PDA

View Full Version : Cuero/Rio Hondo thread on rgvsports.com

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
What have I learned from this thread so far? Rio Hondo will be roll-playing...

They are LE and they will pretend that Cuero is Gilmer...

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Damn, still on page three of about seven and it seems to me that Cuero is just a tool being used by both Rio Hondo and Port Isabel fans to argue amongst themselves with...

LEAVE CUERO OUT OF IT... ha

http://www.rgvsports.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006652;p=1

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Okay, now I am pissed... my email address is banned over there or whatever and I cannot respond to this:

"I would not be supprised to see Cuero put up 60. Cause Cuero, like RH likes to run up the score on people."

that couldn't be much more further from the truth...

Last week: Cuero 41-0 at halftime... Final: 48-0...

We could have scored 60 points quite a few times the last few years but we don't...

Last year in the second round: Cuero 42-0 at halftime... Final 49-0...

turbostud
11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Okay, now I am pissed... my email address is banned over there or whatever and I cannot respond to this:

"I would not be supprised to see Cuero put up 60. Cause Cuero, like RH likes to run up the score on people."

We could have scored 60 points quite a few times the last few years but we don't...

Last year in the second round: Cuero 42-0 at halftime... Final 49-0...
I can respond for you Gobbla, I am a registered user.:D

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I can respond for you Gobbla, I am a registered user.:D

thanks...

I think it's because I don't have an ISP address... but our ISP address wouldn't be taken anyway because it's not your standard ISP address...

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Oops, forgot, they will also be roll-playing as the '94 PI Tarpons, pretending '06 Cuero is the '94 Cuero team...

This game is now being billed as:

'06 Cuero/'06 Gilmer/'94 Cuero vs. '06 Rio Hondo/'06 Liberty-Eylau/'94 Port Isabel

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Our coach is classy. He never, ever runs up the score. We could have torched some teams this year and we didn't.

11TARPON
11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
From Gobbla2001's postings it seems that the Gobblers are getting worried come this friday.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
From Gobbla2001's postings it seems that the Gobblers are getting worried come this friday.

why, because I'm giving a play-by-play of what is going on over there?

I could care less, it just makes for good reading...

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
DANG IT!! :mad: I hate that this game is going on while 2 other games are going on too!! :mad:

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I hate that I gotta work that night...

that's why I'm posting about it like crazy, gotta get all of the fun in this week that I can since I won't be at the game...

bandera7
11-20-2006, 08:04 PM
You gotta give it to the Cuero coaches, they do pull their guys out. Now, when we played Cuero, they hadnt yet pulled them out, but were on the verge, and we put up 21 straight on their first team. Actually, we had to ask their coaches to leave the press box, they were going crazy. That made them keep their first in the remainder of the game, but before we went on our scoring spree, the coach was about to sub in some of the 2nd and 3rd string. And just as Gobbla 2001 said, alot of times the final score is very close to the score at half.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You gotta give it to the Cuero coaches, they do pull their guys out. Now, when we played Cuero, they hadnt yet pulled them out, but were on the verge, and we put up 21 straight on their first team. Actually, we had to ask their coaches to leave the press box, they were going crazy. That made them keep their first in the remainder of the game, but before we went on our scoring spree, the coach was about to sub in some of the 2nd and 3rd string. And just as Gobbla 2001 said, alot of times the final score is very close to the score at half.

They did pull out their starters in the Second half against Sinton last year in Cuero i think with score 35-7? Final score was 35-28 with Cuero having to make a first down to keep Sinton from getting the ball one more time.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2006, 08:14 PM
TUFL
Heisman Winner
Member # 976

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2006 11:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They will have there hands full playing The University Of Cuero.

thats orginal hadnt heard that before :)

IHStangFan
11-20-2006, 08:20 PM

Last year in the second round: Cuero 42-0 at halftime... Final 49-0... thats the ONE THING...if ANYTHING that Cuero does NOT do....is run up the score...I've been saying that all year long to myself "theres no way they kept 'er at full throttle in this one, they musta called off the dogs" So...I'm with ya there bro.

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
we may as well not show up according to this guy .....GatoNegro67

...the two teams that made it a game were the two teams with winning records....cuero is an average team...there schedule was not hard some of those teams used to be good but theyre not anymore.

well look at those stats what do you think of cuero now(call it how you see it)cuero played cream puff teams.

As you can see, they are just overhyped. They may be bigger, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Back to reality Cuero by 21+

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
lol GO CUERO!!!

wimbo_pro
11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
I have never heard the accusation of Cuero running up the score. NEVER.

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
we may as well not show up according to this guy .....GatoNegro67

...the two teams that made it a game were the two teams with winning records....cuero is an average team...there schedule was not hard some of those teams used to be good but theyre not anymore.

well look at those stats what do you think of cuero now(call it how you see it)cuero played cream puff teams.

As you can see, they are just overhyped. They may be bigger, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Back to reality Cuero by 21+

it seems I've seen the above almost verbatim on the downlow. can't remember who posted it, guess I'll go search for it. I've heard Cuero referred to as "over-rated" but I've never heard someone who's seen them play, call the Gobblers AVERAGE .... Will we win Friday night? Who knows, that's why we play the game.

GO MEAN GREEN

ps I sure hope Gobbler84 sees that post - You hear that Kayron - just AVERAGE

since they are posting Cuero's stats - I wish they'd at least post the CORRECT stats....

Passing:
Kyle Noack - 142 of 197 yds for 2284 yards & 31 Touchdowns

Receptions:
Corey Scott - 55 for 924 yds (16 yd avg)
Tre Gray - 44 for 765 yds (17 yd avg)

Rushing:
Fabian Olguin - 144 for 1262 yds (8 yds avg) 11 TD

total team rushing 2267

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
TUFL
Heisman Winner
Member # 976

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2006 11:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats orginal hadnt heard that before :)

I like calling SLC the U of SLC... hadnt heard the Cuero reference before though... i liked it too

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2006, 05:56 AM
those guys on that board crack me up. They have not a clue what goes on above the Nueces river. Do they know anything about football around here? The references about cuero's schedule being weak is semi-true, but half of the teams with losing records would put up a fight with all of them with the exception of a few teams. (perhaps RH, ingleside, orange grove PI for sure) Being humble is a great tool for success and I'm glad MOST of the cuero posters and other supporters are humble here. Pretty funny stuff, although the PI 94 comments are getting a little repetitive. That was a different mean green with a different regimn 12 years ago. there maybe only 2 coaches still in Cuero from that era i think. One is down in P.I. :p

JT44
11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
those guys on that board crack me up. They have not a clue what goes on above the Nueces river. Do they know anything about football around here? The references about cuero's schedule being weak is semi-true, but half of the teams with losing records would put up a fight with all of them with the exception of a few teams. (perhaps RH, ingleside, orange grove PI for sure) Being humble is a great tool for success and I'm glad MOST of the cuero posters and other supporters are humble here. Pretty funny stuff, although the PI 94 comments are getting a little repetitive. That was a different mean green with a different regimn 12 years ago. there maybe only 2 coaches still in Cuero from that era i think. One is down in P.I. :p
Yeah just two, Mathis and Fuqua

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:09 AM
From there:

From a Tarpon Fan who was there in 1994.
To : Rio Hondo Bobcat

SI SE PUEDE !!!!
It can be done !!!!

Here is the proof...
This Tarpon fan beleves in you. (NO JOKE)

Nov/28 1994

David and Goliath updated

#The biblical story of David and Goliath is well-known. Goliath stood more
than 9 feet tall and was so powerful that his spear weighed 125 pounds. The
giant stood in front of the Philistine army and arrogantly challenged any
Israelite man enough to fight him to the death.

#Looking at this giant, the Israelites ran in fear. Until David showed up at
the battlefront. David, a youth who tended his father's sheep, couldn't
understand why no one was willing to battle this heathen. So he volunteered.
Shunning the traditional shield, helmet and spear, he gathered five stones and
put them in a pouch. Taking only his staff and sling, he ran to meet the
giant. Removing one stone, he placed it in his sling and threw it, striking
Goliath in the forehead and killing him.

A contemporary version of this story unfolded Saturday at Javelina Stadium at
Texas A&M-Kingsville.

Cuero, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A the entire season, met Port Isabel. The
Gobblers, who had pulverized the Tarpons 63-8 en route to the state final last
season, possessed all the ingredients for a championship team: size, strength
and speed. One lineman, in fact, stood 6-foot-8 and weighed 310 pounds. The
quarterback and son of the head coach had grown up around football and led the
Gobblers to the final last season.

Like Goliath, the Gobblers had terrified most of their opponents this season.
The combination of their size and speed was intimidating. It struck fear in
their opponents. Games were over before they started.

Port Isabel couldn't match up with Cuero. Most of its players were smaller and
not as quick.

Based on last season's outcome and the factors of size and speed, Cuero looked
like an easy winner. But that didn't account for the intangibles: preparation,
determination and belief. Port Isabel's coaching staff had scouted Cuero at
least five games this season and knew the Gobblers inside and out. Port
Isabel's players had shown tenacity from the first game of the season when
they rallied to beat Edcouch-Elsa, a team that would qualify for the 4A
playoffs.

This tenacity was clearly evident in Saturday's contest. The defense allowed
only one breakaway, the quarterback's 57-yard run for a touchdown. They
swarmed on whomever carried the ball.

Port Isabel head coach Tony Villarreal believed that his team could beat Cuero
even when others didn't. And believing is most of the battle.

Finally, Villarreal summed up the playoff victory on penetrations when he told
TV sports broadcaster Dave Brown, "We outsmarted them."

The Tarpons run the slot-T so tight and close to the line of scrimmage that it
is often difficult to know who has the ball. The Tarpons' misdirection plays
fooled Cuero several times, most noticeably on Jim Leo Ochoa's 39-yard run in
the first quarter.

Yes, the element of surprise has been successfully used by military
strategists down through the corridors of history. Just ask General
Villarreal.

-----

This is what we need to remember Gobblers... it'd make a Valley player's life to beat Cuero... they're gunna come out 20,000%... go get ya some bobcat...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

since they are posting Cuero's stats - I wish they'd at least post the CORRECT stats....

no joke, I just read that and said "Damn, those stats were from before we even played our last district game"...

anything to make someone feel better though...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
More from there:

--

In the famous words of Al Michaels: "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!!" So what if you're underdogs coming into this game. I'm not saying it's going to take a miracle for you to win. I'm just saying that's what everyone is making it out to seem like. Any team is beatable. You just have to focus on the prize and collectively, as a team, go get it. Rio Hondo, IMO, has everything it takes to win this game. You have an awesome rushing attack, a solid passing game, and best of all you have a tenacious defense. Will all 3 clicking on all cylinders, I know you can pull this one out. Go Bobcats! Go get us some leftover turkey!

Go get us some leftover turkey!

if any of you can beat a horse to death any more than this, you are a loser...

well, I think I just found the man who can beat a horse to death more than that:

---

No problem. I've seen Rio Hondo up close and personal, and I am very aware of what they are capable of. I don't like making comparisons, but this year's Rio Hondo team looks a lot like our '94 team. Don't let anyone tell you any different. That team went up against the all powerful Cuero and won (technically tied, but won on penetrations 5-3). This one year after being buried by the same Cuero team. I've seen it argued that Port Isabel had an entire year to prepare for the Cuero matchup, but I say that is ridiculous. They prepared for the teams that they were playing each week. Only until they knew they were playing Cuero again, did they begind preparing for them. Rio Hondo can pull this off. They just have to set their minds to it and go out and do it.

---

Just to put things in perspective...I hope and wish that RH will experience that feeling of knocking off the Goliath like PI did in '94. Everyone had written off the Tarpons...CH4, CH5, and the newspapers. Very similar to the situation that the Bobcats are now in. As long as you beleive in yourselves and know that after all is said and done you gave it your all, then nothing else matters...so good luck this Friday and don't worry about all these petty detractors and naysayers.

---

Some interesting numbers have been put up on another thread. If you look close enough at the stats, Rio Hondo compares very closely to Cuero. The teams have pretty much the same win to loss ratio, the yardage given up is pretty much the same, and Rio Hondo has the advantage in points scored and points allowed. All of a sudden, Cuero is looking a little vulnerable. Rio Hondo, just put your head down and go full speed ahead. We're behind you all the way. Go Bobcats!

(Side note from Gobbla2001: that is because those stats are about three weeks old compared to your updated ones... but hell, can't blame you guys for not knowing stats of a team 200 miles away)

---

just bringing that conversation here because I'm a supporter of the 3adownlow.com (and am practicing a different brand of thread piracy... I take it and hide it somewhere else, like treasure arghhh)

99IHSMustang
11-21-2006, 09:38 AM
More from there:

--

In the famous words of Al Michaels: "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!!" So what if you're underdogs coming into this game. I'm not saying it's going to take a miracle for you to win. I'm just saying that's what everyone is making it out to seem like. Any team is beatable. You just have to focus on the prize and collectively, as a team, go get it. Rio Hondo, IMO, has everything it takes to win this game. You have an awesome rushing attack, a solid passing game, and best of all you have a tenacious defense. Will all 3 clicking on all cylinders, I know you can pull this one out. Go Bobcats! Go get us some leftover turkey!

if any of you can beat a horse to death any more than this, you are a loser...

well, I think I just found the man who can beat a horse to death more than that:

---

No problem. I've seen Rio Hondo up close and personal, and I am very aware of what they are capable of. I don't like making comparisons, but this year's Rio Hondo team looks a lot like our '94 team. Don't let anyone tell you any different. That team went up against the all powerful Cuero and won (technically tied, but won on penetrations 5-3). This one year after being buried by the same Cuero team. I've seen it argued that Port Isabel had an entire year to prepare for the Cuero matchup, but I say that is ridiculous. They prepared for the teams that they were playing each week. Only until they knew they were playing Cuero again, did they begind preparing for them. Rio Hondo can pull this off. They just have to set their minds to it and go out and do it.

---

Just to put things in perspective...I hope and wish that RH will experience that feeling of knocking off the Goliath like PI did in '94. Everyone had written off the Tarpons...CH4, CH5, and the newspapers. Very similar to the situation that the Bobcats are now in. As long as you beleive in yourselves and know that after all is said and done you gave it your all, then nothing else matters...so good luck this Friday and don't worry about all these petty detractors and naysayers.

---

Some interesting numbers have been put up on another thread. If you look close enough at the stats, Rio Hondo compares very closely to Cuero. The teams have pretty much the same win to loss ratio, the yardage given up is pretty much the same, and Rio Hondo has the advantage in points scored and points allowed. All of a sudden, Cuero is looking a little vulnerable. Rio Hondo, just put your head down and go full speed ahead. We're behind you all the way. Go Bobcats!

(Side note from Gobbla2001: that is because those stats are about three weeks old compared to your updated ones... but hell, can't blame you guys for not knowing stats of a team 200 miles away)

---

just bringing that conversation here because I'm a supporter of the 3adownlow.com (and am practicing a different brand of thread piracy... I take it and hide it somewhere else, like treasure arghhh) [/B]

Hey Gobbla2001 so what would you think if RH did pull out the win. Would you root for them to win it all? It's just a serious question so don't think I am trying to put the Gobblers down or anything.

piratebg
11-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I have never been to that site until today, and those PI and RH posters are cracking me up with there perceptions of OG and Cuero. Oh well, I say let them have their fun for now and we'll see how the games play out this weekend.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I have never been to that site until today, and those PI and RH posters are cracking me up with there perceptions of OG and Cuero. Oh well, I say let them have their fun for now and we'll see how the games play out this weekend.

well what's funny is when everyone's getting all pumped for Rio Hondo, and then all of the sudden PI and Rio Hondo fans are arguing, and then two PI fans are arguing with themselves about something 12/13 years ago (which is odd because no one from PI EVER talks about anything that happened 12/13 years ago... and it's just a joke PI folk)...

and to answer your question, '99... yes, I'd go for Rio Hondo, minus the RIO, just Hondo, the Owls...

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I say let them have their fun isn't that what it's all about?? Everyone wants to believe in their team - why should they be any different??

cjeffsjeep
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
TUFL
Heisman Winner
Member # 976

Member Rated:
4 Icon 1 posted 11-17-2006 11:17 PM Profile for TUFL Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

Posts: 781 | From: BROWNSVILLE | Registered: Sep 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

LOL too funny

Cats Fan
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
if you guys actually read the whole thing then you guys would see that its just an argument between PI and RH while the RH posters are trying to support their team.

All of us respect Cuero, if you guys would read, and just because you guys come in to the game ranked #1 does not mean we are going to lay down and take a beating.

Im sure all of you know what Cuero is capable of, you guys respect them and you all predict them to win...well, just you guys, we believe that RH can pull off an upset come friday night. Keep looking towards the next round, let us do our trash talking amongst ourselves, but the reality is, come friday night the best team will walk off the field with the W. If its Cuero, fine, but if its RH it would be even better.

Till then, say what you guys want to say and we'll continue to say what we want to say!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
LOL

Yeah, I post on there, and yes I played on PI's 1994 team that knocked off The Finleys and the rest of UT Cuero that year. (Yes, we were referring to you guys as UT Cuero)

I'm not sure why the PI and RH fans keep bickering even after the game is over and done with. New rivalry maybe, who knows. I don't participate in any of the arguments, I usually just type :popcorn: sit back and watch the show. LOL

44INAROW
11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Believe me, The Gobblers are not overlooking Rio Hondo - no way, shape or form - in fact - They'll be doing their regular practice on Thursday - preparing for a hard fought battle and hoping to win (just like every other team hopes to win)

Safe travels to all to the Sparkling City by the Sea :)

GO MEAN GREEN

gobbler grad
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Believe me, The Gobblers are not overlooking Rio Hondo - no way, shape or form - in fact - They'll be doing their regular practice on Thursday - preparing for a hard fought battle and hoping to win (just like every other team hopes to win)

Safe travels to all to the Sparkling City by the Sea :)

GO MEAN GREEN

and you say the game starts at 7:00 instead of 7:30...:confused:

44INAROW
11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
and you say the game starts at 7:00 instead of 7:30...:confused:

that's what #10, #5 and #20 told me..

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
:thinking: this is making it hard to pick from EE vs PLC or this game:mad: in which to see.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:thinking: this is making it hard to pick from EE vs PLC or this game:mad: in which to see. I've already made my decision.

I will go to the PLC/EE game for 1 1/2 qtr and then drive to Alice for the PI/OG game. :nerd:

I'll meet up w/ my Cuero buddies next week. ;)

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by cjeffsjeep
TUFL
Heisman Winner
Member # 976

Member Rated:
4 Icon 1 posted 11-17-2006 11:17 PM Profile for TUFL Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

Posts: 781 | From: BROWNSVILLE | Registered: Sep 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

LOL too funny

Funny, I never recieved a college education while being at U of Cuero.

footballgal
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've already made my decision.

I will go to the PLC/EE game for 1 1/2 qtr and then drive to Alice for the PI/OG game. :nerd:

I'll meet up w/ my Cuero buddies next week. ;)

Hope to see ya there Rita, you got my number! :)

maroogreen
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM

#The biblical story of David and Goliath is well-known. Goliath stood more
than 9 feet tall and was so powerful that his spear weighed 125 pounds. .. [David] taking only his staff and sling, he ran to meet the
giant. Removing one stone, he placed it in his sling and threw it, striking
Goliath in the forehead and killing him.

First of all, I didn't know we'd be mentioning my husband in this thread, big strong hunk of man that he is (who, BTW, is actually named Liath--as in "Go Liath! Go Liath!"--not Goliath as the History Book has misidentified him...).

But, as they say, history is written by the winners, which does not mean it is always 100% accurate. Liath did not die in that battle, he was just weak from staying too long at a Party in the Pasture the night before. That David kid just got off a lucky shot. But sometimes that's all it takes.

But Liath is no dummy. He's learned his lesson. By Thursday night, he'll be carb loading and going to bed early, and he'll be ready to take on David's neighbor, that Hondo boy from up the street. If I were Hondo, I wouldn't be listening to that David kid and picking up rocks. Liath is feeling hungry...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
First of all, I didn't know we'd be mentioning my husband in this thread, big strong hunk of man that he is (who, BTW, is actually named Liath--as in "Go Liath! Go Liath!"--not Goliath as the History Book has misidentified him...).

But, as they say, history is written by the winners, which does not mean it is always 100% accurate. Liath did not die in that battle, he was just weak from staying too long at a Party in the Pasture the night before. That David kid just got off a lucky shot. But sometimes that's all it takes.

But Liath is no dummy. He's learned his lesson. By Thursday night, he'll be carb loading and going to bed early, and he'll be ready to take on David's neighbor, that Hondo boy from up the street. If I were Hondo, I wouldn't be listening to that David kid and picking up rocks. Liath is feeling hungry...

ha, you're crazy...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I wouldn't expect anything else from fans whose teams are still in the playoffs... you have fun, you get on and talk about your team etc... I don't have a problem with anything said over there really... Just because we're ranked #1 doesn't mean we can't have fun with it too, right???

The only thing I don't like about that thread is that no one has gone over there to correct the guy who said Cuero runs up the scores...

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I wouldn't expect anything else from fans whose teams are still in the playoffs... you have fun, you get on and talk about your team etc... I don't have a problem with anything said over there really... Just because we're ranked #1 doesn't mean we can't have fun with it too, right???

The only thing I don't like about that thread is that no one has gone over there to correct the guy who said Cuero runs up the scores...

i tried to register, but they no likey hotmail. I dont feel like using any other email

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
i tried to register, but they no likey hotmail. I dont feel like using any other email

well they want an ISP addy or something I believe... they won't take my ISP name I'm pretty sure, I know this board won't...

JT44
11-21-2006, 04:51 PM
It's hard to compare the 94 Cuero team to this one. I know it's mostly PI posters on that other board bringing it up to get the RH fans pumped up.
Two different teams and most importantly Coaching Staffs
Only two coaches remain from that 94 staff and they have been around since the 70's. These gobblers know what to expect, they've heard all about the 94 team, some of them had brothers,uncles,and cousins on that team. So they won't overlood RH.
The coaching staff in 94 relied too heavily on the legs of Finley and L.Jenkins, they were a running team. the offense became stagnant and as great of a qb Finley was, he doesn't have a Noack arm.
The 06 Gobblers are a balanced team that can rely on either the pass or run. Unlike in the regular season, the coaches will be going all out with play calling to try to shut the door early on any hopes of an upset.
To some, Cuero may have average margins of victory, but the coaches and players of the other teams know they got their butts handed to 'em.
I also heard RH is a very physical run team, Cuero will play with you that way, they can't be a better run team than LH

Cats Fan
11-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Rio Hondo is not a one dimensional team...they are in fact far from it. They might not have the size or the speed of Cuero, but they have heart. They are true underdogs, and have already made some history in RH. Till now Cuero is the game of their lives, but they are not backing down from the challenge. Expect RH to come out swinging with all their weapons, they will not back down and will fight till the end.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Hope to see ya there Rita, you got my number! :) You betcha! :thumbsup: See you there! :)

elgatonegro67
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Finally i am allowed to post.... well first off Gobbler fan those qoutes you got from the other forum that you claimed where from me are all wrong i posted the first one and thats it so if your gonna qoute me do it right.....next just like your user name says GOBBLER FAN well i am a BOBCAT FAN so you shouldnt get offended or whatever it is you felt because i was posting my opinion....everyone has told us all year long that our schedule is weak and all i was posting was that your alls schedule wasnt any better

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:18 PM

As long as you know it isn't true, what does it matter? You'll never make them believe it, but I'm sure you'd have fun trying!! :D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:21 PM
As long as you know it isn't true, what does it matter? You'll never make them believe it, but I'm sure you'd have fun trying!! :D

If someone said it about Sinton, and you didn't have the email address to defend it, you'd think the same thing I'm thinking right now... and don't say you wouldn't :D

Running up the scores is considered bad by about 99% of Texas High School Football fans, it is a bad trademark of a team and their coaching staff, I want to defend our team and our coaching staff...

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
If someone said it about Sinton, and you didn't have the email address to defend it, you'd think the same thing I'm thinking right now... and don't say you wouldn't :D

Running up the scores is considered bad by about 99% of Texas High School Football fans, it is a bad trademark of a team and their coaching staff, I want to defend our team and our coaching staff...

I guess I fall in the 1% :devil: I've said it before you are playing football there is no room for hurt feelings over Team A scoring 50 more points than you. I mean if that were the case, I'd be pissing & moaning about our half time score and your 1st string still being out there in the 3rd qtr. ;) :D

But I hear ya. I think I'm registered there. I'll PM you my username & password if you feel that strongly about it. :thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I guess I fall in the 1% :devil: I've said it before you are playing football there is no room for hurt feelings over Team A scoring 50 more points than you. I mean if that were the case, I'd be pissing & moaning about our half time score and your 1st string still being out there in the 3rd qtr. ;) :D

But I hear ya. I think I'm registered there. I'll PM you my username & password if you feel that strongly about it. :thumbsup:

Running up the score isn't having your starters in there in the third QT really... it's having your starters in there in the last half of the 4th QT trying to score... airing it out, keeping your best RB in there... trying to rub it in...

but nah, most of them are over here reading now so it's cool ha

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
They're now linking this thread over there... awesome

More:

--

I too just finished ready the 3Adownlow. Man how funny. They have no Idea whats coming to them. 32-3a his here to stay. P.I has had this door cracked open.......this year P.I RIO HONDO LAFERIA are looking to break the Door down.

--

YEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWW

Oh, and More:

--

One of their sigs:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/turkey_running.gif

--

glad everyone's having fun

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Running up the score isn't having your starters in there in the third QT really... it's having your starters in there in the last half of the 4th QT trying to score... airing it out, keeping your best RB in there... trying to rub it in...

We'll just agree to disagree on this, okay? :kiss: :)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:31 PM
More:

--

i support rio hondo if robbie mesa is healthy they will win

--

what happened to the mesa guy? hope he's healthy for the game...

luvhoops34
11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I enjoy reading RGVsport.com. But they are truly in a time wrap down there in the tragic valley.

elgatonegro67
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
he got hurt in the pi game....he got cleared to play but i dunno how healthy he really is

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by elgatonegro67
he got hurt in the pi game....he got cleared to play but i dunno how healthy he really is

how big of an impact is he anyway???

I like it when teams play at full strength... luckily Cuero has all of their starters back minus the one out for the season...

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JT44
To some, Cuero may have average margins of victory, but the coaches and players of the other teams know they got their butts handed to 'em.
Not all of them know that. :p

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Can one of us say something without one of your one-liners please??? :p

elgatonegro67
11-21-2006, 05:41 PM

well someone posted on here RH's stats which showed we ran more than passed and well in the beginning he was used alot (he is the RB) but after he got hurt we got more balanced and had some backup rb's step up but now that he is back i have no idea how they will play ball hopefully they stay balanced

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Can one of us say something without one of your one-liners please??? :p
Sure, as long as "we're" not lumped into that butt-handing thingy. :p ;)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
BTW LHPM - Did that guy for the Statesman ever get back with you? did he do that article?

And y'all weren't in the butt-handing thing, that's silly...

carter08
11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not saying John Curtis would beat Cuero, but i think Curtis would score more points

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
BTW LHPM - Did that guy for the Statesman ever get back with you? did he do that article?

And y'all were in the butt-handing thing, that's silly...
No, he didn't. :( I'll email him in the next few days and check on it. I know he had to get an okay from his editor.

:weeping: :weeping: :( Say it isn't so.... ;)

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM

And y'all were in the butt-handing thing, that's silly...

Did you mean weren't?? :thinking:

I don't think they had their butts handed to them, far from it.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
No, he didn't. :( I'll email him in the next few days and check on it. I know he had to get an okay from his editor.

:weeping: :weeping: :( Say it isn't so.... ;)

I did mean to say "weren't" ha

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Did you mean weren't?? :thinking:

I don't think they had their butts handed to them, far from it.

I did mean weren't...

get off my rear damn...

footballgal
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM

Mesa is the district leading rusher, with 1300+ don't know the exact number. Against PI, I think it actually helped them, because they were forced, to use 2 of their RB backups, who ended up playing well for them and carried them through the thrashing of LF and the playoff win against Raymondville. I think it actually made them better, otherwise you would key on Mesa and Garza, (QB) IMO they became less perdictable. Mesa is a tough runner who plays with alot of heart too, kept coming in after injury to try to play, despite the injury. They also have a nifty recievers, a soph also played real well, the kid has real good hands.

Bull Butter
11-21-2006, 05:54 PM

Unfortunately, Rio Hondo is into the "Running up the score" thing.
The 46-7 lead they had over Brownsville St. Joseph wasn't enough, so their starting QB had to throw another TD pass with 31 seconds left in the game.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I did mean weren't...

get off my rear damn...

I'm just messin' with ya Ted. ;) Jeez .....

JT44
11-21-2006, 05:57 PM
true, a 3 pt win isn't much to know that
You guys were even more stubborn this year than the playoff game;)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Unfortunately, Rio Hondo is into the "Running up the score" thing.
The 46-7 lead they had over Brownsville St. Joseph wasn't enough, so their starting QB had to throw another TD pass with 31 seconds left in the game.

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a back-up unit throw some passes that late... but starters, yah, glad he didn't get hurt...

Bull Butter
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
A team that is up by 39 in the final minute of a game does not need to be throwing the ball. Back-ups or not.

That is total lack of class:mad:

elgatonegro67
11-21-2006, 06:09 PM
if its the backups vs the first string defense then its not the fault of the 2nd string if the the first team defense can not stop them

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
A team that is up by 39 in the final minute of a game does not need to be throwing the ball. Back-ups or not.

That is total lack of class:mad:

Ya, I'll agree with you there.... the final minute is pretty much a run and a knee... but I wouldn't be as mad if they did pass with second/third stringers, those second and third stringers don't work their rears off all week during practice just to look pretty on the sideline and run dives for one drive while the clock is juiced... I like to see everyone have some fun (maybe that because I was a bench-warmer :thinking: :D)

Johnny 5
11-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Okay . . .

1.) At the St Joe game, St Joe was playing dirty like you would not believe. RH sent in the first string to get back at all the crap they were getting away with. Don't diss something that you did not witness first hand.

2.) Mesa is RH's RB. He had a pulled knee ligament. He is a powerful runner, and was relied on most of the season. WHen he was injured, it helped RH immensly. The two back ups stepped it up alot, and we went to a more balanced offense, utilizing the pass more. He should be 100%. He had 1425 yards in 8 games with 25 TD's. Aaron Garza is the QB and had more or less 800 yards passing and 800 yards rushing with 16 TD's. The recievers are Shane Eizember and Joseph Vela. Vela was the one mentioned earlier in this thread (the sophomore.).

3.) The stats that I posted over there were from The Victoria Advocate, which someone from this forum pointed me to to get their stats. I mentioned in the stats that The Advocate was missing the Palacios game stats, which throws off the totals a bit, but not really the averages. If you are going to quote, at least give the whole quote and not what makes you look good.

4.) Cuero is a beatable team. I do not see this as David and Goliath, just two really good teams going up against each other. This one is a toss up, in my eyes. It will go down to who makes the least mistakes.

5.) So what if RH fans think highly of their team? So what if trash is talked and support is given? So what if comparisons are made to past teams.? It is only a comparison, and the point was to show that Cuero is beatable, as most people are writing RH off as losing 52-0, 65-0, etc.

6.) I agree, it does not look like Cuero runs up the score. I would like to enter here, though, that neither does RH. The St. Joe game was already mentioned above. The Progreso game, even our 2nd and 3rd stringers were scoring. RH pulled it starters in most games midway through the 3rd or earlier.

7.) If you do not want to beat a dead horse, change the Mascot. Is it our fault that the team is the Gobblers? Is it PI's fault that opponents refer to their team as a feminie hygiene prodtuct? Is it Raymondville's fault that everyone teases them for spelling Kat with a "K?"

8.) If you want to register at RGVSports.com, use a netzero account, it is free.

9.)

Do you deny this? And saying those teams could give RH a run for their money is like saying that the teams on RH's schedule would do the same.

10.) Once again, thos stats are AFTER the last district game. Palacios was not added in the stats, as they were not on the site, and it was duely noted. If you are going to quote, at least give the whole . . . not just what makes you look good.

11.)

See number 10, and even with the updated stats, the teams are still pretty much equal, the only major diffeernce being Cuero has alot more passing yrads than RH. Other than that, they are simlar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Does anyone have the stats for the Cuero/Palacios game so that they may be edited in?

44INAROW
11-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Okay . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Does anyone have the stats for the Cuero/Palacios game so that they may be edited in?

the breakdown of the stats for the Palacios game are on THSCA Pressbox -
Passing - 12/15 for 190 yards 3 TD
Rushing - 153 yards for 3 TD

GreenMachine
11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry, but IMHO, this game is not a toss up. I am not saying that RH can't win, but if they did, it would be an UPSET :eek:

Johnny 5
11-21-2006, 10:34 PM
the breakdown of the stats for the Palacios game are on THSCA Pressbox -
Passing - 12/15 for 190 yards 3 TD
Rushing - 153 yards for 3 TD

Thank you.

Originally posted by GreenMachine
Sorry, but IMHO, this game is not a toss up. I am not saying that RH can't win, but if they did, it would be an UPSET :eek:

How do you say that when the teams are more or less equal?

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Call me an ass, but I have no problem seeing a bunch of backups throwing the ball around late in a game. They bleed and sweat just as much as the starters do during the week. I say let 'em leave some of those stains out on the field on Friday night.

elgatonegro67
11-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Call me an ass, but I have no problem seeing a bunch of backups throwing the ball around late in a game. They bleed and sweat just as much as the starters do during the week. I say let 'em leave some of those stains out on the field on Friday night.

i agree with you russ the backups work just as hard as the starters to get no real game time action....it also gets to show the coaches what they have to work with incase someone gets hurt (hoping it dont happen but its a part of the game) or fails

IHS Fan
11-21-2006, 10:56 PM
i honestly think that cueros 2nd and 3rd string teams would make the playoff in most districts.

wooden bear
11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Thank you.

Sorry buddy these teams are not equal. I agree its not impossible for RH to win but they are not equal. Come on, they are a Vally team.

Bull Butter
11-21-2006, 11:19 PM
I can remember a few occasions where a "vally" team was the last one left standing in Region IV.

wooden bear
11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok a few, I can remember every other time where they werent.

Bull Butter
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
You have the exact same attitude Cuero people had in 1994. Hope basketball season was good that year.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Sorry buddy these teams are not equal. I agree its not impossible for RH to win but they are not equal. Come on, they are a Vally team.

That is not an answer. That is a pathetic excuse as a put down. Get over yourself and give me an answer.

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Ok RH is not equal to Cuero.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Ok RH is not equal to Cuero.

How do you come to that conclusion? Quit beating around the bush.

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Cause Cuero is AMAZING RH is NOT

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 12:57 AM
what AMAZING team did cuero beat this year???

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Not their fault that they havent played anyone. Doesnt mean they are not good. This isnt the bcs it doesnt matter. What about RH? who the heck have they played?

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Not their fault that they havent played anyone. Doesnt mean they are not good. This isnt the bcs it doesnt matter. What about RH? who the heck have they played?

i never said they werent good i just asked what makes them amazing??? if it doesnt matter then how can you be so confident that they are amazing......why because they are undefeated??? 4 of the 5 teams in our district are playoff worthy so they have to battle it out....who in your district finished over .500??? i will answer that one for you NOT ONE

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey we will see come Friday.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Cause Cuero is AMAZING RH is NOT

How about something tangible, instead of your skewed opinion?

How about stats?

RH

Offense: 4013-401.3ypg

Defense: 1859-185.9ypg

PF 459
PA 83

Cuero

Offense: 4212-421.2ypg

Defense: 2077-207.7ypg

PF 415
PA 121

Cuero has 199 more yards total than RH, which equals 19.9 ypg. Advantage=Cuero

Cuero allowed 218 more yards than RH, which equals 21.8 ypg.
Advantage=RH

Rio Hondo had 44 more points for than Cuero did, which is 4.4 points more per game.
Advantage=RH

Rio Hondo allowed 38 less points tan Cuero did, which is 3.8 points per game.
Advantage=RH

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Cueros starters have yet to play a entire game so that is the dumbest post you could have made. I dont give a crap about those stats. Cuero has better plalyers, better program, better tradition, better coach, better everything. This game is over.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
i never said they werent good i just asked what makes them amazing??? if it doesnt matter then how can you be so confident that they are amazing......why because they are undefeated??? 4 of the 5 teams in our district are playoff worthy so they have to battle it out....who in your district finished over .500??? i will answer that one for you NOT ONE

Heh . . .32-3A had one team out of five finish under .500. 29-3A had one team out of five finish over .500

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Once again it does not freakin matter. You cant tell me RH is a better football than Cuero

Johnny 5
Cueros starters have yet to play a entire game so that is the dumbest post you could have made. I dont give a crap about those stats. Cuero has better plalyers, better program, better tradition, better coach, better everything. This game is over.

RH's starters have only played one full game. Most games they are taken out after the first series of the 3rd quarter.

If Cuero has better players than why are the stats not better than RH's? The schedules were about the same.

The rest is intangible, and therefore, irrelevent.

What else you got?

elgatonegro67
Heh . . .32-3A had one team out of five finish under .500. 29-3A had one team out of five finish over .500

my bad i ment what team other than cuero ok ...lol

pirate4state
Cueros starters have yet to play a entire game so that is the dumbest post you could have made. I dont give a crap about those stats. Cuero has better plalyers, better program, better tradition, better coach, better everything. This game is over. ROFL! :clap: Game over. :D Thanks for playing. HaHa

Cuero is just FAST!! Think of the fastest guy on the Rio Hondo team and the Cuero guys will beat him by 20 yards. I'm just saying. I did just watch them live, at full speed on Friday.

Good Luck to both teams!! :thumbsup:

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Once again it does not freakin matter. You cant tell me RH is a better football than Cuero

DId I say better? Nope. Quit putting words in my mouth. I said that they are close to equal.

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:13 AM
ROFL! :clap: Game over. :D Thanks for playing. HaHa

Cuero is just FAST!! Think of the fastest guy on the Rio Hondo team and the Cuero guys will beat him by 20 yards. I'm just saying. I did just watch them live, at full speed on Friday.

You like that one huh

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:14 AM
ROFL! :clap: Game over. :D Thanks for playing. HaHa

????

Let them be fast . . . it just means they hit the grass harder :thinking:

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 01:17 AM
????

Let them be fast . . . it just means they hit the grass harder :thinking:

Someone asked what made them amazing. I think their overall SPEED is amazing. Jaw dropping in fact. I like your reply though!! :thumbsup: I've seen highlights of the RH defense. Hope you guys do well!! :)

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Someone asked what made them amazing. I think their overall SPEED is amazing. Jaw dropping in fact. I like your reply though!! :thumbsup: I've seen highlights of the RH defense. Hope you guys do well!! :)

:D

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:31 AM
I cant wait to get on here and tell you I told you so.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:36 AM

If you have to, so be it. The game was played, and the best team will go on.

But you have yet to answer my question.

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:42 AM
what is that?

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:52 AM
How are the teams not close to being equal, and how is Cuero AMAZING?

I am going to bed now. Have to be up in 4 hrs. Nighty Night.

carter08
11-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Cuero is way better. They will win

NewYorkYankee
11-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Cuero will be in for a fight no doubt,this WILL NOT be an easy task for the Gobblers,playing against RH the Gobblers will face a very hostile environment...it WILL get intense...But speed kills and Cuero's got it....

Cuero 35
Rh 21

NewYorkYankee
11-22-2006, 02:14 AM

Pictures can say a thousand words:D

http://www.bobfromaccounting.com/Photos/headnass.jpg

Highschoolfan78
11-22-2006, 05:05 AM
what AMAZING team did cuero beat this year???

Liberty Hill... if you would have seen them, you'd think they are amazing.

As far as the claim for our district's records, i wouldn't put the tag that your district is better. For instance here are some tough teams yoakum played:

La Grange- had a impressive year, but was knocked out first round.

Calhoun -surpisingly awesome 4a school this year that is still in the playoffs.
Schulenburg- Mickey Finley's first year building a traditionally sound football program in 2a football.

Gonazels's schedule tough teams consisted of:

Hutto
Luling
Rockdale
Lagrange
LaVernia
and Ingleside

5 of those 6 teams made playoffs.
Ingleside struggled with them in the first round. Lagrange played a tough first round and lost. Luling barely lost to llano in the first round.

My point is, our district isn't as weak as you think. Those two teams are the other two playoff teams and both played very tough preseason matchups, resulting in bad records.

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Okay . . .

1.) At the St Joe game, St Joe was playing dirty like you would not believe. RH sent in the first string to get back at all the crap they were getting away with. Don't diss something that you did not witness first hand.

8.) If you want to register at RGVSports.com, use a netzero account, it is free.

See number 10, and even with the updated stats, the teams are still pretty much equal, the only major diffeernce being Cuero has alot more passing yrads than RH. Other than that, they are simlar.
In response in point #1:
Oh, well now that makes all the difference in the world - real classy decision - that's the school teacher coming out of me - so, let me get this right two wrongs do make a right?

In response to point #8:
No thanks, I'm a loyal downlow poster, and don't particularly like all the offensive crud on other boards.

And in response to "see number 10":
I have to disagree with you here, and you'll see why as the game is played out. Similar stats from teams who have not played similar opponents does not make them similar teams.

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 07:51 AM

Here's how: The teams are not more equal - they are less equal.

CueroDad2006
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
would you care to lay some money down on your RH team? I'll even give you 3 TD's..........This trash talk will all end if your game....We can meet before and after game?

Okay . . .

2.) Mesa is RH's RB. He had a pulled knee ligament. He is a powerful runner, and was relied on most of the season. WHen he was injured, it helped RH immensly. The two back ups stepped it up alot, and we went to a more balanced offense, utilizing the pass more. He should be 100%. He had 1425 yards in 8 games with 25 TD's. Aaron Garza is the QB and had more or less 800 yards passing and 800 yards rushing with 16 TD's. The recievers are Shane Eizember and Joseph Vela. Vela was the one mentioned earlier in this thread (the sophomore.).

3.) The stats that I posted over there were from The Victoria Advocate, which someone from this forum pointed me to to get their stats. I mentioned in the stats that The Advocate was missing the Palacios game stats, which throws off the totals a bit, but not really the averages. If you are going to quote, at least give the whole quote and not what makes you look good.

4.) Cuero is a beatable team. I do not see this as David and Goliath, just two really good teams going up against each other. This one is a toss up, in my eyes. It will go down to who makes the least mistakes.

5.) So what if RH fans think highly of their team? So what if trash is talked and support is given? So what if comparisons are made to past teams.? It is only a comparison, and the point was to show that Cuero is beatable, as most people are writing RH off as losing 52-0, 65-0, etc.

6.) I agree, it does not look like Cuero runs up the score. I would like to enter here, though, that neither does RH. The St. Joe game was already mentioned above. The Progreso game, even our 2nd and 3rd stringers were scoring. RH pulled it starters in most games midway through the 3rd or earlier.

7.) If you do not want to beat a dead horse, change the Mascot. Is it our fault that the team is the Gobblers? Is it PI's fault that opponents refer to their team as a feminie hygiene prodtuct? Is it Raymondville's fault that everyone teases them for spelling Kat with a "K?"

9.)

Do you deny this? And saying those teams could give RH a run for their money is like saying that the teams on RH's schedule would do the same.

10.) Once again, thos stats are AFTER the last district game. Palacios was not added in the stats, as they were not on the site, and it was duely noted. If you are going to quote, at least give the whole . . . not just what makes you look good.

11.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Does anyone have the stats for the Cuero/Palacios game so that they may be edited in? [/QUOTE]

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I say the team who wins will do so by 7 points...

We've all played different teams, some may have won more than the others etc... but it doesn't matter...

Let's all have a safe trip to the Sparkling City place and back and Go Gobblers...

99IHSMustang
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM

Why would you do that for? :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with another fan supporting his team and believing they can win. It would just show how immature and childish you are. Act like you've been there and congratulate the other team on there success this season even though it has ended.

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny 5
[B]Okay . . .

Oh, well now that makes all the difference in the world - real classy decision - that's the school teacher coming out of me - so, let me get this right two wrongs do make a right?

No thanks, I'm a loyal downlow poster, where it usually stays clean.

See number 10, and even

Gobbler Fan
11-22-2006, 09:06 AM
You're to kind Gobbla ......I'll stick to my prediction of Cuero by 21+

99IHSMustang
11-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Why would you do that for? :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with another fan supporting his team and believing they can win. It would just show how immature and childish you are. (This goes for either team) Act like you've been there and congratulate the other team on there success this season even though it has ended.

Corn Cob
11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I hate to get those Rio Hondo fans all fired up, but this one won't even be close. I say Cuero by 30-40 points!

footballgal
11-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
I hate to get those Rio Hondo fans all fired up, but this one won't even be close. I say Cuero by 30-40 points!

RH fans can get loud, but Tarpon fans, are still louder. :D

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
RH fans can get loud, but Tarpon fans, are still louder. :D Yes, yes they are. Now, where are my ear plugs. :D

Ranger Mom
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Alright...ASS!!!! I agree with everything you said. I just wanted to call you that!!:kiss:

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
In response in point #1:

In response to point #8:
No thanks, I'm a loyal downlow poster, and don't particularly like all the offensive crud on other boards.

And in response to "see number 10":
I have to disagree with you here, and you'll see why as the game is played out. Similar stats from teams who have not played similar opponents does not make them similar teams.

1.) It shows them not to mess with you. And what is the difference who played? The other team is there to stop us. If they can't, no matter who is playing when, that is their problem. Class is intangible and is all relative.

8.) Then this one obviously wasn't for you. There were some people on this thread saying they tried to join, but couldn't because of their email address. I was trying to help them out. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Corn Cob

We will see Friday night.

You're to kind Gobbla ......I'll stick to my prediction of Cuero by 21+

Not to kind. It is called realistic.

The teams have similar stats against similar teams. And if you do not comapre stats . . . how else can you compare teams?

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM

The teams have similar stats against similare teams.

I just want to know how any of us know that the teams Rio Hondo and Cuero played are similar...

The teams Rio Hondo played could maybe beat the crap out of the ones Cuero played... but maybe the teams Cuero played could beat the crap out of the teams Rio Hondo played...

We just do not know, and stats don't show everything...

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I just want to know how any of us know that the teams Rio Hondo and Cuero played are similar...

The teams Rio Hondo played could maybe beat the crap out of the ones Cuero played... but maybe the teams Cuero played could beat the crap out of the teams Rio Hondo played...

We just do not know, and stats don't show everything...

You are correct in all of the above. No one can really know, but it is the basically all we have to go on.

As for stats, yoiu are correct. They do not show everything, but that is all you can really use to compare teams. It is not everything, just something to help.

44INAROW
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow - this has been an interesting thread - gotta love the playoffs - Stats can be argued for and against - hard to compare apples to apples when apples play oranges and vice versa. The one interesting fact about the Cuero stats, is the balance of the running game and the passing game. That is impressive -
Oh - and yes, the arguement - "Track speed has nothing to do with Football speed". Well, while I do agree there are some smoking fast track teams that have less than desirable football talent - that is not the issue with Cuero. The boys from Cuero holding up the Gold Medals in May at the State Track Meet are the same ones running up and down the field on Friday nights (minus the one that graduated of course) Coincedence, I don't think so.
Like I said, will we win? Only time will tell. I make no prediction, but I'll stick by the Cuero Gobblers all the way.........

GO MEAN GREEN

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I will give you that . . . except you last comment.

RH all the way.

Oh, and to the one who wanted to bet.

1.) AGainst the law

2.) I am not a betting man. Never have been.

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 10:49 AM
[i]The teams have similar stats against similar teams. And if you do not comapre stats . . . how else can you compare teams? [/B]

You let them play each other Friday Night at Buc Stadium thats how you compare them.

See you in CC on Friday.:D

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
You let them play each other Friday Night at Buc Stadium thats how you compare them.

See you in CC on Friday.:D

I mean before the game

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I mean before the game

You can use those stats to compare both teams but that's like comparing apples to oranges, in other words too many variables, not many constants.

What will your comparison yield you .... lots of trash talk and opinions... not anything conclusive... that is why the game is played.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 10:57 AM
So the forums are pontless then, so why are we arguing?

To support our respective teams.

TAMUGRAD
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
So the forums are pontless then, so why are we arguing?

To support our respective teams.

Yes, now you get it. To support your team.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
So your point is?

JT44
11-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I like all this trash talking......
Right now RH sees a team that they think they can go out and beat, that will change after they are left in the dust of #23 td runs and watching #6 and #9's back catching a ball in the endzone.....40 yds away from your db's

Going back to who Cuero played.....LH, Lavernia, and Bandera would probably give RH a run for their money.

The defensive rushing yds are skewed b/c of the LH game. I doubt any team can stop them for less than 300

So I dont think the gobblers really care about RH's running game b/c they have played the two of the best rushing teams in the state the last two years and have vastly improved. (LH twice and
Hutto once.) They may give up some yards, but it will be hard for a team this side of LH to march 80 yds on them and score.

JT44
11-22-2006, 12:33 PM
and don't think that the Cuero stand won't be packed

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 01:22 PM
and don't think that the Cuero stand won't be packed

Who said it won't?

I like all this trash talking......
Right now RH sees a team that they think they can go out and beat, that will change after they are left in the dust of #23 td runs and watching #6 and #9's back catching a ball in the endzone.....40 yds away from your db's

Going back to who Cuero played.....LH, Lavernia, and Bandera would probably give RH a run for their money.

The defensive rushing yds are skewed b/c of the LH game. I doubt any team can stop them for less than 300

So I dont think the gobblers really care about RH's running game b/c they have played the two of the best rushing teams in the state the last two years and have vastly improved. (LH twice and
Hutto once.) They may give up some yards, but it will be hard for a team this side of LH to march 80 yds on them and score.

And some of the teams RH played probably would've given Cuero a run for their money. Who's to tell? It never happened. Both schedules are weak.

The D yards are skewed because of a game? lol. The D yards are skewed because Cuero gave up those yards. There is nothing skewed about them. And Port Isabel and La Feria put up 350+ yards on RH, and RH is still at 190 ypg allowed.

I guarantee you the Gobblers care. If they did not care, they would not be practising tomorrow. Vastly improved? I do not see how 300+ rushing is vastly improved. That is not good. And you are also forgetting about RH's passing game as well. 4 teams have put triple digits in the passing column on Cuero, with 3 of those 4 being over 200 yards. 5 teams put triple digits in the rush column, with one being over 300. RH is not one dimensional, as is most of the teams that Cuero played.

If you think RH is just going to roll over and play dead, you are wrong. The kids are in it to win it. It will be a close game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Different week than last week, Cuero had already played Sinton before and know each other. This week its basically a unkown for most people from the valley as they havent seen Cuero before and Cuero hasnt seen RH. Makes for good trash talk as both believe that their team can win. I believe Cuero wins again with no problem 28-7 half and 41-7 final

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Vastly improved? I do not see how 300+ rushing is vastly improved. That is not good.
The fact that we average 440 rushing yds/game and were held to 312 says something about the Cuero D.

JT44
11-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Who said it won't?

And some of the teams RH played probably would've given Cuero a run for their money. Who's to tell? It never happened. Both schedules are weak.

The D yards are skewed because of a game? lol. The D yards are skewed because Cuero gave up those yards. There is nothing skewed about them. And Port Isabel and La Feria put up 350+ yards on RH, and RH is still at 190 ypg allowed.

I guarantee you the Gobblers care. If they did not care, they would not be practising tomorrow. Vastly improved? I do not see how 300+ rushing is vastly improved. That is not good. And you are also forgetting about RH's passing game as well. 4 teams have put triple digits in the passing column on Cuero, with 3 of those 4 being over 200 yards. 5 teams put triple digits in the rush column, with one being over 300. RH is not one dimensional, as is most of the teams that Cuero played.

If you think RH is just going to roll over and play dead, you are wrong. The kids are in it to win it. It will be a close game.

The gobbler defense was without three of it's starting db's for most of the season until district and a db returned after taking a year off b/c of injury, trust me RH will not pass at #20 more than once, hope the RH line will be able to protect the QB.
and the high passing yd games, I'm not looking at any stats right now but it was probably Bandera, LaVernia and Bay city. Bandera and LV were without the previously mentioned db's and Bay city is a passing team. One of the Bandera catches was 99 yds
See LHPmom's quote on our rushing D.

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
for people that say stats dont matter all i am reading about are stats....so make up your minds they either matter or they dont......or do they only matter if they are in favor of your respective teams??? my only argument with everyone against RH is whether we win or lose it will be close....alot of people are writing us off thinking we wont even score but if teams that werent even above .500 can atleast put 1 td on the scoreboard then its not impossible!!!

GO CATS PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT

wooden bear
11-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Stats dont matter. If they have a common opponent then you can go by them somewhat. So Johny 5 quit posting all these stupid stats that dont mean crap. Cuero wins by at least 21 and thats the only stat that im worried about.

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Stats dont matter. If they have a common opponent then you can go by them somewhat. So Johny 5 quit posting all these stupid stats that dont mean crap. Cuero wins by at least 21 and thats the only stat that im worried about.

its not just J5 read all the other posts its everyone....like it was said thats all we have to compare one another....i mean you stated last night that cuero is AMAZING we asked why ...you could have said anyting from their undefeated record to their balanced atack (stats are pretty much even) but all that falls under the stats category

44INAROW
11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
i mean you stated last night that cuero is AMAZING we asked why .

What I think is amazing is to be 11-0 - and have only a 20 yard difference in your passing and rushing offense. That is not saying Cuero is the best team to walk on a field, or Cuero will wipe the field with RH but it is saying - that is an amazing stat. typically, you have a powerhouse running offense with a stud going 1500 a year or something - or an awesome QB throwing 2800 yards a year - but this is both offenses doing equally well. that's what I meant when I posted what I posted.....
GO MEAN GREEN

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 02:18 PM
i agree with you not alot of teams can say they have 2000+ yds in both rushing and passing.......but everyone is saying you cant use stats and what not....but will you not agree that this is all we have to compare both teams with???

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
you could compare mascots..... lol

Gobbler vs. Bobcat

epic showdown, in my opinion

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

:p

sweetwater07
11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
i agree with you not alot of teams can say they have 2000+ yds in both rushing and passing.......but everyone is saying you cant use stats and what not....but will you not agree that this is all we have to compare both teams with???

we can.....SIIIIIIIKE

slyder
11-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Rio Hondo wouldn't even get close to liberty hill, they are a whole different talent level. port isabel caught cuero napping in 93 other than that valley teams are usually not as good as other teams. not being rude just stating a fact. name the last valley team to go to state in 3a.

44INAROW
11-22-2006, 02:23 PM
....but will you not agree that this is all we have to compare both teams with???

compare away :) I'll take Cuero's passing game :cool:

gobble_up03
11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
i guess there aren't any takers 44... but i think that our Gobbler is a lot more fierce looking than their Bobcat... lol ;)

GreenMachine
Dang, this thread has taken off since I last turned on the computer. OK, I think that if RH had played our schedule, they would have several more losses. I know some of the teams we played this year were down. Having said this, I think that RH would have lost to LH, Baycity, probably LaVernia and possibly Bandera. I still think that Cuero is too much for RH. No disrespect, just fact. I liked the comment on throwing at #20. Try it, and quite possibly he is running right back at you for a TD...ask Sinton. He is one of the best cover corners in 3a football.

44INAROW
Originally posted by gobble_up03
i guess there aren't any takers 44... but i think that our Gobbler is a lot more fierce looking than their Bobcat... lol ;)

oh well - I tried :)

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 02:40 PM
I liked the comment on throwing at #20. Try it, and quite possibly he is running right back at you for a TD...ask Sinton. He is one of the best cover corners in 3a football. Yeah, well I never liked that play anyway. ;) :p

elgatonegro67
11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=1033&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

sheesh atleast someone agrees with me (that the game will not be a blow out) lol......just scroll all the way down ....well unless you are interested in other teams all the 3A games are broken down there

Maroon87
11-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Damn, still on page three of about seven and it seems to me that Cuero is just a tool being used by both Rio Hondo and Port Isabel fans to argue amongst themselves with...

LEAVE CUERO OUT OF IT... ha

http://www.rgvsports.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006652;p=1

Calallen pops up over there in any thread related to Edcouch-Elsa.

Which is every other one.

footballgal
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by slyder
Rio Hondo wouldn't even get close to liberty hill, they are a whole different talent level. port isabel caught cuero napping in 93 other than that valley teams are usually not as good as other teams. not being rude just stating a fact. name the last valley team to go to state in 3a.

'94 Sir, '94, get it right Sir. :D

I have to support my fellow 32-AAA district foe. I hope it turns out to be a great game, for everyone present to enjoy. May the best team win.

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Dang, this thread has taken off since I last turned on the computer. OK, I think that if RH had played our schedule, they would have several more losses. I know some of the teams we played this year were down. Having said this, I think that RH would have lost to LH, Baycity, probably LaVernia and possibly Bandera. I still think that Cuero is too much for RH. No disrespect, just fact. I liked the comment on throwing at #20. Try it, and quite possibly he is running right back at you for a TD...ask Sinton. He is one of the best cover corners in 3a football.

Would've could've. That is what it comes down to. Stat wise, the teams are about equal. If we cannot compare stats, what else is there? Mascots? Cats eat birds.

#20? Well, the same could be said for RH's #5, and he is only a sophomore. Ask Raymondville.

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 05:34 PM
The best thing I can tell any of you is that before the season began, Coach Reeve said he didn't want Cuero peaking until bi-district of the playoffs... the last couple of years Cuero has peaked pretty early, leaving the boys spent come semi's and or state (and it doesn't help when you play the best teams in the state in those rounds)...

You could tell he was serious by the way Cuero played this year... VERY conservative and basic... towords the end of the season (last three games) you finally saw Cuero have about 3 or 4 plays a game that weren't so basic, as if they were gearing up...

What we saw last week was either the peak or the start of that peak, we finally saw the Cuero Gobblers we thought we'd see come bi-district...

For the first time I saw the coaches hyping up the kick-off team and the kick-off team excited as all hell to be out there (on the first kick-off the Sinton return man was met by 6 Gobblers at the 20 or so)... all season it had just been another part of the game, nothing to get too excited about...

Last week was just something else, and I hope it'll work against Rio Hondo because they seem like a very dangerous ball-club...

It's the playoffs now, we could mess around with those other teams in our district knowing we could still win, but here we are in the playoffs and I don't think they're gunna be messin' around... he held 'em back as much as he could and now he's lettin' 'em off of that leash... it's a sight to see and I hope we can see it next week, we just have to get by a good team in Rio Hondo...

manormustangs
11-22-2006, 05:36 PM
THIS WILL BE A BLOWOUT.......CUERO BY 30+

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Cats eat birds.

I was waiting for this one... cats do eat birds, but a bobcat will rarely kill a Turkey...

#1, there are plenty of squirrel and rabbit etc... out there...

#2, most turkeys do not travel alone... during the strut period you'll see a rogue Gobbler, but usually he atleast has one running-mate, which happens to be the Gobbler he'll hate when they stumble upon a single hen...

#3, Gobblers have these wicked things on the back of their legs (I guess it'd be on their ankle) called Spurs, most are about an inch long, they're like an ice-pick almost... humans won't even mess with a wild turkey that's alive because they'll tear your ass up pretty bad, esspecially if there are two or more turkeys... bobcats know of these Spurs and just won't screw with turkeys unless they're weak...

#4, how many dead turkeys do I see on the side of the road? Not many... Bobcats? enough to feed about 65 Gobblers... :p

all in good fun my furry neighbors to the South...

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 05:43 PM
, they're like an ice-pick almost

actually, they're like a crocodile's tooth, except ten times more sharp...

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 05:45 PM
The best thing I can tell any of you is that before the season began, Coach Reeve said he didn't want Cuero peaking until bi-district of the playoffs... the last couple of years Cuero has peaked pretty early, leaving the boys spent come semi's and or state (and it doesn't help when you play the best teams in the state in those rounds)...

You could tell he was serious by the way Cuero played this year... VERY conservative and basic... towords the end of the season (last three games) you finally saw Cuero have about 3 or 4 plays a game that weren't so basic, as if they were gearing up...

What we saw last week was either the peak or the start of that peak, we finally saw the Cuero Gobblers we thought we'd see come bi-district...

For the first time I saw the coaches hyping up the kick-off team and the kick-off team excited as all hell to be out there (on the first kick-off the Sinton return man was met by 6 Gobblers at the 20 or so)... all season it had just been another part of the game, nothing to get too excited about...

Last week was just something else, and I hope it'll work against Rio Hondo because they seem like a very dangerous ball-club...

It's the playoffs now, we could mess around with those other teams in our district knowing we could still win, but here we are in the playoffs and I don't think they're gunna be messin' around... he held 'em back as much as he could and now he's lettin' 'em off of that leash... it's a sight to see and I hope we can see it next week, we just have to get by a good team in Rio Hondo...

Same goes for RH :D

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Same goes for RH :D

then that'd be more proof that the stats coming into this game, minus last week's, are not a good way to compare both teams since they were playing conservative...

JT44
11-22-2006, 05:53 PM
The last three years I have seen no team able to consistently throw at #20 and #6 well, somebody please tell me a corner that has stayed with him. the only time he was ever
"held" down in a game was last year against Hutto and that's b/c our other receivers were hurt and they had Jeremy Kerley and another DB doubling him.
Likee 44inarow said, I will take our passing game anytime,
and the plays your scouts saw last week were the same thing we ran all year, nothing new, the same 10-15 plays
I can't wait till Friday....hope this really does turn out to be a good game

Does the RH faithful travel well?

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 05:57 PM
The last three years I have seen no team able to consistently throw at #20 and #6 well, somebody please tell me a corner that has stayed with him. the only time he was ever
"held" down in a game was last year against Hutto and that's b/c our other receivers were hurt and they had Jeremy Kerley and another DB doubling him.
Likee 44inarow said, I will take our passing game anytime,
and the plays your scouts saw last week were the same thing we ran all year, nothing new, the same 10-15 plays
I can't wait till Friday....hope this really does turn out to be a good game

Does the RH faithful travel well?

Yes they do, and I am pretty sure there will be San Benito and Harlingen fans there rooting on their neighbors! Last year against Orange grove, RH filled the home side of Javelina Stadium, and then some.

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Yes they do, and I am pretty sure there will be San Benito and Harlingen fans there rooting on their neighbors! Last year against Orange grove, RH filled the home side of Javelina Stadium, and then some.

I remember when San Benito played Smithson Valley in the Alamodome in '04... San Benito had almost double the fans that Smithson Valley had there, which is sad becuase Smithson Valley is so close to San Antonio...

Before that, Laredo-Nixon played San Antonio Taft and had more fans than Taft if I remember correctly...

Those fans were loud also... I remember San Benito getting a two yard gain on 3rd and 10 or so and their fans just went crazy (And I'm not kiddin')...

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the Valley always support each other come playoffs . . . but mid season it gets nasty. I think it is because the cities are so close together that the rivalries and percieved rivalries are intensified. But that all disappears come playoff time (for most teams).

pirate4state
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
:clap: I love the passion the valley team fans bring. :clap:

Those Tarpons are some of the LOUDEST fans ever!! :eek: :eek:

I remember those fans too Gobbla at the Alamodome. They were losing, but still cheering on their team!!! :thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
but mid season it gets nasty. I think it is because the cities are so close together that the rivalries and percieved rivalries are intensified.

Hell the teams are usually close in district here as well...

I just think every game down in the Valley is a playoff game for them... I hear it's the most intense atmosphere in HS football and I don't doubt it one bit...

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Hell the teams are usually close in district here as well...

I just think every game down in the Valley is a playoff game for them... I hear it's the most intense atmosphere in HS football and I don't doubt it one bit...

I mean the closeness of the cities, with some cities haveing between 2 and 5 schools. I mean, almost every single city in the RGV, is bordering another city. The Exceptions are PI, RH, Lyford, and Los Fresnos. PI is about 10 miles from Brownsville and Los Fresnos. Same for Los Fresnos (10 miles from PI/San Benito/Brownsville). Rio Hondo is 10 miles from Harlingen, but about 5 miles from San Benito. Lyford is about 15 miles from Harlingen, but the city limits are right on Raymondville's. Alll the other citites are basically overlapping, mating, and having baby cities! :D No seriously, most of the other city limits are actually touching each other.

JT44
11-22-2006, 11:19 PM
I think with all the friendly discussion we've had on here it's gonna be one great game friday!

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Johnny, I've been to PI/South Padre... and I can swear it's atleast 20 miles from PI to Brownsville... was I THAT drunk??? :thinking: :D :p

SintonFan
11-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey Zimmy. I'm on the RGV board. Eat your heart out. lol
Where's my beer?:D

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:45 PM
We're the same way... Take Cuero and Yoakum as an example... 12 miles apart... the thing is, half way to Yoakum you'll have a lot of folks that send/have sent their children to Cuero schools... Then the other half has sent their kids to Yoakum schools...

the two towns may not be connected, but there are only 20 barns, 250 horses and 3,491 head of cattle in between... that's not a lot for this area...

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hey Zimmy. I'm on the RGV board. Eat you heart out. lol
Where's my beer?:D

well how about this, you make a bet with them on my behalf...
and I'm still kickin' myself because I didn't bet you on the Hondo/Devine game...

SintonFan
11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
well how about this, you make a bet with them on my behalf...
and I'm still kickin' myself because I didn't bet you on the Hondo/Devine game...
I would have never taken the Hondo/Devine game bet against Hondo. That game I posted with a purpose.
OK... about this game what do you want me to bet someone if there are any "takers"?
Johny 5 can be the witness.:nerd:

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I would have never taken the Hondo/Devine game bet against Hondo. That game I posted with a purpose.
OK... about this game what do you want me to bet someone if there are any "takers"?
Johny 5 can be the witness.:nerd:

If they win, I give them a frozen turkey....

If they lose, I just want them to say "thanks"...

Johnny 5
11-22-2006, 11:52 PM
We're the same way... Take Cuero and Yoakum as an example... 12 miles apart... the thing is, half way to Yoakum you'll have a lot of folks that send/have sent their children to Cuero schools... Then the other half has sent their kids to Yoakum schools...

the two towns may not be connected, but there are only 20 barns, 250 horses and 3,491 head of cattle in between... that's not a lot for this area...

About 20 cities are connected, with 3 corridors (77,83,281)

Brownsville-San Benito-Harlingen-La Feria-Mercedes(-Edcouch/Elsa(-Santa Rosa))-Weslaco(-Progreso)-Donna-Alamo-San Juan-Pharr(-Valley View)(-Hidalgo-)-McAllen(-Edinburg)-Mission(-Sharyland)-La Joya

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:55 PM
About 20 cities are connected, with 3 corridors (77,83,281)

Brownsville-San Benito-Harlingen-La Feria-Mercedes(-Edcouch/Elsa(-Santa Rosa))-Weslaco(-Progreso)-Donna-Alamo-San Juan-Pharr(-Valley View)(-Hidalgo-)-McAllen(-Edinburg)-Mission(-Sharyland)-La Joya

sounds like a big cluster-screw to me...

SintonFan
11-22-2006, 11:58 PM
If they win, I give them a frozen turkey....

If they lose, I just want them to say "thanks"...
Huh? Really?
Johny 5 did you get that?
I say if they win you give someone 2 cases of beer Gobbla to make it interesting.:nerd: :D

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 11:59 PM

I say if they win you give someone 2 cases of beer Gobbla to make it interesting.:nerd: :D

I don't buy Tacate or Corona...

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't buy Tacate or Corona...
ok ok
I'll post that "down there" for you.:D

Johnny 5
11-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I think with all the friendly discussion we've had on here it's gonna be one great game friday!

At most it is 15 miles from Brownsville to PI, but another 3-5 from PI to SPI :D

And about 15 from Los Fresnos to PI.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 12:12 AM
At most it is 15 miles from Brownsville to PI, but another 3-5 from PI to SPI :D

And about 15 from Los Fresnos to PI.

you're from The Valley... you don't know what you're talking about ;) :p

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Do you want me to start a new thread Gob for the bet?

Johnny 5
11-23-2006, 12:22 AM
sounds like a big cluster-screw to me...

Basically it is.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3013/rgvmaplargepr3.jpg

Ray_BearKat
11-23-2006, 12:24 AM
lol i like the I-69 highway markers on your map...haha

we're getting an interstate system in the RGV if yall folks didn't know...we're moving on up :D

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Do you want me to start a new thread Gob for the bet?
no, I won't even be at the game... I go into work at 7:30 Friday Night... the radio is all I got... :( :mad:

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:29 AM
no, I won't even be at the game... I go into work at 7:30 Friday Night... the radio is all I got... :( :mad:
So what do I make the bet on... vouchers?
I can vouch I won't make that bet.:p

Johnny 5
11-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
lol i like the I-69 highway markers on your map...haha

we're getting an interstate system in the RGV if yall folks didn't know...we're moving on up :D

Ahh yes . . . the I-69. lol I cannot belive that one was passed. I mean everyone giggles or smirks when it is mentioned.

I-69 :D

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Ahh yes . . . the I-69. lol I cannot belive that one was passed. I mean everyone giggles or smirks when it is mentioned.

I-69 :D
I hope not. Most(landowners) in Central Texas are against it. But alas that's for another day.:doh:

Johnny 5
11-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I hope not. Most(landowners) in Central Texas are against it. But alas that's for another day.:doh:

hmmmm

Ray_BearKat
11-23-2006, 12:39 AM

I think your mistaking I-69 with TTC-35...I-69 would connect the RGC on 77 passed CC to Houston and then north on 59 to Texarkana. I don't know why Central Texans would care about the gulf coast region...

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:49 AM
I think your mistaking I-69 with TTC-35...I-69 would connect the RGC on 77 passed CC to Houston and then north on 59 to Texarkana. I don't know why Central Texans would care about the gulf coast region...
:eek:
Yes, that is the case.
Heck I-69 will go right by Sinton. The signs have been in place for quite a few years.:cool:

maroogreen
11-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Wow! Yesterday three pages--today 14!!! Just some comments on various posts:

I grew up in south Texas and lived in the Valley until I got married. RH, PI, EE, and some others have always had a strong tradition in the Valley. Unfortunately for them, a couple of big ol' famous ranches separate them from the rest of the football-playing world. So ruling the roost (if you'll pardon the Gobbler expression) in the Valley means you don't always have to contend with what the rest of the state does--SPEED! It is not a slam against Valley teams; it's the truth.

If you want to talk stats--let's discuss how many of RH guys run a true 4.5 or lower. Let's discuss how fast your larger linemen are. Let's talk explosion off of the line. Let's talk about those stats that don't make the newspaper every week, because those are things that win the tough ballgames.

Buc Stadium will not be a hostile environment for the Gobblers. Valley fans do support their teams--that's awesome. Nothing makes me sadder for the players than to see a town that doesn't follow their team, good or bad. But be prepared for a sea of green. Our stadium seated 6,500 BEFORE the extra bleachers were brought in, and we still ran over into the visitor side. At away games, we often almost take over the home side as well. Cuero fans know their football, know their rulebook, and know their players.

Then couple that with tradition. Not "our school rules the Valley" tradition, but "our school library is filled with the NFL jerseys of CHS graduates" tradition. Or the "how many current Division I college athletes we have" tradition. These are the things that our boys hear growing up. Football is not viewed as a passion where you work yourself up into a frenzy before a game. Football is Cuero's business and the athletes know the job they are expected to do. Fortunately for us, business is good. :)

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 12:50 AM

that's the one... that would be the current HWY 59 from Houston to Victoria and then to Refugio before turning into 77... I-69.... who cares if you 69, you perverts...

but the trans-texas deal is ALSO the I-69 from my understanding... 69 would just be a different section of the trans-Texas... so SintonFan is on the right track... it's all in the same package...

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 12:54 AM
that's the one... that would be the current HWY 59 from Houston to Victoria and then to Refugio before turning into 77... I-69.... who cares if you 69, you perverts...

but the trans-texas deal is ALSO the I-69 from my understanding... 69 would just be a different section of the trans-Texas... so SintonFan is on the right track... it's all in the same package...
The TTC is a lil different Gobbla.:( There is a huge up-roar over the state giving over private property to private companies.:o :mad:

Ray_BearKat
11-23-2006, 12:57 AM
I think its TTC-69, separate from TTC-35 but same concept...

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:01 AM
The TTC is a lil different Gobbla.:( There is a huge up-roar over the state giving over private property to private companies.:o :mad:

69 is ttc...

it's the same people pursuing it, just a different stretch of blacktop...

SintonFan
11-23-2006, 01:08 AM
69 is ttc...

it's the same people pursuing it, just a different stretch of blacktop...
You might be right but I've read alot about all the folks along 35 from SA to Waco who will have to give up farms(or parts of) that have been passed down from several families' generations. It's heart-breaking.:doh:

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:13 AM
You might be right but I've read alot about all the folks along 35 from SA to Waco who will have to give up farms(or parts of) that have been passed down from several families' generations. It's heart-breaking.:doh:

You need to read about 69 then...

In between Houston and Victoria (125 miles) farms are all you see... cotton, rice, corn... more people are against it on 69 than 35, main reason being is that Waco to SA is nothing but city with a few scattered farms in between...

Just found out this weekend that my aunt and uncle's place on 1604 outside of SA is pretty much under the guillotine because of the 1604 plans...

sad... glad they're thinking of future traffic problems in advance, just wish there was a better way...

44INAROW
11-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Wow! Yesterday three pages--today 14!!! Just some comments on various posts:

Nice posts MarooGreen:) See you Friday night

GO MEAN GREEN

maroogreen
11-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Nice posts MarooGreen:) See you Friday night

GO MEAN GREEN

I do think it will be a fun game. And Buc Stadium is one of my favorite high school stadiums...period. I don't know if it's really that great or just nostalgia on my part. I can tell I'm getting older because true greatness and great memories are starting to confuse themselves in my head. ;)

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:32 AM
I do think it will be a fun game. And Buc Stadium is one of my favorite high school stadiums...period. I don't know if it's really that great or just nostalgia on my part. I can tell I'm getting older because true greatness and great memories are starting to confuse themselves in my head. ;)

fun fun fun... yell for me, por favor...

maroogreen
11-23-2006, 01:35 AM
fun fun fun... yell for me, por favor...

I' m sad for you that you can't attend the skinning...I mean winning against the RH 'cats. :( I will yell loudly at the game. Just for you. :kiss: Have a great Thanksgiving!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I' m sad for you that you can't attend the skinning...I mean winning against the RH 'cats. :( I will yell loudly at the game. Just for you. :kiss: Have a great Thanksgiving!

I hope to see you next week...

Did you know that recent studies show that North American turkeys consume 15,622 pounds of bobcat a year???

Highschoolfan78
11-23-2006, 01:58 AM
I hope to see you next week...

Did you know that recent studies show that North American turkeys consume 15,622 pounds of bobcat a year???

I read that in National Geo.:clap:

JT44
11-23-2006, 10:11 AM
so is buc stadium gonna be crowded for the gobbler fans? what's the stadium like, i've never been

Bull Butter
11-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Buc Stadium is pretty big, about the same or maybe slightly larger than Victoria. Parking is terrible, and it's not in the best part of town.

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 10:34 AM
so is buc stadium gonna be crowded for the gobbler fans? what's the stadium like, i've never been

Well, even 10,000 Burnet fans ;) couldn't fill up the visitors section so I think the Gobbler faithful will be okay. :)

Who is home/visitor??

Gobbler Fan
11-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Cuero is home team

pirate4state
11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Cuero is home team Then you guys should have plenty of room. I'm sure it'll still be overflowing with football fans from the area coming to watch. The parking is what STINKS!!

Gobbler Fan
11-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Is the parking that bad ......and what about food close to the stadium ?

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
and what about food close to the stadium ?

bobcat...

I think Cuero will pack the stadium...

Gobbler Fan
11-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Bobcat works for me ;)

Ray_BearKat
11-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Is the parking that bad ......and what about food close to the stadium ?

there is a parking lot on one side of the stadium and the otherside the field is used to park cars in it should be fine but expect to see a lot of black and gold fans filling it up early....even other people from the valley are going to support the Bobcats.

Gobbler Fan
11-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I think some of your fans will stop in Kingsville to watch PLC-EE. We MIGHT have a few fans at Bucanner Stadium ourself .;)

44INAROW
11-24-2006, 09:45 AM
ttt