PDA

View Full Version : Sneed to SFA?

eagles_victory
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I heard a rumor that Jevan Sneed could be transfering from UT to SFA.

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I heard he was going to Austin College to run the bone for Ronnie Gage!

Manck
11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I heard he was going to Austin College to run the bone for Ronnie Gage!
That would make my head explode. Sweet Jesus, don't tease me like that.

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Florida

wildstangs
11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Florida

He going to carry around Tim Tebows jock?

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Just a rumor I heard.

mrescape43
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
He is going to pass McCoy and take over the Texas QB position and McCoy is the one who is going to transfer! :D :D

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
He is going to pass McCoy and take over the Texas QB position and McCoy is the one who is going to transfer! :D :D Pass the funny smelling cigarette this way.

mrescape43
11-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Pass the funny smelling cigarette this way.

:D :D

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Just a rumor I heard.
You know you don't always have to make up stuff just to join the conversation! ;)

NDFootball
11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Funny, I heard OU.

Wouldn't that be something?

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn't

mrescape43
11-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I didn't

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:29 PM
I seriously read somewhere that he was thinking of transfering to Florida the school he was originally committed too.

NDFootball
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I didn't

I think it was on msnbc.com it was an old article though and probably was removed I can try to dig it up.

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Texas freshman backup QB Jevan Snead, rumored on Texas fan Web sites to be exploring schools where he could transfer, would do nothing to be a distraction with the run the 8-1 Longhorns are on, his high school coach said Thursday. Schools mentioned as possibilities for Snead include Florida, Florida State, TCU, Houston and UT-El Paso.
From SI on Campus

eagles_victory
11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
From SI on Campus He has less of a chance to play in Florida then he does in Texas. I heard the rumor about him coming to SFA from people in the school offices saying he contacted the school that being said ill be schoked if he ever steps foot in nacogdoches

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I would make no sense from him to go to a 1-AA school. It's not like he is Rhett Bomar but I could see him playing for TCU.

eagles_victory
11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I would make no sense from him to go to a 1-AA school. It's not like he is Rhett Bomar but I could see him playing for TCU. how would it make no sense it makes sense that he doesnt want to sit out for a year.

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
how would it make no sense it makes sense that he doesnt want to sit out for a year. I'd rather sit out a year and play for a D1 program than to transfer down and play for a 1-AA program with the talent he has.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
I'd rather sit out a year and play for a D1 program than to transfer down and play for a 1-AA program with the talent he has.

Why? Scouts would still find him, and he would still get alot of pub

eagles_victory
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
I'd rather sit out a year and play for a D1 program than to transfer down and play for a 1-AA program with the talent he has. i agree with you like i said its hearsay. what i think is if he goes 1-aa he will come to SFA but i doubt he will go 1-aa

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why? Scouts would still find him, and he would still get alot of pub Why play 1-AA ball with D1 talent?

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Why play 1-AA ball with D1 talent?

First off I think he would be dumb to leave this year..I still think if he had a strong spring he could fight for the starter spot...Second having D1 talent does not automatically = playing and starting at a d1 school...Just depends on what he wants

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
First off I think he would be dumb to leave this year..I still think if he had a strong spring he could fight for the starter spot...Second having D1 talent does not automatically = playing and starting at a d1 school...Just depends on what he wants I don't think he could beat McCoy out. Apparently he doesn't think he can beat out McCoy since he is thinking of transfering.

tiger_94
11-21-2006, 12:18 AM
I wish he would come back home to Stephenville..

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by tiger_94
I wish he would come back home to Stephenville.. GO TEXANS!!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Pass the funny smelling cigarette this way.

haha im pretty sure u might have ur own

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
haha im pretty sure u might have ur own You assume wrong :)

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
You assume wrong :)

lol or do i

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 12:35 AM
you do

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 12:36 AM
ok lol just makin sure haha

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I really don't see why he'd leave one situation where he wouldn't start for another situation where he wouldn't start. Tebow has a firm grasp on the job in Gainesville after Leak graduates. Everyone knows he can run the ball and help out Urban Meyer's pitiful ground game, but he's also shown that he's pretty good throwing the ball, too.

I think his most likely destinations (and I haven't heard any rumors, just basing this on where he'd find a home) would be UH (Kevin Kolb's graduating), TCU, Oklahoma (Joey Hazle is their best option after Thompson graduates, and they're not exactly thrilled about that), UTEP (Jordan Palmer's graduating and he'd get to play for a top-flight coach), and LSU if the Jarrett Lee signing falls through.

I really don't think he goes I-AA. It wouldn't surprise me that he's exploring his options there and I know that scouts will find him, but he stands to lose a lot of NFL money if he moves down. The scouts will start questioning the level of talent he played against and why he didn't think he could beat out a noodle-armed QB at Texas. No reason to go through that when you can transfer to another I-A school (he still has his redshirt, so they could use that for his transfer year) and stay up in the first day of the draft.

There's only been two I-AA-or-lower QBs taken on the first day since

Josh McCown (SHSU, Rd. 3-- 2002), Giovanni Carmazzi (Hofstra, Rd. 3-- 2000), and Johnathan Quinn (Middle Tennessee, Rd. 3-- 1998). All third-rounders.

On the flip side of the argument, there have been two I-AA QB's taken in the first round since 1982, so it's not impossible. Steve McNair out of Alcorn State was taken third overall in 1995 and Ken O'Brien of Cal-Davis was taken 24th overall in the famed QB class of '83.

Personally, I think there'll just be too many questions for Snead to realistically be considered a first-round QB, even if he proves to be one of the greatest I-AA QBs of all time. I think he goes to a big school, redshirts for a year, and then takes the reigns.

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Snead at UH would be nice

eagles_victory
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I really don't see why he'd leave one situation where he wouldn't start for another situation where he wouldn't start. Tebow has a firm grasp on the job in Gainesville after Leak graduates. Everyone knows he can run the ball and help out Urban Meyer's pitiful ground game, but he's also shown that he's pretty good throwing the ball, too.

I think his most likely destinations (and I haven't heard any rumors, just basing this on where he'd find a home) would be UH (Kevin Kolb's graduating), TCU, Oklahoma (Joey Hazle is their best option after Thompson graduates, and they're not exactly thrilled about that), UTEP (Jordan Palmer's graduating and he'd get to play for a top-flight coach), and LSU if the Jarrett Lee signing falls through.

I really don't think he goes I-AA. It wouldn't surprise me that he's exploring his options there and I know that scouts will find him, but he stands to lose a lot of NFL money if he moves down. The scouts will start questioning the level of talent he played against and why he didn't think he could beat out a noodle-armed QB at Texas. No reason to go through that when you can transfer to another I-A school (he still has his redshirt, so they could use that for his transfer year) and stay up in the first day of the draft.

There's only been two I-AA-or-lower QBs taken on the first day since

Josh McCown (SHSU, Rd. 3-- 2002), Giovanni Carmazzi (Hofstra, Rd. 3-- 2000), and Johnathan Quinn (Middle Tennessee, Rd. 3-- 1998). All third-rounders.

On the flip side of the argument, there have been two I-AA QB's taken in the first round since 1982, so it's not impossible. Steve McNair out of Alcorn State was taken third overall in 1995 and Ken O'Brien of Cal-Davis was taken 24th overall in the famed QB class of '83.

Personally, I think there'll just be too many questions for Snead to realistically be considered a first-round QB, even if he proves to be one of the greatest I-AA QBs of all time. I think he goes to a big school, redshirts for a year, and then takes the reigns. well i can still dream lol

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
well i can still dream lol
Snead vs. Bomar, battle of the five-stars would add a little something to this rivalry, wouldn't it?

eagles_victory
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Snead vs. Bomar, battle of the five-stars would add a little something to this rivalry, wouldn't it? yea we have a pretty good qb returning next year ( not snead but good) so even if he doesnt come we should be alright. We played some pretty good football toward the end of the year but the 0-5 start killed us.

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
He Can go to Auburn
Overrated QB playing for an Overrated team

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by carter08
He Can go to Auburn
Overrated QB playing for an Overrated team
I'd take him with open arms. :D

Funk-d-fied
11-21-2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.kdbc.com/news/local/4525086.html

Stownhorse
11-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Im glad if he leaves. We can bring John Chiles in from Mansfield and get him ready for the back up QB.

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Im glad if he leaves. We can bring John Chiles in from Mansfield and get him ready for the back up QB.
You've already got five-star QB Brantley inked. You think Chiles would make a better QB, or should they switch him over to WR or DB?

UTatx
11-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I heard he was transfering to ACC cause the classes are so hard here

Stownhorse
11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
You've already got five-star QB Brantley inked. You think Chiles would make a better QB, or should they switch him over to WR or DB?

Brantley is for sure going to UT? I heard that he was having second thoughts about Texas. I would rather have a pretty nimble QB, but thats just me.

Stownhorse
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by UTatx
I heard he was transfering to ACC cause the classes are so hard here

who? Chiles? or Brantley?

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Brantley is for sure going to UT? I heard that he was having second thoughts about Texas. I would rather have a pretty nimble QB, but thats just me.
I don't know. Signing day's still a couple months away, so it might change between then and now.

who? Chiles? or Brantley?
Snead. And I think he's half-kidding.

Stownhorse
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know. Signing day's still a couple months away, so it might change between then and now.

Snead. And I think he's half-kidding.

ACC LMAO

UTatx
11-21-2006, 12:33 PM
snead...i was replying to the original topic...he wont leave austin, its the greatest city in the nation

b_smith07
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
He is going to pass McCoy and take over the Texas QB position and McCoy is the one who is going to transfer! :D :D
you all may think that's not gonna happen but remember a few years ago with the Major Applewhite/ Chris Simms controversy. Two very great QB's who switched the starting position around all the time, very possible it could happen now now that McCoy is kinda injured. could be interesting to see what ends up happening though....

Diocletian
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I seriously can't believe he lost that job in just a couple plays, he's obiously the better of the 2 and it showed in training camp and their scrimages........how McBoyscout got the job i have no idea and the only reason i think he can perform is cause of the cast around him

i'd hate to see Sneed leave, especially if he goes to Florida who is already threatening to win the championship this year

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
I seriously can't believe he lost that job in just a couple plays, he's obiously the better of the 2 and it showed in training camp and their scrimages........how McBoyscout got the job i have no idea and the only reason i think he can perform is cause of the cast around him

i'd hate to see Sneed leave, especially if he goes to Florida who is already threatening to win the championship this year
It's intangibles. Sure, Snead has a rocket arm, can throw a deep out to the opposite field on a rope, and can run the ball when he's flushed out of the pocket, but McCoy's one of the gutsiest little guys out there. McCoy first impressed me during the OSU game. His first big game, first time to really get licked in a game situation, he never flinched.

Some QB's do a little dance once they get hit a few times and start throwing off their back foot, side-stepping the throw, etc. McCoy never did. He stood in and kept coming back. He's done that all season long.

Also, I've read on a few scout services that McCoy's understanding of the game is light years beyond Snead's right now. Snead plays like a freshman at times while McCoy is mature beyond his years.

No doubt Snead has tons more natural ability than McCoy, but natural ability isn't always what a team already chocked full of talent needs. Sometimes, it needs someone who knows what calls to make, when to pull the trigger and when to let it go. I think Texas needed a leader more than they needed Superman, and that's what Colt brings to the table.

I'm not saying that Snead doesn't have that and never will. I haven't been to a UT game all year, so all I can comment on is what I've seen on TV. Snead played well in the KSU game and could turn out to be the next big thing. But even if he transfers to Temple, takes them to a national title, and goes down as the greatest QB of all time, you can't go wrong with McCoy. He's going to be a great QB for another three years.

mrescape43
11-21-2006, 10:13 PM
If Vince Young had remained with the Longhorns for his Sr year Snead would have used the extra year to bypass McCoy and the rest would be history. Snead is just a bit raw but has a much better arm.