493464&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I didn't realize that game was that close.

Unless Andrews has dramatically improved over the past few weeks, I see Fort Stockton taking this one easily.

What was the score first time yall played Andrews?

GWOOD
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Fort Stockton won the earlier game this year 14-7

Other comparative scores

Seminole 26 Ft. Stockton 10
Seminole 27 Andrews 23

Fort Stockton 34 Pecos 26
Andrews 35 Pecos 10

I think Andrews will win this game.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

Other comparative scores

Seminole 26 Ft. Stockton 10
Seminole 27 Andrews 23

Fort Stockton 34 Pecos 26
Andrews 35 Pecos 10

I think Andrews will win this game.

ya i agree too but u cant always compare scores cause some kids might be hurt

GWOOD
11-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
ya i agree too but u cant always compare scores cause some kids might be hurt

Didn't pick them because of the comparative scores. That was just a sidenote. In fact, it was meant to show how even they are. I know the scores are different, but they beat the same team and got beat by the same team. Lot of things go into the scores--injuries (that you mentioned), home team, coming off an emotional game, etc.

I think Andrews will win because they have been improving and Fort Stockton has been up and down. FS struggled against Tornillo and Pecos in district, two games they should have dominated but didn't. Also Andrews has played a lot toughter schedule which can make a difference in a big game. Andrews has had Monahans, Big Spring, Seminole, Greenwood, and Snyder on their schedule. Fort Stockton has had Monahans and Seminole.

Whoops, one more common opponent.

Monahans 49 Andrews 25
Monahans 35 Ft. Stockton 0

Oh, man, now I'm really picking Andrews.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
I've got to go with Andrews in this one as well.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM

I didn't know the score was THAT close!!

:eek:

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 11:17 AM

They aren't a "pickem" game, so I don't have to worry about it.

It's that darn Monahans/Snyder game that is gonna give me fits!!:p

Funk-d-fied
11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Stockton has played the last 8 games without the starting tailback and lost all-district player Salmon to ashtma throughout the year. Had ups and downs but the bottom line is they are 7-3 and beat Andrews in the regular season by playing defense. The offense will come around, the defense will be there. Good luck to both teams.

GWOOD
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Stockton has played the last 8 games without the starting tailback and lost all-district player Salmon to ashtma throughout the year.

So are these guys playing this week?

Funk-d-fied
11-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Salmon will be and I don't think the tailback will be playing. He broke his collarbone and is out.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Didn't pick them because of the comparative scores. That was just a sidenote. In fact, it was meant to show how even they are. I know the scores are different, but they beat the same team and got beat by the same team. Lot of things go into the scores--injuries (that you mentioned), home team, coming off an emotional game, etc.

I think Andrews will win because they have been improving and Fort Stockton has been up and down. FS struggled against Tornillo and Pecos in district, two games they should have dominated but didn't. Also Andrews has played a lot toughter schedule which can make a difference in a big game. Andrews has had Monahans, Big Spring, Seminole, Greenwood, and Snyder on their schedule. Fort Stockton has had Monahans and Seminole.

Whoops, one more common opponent.

Monahans 49 Andrews 25
Monahans 35 Ft. Stockton 0

If Andrews put up 25 against Monahans, they better be taken seriously. There defense held Snyder in the district finale. They didn't get the win but they came to play.

This is a team that can throw an upset in your face.

Good Luck Andrews!!

Tres Lobos
11-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Also what a lot of people don't know is that monahans was down 17-0 at one point in that andrews game.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They aren't a "pickem" game, so I don't have to worry about it.

It's that darn Monahans/Snyder game that is gonna give me fits!!:p

Go with Snyder RM, I know you got the MOJO!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Go with Snyder RM, I know you got the MOJO!!!!!

LOL!! I have a "pickem" game at stake here........still doing my research at this point!;)