PDA

View Full Version : Gobbla explains his cheap-shots at Burnet...

Gobbla2001
11-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Look at the new post... Who will Burnet play at state... Then I saw another one recently... Where will Burnet and Gainesville play the state game...

Those are examples 1,263,912,345 and 1,263,912,346 of why I started anything at all...

It wasn't directed towords the Burnet posters who haven't been putting themselves in the state game before the first playoff game had kicked off, yet they're the ones who were offended...

Minus spaniard, I haven't met a Burnet person who can take a joke...

I believe the Bulldogs can take it all this year, you're dang right, but so can a lot of others out of this field of 32 teams...

I remember one time you 'good' Burnet fans were complaining about people coming on here and posting too much about Burnet because you wanted your school represented well... But when I post stuff almost along the same lines (ie: espn1's 'Burnet Logos' thread a while back) I get hacked because I'm a 'hater'...

This is Gobbla2001, coming atcha live and real... If feelings get hurt over stuff that my 13 year-old down-syndrom cousin wouldn't be offended by, you need to find someone else's posts to read...

But for some reason, you just keep coming back to read my posts... I actually take it as a compliment... Thank you...

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Preach it Gobbla! LOL :D

cunbed10
11-12-2003, 02:04 PM
BulldogGrl64:
Preach it Gobbla! LOL :D Well now!

cunbed10
11-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Everyone loves a winner, but let's face it Gobbla, You, Me, and a whole lot of other folk want to see Burnet lose one game, but now that this is playoff time they can't afford to lose.

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 02:18 PM
cunbed10:
Everyone loves a winner, but let's face it Gobbla, You, Me, and a whole lot of other folk want to see Burnet lose one game, but now that this is playoff time they can't afford to lose.I dunno I'd hate to have seen them lose this is like a miracle year for them. Look at all the good things that have happened for them why would you want it to end. Thats there dream that they are living. and you have to think about it they are kids or better yet young adults who for some they have one last chance to do this do you really wanna take a kids dream away from them?

jason
11-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Gobbla2001:
Look at the new post... Who will Burnet play at state... Then I saw another one recently... Where will Burnet and Gainesville play the state game...

Those are examples 1,263,912,345 and 1,263,912,346 of why I started anything at all...

It wasn't directed towords the Burnet posters who haven't been putting themselves in the state game before the first playoff game had kicked off, yet they're the ones who were offended...

I believe the Bulldogs can take it all this year, you're dang right, but so can a lot of others out of this field of 32 teams...

I remember one time you 'good' Burnet fans were complaining about people coming on here and posting too much about Burnet because you wanted your school represented well... But when I post stuff almost along the same lines (ie: espn1's 'Burnet Logos' thread a while back) I get hacked because I'm a 'hater'...

This is Gobbla2001, coming atcha live and real... If feelings get hurt over stuff that my 13 year-old down-syndrom cousin wouldn't be offended by, you need to find someone else's posts to read...

But for some reason, you just keep coming back to read my posts... I actually take it as a compliment... Thank you...im not quite sure how, but in some way im offended by that... :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2003, 02:59 PM
I kinda agree with Gobbla about some of you posters...you are getting WAY ahead of yourselves...I don't want to hear that kind of talk, because I do not want you to live to regret it. Just take one game at a time...I know you are soooo excited, I am too, for you. But just as OUR season last year was a dream come true, one we NEVER even imagined, be careful when imagining games too far from now, because we NEVER once imagined us being there. All I'm saying, is take one game at a time...and I'll be cheering for you each time!

PAINTBALL
11-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Gobbla2001:

But for some reason, you just keep coming back to read my posts... I actually take it as a compliment... Thank you...http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Dogs/bulldog.gif

Old Dog
11-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Gobbla, guess the times I've defended you don't count for much! Honestly, if Burnet and Cuero meet in the second round (and I think they will), I want to meet you and say hey.

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Megatonpitch
11-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Most of the messages on this board have turned into he said/she said junior high crap. Not all burnet posters get offended when someone makes a comment about their team. I miss the 3A downlow that used to actually talk about football and what happens on the field, not what is typed on some computer. What happened to all the posts by people who actually talked about predictions and why they felt that way? That was the reason I started reading this board. All the stuff that has been going on here lately has just made me look elsewhere for my football addiction.

Before I get flamed for adding this, let me say that I have been reading and posting here for two years. I know my post number isn't real high, but that is because I only post on threads that I have a strong opinion on. I just began using this screen name this year because last year some students at our school got our IP address blocked and I couldn't use my other screen name. Then this year, I couldn't find the password.

Okay, just venting a little, had to get this out in the open.

espn1
11-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Ditto! Paintball! Don't worry Gobbla2001. If you can beat Wharton???????????? We will soon be takin some not so cheap shots at Your endzone. I think we charge 7 points a pop.
http://www.artie.com/20001014/arg-turkey-chop-med-url.gif

jason
11-13-2003, 09:17 AM
espn1:
Ditto! Paintball! Don't worry Gobbla2001. If you can beat Wharton???????????? We will soon be takin some not so cheap shots at Your endzone. I think we charge 7 points a pop.
http://www.artie.com/20001014/arg-turkey-chop-med-url.gifeek! eek! eek!

Ozzy
11-13-2003, 09:58 AM
espn1:
http://www.artie.com/20001014/arg-turkey-chop-med-url.gifNICE

espn1
11-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks!
http://www.artie.com/20001014/arg-turkey-chop-med-url.gif

Chris Hart
11-13-2003, 03:36 PM
LOL! I surely DO HOPE that we get to play Cuero. I've kept quiet at Gobbla's childish antics, but if we play Cuero, If they win I'll quietly continue to disapprove, but if we win I'll definately be happy to spoon feed him some Gerber crow and maybe a little enfamil so he doesn't choke. What a game that would be! :)

Gobbla2001
11-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Cute picture, ESPN1...

Glad some folks understand...

Thanks, Old Dog, haven't seen you on here as much...

I want Burnet to win, like I said, they're winning me points on the Kepball game at the *********** message board...

But if you can't take someone saying another teamcan beat ya, then all I can say is 'too bad'...

Some of my family and I are actually planning on cheering for Burnet just because their fans were awesome in '99 when we played them, so why not?

As you've noticed, the Burnet fans who are able to see behind the Burnet-Blinders have admitted that I have said nothing that should have offended the 'real and true' Burnet fans...

If you have seen something that I said that has expressed hate for Burnet and that has made fun of Burnet in a non-joking manner, then please bring it back up to the top of this message board because that has never been my goal... I'm not jealous or anything, that's for sure...

BIG19
11-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Gobbla2001:
I want Burnet to win, like I said, they're winning me points on the Kepball game at the *********** message board...

Gobbla2001:
You know what? I'm proud of the Pirates too... Not the best of starts, but the finish is what counts, eh?

Now that we're outta the D1 mix (for now), I'm a Pirate fan...Gobbla, my question to you is this one, which is it? IF Sinton and Burnet meet next week who ya rooting for?

As for all of the bad press you have been getting, people just need to remember that this is a board and things are said. There has been nothing taken out personally against anyone. I for one have taken nothing said on here personally. Why should I? We all need to keep reciting the old addage "Stick and Stones...."

Hang in there and keep giving it until you are booted outta here (as if that is going to happen) :D I'll back ya (as if that will help at all).