PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Madison

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Alot being said about the winner playing in the big game. I think Atlanta will have something to say about that. The Rabbits are doing to be one tuff row to hoe.

bobcat1
11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
That's no joke! Celina I hope just takes it one game at a time, one quarter at a time, and one down at a time. I have thought all along that Atlanta's tough schedule and team speed will be tough to overcome for any team they line up against. Good point Gsquared.:thinking:

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Its not that I dont think Celina could beat Atlanta but not going to be a cake walk. I think that game would be an outright war! Of course, both have to take care of buisness first.

CelinaCatFan
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree that Atlanta better not be overlooked. They will have something to say about who comes out of Region II. They won their district by beating Libery Eylau the last game of the regular season. As mentioned, they had a very tough non-district schedule with losses to Woodrow Wilson (4A), Texarkana Texas (4A), Hallsville (4A) and Gilmer.

As for Celina, the Bobcats know they have their hands full this Friday with Madison. I'm sure the coaches will have the boys focused on this game and not looking ahead. Celina has not played a team with the speed that Madison displays on offense and defense in a while.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Its not that I dont think Celina could beat Atlanta but not going to be a cake walk. I think that game would be an outright war! Of course, both have to take care of buisness first. But are you saying that Celina could beat Madison? :thinking: That's what I wanna know. :p :D

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
But are you saying that Celina could beat Madison? :thinking: That's what I wanna know. :p :D

;)

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 10:25 AM
But are you saying that Celina could beat Madison? :thinking: That's what I wanna know. :p :D
Yeah, I think Celina beats Madison this week. From the two games I saw Madison play, they are a VERY good football team. However, I dont think they are deep enough to beat Celina. Traditional Celina football is close the first half, second half they start wearing you down. You look up in the fourth qtr and your two touchdowns down and your sucking wind.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I think Celina beats Madison this week. From the two games I saw Madison play, they are a VERY good football team. However, I dont think they are deep enough to beat Celina. Traditional Celina football is close the first half, second half they start wearing you down. You look up in the fourth qtr and your two touchdowns down and your sucking wind. You don't think Madison's speed will wear down Celina in the 1st half?? Have you seen Celina play this year??

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 10:34 AM
You don't think Madison's speed will wear down Celina in the 1st half?? Have you seen Celina play this year??
Yeah, ive seen Celina. Celina can more than handle Madisons speed, I promise ya that. Celina will fundamental you to death. Those kids know what the coaches want them to do, they know that they have to stay in thier lanes defensivly, and watch the back side. The linebackers all know how to run down hill. The Offensive Line is so fundamentally sound its scary.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah, ive seen Celina. Celina can more than handle Madisons speed, I promise ya that. Celina will fundamental you to death. Those kids know what the coaches want them to do, they know that they have to stay in thier lanes defensivly, and watch the back side. The linebackers all know how to run down hill. The Offensive Line is so fundamentally sound its scary.

Thanks! :kiss: Have fun eating frito pie & nachos!! :thumbsup:

handNthedirt
11-21-2006, 10:45 AM
can someone who has been following celina this year tell me if shane sheffield has cracked into the starting lineup?

bobcat1
11-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Shane plays both ways and is very valuable in the things he does for our team. The way our roster rotates it is hard to say who is the actual starter. We are very deep.

handNthedirt
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
good for shane, I got to know him when he was in middle school, where athletically he was a young man vs. little boys.

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
good for shane, I got to know him when he was in middle school, where athletically he was a young man vs. little boys.
Thats not the JV qb from last year is it?

bobcat1
11-21-2006, 02:06 PM
No, he is one of our sophomore tailbacks now on varsity.

Hey Gsquared, I have eaten at Mary's many times. I used to hunt out that way.

Gsquared
11-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Oh ok. Was mighty impressed with that JV QB from last year.

LEROY
11-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I think that Celina's O-Line will be the difference in this game. Maybe close at the half, but Madison's D-Line is not deep enough to handle Celina's line for 4 quarters. Just my 2 cents.

StreetBobcat
11-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
can someone who has been following celina this year tell me if shane sheffield has cracked into the starting lineup?

Shane #12 senior starts and plays outside linebacker were he led the team in solo tackles last year and is currently having a great year to date. Both last year (7.95 yds/carry) and this year he is the backup fullback. Health problems have limited his offensive playing time some but he still gets a few touches.

lostaussie
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
for my 2 cents, here goes............I have seen Celina play 2 times in my life and they lost both times. once to Daingerfield and once to Gilmer. the only thing that I see stopping the Celina train is speed..............unfortunately Madison has plenty to go around. Certainly no disrespect to Celina as they have an unbelievable program. In a very close game I predict a Madison victory, say 30-28. If Madison doesn't get it done this year, their run may be over. Good luck to both teams, as this should be a classic matchup..............

P.S. If Celina gets this one.............watch out!!!!!!!!!!

bobcat1
11-21-2006, 10:17 PM
What ever you do Lost Aussie, don't come to the game! :p

lostaussie
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
What ever you do Lost Aussie, don't come to the game! :p you got it dude:thumbsup:

DragonEagle01
11-22-2006, 01:13 AM
should be a fun game to watch two good teams. winner plays the winner of the Canton vs Pleasent Grove game

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 01:19 AM
i say celina in this one

JR2004
11-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
If Madison doesn't get it done this year, their run may be over.

Well going into this year I was going to be inclined to probably think the same thing. Then I saw who our starting RB will be next season. He's currently a sophomore and goes 5'10" 220. He was one of the kids from New Orleans. While the circumstances that brought him to Dallas last year are extremely unfortunate, Madison has themselves another very good back to put in there next season.

Then the last week of the season I finally saw Madison's back-up QB. He goes about 6'1" or 6'2" and he weighs somewhere between 205-215. They put him out there against Jarvis and he threw a pass flat-footed about 55 yards and hit his WR in stride. His accuracy and arm strength were very, very good for such a young QB. I was pretty impressed by him and asked the DC the other day what grade he was in and I was surprised to find out he is only a freshman. Throw in DT Steve Richards for next year and the Trojans should be able to field another pretty good ballclub. They won't have a Shawnbrey next season, but winning has worked wonders for the Trojans football program. So many kids who used to go elsewhere or just go play for Lincoln are now staying in South Dallas and going to Madison. This current group of seniors has done A LOT for the program and they'll be reaping the benefits for the next several years due to the success of the last three years.

bobcat1
11-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Sounds like they are headed in the right direction. Here's to a great game Friday with no injuries to either team.:clap:

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by LEROY
I think that Celina's O-Line will be the difference in this game. Maybe close at the half, but Madison's D-Line is not deep enough to handle Celina's line for 4 quarters. Just my 2 cents.

Watched a lot of playoff games the last two years.
Have noticed some things:
1. The deeper you get into the playoffs the more evenly matched teams are. (duh – that’s a no-brainer)
2. Great o-lines are wonderful but most playoff games are won by strong defensive stands.
3. A defense that can and will score on you.
4. And special teams that consistently get their team great field position, can and will run one back on you, and is confident and consistent with that all important last 3 second field goal from 39 yards out to win the game as time expires. (man I'm tired of seeing that happen against us - I have faith and am excited that we have added this dimension to our team)

Any team can win from this point on - most likely it will be whoever plays mistake free ball.

charlesrixey
11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
what else does madison have on offense?

sweetwater07
11-24-2006, 08:42 PM
this game started yet?